It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major National Security Announcement from President Trump - Tuesday 1.8.2019 at 9pm Eastern.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I will admit, I had not yet seen poll results that leaned that way. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. It does appear that article is a year old.

Some more recent figures:

A Quinnipiac poll of 1,147 voters reached on landlines or cell phones from Dec. 12-17 found that 54 percent of respondents opposed the wall and 43 percent supported it. A Harvard CAPS/Harris online survey of 1,407 registered voters conducted Dec. 24-26 found that 56 percent of those surveyed did not support a wall, while 44 percent did.

Just 35 percent of those surveyed supported including money for the wall in a federal spending bill, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll of 2,440 adults conducted online Dec. 21-25.

More than two-thirds of Americans don’t think the wall should be a priority, according to a poll of 1,075 adults by NPR, PBS News Hour and Marist. That poll was conducted Nov. 28-Dec. 4 using live telephone interviews to reach both landlines and cell phones.

Also, while my personal life is not representative of the US as a whole, I have a lot of conservative/republican friends who think the wall is a dumb idea. My logic was most democrats oppose it and some republicans oppose it. I would assume that is the majority population being that there are more self identifying Democrats than Republicans. You know what they say when you assume though.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yep. And as a consumer, I get the thought process of saving money. But if you do it this way, it's not helping the problem, it's pouring gas on the fire. It's hard to complain about it when you realize you are knee deep in it.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

When (if) he declares himself emperor, it will be far too late to be concerned.

As I am sure you realize.

How many of the world’s enslaved people voted in the politician who, only later, and usually in response to some specious “national emergency”, assumed dictatorial powers as “President for Life” or some such?

Learn from history!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yup, the Puddle Pirates are on it.

they have to do something. Goldie Hawn doesn't fall off a boat every day you know.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

As I am sure you realize.

How many of the world’s enslaved people voted in the politician who, only later, and usually in response to some specious “national emergency”, assumed dictatorial powers as “President for Life” or some such?

Learn from history!

If you ever have a desire to really, really, (I mean REALLY) understand what hyperbole is, revisit your post and ponder it for a while. It's commendable on it's level, and should be rewarded as such.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The republicans have been wanting it their way for a long time.

I guess you can say that the dems have finally started to follow their tactics.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What I find hilarious is that all those people who lambasted (rightfully so) people who said Obama wanted to be a dictator, are now full tilt TDS saying Trump is Hitler like and wants to be a dictator.

Sitting in the middle and watching the sides switch so much, illustrates just how strongly people are swayed by the media, and what htey are spoon fed, and just how far we have fallen from independent thought and actual research.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

You mean declares himself Fuhrer?

If you don't spice it up with Nazi fear it isn't as fun, also it's rule #234 on page 32 of the Anti-Trump playbook.

Good try though sport, you'll gettum next time.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
IMO, FWIW, the Democrats are colluding with foreigners to affect our elections.

They NEED thousand more people to poor into our country, and placed in certain districts (sanctuary cities?)

Illegals are not supposed to vote but, they ARE counted for inclusion in the numbers for House representatives per state. Democrats need the illegals for the 2020 Census count. Lots of them.

That is why they are so against Border Security. They were all for it in words only because they knew Obama would never seriously consider actually really securing it. Now that we have a president that can get it done, on time and under budget, they are in a PANIC in DC.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: headorheart

LOL, I believe he could offer a cure for cancer, and he would be vilified for that, so this is hate on an acceptable level. Haters gotta hate.

I don't believe he could offer a cure for cancer, though.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: headorheart

LOL, I believe he could offer a cure for cancer, and he would be vilified for that, so this is hate on an acceptable level. Haters gotta hate.

I don't believe he could offer a cure for cancer, though.

We already know the cure, it's Chuck Norris's tears.... Too bad he never cries.

SMH

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

It appears, Another promise kept!

Don't we need an actual wall for that to be true?

And Mexico to pay for it?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Most illegal immigrants, drugs, and human trafficking occurs where there is no wall.

You have an actual source for that or just making it up? or are you including airports and seaports???

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Not sure what he thinks he's going to accomplish by building the wall , They will find a way under, over or through it , It's going to end up a patch work mess from all the holes cut into it .

Perhaps, but until we have it, we really don't know. What we do know if the Border Patrol thinks it's a good idea and they spend a bit more time there than most of us.

When I found out it wasn't just a giant wall, but a combination of different technologies and barriers, it sure made sense to me, but not being in the morally elevated and educated group, I can only imagine.

And the Drudge Report picture of people sitting atop the new wall doesn't give you pause to reconsider?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hey everyone, just got wind that the announcement also has something to do with this.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
dbl
edit on 7-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ted Cruz had a brilliant idea on how to fund this wall quite a while ago. It was called the El Chapo bill. It essentially takes the $14 billion in El Chapo (the Mexican drug lord) funds and applies it to the funding of the wall.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The wall is a ridiculous waste of money and time.
I can't believe we are even arguing about it.
I'm sure Trump will call a national emergency and make "something" happen.
I can say for sure though that if they built it using copper piping, it would be gone the next day.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
These threads are a giant circle jerk with the OP as the pivot man....waiting to get his reward.... stars and flags in this case...

You all talk like you know the truth... The truth is the house and senate have 5 or 6 appropriations bills passed and ready to be signed by the President that would open the majority of the Gov't except for DHS and the border wall fiasco.

trumps lady speaker said to fox news that the white house wants all of them or nothing.... trump could have funded the Gov't days ago... I bet most of you know that though... But lets blame the Democrats right???

A lot of you argue that trump campaigned on building a wall and is keeping with his promise to the American people... OK I get that. You do have to admit that he also said Mexico would pay for it don't you?

He also promised a great health care program. Did he not? How is that working out? Maybe that is more of a National crisis ?
He also promised he had a plan to defeat ISIS in 90 days.... not so much...

He also promised not to divulge military plans, then announces unexpectedly a withdrawal from Syria...

There was probably something about infrastructure in there too...

Why hold him to this promise? Seriously why? You rally around him for trying to keep this partial campaign promise..

You all claim it is the Democrats fault, yet they pretty said no wall... so are they not sticking to their guns as well? They produced a budget with billions in border security that passed the house and senate that trump was going to sign until sean hannity told him not too..

This shut down is on trump and fox never news

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07
"These threads are a giant circle jerk with the OP as the pivot man....waiting to get his reward.... stars and flags in this case"...

oh how dare you break up the game...

Yes, you nailed it... S's & F's

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join