It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is True

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
So essentially the all powerful, all knowing, all seeing God does not know why these things are allowed to happens?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Everyone is an atheist, no matter their religiousness or non-religiousness. If a Christian discounts Allah as a non-god entity, that is the definition of atheism (disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of god or gods). A person who disbelieves in the existence of god in any form simply goes one god farther.

Believe what you wish--or not. But to look downward on others who refuse to accept your own belief system is arrogance at its finest.

Please keep your judgment inside your church. We'll all be better off for it.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
Everyone is an atheist, no matter their religiousness or non-religiousness. If a Christian discounts Allah as a non-god entity, that is the definition of atheism (disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of god or gods). A person who disbelieves in the existence of god in any form simply goes one god farther.

Believe what you wish--or not. But to look downward on others who refuse to accept your own belief system is arrogance at its finest.

Please keep your judgement inside your church. We'll all be better off for it.

Seems you made your judgement clear with 'keep your judgement inside your church'.
Not mosque. Not synagogue. Not temple. Church.
I think there is within you a built in subconscious despising of 'church' belief system above all others.
However, I accept your right to do so and opinion to conceive that. Otherwise that would be arrogance at its finest on my part.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucius Driftwood

What i imagine TheTruthRocks alludes to is simply keep your religious practices within the confines of there own house of worship.

That way no harm no foul, religious sorts can believe what they wish, in all its many different guises and forms, they will be less inclined to fight nor argue with one another over nonsensical mumbo-jumbo because their views will be private and something they keep to themselves.

And the rest of the Human race can work on unhindered by the mad bastards trying to hold off scientific and technological progress for the last 2000 odd years.

edit on 10-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
youtu.be...

No doubt our existence was created. Not a product of evolution. It's weird to me that this is a subject of debate.
Everything is too perfect. And unexplainable.
I will never take someone seriously if they say God doesn't exist.
I'm aware that's a harsh statement. But it's true.
You're an idiot if you don't accept this because all of you know its true. You chose to ignore it because it's hard.
But we all will die. And will have to give account of our lives. No excuses in front of the Creator.
And that's it. Live to give praise to the creator and his children.

Please tell me this is satire. People are idiots, just because they don't blindly follow the same religious belief system as you? Maybe if you didn't insult and disparage people who use scrutiny, logic and evidence to understand things over blind faith, you might get some where. Anecdotes are not valid arguments, sorry. If you wish to say the bible is true or that god is real, you need evidence, not just banter and insults. Indoctrination is a mofo, it literally makes people abandon all logic and reason.

edit on 1 10 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
Then we have the Satanists. They're also based on Judo/Christianity, their religion is based upon THE Bible. They just added a book of their own that declares THE Bible as fake news, and God was really the bad guy.
(When did the Devil flood the planet and smite mankind again? I forget.)

That's not true. Satanists don't worship the devil or have beliefs about the bible or god being evil, they worship themselves. It's about indulgence. Satan is a metaphor, not a being of worship. I agree with all the other stuff in your post, though.
edit on 1 10 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucius Driftwood

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks

Please keep your judgement inside your church. We'll all be better off for it.

Seems you made your judgement clear with 'keep your judgement inside your church'.
Not mosque. Not synagogue. Not temple. Church.
I think there is within you a built in subconscious despising of 'church' belief system above all others.
However, I accept your right to do so and opinion to conceive that. Otherwise that would be arrogance at its finest on my part.

The thread literally says, "the bible is true" so it's not outrageous for somebody to mention the church, plus it's the most common religion in English speaking countries so we see it A LOT. These religious apologists are all over the place with their logically flawed and sometimes blatantly dishonest claims.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Which what? Do you want all the books I consider divine? I read the King James version because it's the closest that Hebrew can be converted to English

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Again, we still have the original texts. To say that this religion is the decree of some king is ridiculous. Read the original texts!

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
We all have a soul. I believe mine was created. I also believe Jesus took the crap of humanity on his shoulders for us. Now we can walk right into heaven if we only accept it. That's what I believe. I believe it's all real. The cosmic war is bigger than us. But we can all overcome it.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula
You are kidding right? This dating system was invented by christians! IT was devised in 525 AD by Dionysius Exiguus of Scythia Minor, but was not widely used until after 800 AD!
If you think Jesus existed because of what the theocracy of christians decided to do 500 years after the time he supposedly lived, you live in the christian fairytale!
But it's not your fault, that's what the christian propaganda has done to our societies...

The countless martyrs in the 1st century AD demonstrate that there was undoubtedly a historical figure known as Jesus. Sure you can refuse to believe the miracles he did to demonstrate his authority as the first child of God, but you cannot deny his historicity. People during the same years as his being on earth would not have died for a fictional non-existent person. Your hyperbole shows you're another iconoclast, not purposed on truth, but bitter because your CCD or early religious teachers were incapable of articulating the truths of our being at a young age. Do not let them strip you of the potential to learn on your own though... instead analyze without bias the words we are left with from Jesus that demonstrate the liberating philosophy that few care to consider.

originally posted by: cooperton
Jesus said nothing new, it was all Greek philosophy

In Plato's cave allegory he predicts the coming of liberating philsopher. He paints an allegory of a dark world that adores illusion, and when true light comes to the cave, they persecute him to the point of killing him because it is contradictory to the ways of darkness. If you can articulate a greater truth than what is exposed in the Christian philosophy i would love to hear it, because God is certainly the greatest of all ideals... so if you have better news than the good news, then that must be closer to truth. But if your truth is a mortgage, debt slavery, and struggling to survive in Babylonian slavery I have to object and say you are missing the mark.
edit on 10-1-2019 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2019 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Archivalist

Again, we still have the original texts. To say that this religion is the decree of some king is ridiculous. Read the original texts!

There are NO original texts...

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

"We all have a soul. I believe mine was created."

Quite possibly some form of essence or shared group consciousness is at play, but who would have created us or why?

"I also believe Jesus took the crap of humanity on his shoulders for us."

They must be some pretty big shoulders.

What about the multitude of countless millions of alleged sin that have been committed since his time, or the ones carried out in his very name, does he take the derry for those also?

"Now we can walk right into heaven if we only accept it."

Can we do as we please when we get there or will there be some form of code or etiquette to stick to? Because one Mans heaven could quite possibly be another Mans hell.

"That's what I believe. I believe it's all real."

That's your prerogative i suppose, do you ever question your beliefs, or have any real proof to support such?

"The cosmic war is bigger than us. But we can all overcome it."

How so?

Considering, if there is some form of grand cosmic conflict playing out amongst the stars, then humanity does not even seem to constitute a pawn on the board. Nevermind being able to take part in any kind of meaningful manner as far as I can determine.
edit on 10-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

Which what? Do you want all the books I consider divine? I read the King James version because it's the closest that Hebrew can be converted to English

That is not even close to true.

churchandstate.org.uk...

manifoldgreatness.wordpress.com...
edit on 1 11 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The countless martyrs in the 1st century AD demonstrate that there was undoubtedly a historical figure known as Jesus.

First, there are martyrs from ALL faiths and worldviews, plus most of the martyrs for Christianity can't even be verified to exist, you have to rely on old texts telling the truth.

Sure you can refuse to believe the miracles he did to demonstrate his authority as the first child of God, but you cannot deny his historicity.

According to what? There is no evidence that Jesus is a historical figure. That's like saying Zeus or Mohammed is a historical figure. Religious texts aren't history books.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
"What i imagine TheTruthRocks alludes to is simply keep your religious practices within the confines of [your] own house of worship."

That is precisely what I meant. I apologize for making my point in an imprecise manner.

When a parent tells a five year old, "because I say so," that is the voice of authority. But when an adult tells another adult "because I say so" in reference to the tenets of their belief system--well, that is a hollow ethos based purely on blind faith.

There is nothing at all wrong with having faith, and everyone is free to exercise their own right to do so. I encourage it!

However, telling others your religious faith trumps theirs is pure arrogance. It's Dana Carvey's Church Lady doing the Superior Strut.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

We all have a soul. I believe mine was created. I also believe Jesus took the crap of humanity on his shoulders for us. Now we can walk right into heaven if we only accept it. That's what I believe. I believe it's all real. The cosmic war is bigger than us. But we can all overcome it.

You're welcome to believe all of that. We're welcome to disagree with your beliefs. That doesn't make other people idiots, we just hold different beliefs.

Also, in case it hadn't been pointed out yet: Beliefs aren't facts.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

The countless martyrs in the 1st century AD demonstrate that there was undoubtedly a historical figure known as Jesus. Sure you can refuse to believe the miracles he did to demonstrate his authority as the first child of God, but you cannot deny his historicity. People during the same years as his being on earth would not have died for a fictional non-existent person. Your hyperbole shows you're another iconoclast, not purposed on truth, but bitter because your CCD or early religious teachers were incapable of articulating the truths of our being at a young age. Do not let them strip you of the potential to learn on your own though... instead analyze without bias the words we are left with from Jesus that demonstrate the liberating philosophy that few care to consider.

Countless martyrs? 1st century? What a bunch of ridiculous lies! The christian percecutions lasted roughly 12years all together! One in 250Ad that lasted 2.5 years and one in 303ad that lasted 9 years!
Church was hyperbolic making things much more dramatic than they actually where!
Talking about a ridiculous number of martyrs while most of them outside the percecutions where merely criminals that deserved a punishment!
They wrote their fake history as the wanted!
But they never mention the violent persecutions of Pagans, heretics and Jews that lasted for many many centuries and where the worst times humanity ever had, percecuting among others science freedom, free thinking, education and logic!

I can deny his historicity, but point is that you can't prove it....

Iconoclasts where also christians so how I am one? They were accusing those christians worshiping Icons made of wood of Christ Saints etc, as idol worshipers, and they were right since clearly your god says do not worship idols!

How you dare say I am not ''purposed on truth'' just because I refuse to believe same lies?

Lastly Jesus left no words!!! All we have are some gospels from anonymous writers claiming to have being copies of copies of copies what the supposed Apostles originally wrote who supposedly were the followers of a supposed Jewish messiah who they claim was called Jeshuah!!! (Jesus is Jeshuah translated in Greek and not his original name)

There is too much assumtion going on to say that this supposed Christ (also a greek epithet) left some words he said to us!

In Plato's cave allegory he predicts the coming of liberating philsopher. He paints an allegory of a dark world that adores illusion, and when true light comes to the cave, they persecute him to the point of killing him because it is contradictory to the ways of darkness. If you can articulate a greater truth than what is exposed in the Christian philosophy i would love to hear it, because God is certainly the greatest of all ideals... so if you have better news than the good news, then that must be closer to truth. But if your truth is a mortgage, debt slavery, and struggling to survive in Babylonian slavery I have to object and say you are missing the mark.

Plato used myths to teach values virtues and philosophical truths! many centuries before christ supposedly copied him using his parables!
I know this cave myth very well but you should put yourself to the ones living in their cave (blind belief of christianity) ignoring attacking and persecuting others who tell them about the true world that exists outside their dogma!

There is no christian philosophy only christian dogma.
Philosophy really means friend of wisdom (literally) but christianity banned philosophical schools and persecuted philosophers saying there is no greater wisdom to be found than that of their god!
So you do not seek wisdom starting from scratch which is the essence of philosophy , you already have a given truth (Bible) and you try to fit everything in it! So I just proved you that christianity is not a philosophy.
But it did ''steal'' Aristotle's and Plato's concepts of morality, which were already popular in the Hellenistic schools that those that wrote the gospels obviously had study to....
Mind you that the gospels are written in perfect Greek language! There are no Aramaic copies anywhere to be found.So how could the uneducated supposed apostles write in perfect Greek? And how did they already knew about popular Greek writers? Which is obvious to a scholar studding the way the gospels where written!

Lastly the only one provoking Slavery among humans is your god and christ, Babylonian wasn't that bad, all the slander and defamation Jews have written in their bible for them is obviously them being bitter and buthurt because they were their enemies.

You can call it Great truth only talking to someone who hasn't read the bible
What you call as great truth is just immorality, unethicality, violence, barbarism, incest, slaughters, intolerance, bigotry, provoking killing and violence, misogyny, ignorance, illogical supernatural claims, superstitious and every other negative attribute that is the bible, And yes there are much much much better Truths than this abomination!

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

edit on 11-1-2019 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

edit on 11-1-2019 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join