It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is True

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I started chemo today.

If your god apparently designed things intelligently, then he or she is an absolutely awful engineer, or a sadist.

"god sends us challenges to test us." Why? No, really, why? Is he/she that insecure that this constant begging, scraping, and suffering is needed?

Absolutely not worthy of my praise. As Stephen Fry said - bone cancer in children? How dare you.

And anyone who can defend the sheer amount of horrors and sadness in the world should be ashamed of themselves.

Life is good. But it's what you make it. And if there is a god, I'm not going to beg, scrape, and blindly follow because I've been threatened with eternal damnation for sins I was apparently born with because god designed Adam and Eve with the ability to break the rules, then punished them and everyone else when they did.

It blows my mind that so many people still eat this up, like all the North Koreans clapping and crying at the Dear Leader while they suffer and live in fear.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Good Luck mate.

Get well soon.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

Which god exists? All of them, or just the one you chose to follow? How do you know the god you chose is the real god?

There were many gods around before the first mention of the jewish god even happened. Go to India and there are still many gods around.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson

"What has been will be again,
What has been done will be done again;
There is nothing new under the Sun."

If that does not apply to Gods, as well as Man, i imagine Godhood to be rather lonely.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thank you buddy, I'm in a strong position - it is what it is!

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Did you know dolphins and octopuses are smarter than us? Their brains show it.

You know what they did? They just lived the life that was given to them and did not try to create something different.

Because it was perfect.

We don't belong here, so we try to change it. Do we really need electricity and cars and jobs to live?

No.

We can survive just fine without all that.

So, explain to me how a creator made it all perfect for us.

All of what you mentioned is a result of our self will.

God created the perfect environment and the potential for a perfect life but through our self will we ruined everything.

self will run riot.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
a reply to: Groot

Saying animals are smarter than humans is the dumbest thing humans could say. You apparently don't observe reality.

I find it easily believable that dolphins are smarter than humans. There is evidence supporting such.

look at their lives compared to ours. They seem perfectly happy and content, unlike people.

They have something figured out better than we do.
edit on 7-1-2019 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

At least you understand it's our fault and not ""Gods"" fault. LoL

As to our self will well that's debatable.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Just not opposable thumbs or fire eh?

Without those, you can't do much nor learn anything really, certainly not about tools nor science, nor be able to store and refine information in the manner that we do.
edit on 7-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: Toolman18

None in their right mind, including God would ever claim humanity is too perfect. That's got to be a joke. I am a skeptic when it comes to alien flying saucers visiting earth, but I would be the biggest fool on the planet if i believed God looked down at this mess and said job well done, i will just stop here.

Why is it so hard to believe that God used science to continue to polish this **** hole, whether ir be evolution in the hope that somehow we would actually develop into something useful or some other God inspired trick ? Sanctimonious dribble that declares anything whether it be proof of the bible or alien life is just that, dribble from the mouth

We dont have to be perfect to prove the bible is true and God is real. It is in our very nature to f-ck up since we were designed with free will.

It is a test.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

If God made us mate chances are he/she/it/they are far from perfect themselves.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
youtu.be...

No doubt our existence was created. Not a product of evolution. It's weird to me that this is a subject of debate.
Everything is too perfect. And unexplainable.
I will never take someone seriously if they say God doesn't exist.
I'm aware that's a harsh statement. But it's true.
You're an idiot if you don't accept this because all of you know its true. You chose to ignore it because it's hard.
But we all will die. And will have to give account of our lives. No excuses in front of the Creator.
And that's it. Live to give praise to the creator and his children.

Ok, let's say you are right, and evolution is not true. How does that mean the bible is true? Do you know how many religons there are? What makes your religon the true one? Also, if evolution is not true, what makes you think God was responsible?

Leaving out evolution, what makes more sense. A magical God, or another alien race putting us here. Don't you think if we get advanced enough, we will do the same thing on another planet? We are already creating life on this planet.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Well, 6 or 7 thousand-year-old Earths are just silly to consider really given the distinct archaeological evidence that even Man predates that period, possibly by as much as a few million years.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

At least you understand it's our fault and not ""Gods"" fault. LoL

As to our self will well that's debatable.

What do you mean by our self will being debatable?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

If God made us mate chances are he/she/it/they are far from perfect themselves.

Good point. I still believe God created us but im not so sure if God is perfect. God of the old testament definitely was not.

I'm honestly not sure if the Bible is perfectly true either. I just believe in God.

A good argument for the OP would be whether or not the old testament is 100% true.

If so than God is crazy.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Well, 6 or 7 thousand-year-old Earths are just silly to consider really given the distinct archaeological evidence that even Man predates that period, possibly by as much as a few million years.

Yes, we know that pretty much

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Well, free will is illusory or at least significantly misunderstood as neuroscientific experimentation over the past few decades has indicated.

No free will in the way we imagine may indicate a measure of predestination at play.

God cant have a plan and stick to it, where we are concerned, and then through a spanner in the works by bestowing free will in his most beloved creation. Cause and effect don't work that way in our universe, then as above so below and all that Jazz.

At least the Abrahamic version of the dude anyways imho.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

And yet some of us refuse to accept the factual evidence.

Then again some of us believe the Earth is flat.

Thing is where religion is concerned, people that belief will defend the notion to there dying breath despite the evidence to the contrary.

All things considered, i imagine it bestows enormous peace of mind for some.

Hedge your bets i say, believe in something because if you are wrong then who is going to know? And if correct then who knows what really out there?
edit on 7-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Seriously, the 6000-7000 year old earth is strictly a human man misperception of what the bible says. Obviously, if there is any truths within the bible, man's misinterpretations have corrupted its evidentiary value at this time. So I do agree on it being silly...I still am amazed at other snippets seen with a more scientific approach recognizes the connections evolutionarily. Even new science on how life evolved billion years ago out of simple mineral and vitamins...created humans points to the simplistic statement of the creator using mud or dirt of earth to create life.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Who wrote it down?

Lots of different ""People""

It's all strictly a human man misperception of what he chooses to suppose God wants and does, and generally for our own ends, not Gods.

Which speaks volumes really, quite literally.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join