It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is True

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
a reply to: Barcs

Well like most churches/religions, there are different degrees of satanists.

I'll be amazed when a religion is formed where all the followers are in 100% agreement in the teachings.

While that is true, Satanists and devil worshipers are 2 completely different things, so I don't think it's fair to say Satanists worship the devil. Devil worship does reference Christian lore and makes Satan to be God, while Satanism is about giving into your inner inhibitions, indulgence and worshiping yourself as god. I don't think it's possible for a devil worshiper to be a Satanist and vice versa.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
Q: Why are the faithful so bent on recruiting?

If you don't count the people emotionally predisposed due to indoctrination, then $$$ and monopoly on reproduction are the prime motivators.

edit on 1 13 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Sorry was busy yesterday.

Here is a link to Talk Origins setting out how Genesis does not comply with the Big Bang theory.

www.talkorigins.org...

The creation account in Genesis 1 lists ten major events in this order:
(1) a beginning;
(2) a primitive earth in darkness and enshrouded in heavy gases and water;
(3) light;
(4) an expanse or atmosphere;
(5) large areas of dry land;
(6) land plants;
(7) sun, moon, and stars discernible in the expanse, and seasons beginning;
(8) sea monsters and flying creatures;
(9) wild and tame beasts and mammals;
(10) man. 

The real order is:
(1) a beginning;
(2) light;
(3) sun and stars;
(4) primitive earth, moon, and atmosphere;
(5) dry land;
(6) sea creatures;
(7) some land plants;
(8) land creatures and more plants and sea creatures;
(9) flying creatures (insects) and more plants and land and sea creatures;
(10) mammals, and more land and sea animals, insects, and plants;
(11) the first birds,
(12) fruiting plants (which is what Genesis talks about) and more land, sea, and flying creatures;
(13) man and more of the various animals and plants

Coomba98
edit on 13-1-2019 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula
Countless martyrs? 1st century? What a bunch of ridiculous lies! The christian percecutions lasted roughly 12years all together! One in 250Ad that lasted 2.5 years and one in 303ad that lasted 9 years!
Church was hyperbolic making things much more dramatic than they actually where!
Talking about a ridiculous number of martyrs while most of them outside the percecutions where merely criminals that deserved a punishment!
They wrote their fake history as the wanted!
But they never mention the violent persecutions of Pagans, heretics and Jews that lasted for many many centuries and where the worst times humanity ever had, percecuting among others science freedom, free thinking, education and logic!

I can deny his historicity, but point is that you can't prove it....

Iconoclasts where also christians so how I am one? They were accusing those christians worshiping Icons made of wood of Christ Saints etc, as idol worshipers, and they were right since clearly your god says do not worship idols!

How you dare say I am not ''purposed on truth'' just because I refuse to believe same lies?

Lastly Jesus left no words!!! All we have are some gospels from anonymous writers claiming to have being copies of copies of copies what the supposed Apostles originally wrote who supposedly were the followers of a supposed Jewish messiah who they claim was called Jeshuah!!! (Jesus is Jeshuah translated in Greek and not his original name)

There is too much assumtion going on to say that this supposed Christ (also a greek epithet) left some words he said to us!

Jesus had no ulterior motive. He didn't want authoritarian power, or money, so therefore he could speak the truth uninhibited. People died for his philosophy. The books still remain despite countless attempts to eliminate them. Sure you could try to argue he is not the first Son of God, but to argue his historicity has no merit.

Plato used myths to teach values virtues and philosophical truths! many centuries before christ supposedly copied him using his parables!
I know this cave myth very well but you should put yourself to the ones living in their cave (blind belief of christianity) ignoring attacking and persecuting others who tell them about the true world that exists outside their dogma!

There is no christian philosophy only christian dogma.
Philosophy really means friend of wisdom (literally) but christianity banned philosophical schools and persecuted philosophers saying there is no greater wisdom to be found than that of their god!
So you do not seek wisdom starting from scratch which is the essence of philosophy , you already have a given truth (Bible) and you try to fit everything in it! So I just proved you that christianity is not a philosophy.
But it did ''steal'' Aristotle's and Plato's concepts of morality, which were already popular in the Hellenistic schools that those that wrote the gospels obviously had study to....
Mind you that the gospels are written in perfect Greek language! There are no Aramaic copies anywhere to be found.So how could the uneducated supposed apostles write in perfect Greek? And how did they already knew about popular Greek writers? Which is obvious to a scholar studding the way the gospels where written!

Lastly the only one provoking Slavery among humans is your god and christ, Babylonian wasn't that bad, all the slander and defamation Jews have written in their bible for them is obviously them being bitter and buthurt because they were their enemies.

You can call it Great truth only talking to someone who hasn't read the bible
What you call as great truth is just immorality, unethicality, violence, barbarism, incest, slaughters, intolerance, bigotry, provoking killing and violence, misogyny, ignorance, illogical supernatural claims, superstitious and every other negative attribute that is the bible, And yes there are much much much better Truths than this abomination!

All the attributes you just described are the things people do falsely in the name of God. Jesus said turn the other cheek, so obviously anyone hell-bent on imperialist control is not practicing the Christian philosophy. If you were actually interested I could do my best to explain the different era of the old and new testament and how Jesus was the fulfillment of it, but you seem to only want to prove it wrong, regardless of any appeals to logic. I understand your frustration, I went through the same thing going through a hypocritical "religious" education system.

When you have pursued other avenues and realized them to be a dead end, consider reading the words of Jesus again.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Christians should really stop convincing the others that the Most High is real and that the Bible is true. You will not be successful. You will only waste your time debating for months or until your hair turns grey. Lol

You think going science will convince them? Creationist is a big joke. They think it can convince people of the truthfulness of the Bible. The science community will just make fun of you guys. Even if you won a debate through reasoning, do you think they will change their hearts and mind and suddenly be a Christian overnight? What a joke.

If Christ himself couldn’t convince people of his time even though he showed so many miracles, what makes you think you’re better than him?

Christians should just share the gospel as a witness to people that you have preached the word without so much convincing. If they believe, then good. If not, that’s perfectly fine. The important thing here is they heard it. At least you did your part. Don’t sweat it. Other than this, is just fueling your ego. Saving one soul is to your merit, for your praise. You made yourself to be the savior.

Remember, from the beginning, Jesus had more than 12 disciples. Most of them left, but 12 remained. This is because he had chosen them. Just as he had chosen the thief on the cross that barely knew him. Did he preach the gospel to him in 2-hour long sermon? Was he even disappointed that many left, but 12 remained?

If you can see the simplicity of things, you’ll free yourself the burden because it is only the Most High that enables men to believe him. He does the selection. When he selects you, he puts his Spirit in you to enable you to believe. Men, in his natural state, will never ever choose the Most High, even if you choke him with the Bible.

But, of course, you need to increase your membership for your knucklehead pastors. I just don’t trust these guys. But, Christians have put them on the pedestal thinking that since he is a pastor and an authority figure, he must be right and must not be questioned. Lol

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Sure, just bring us a book written by Jesus himself, his own words by his own hand. If you can.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

All the attributes you just described are the things people do falsely in the name of God. Jesus said turn the other cheek, so obviously anyone hell-bent on imperialist control is not practicing the Christian philosophy.

Jesus also said I didn't come to bring peace but a sword and turn sons against their fathers and daughters against their mothers, He said those that won't accept my word will face the wrath of my father. that he will do to them things worse than what he did to Sodom and Gomorrah!

There are countless of orders in the Old testament by the prophets, to destroy pagan temples and statues and kill their priests, which was the reason of the pagan persecutions. tortures and destruction that followed after Jesus!
How about ''do not let a witch to live''? which was the reason for the witchhunt?

So as you see those weren't ''things people did falsely in the name of God'' those people were merely following god's orders! They just did what the bible asked them to!

As for Jesus he agreed with everything said and done in the old testament, since he said I did not came to abolish the law, and the prophets but to fulfill them , and he also accused some Jews for not following the old testament.

(I can find all the verses if you want) , but I am sure you know all about them if you have read the bible...)

Also saying ''anyone hell-bent on imperialist control is not practicing the Christian philosophy'' for what the evil the christian Emperors did, is somewhat heretic since for the church accepts these slaughter Emperors as ''Saints'' because of the power and glory they give to church and because they killed and destroyed the pagan ''idol worshiping'', ''demonic'' world.

I understand your good will and belief in the ''good hearted'' Jesus, And I respect that, but I used to be in your position (I was raised a christian in a strict christian environment) but after reading the bible and researching history I realized the hypocrisy of Christianity that invented a messiah for political reasons and created a new religion as a tool of manipulating their citizens. And everything I was taught was a lie!.

So how can I seriously read the words of Jesus again when I know for sure that they are all made up lies? That the only dead-end that doens't lead anywhere....

They invented everything, there is no historicity of Jesus and the acts of the apostles are all created myths, to portray a fake history of the christian church in the 1st century. Constantine made christianity what it is, his mother created the myth of the holy cross and build the so called tomb of Jesus 300 years after Jesus supposedly lived, Constantine killed his wife his father and sister and tortured and slaughtered thousands, but he is now worshiped as a Saint by christians!
All these to give some credit to their new religion! Nothing really happened as christianity teaches and all these can be proved by historical sources and existing (or non existing) archeological finds!

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula

Jesus also said I didn't come to bring peace but a sword and turn sons against their fathers and daughters against their mothers, He said those that won't accept my word will face the wrath of my father.

Emphasizing the division he would cause between those enamored with the world and those enamored with God. To root out the deceptive lies we were taught growing up - your "Christian" up-bringing is likely no exception to this rule. Mine was probably worse, but that is just speculation. To blindly follow suit with our parents is to fall under the same misconceptions they fell for. Blind faith is only good if acted upon. Blind faith without action is essentially complacency, and it plagued, and continues to plague the world.

To pursue unbiased knowledge eventually lead me back to the transcendental Christian philosophy, unabridged by pastor bias and compromise. Don't let the hypocrites steal the keys to heaven from you.

So as you see those weren't ''things people did falsely in the name of God'' those people were merely following god's orders! They just did what the bible asked them to!

Also saying ''anyone hell-bent on imperialist control is not practicing the Christian philosophy'' for what the evil the christian Emperors did, is somewhat heretic since for the church accepts these slaughter Emperors as ''Saints'' because of the power and glory they give to church and because they killed and destroyed the pagan ''idol worshiping'', ''demonic'' world.

Jesus upped the standard of morality to not even contemplating sexual perversion, and to never hold a grudge or hate in your mind... So if anyone is trying to kill anyone it is safe to say they are not following the Christian philosophy.

As for Jesus he agreed with everything said and done in the old testament

Not true. He corrected various commands, such as changing "an eye for an eye", to "turn the other cheek".

he said I did not came to abolish the law, and the prophets but to fulfill them , and he also accused some Jews for not following the old testament.

He was the fulfillment of the Old Testament since he was the first born sacrificial lamb without blemish. Jesus nor God want any of the children to perish, but such is the gift and curse of free will.

Children deserve discipline. I know there is a pervading ideology today that everyone deserves a trophy and there should be no consequences for action, but that is total rubbish. When cancer cells arise in the body they are destroyed if the body wishes to remain healthy.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Children deserve discipline. I know there is a pervading ideology today that everyone deserves a trophy and there should be no consequences for action, but that is total rubbish. When cancer cells arise in the body they are destroyed if the body wishes to remain healthy.

What if the body has the power to generate "false flag" events such as attacking itself with cancer and infections to justify unethical measures in protecting and securing the organism at large? Like certain diseases do when the immune system malfunctions.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I would think an all powerful God might bother to talk to his people now and then, maybe in a group? All at once? and not just to a single person here, another there, in secret. Isn't that called hearsay? Why do Christians get upset when Jews tell them what they have wrong about the Old Testament when they wrote the Old Testament? If we are as children in this Life, shouldn't our Lord TALK TO US rather than rely on a repeatedly translated group of stories written by different people at different times, including by people that never even met Jesus? Why, if there was only ONE Jesus, and ONE book, are there so many denominations, so many interpretations? If we can't even agree on what he is telling us, how clear are his desires being made to us in how to live our lives? Utterly ridiculous for an all powerful God to let us dangle like this, many suffering from birth (did they do something wrong? Life lessons? Lessons for the rest of us?) while we mill about arguing what he really meant in the Bible? Protestants, Catholics, Baptists, Lutherans, Methodists, and on and on and on...... can't all be right, but that doesn't mean they aren't all wrong either.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

It's more about the context of what I was trying to get across more so than the literal interpretation of what I was saying.

Satanists, devil worshipers, Jews, Muslims, Christians etc. Point is all these different beliefs based on the same core 'THE BIBLE" and how is any one meant to know what the truth to it all is if there is any to begin with.

I guess I'd like it if people were a bit more clearer on which Bible, which God and which Jesus, they're talking about when they start spouting on about THE Bible, THE God, and THE Jesus, as the distinction matters to such discussions because a Protestant and a Catholic may both be Christians but they're not the same thing.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Why has no Christian responded to this:

The creation account in Genesis 1 lists ten major events in this order: 
(1) a beginning; 
(2) a primitive earth in darkness and enshrouded in heavy gases and water; 
(3) light; 
(4) an expanse or atmosphere; 
(5) large areas of dry land; 
(6) land plants; 
(7) sun, moon, and stars discernible in the expanse, and seasons beginning; 
(8) sea monsters and flying creatures; 
(9) wild and tame beasts and mammals; 
(10) man.  

Yet scientific evidence points too:

(1) a beginning; 
(2) light; 
(3) sun and stars; 
(4) primitive earth, moon, and atmosphere; 
(5) dry land; 
(6) sea creatures; 
(7) some land plants; 
(8) land creatures and more plants and sea creatures; 
(9) flying creatures (insects) and more plants and land and sea creatures; 
(10) mammals, and more land and sea animals, insects, and plants; 
(11) the first birds, 
(12) fruiting plants (which is what Genesis talks about) and more land, sea, and flying creatures; 
(13) man and more of the various animals and plants 

Yet... 'The Bible is True' yadda yadda.

Cherry picking no?

Coomba98

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Say what you will, but the Bible is deliberately deceptive. Example?

www.allaboutgod.com...

Would all make sense if it were aliens though.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
Why has no Christian responded to this:

Not here to prove to anyone that the Bible is true. If you think it's untrue, totally fine with me. I'm not really the type to waste time convincing someone, arguing back and forth for ages. I mean, you heard the gospel, freely made your choice not to believe without any influence or coercion. I respect that.

But, I like science, so let's get started.

Gen.1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters..

This is the introduction verse. It is stating the creation overview. Do not mistake this as the first day of creation. The earth did not exist yet because it is formless. In other words, nonexistent. This verse is stating the condition before the beginning of creation.

Dictionary:

Formless adj.

: having no physical existence

There was no source of light yet, only darkness and void. This means no stars and no sun at all. It's practically infinitely sub-zero coldest of the coldest, total void of energy.

The verse also mentions "waters". Water is liquid. However, how can it be in the liquid state when there's no source of heat? It is also not water as in H20 as matter did not exist yet. So, what could it be? Perhaps, it is stating the characteristic or substance of the void as some sort of being fluid or liquid superfluid.

According to current scientific research:

"Are we living ‘underwater’? Researchers believe the universe might be a ‘liquid superfluid’

That’s a question scientists have yet to find an answer to, but a new theory suggests spacetime itself might be a ‘liquid superfluid’.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

New Space Theory: Universe is 'Liquid', Claim Scientists

According to the latest theory, spacetime could be treated as a fluid. This model could allow scientists to work out how some forces move through space.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

So, what we can understand from this new space theory is that the fabric of spacetime itself might be some sort of a liquid superfluid or "waters" as mentioned in the verse. This makes sense because you need a medium or the fabric of spacetime for matter to exist.

---

The First Day

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

This verse is stating the creation of Photons and Matter.

You need photons to create matter.

Scientists discover how to turn light into matter after 80-year quest

Breit and Wheeler suggested that it should be possible to turn light into matter by smashing together only two particles of light (photons), to create an electron and a positron – the simplest method of turning light into matter ever predicted.

phys.org...

Out Of Pure Light, Physicists Create Particles Of Matter ...

www.sciencedaily.com...

Photons come in different frequencies, from x-rays, gamma rays, radio waves, visible light and etc. This is the electromagnetic spectrum.

From light itself, matter was created, therefore, on this day, the galaxies, the stars, the planets, the sun, and the earth were created.

The Second Day

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

This is the stage where the atmosphere forms. The earth is still a water world for there's no land yet. The sun is still young and too faint to give light and heat on the planet. However, the planet itself can generate heat on its own because it has approximately 1 million ocean volcanoes to generate enough heat to create the atmosphere and the clouds. Since this is the earth in its primal state, we can imagine how violent the oceans were as these volcanoes were simultaneously erupting.

"There are many types of volcanoes; one of the most notable features is submarine volcanoes or under the ocean volcanoes. Interestingly, 80% of the Earth’s volcanic activities can be found under the ocean and the total number of these under ocean volcanoes is approximately 1 million."

deepoceanfacts.com...

Ancient Earth was a barren waterworld

DRY land may be something of a novelty. Until around 2.5 billion years ago our planet was almost completely covered by water, a model of the early Earth suggests.

www.newscientist.com...

The Third Day

And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

11Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

This is the stage were dry land appears as tectonic plates collide and form land. When the land formed, all sorts of vegetations, plants, and trees can now thrive. It is still in its primal stage. Since they need light, most probably they thrive near volcanoes where the glow of the magma provide light. The volcanic ashes give the needed nutrients as well. There are actually plants that can thrive in low light conditions.

"There are plants that grow without sunlight, they need indirect exposure, some even thrive in fluorescent light and here in this article, we’ve listed 17 best plants to grow indoors."

balconygardenweb.com...

Landforms Caused by Plate Tectonics

The activity that occurs when two tectonic plates interact with each other can have a major impact on the landscape of the Earth, needless to say. Although the process can take millions of years, the landforms created by plate tectonics offer some of the most impressive natural land features in the world.

sciencing.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The Fourth Day

And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

This is the stage where the sun appears and is fully developed. More vegetation, plants, and trees can now thrive under the sun, which also provides oxygen to the air. The reflected light from the sun on the moon now shines on the earth at night. This is also the day where the light from the stars reaches the earth.

The Fifth Day

20And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” 23And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

Since we now have the sun, the trees, the plants, and oxygen, animal life can now exist and thrive on earth.

The Sixth Day

And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, a and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

This is the stage where mammals can now exist including man since everything now is set for life on the land.

Phew! That was really long. LOL!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
As for time itself, kindly note time is relative. Your time on top of a tall building is different from the time on the ground. There is time dilation according to General Relativity. Your time in a powerful gravity well like the black hole moves a lot slower than the time on earth. If you were to observe a watch on earth, while you were near the blackhole, 1 hr on your watch would equal millions of years on earth. That is how time is.

If we assume that the Big Bang is one Big Black hole and the Creator is inside the Big Bang singularity, we can be sure that one day inside would equal millions of years on earth.

So, essentially, one day in Genesis can span hundreds of millions of years.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: syndicatesyn

Hey digger, im good with a general discussion on beliefs.

originally posted by: syndicatesyn

Gen.1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters..

This is the introduction verse. It is stating the creation overview. Do not mistake this as the first day of creation. The earth did not exist yet because it is formless. In other words, nonexistent. This verse is stating the condition before the beginning of creation.

Dictionary:

Formless adj.

: having no physical existence

There was no source of light yet, only darkness and void. This means no stars and no sun at all. It's practically infinitely sub-zero coldest of the coldest, total void of energy.

This isn't near the beginning of the current state of the Universe.

Being:

(1) a beginning;
(2) light;
(3) sun and stars;

The Earth starts at point 4 in the Science book.

The verse also mentions "waters". Water is liquid. However, how can it be in the liquid state when there's no source of heat? It is also not water as in H20 as matter did not exist yet. So, what could it be? Perhaps, it is stating the characteristic or substance of the void as some sort of being fluid or liquid superfluid.

An Argument from Ignorance fallacy.

According to current scientific research:
"Are we living ‘underwater’? Researchers believe the universe might be a ‘liquid superfluid’
That’s a question scientists have yet to find an answer to, but a new theory suggests spacetime itself might be a ‘liquid superfluid’.

Nope, your reading some scientists opinions.

Matter is not really a gas, or liquid or solid. Its kinda one and yet all at the same time.

From what I understand matter is a fluid, even a solid is considered fluid in physics.
[Crap drunk and.... greens legal so if someone more knowledgeable than me disagrees please correct me]

So if the Bible cannot match the first four at the very least (we can argue more after 4), then maybe the Bible is a book created by ancient man to help describe reality.

God of the gaps if slowly getting smaller the more we learn about nature.

Coomba98
edit on 17-1-2019 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Nope, your reading some scientists opinions.

So are you. That entire list you posted is theoretical, and difficult to prove. It is likely to change as science always does. So for you to smugly disregard opposing scientific viewpoints is silly, especially since your entire post was based on scientific opinions.

God of the gaps if slowly getting smaller the more we learn about nature.

Maybe in your opinion. But in actuality the more we dig into biological observation on the microscopic level, we realize it gets more and more complex. As we realize the greater complexity of biological systems, we more and more have to conclude that it was the design of an intelligent agent, rather than random chance.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Actually your dodging.

I said some scientists not the majority, most accept the consensus of the evidence.

If you want to use the word theoretical, then please use it correctly as your using it incorrectly.

And God of the gaps is decreasing, mother nature is slowly being explained and how things occur is now being known.

No God needed when science can lead us to better truths.

Your response to me is a tip toe dodge around accepting what is most likely truth.

Coomba98
edit on 17-1-2019 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Actually your dodging.

your using it incorrectly.

You're* correcting others when you're* in need of correction. Be sure you're* right before you try to correct others.

If you want to use the word theoretical, then please use it correctly as your using it incorrectly.

All of the things you mentioned are theories because they are not reproducible or provable in a lab setting. I think you're* confusing theories as facts.

No God needed when science can lead us to better truths.

Science already figured out the best scientific approximation of the truth with the Copenhagen interpretation back in the early 20th century. What sort of liberating truth are you waiting for from science? Cancer rates continue to climb, longevity sees no noticeable improvements. If your hope relies on science to free you, you will die disappointed like the rest of those who hoped for some great scientific breakthrough that never came. The answer is already out there, you just need to look in the right place.
edit on 17-1-2019 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join