It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is True

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula

And there are no archeological or historical evidence to prove that this Jeshuah actually existed!

Written in the 2019th year after the recorded coming of the king Yeshuah. (our entire calendar is based on him, it is ignorant to say there is no historical evidence of him)

as soon as the realize it was made up by some people to proselytize others....

Jesus's philosophy was altruism, pacifism, mercy, love, and so forth... perhaps people later on abused people's blind belief and made them do absurd things, but this by no means spoils the authenticity of the original message.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Written in the 2019th year after the recorded coming of the king Yeshuah. (our entire calendar is based on him, it is ignorant to say there is no historical evidence of him).

You are kidding right? This dating system was invented by christians! IT was devised in 525 AD by Dionysius Exiguus of Scythia Minor, but was not widely used until after 800 AD!
If you think Jesus existed because of what the theocracy of christians decided to do 500 years after the time he supposedly lived, you live in the christian fairytale!
But it's not your fault, that's what the christian propaganda has done to our societies...

Jesus's philosophy was altruism, pacifism, mercy, love, and so forth... perhaps people later on abused people's , but this by no means spoils the authenticity of the original message.

Jesus said nothing new, it was all Greek philosophy virtues blended with messianic Judaism superstitions, and Judaic traditions... No authenticity really, plus the same people you are referring to, that ''abused blind belief and made them do absurd things'' where most likely the same people that invented christianity for geopolitical reasons inside Rome... and tried to proselytize others (mainly the uneducated and gullible) to gain power!

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I wish it were, but it isn’t. Just a collection of fairy tails designed to keep the weak minded in line. a reply to: Toolman18

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Sure he is real what about....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

This short vid raises some interesting and sometimes downright hilarious question and queries.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Truth is you don't know, neither do I, none of us do until we end our journey in this life.
You can spout your beliefs or lack thereof but that will never change that fact.

None of us know why we're here, where we're going and what happens when we get there.

All we have is our opinions. Nothing wrong with that, just gotta respect it is all.

I think yes, the bible is indeed real. It is an actual book.
But I think though much of it is taken out of context by many, much has been lost to time, and there have been many re-edits of it.
A single word can change an entire phrases meaning. The reader often reads only what they want to be.

For me the bible is a mixture of historical records turned into stories from early civilized (for the time) man, and plagiarism of many of the good aspects of many different religions as an attempt to establish a basic set of laws needed for a society to flourish. Ten commandments and Jesus's forgive and forget?
Someone attempting to show you cannot have a co-operative society when you're killing your neighbors over their possessions and women or because they hurt your feelings.

Forgive and forget. Offer the other cheek. The Bibles way of saying "Get the # over it"

If you take it for what it is it's a good look at human history and how we evolved from pre-ancient Egytpian times until the early A.D's.

It can also be fun to make connections between the stories and possible real life events. Great floods, Splitting of the continents, the tower of Babel? You could interpret that as the Pangea or Super Continent theory, but through the eyes of a primitive human and distorted over time because much of the bible was passed on by mouth for hundreds of years, maybe even thousands from witness observation of a real event to a fairy tail of sorts.

It's a good work of semi-nonfiction I'd call it.
For me the problem is people saying "THE BIBLE" as if it's that simple.
One true God. One Good book...... HIS word....His Truth.

But which is his One Book?

The Old Testament? According to the Jews it is, and well the bible..... or The New Testament part of it says they're Gods chosen people, not the Christians who base their religion on it. Remember Jesus is a Jew, preaching to the Jews, as are all the main characters in both books. So is the OT THE Bible because it's all about them?

And which Jewish is right?
Ashkenazi
Sephardi
Ethiopian
Hasidic
Samaritans
Messianic Judaism

Speaking of both books, Is both books of Christianity, OT and NT, THE Bible?
Why? As above Jesus was a Jew, preaching to Jews, God loves Jews above all else. So why are you a Christian?
Or are you the Gentiles in the NT, that will show the Jesus rejecting Jews the way?
Is it actually ever said in "The Bible" that Jesus is without a doubt the Messiah? I recall him denying it a lot. Ah personal context.

Then if Christians are right which ones own interpretation with different wording, extra books, different interpretations of the same passages.
Catholics? Mormons? Baptists? Protestants? Adventists? Jehovah Witnesses? Church of England? (That one that changed God's word to allow a King to get divorced? Still the true word of God?) The Salvation Army?

Should I read:
American Standard Version
King James Version
New King James Version
Lexham English Bible
Holman Christian Standard Bible
Jubilee Bible 2000 (Now with extra turbo boost?)
New Living Translation
Book of Mormon

Which one is true and correct. Which one is the word of God?

Speaking of Jesus not being a Messiah. Maybe it's the next ones to update The Bible... The Muslims?
They're based off Judaism, but acknowledge Jesus as a prophet not the Messiah.
Are they right? And they have like a billion sects too.

Then we have the Satanists. They're also based on Judo/Christianity, their religion is based upon THE Bible. They just added a book of their own that declares THE Bible as fake news, and God was really the bad guy.
(When did the Devil flood the planet and smite mankind again? I forget.)

And this is before you consider the billion other non-Jewish based religions out there. The Aboriginal dreaming (more multiple sects with different takes on the same stories. The Krishna's. Buddhists. Hindi's. The ancient Egyptians, Mayans and Vikings?

Who has the true word? Why are they the correct one. Although all have very similar stories and morals.
All basically say mankind is stupid and needs a heaven and hell or more importantly nothingness.

I look at most religions scientifically. You could say we have a God. We see him everyday.
His name is not Allah, Yewah, Jehovah or God or anything else, it's SOL.

It created our solar system, it created us. It created everything we know in our neughbourhood. It's a common theme throughout history. Always a Sun God at the top rank or pretty high up.

Let's use the Christian God and check it off against Sol.

1. Ball of light for a head. Look upon the face of it and go blind. = Sounds like Sol.

2. God created all life, bought light into our universe. Sustains us. We're lost with him. = Sounds like Sol.

3. Created the Heavens and Earth and the air that separates them. aka Solar System. = Sounds like Sol.

4. Can, and will one day glass the Earth. Destroy everything and remake it a new. = Sounds like Sol. Solar flares and super novas anyone? Scientists theorize a super nova can spawn a new star, Jupiter ignites? Sucks all our atoms in and recycles them?

5. Is always watching us. = Sounds like Sol.

6. Can cause pestilence, plague, floods and other 'acts of god', death of crops, livestock and people.

7. Bathes us in his light and warmth. = Sounds like Sol.

8. Doesn't reveal himself. = Sounds like Sol. Because it's always there, you can have faith and belief in that.

9. Time operates on a different scale. human life to God is a drop in the ocean of time. = Think how long Sol has been alive for and how long it will live for. Compared to us it is immortal.

10. It is the Alpha and the Omega. Sol was the first thing here. It'll be the last thing here too.
It is quite literally all that is was and will be for us.

If you were a caveman and you saw someone get hit by lightening but did not understand electricity, because you lacked the science, you'd probably think it was a gods magic. Because it's the only way you could rationalise it back then. Describing it to other similarly primitive people would make it sound fantastical.

Again, just an interpretation one of an infinite. Just one of many lines thoughts I have had.
Because I sure as # don't know anymore than you do, or Stephen Hawkings did, or Neil Tyson and the Pope does.

But damn we lucked out with this Goldilocks thing. Moon in the right spot, Gas Giants, everything in that billion to 1 right combination that means we can all be here.... I could see how some might look at it as being by design.
Doesn't mean I agree with them.

Believe what you will if it gets you through life. Just be a decent human being while you do it and understand we're all as confused as you.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: spacegod03

Best of luck with the recipes and bon appétit...

https://www.amazon.com/Eating-Crow-Loving-Judgmentally-Challenged/dp/1936780410

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
I started chemo today.

If your god apparently designed things intelligently, then he or she is an absolutely awful engineer, or a sadist.

"god sends us challenges to test us." Why? No, really, why? Is he/she that insecure that this constant begging, scraping, and suffering is needed?

Absolutely not worthy of my praise. As Stephen Fry said - bone cancer in children? How dare you.

And anyone who can defend the sheer amount of horrors and sadness in the world should be ashamed of themselves.

Life is good. But it's what you make it. And if there is a god, I'm not going to beg, scrape, and blindly follow because I've been threatened with eternal damnation for sins I was apparently born with because god designed Adam and Eve with the ability to break the rules, then punished them and everyone else when they did.

It blows my mind that so many people still eat this up, like all the North Koreans clapping and crying at the Dear Leader while they suffer and live in fear.

I like how none of the supporters for divine oversight have any witty insights regarding your condition or its relevance to the grand design of the cosmic fuhrer. there is always an atheist or two in the cancer ward, and for good reason.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula

And there are no archeological or historical evidence to prove that this Jeshuah actually existed!

Written in the 2019th year after the recorded coming of the king Yeshuah. (our entire calendar is based on him, it is ignorant to say there is no historical evidence of him)

as soon as the realize it was made up by some people to proselytize others....

Jesus's philosophy was altruism, pacifism, mercy, love, and so forth... perhaps people later on abused people's blind belief and made them do absurd things, but this by no means spoils the authenticity of the original message.

Matthew 10:34-36 New International Version (NIV)
34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

war is not a religion, it is an industry.
edit on 8-1-2019 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Star and a flag because you like TOOL.

I think God exists but don't know if I think the Bible is true.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Marx was right, I guess.

Because it seems like a lot of you are getting super high on that opium.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
Truth is you don't know, neither do I, none of us do until we end our journey in this life.
You can spout your beliefs or lack thereof but that will never change that fact.

None of us know why we're here, where we're going and what happens when we get there.

All we have is our opinions. Nothing wrong with that, just gotta respect it is all.

I think yes, the bible is indeed real. It is an actual book.
But I think though much of it is taken out of context by many, much has been lost to time, and there have been many re-edits of it.
A single word can change an entire phrases meaning. The reader often reads only what they want to be.

For me the bible is a mixture of historical records turned into stories from early civilized (for the time) man, and plagiarism of many of the good aspects of many different religions as an attempt to establish a basic set of laws needed for a society to flourish. Ten commandments and Jesus's forgive and forget?
Someone attempting to show you cannot have a co-operative society when you're killing your neighbors over their possessions and women or because they hurt your feelings.

Forgive and forget. Offer the other cheek. The Bibles way of saying "Get the # over it"

If you take it for what it is it's a good look at human history and how we evolved from pre-ancient Egytpian times until the early A.D's.

It can also be fun to make connections between the stories and possible real life events. Great floods, Splitting of the continents, the tower of Babel? You could interpret that as the Pangea or Super Continent theory, but through the eyes of a primitive human and distorted over time because much of the bible was passed on by mouth for hundreds of years, maybe even thousands from witness observation of a real event to a fairy tail of sorts.

It's a good work of semi-nonfiction I'd call it.
For me the problem is people saying "THE BIBLE" as if it's that simple.
One true God. One Good book...... HIS word....His Truth.

But which is his One Book?

The Old Testament? According to the Jews it is, and well the bible..... or The New Testament part of it says they're Gods chosen people, not the Christians who base their religion on it. Remember Jesus is a Jew, preaching to the Jews, as are all the main characters in both books. So is the OT THE Bible because it's all about them?

And which Jewish is right?
Ashkenazi
Sephardi
Ethiopian
Hasidic
Samaritans
Messianic Judaism

Speaking of both books, Is both books of Christianity, OT and NT, THE Bible?
Why? As above Jesus was a Jew, preaching to Jews, God loves Jews above all else. So why are you a Christian?
Or are you the Gentiles in the NT, that will show the Jesus rejecting Jews the way?
Is it actually ever said in "The Bible" that Jesus is without a doubt the Messiah? I recall him denying it a lot. Ah personal context.

Then if Christians are right which ones own interpretation with different wording, extra books, different interpretations of the same passages.
Catholics? Mormons? Baptists? Protestants? Adventists? Jehovah Witnesses? Church of England? (That one that changed God's word to allow a King to get divorced? Still the true word of God?) The Salvation Army?

Should I read:
American Standard Version
King James Version
New King James Version
Lexham English Bible
Holman Christian Standard Bible
Jubilee Bible 2000 (Now with extra turbo boost?)
New Living Translation
Book of Mormon

Which one is true and correct. Which one is the word of God?

Speaking of Jesus not being a Messiah. Maybe it's the next ones to update The Bible... The Muslims?
They're based off Judaism, but acknowledge Jesus as a prophet not the Messiah.
Are they right? And they have like a billion sects too.

Then we have the Satanists. They're also based on Judo/Christianity, their religion is based upon THE Bible. They just added a book of their own that declares THE Bible as fake news, and God was really the bad guy.
(When did the Devil flood the planet and smite mankind again? I forget.)

And this is before you consider the billion other non-Jewish based religions out there. The Aboriginal dreaming (more multiple sects with different takes on the same stories. The Krishna's. Buddhists. Hindi's. The ancient Egyptians, Mayans and Vikings?

Who has the true word? Why are they the correct one. Although all have very similar stories and morals.
All basically say mankind is stupid and needs a heaven and hell or more importantly nothingness.

I look at most religions scientifically. You could say we have a God. We see him everyday.
His name is not Allah, Yewah, Jehovah or God or anything else, it's SOL.

It created our solar system, it created us. It created everything we know in our neughbourhood. It's a common theme throughout history. Always a Sun God at the top rank or pretty high up.

Let's use the Christian God and check it off against Sol.

1. Ball of light for a head. Look upon the face of it and go blind. = Sounds like Sol.

2. God created all life, bought light into our universe. Sustains us. We're lost with him. = Sounds like Sol.

3. Created the Heavens and Earth and the air that separates them. aka Solar System. = Sounds like Sol.

4. Can, and will one day glass the Earth. Destroy everything and remake it a new. = Sounds like Sol. Solar flares and super novas anyone? Scientists theorize a super nova can spawn a new star, Jupiter ignites? Sucks all our atoms in and recycles them?

5. Is always watching us. = Sounds like Sol.

6. Can cause pestilence, plague, floods and other 'acts of god', death of crops, livestock and people.

7. Bathes us in his light and warmth. = Sounds like Sol.

8. Doesn't reveal himself. = Sounds like Sol. Because it's always there, you can have faith and belief in that.

9. Time operates on a different scale. human life to God is a drop in the ocean of time. = Think how long Sol has been alive for and how long it will live for. Compared to us it is immortal.

10. It is the Alpha and the Omega. Sol was the first thing here. It'll be the last thing here too.
It is quite literally all that is was and will be for us.

If you were a caveman and you saw someone get hit by lightening but did not understand electricity, because you lacked the science, you'd probably think it was a gods magic. Because it's the only way you could rationalise it back then. Describing it to other similarly primitive people would make it sound fantastical.

Again, just an interpretation one of an infinite. Just one of many lines thoughts I have had.
Because I sure as # don't know anymore than you do, or Stephen Hawkings did, or Neil Tyson and the Pope does.

But damn we lucked out with this Goldilocks thing. Moon in the right spot, Gas Giants, everything in that billion to 1 right combination that means we can all be here.... I could see how some might look at it as being by design.
Doesn't mean I agree with them.

Believe what you will if it gets you through life. Just be a decent human being while you do it and understand we're all as confused as you.

We who believe in the singularity need not wait for death's door, barring being run over by a bus, we will know in the flesh whether we were right or not, as inevitability cannot be evaded forever. Every single second that passes we draw closer to the barrier between the world of man and the world of the divine breaking forever.

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Toolman18

I don't know how you get from "our existence was created" to "we all will have to give account for our lives" to the creator.

It makes no sense to me that this creator would need feed back from us.

c'mon, now you know you can't use logic...we are talking about a mythical being....

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
I started chemo today.

If your god apparently designed things intelligently, then he or she is an absolutely awful engineer, or a sadist.

"god sends us challenges to test us." Why? No, really, why? Is he/she that insecure that this constant begging, scraping, and suffering is needed?

Absolutely not worthy of my praise. As Stephen Fry said - bone cancer in children? How dare you.

And anyone who can defend the sheer amount of horrors and sadness in the world should be ashamed of themselves.

Life is good. But it's what you make it. And if there is a god, I'm not going to beg, scrape, and blindly follow because I've been threatened with eternal damnation for sins I was apparently born with because god designed Adam and Eve with the ability to break the rules, then punished them and everyone else when they did.

It blows my mind that so many people still eat this up, like all the North Koreans clapping and crying at the Dear Leader while they suffer and live in fear.

Your talking about christianity not GOD

And people tend to always blame GOD on there rough times and problems

Sorry you have cancer but you cant always blame GOD just because you have no one else to blame

There are plenty of other things that come into play.
just because you don't understand,
that is where your hatred is coming from.

Why are people so scared to die?

see if you know and believe in a afterlife you dont have to be scared

edit on 8-1-2019 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If everyone could understand

The bible is not GOD!
Christianity is not GOD!
Jesus (may not be his real name) was the Son of God!
All Religions are man made!

There are other gods & demigods He created
But only one true GOD! Above all

He said dont worship any other gods befor me right? So there is other gods

People are so brain washed by christianity they think if you believe in GOD the father you automatically have to be a Christian

You really have no clue to who or what GOD is at all

posted on Jan, 8 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

originally posted by: DustybudzZ

Bottom line, believe in whatever you want to believe in, but don't push your beliefs onto others as being the only true belief. How do you know that you're right? Not believe that you're right, or feel that you're right, or have faith that you're right. How do you KNOW? And even if you do know, it's not your right to push beliefs onto others. Let others believe whatever they want.
Just remember: You could be wrong. We all could be wrong.

Because someone came and conquered death and invited others to follow along with him. His philosophy entirely matches the truths I have come to realize about this world and my self.

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Murgatroid

Gods that are omnipotent yet demand our attendance and admiration not to mention our monies?

This is a juvenile interpretation. Since God is the utmost ideal and perfection, by seeking him we too become our utmost ideal and perfect self. To ignore God is to ignore God's plan... which would be dumb because God's plan is far better than anything we could contrive from our limited perspective.

Again, you are welcome to BELIEVE whatever you want. My argument is, you can't technically KNOW that happened.

It's awesome that his philosophy matches yours. But it doesn't match mine, so I'm not going to follow it. And you (or any other Christian) don't have the right to try to force that philosophy onto me. Just saying. I'm not forcing my beliefs onto you or anyone else, and I expect the same courtesy from you.

God is not the utmost ideal and perfection, to me. If he is to you, great. But I disagree with a lot of things god has supposedly said and done, so I choose to not follow the Christian path, as I don't want to worship something that has done so many things that go against what I feel to be important.

It isn't dumb to ignore god and god's plan. It's just a different path than the one you've chosen. Let people make their own choices, don't tell them they're dumb because they don't believe what you believe. That, by definition, is persecution. Something I'm pretty sure Jesus said isn't a good thing to do.

What if I said I'm not a Christian but i believe in GOD and Jesus?

You dont have to be a Christian to believe in GOD just saying

Let me ask you this if you seen on the news tomorrow that scientists have proven that GOD DOSE exists and GOD was a scientific fact now "hypothetically"

Would you believe then?

Or do you believe? But are just mad at GOD? Because you refer to him like you believe he exists

For starters, I refer to him like he exists because I get a better discussion from believers if I do that. If I just repeat over and over that I don't believe he exists, the conversation goes nowhere.

You're right, you definitely don't have to be a Christian to believe in god. My point still applies though. I'll reword it, since it apparently wasn't clear: You (or any person who believes in a god, whether Christian or not) don't have the right to try to force your philosophy onto me. In other words: believe whatever you want to believe, but let everyone else do the same.

It would depend on what the scientist's proof was, but for the sake of the hypothetical situation, if it was true, observable, scientific proof, then yes, I definitely would believe there was a god. That doesn't mean I would worship it or view it as holy though. Hypothetically, I'd assume if a scientist proved beyond all doubt that Odin was real, you wouldn't worship him, because you believe in your own god. Same idea for me, even if god exists, it doesn't mean I'm going to bow and worship it.

I'm definitely not mad at god. You can't be mad at something you don't believe exists. Even if it were possible to be mad at something that doesn't exist, god holds no power in my mind so it would be illogical to be mad at it.

Well seeing as your first comment was about my last.
and with the defensive dialogue
I would say that was one one that got to you the most

I won't comment much,
I'm just trying to help thats all.
I'm not one to force because.
I let GOD handle that.

But it's pretty sad so many people have to see man's so called "scientific proof" to believe in GOD when (scientific fact) changes all the time
seeing is not believing

And all you have to do is look around you

Have a beautiful day

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

There are other gods & demigods He created
But only one true GOD! Above all

How do you know that without taking the bible into account?

Without the bible you wouldn't know that...

People are so brain washed by christianity they think if you believe in GOD the father you automatically have to be a Christian

You can also be a Jew and a Muslim as they share the same god with christianity...

You really have no clue to who or what GOD is at all

And who has then ? ANd if no one has a clue how can you be so sure about his existence?

But it's pretty sad so many people have to see man's so called "scientific proof" to believe in GOD when (scientific fact) changes all the time
seeing is not believing

And all you have to do is look around you

People asking for prood isn't sad what is sad is people believeing lies without asking for proof...
Only a lie needs faith , Truth only needs proof...
Scientific facts aren't changing at all, where did you see that?
I do look around me and all I see is the wonderful devine nature and cosmos, no sing of YHWH or the flat Earth he claim to have created....

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

Faith requires a blind leap.

Truth and science require repeatable results.

Scientific facts and information change all the time as we are able to refine said results via experimentation which allows us to glean new and more accurate meaningful data.

edit on 9-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
these are two completely different issues you know. We could have been created and yet the Bible could still be false.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join