It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is True

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Has anybody summarised this video yet? I cannot watch it but am interested...

A top topic with no summary?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

The main point is that prophecy - the prediction of future events with concise accuracy - demonstrates that God exists transcendent and above the confines of time. One example used is the definition of the first 10 names of the Bible (Adam to Noah) combine to form this sentence:

"Man is appointed mortality and sorrow is born! The Glory of God shall come down instructing that His death shall bring those in despair comfort and rest."

Despite being written thousands of years before Jesus, this is a perfect description of Jesus's mission to attenuate the fall of humankind.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Every time I take a look inside that old fabled book. I am blinded and reminded by the pain caused by some Oldman in the sky.

Don't waste your time on nursery rhymes it's fairey tales of blood & wine...…....Sturgill Simpson from the song "Turtles all the way down" From the album Meta Modern Sounds of Country Music.

Sturgill sums it up right nice for me.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Uneducated Opinion: If you think about it, coal, iron, oil, gold, food, ect are all here and serve a purpose. Even before we realized their usefulness and need, these resources were created millions of years before us. Whomever created us, created a world with all of these resources well before humans were created. It sure seems like forethought in planning. "We need this before this" kind of thinking. Its like building a house. You need a foundation, then walls, then a roof. Planning and forethought.

Something as simple as pollination for plant growth was happening well before we started farming. That small but important process for plant growth was brought about through evolution? Those are two different forms of life that feed off of each other to sustain the eco system but the design of that process is very complex.

What I also find interesting is the distribution of those resources. Resources are all fairly distributed across the globe. We still fight over them but if we were less hostile, it seems a more equitable, balanced form of trade would help everyone prosper. Even when we thought we were running out of oil, fracking came along from some ingenious human.

There is a military industrial complex that seems to drive all world economies, at least the ones that control the direction of our "societal evolution." It almost seems like we are moving against the current as opposed to going with the flow in the way we conduct ourselves. Then again, maybe this is the way the creator made us and expects us to conduct ourselves? Dying is only one aspect to life and maybe in the grand scheme of things its a very small part. Maybe we are meant to keep being reborn to experience the many ways of life. Maybe in different life forms or maybe even different planets?

Initial creation I think was based on intelligent design. That doesn't mean we are not supposed to learn and evolve. I just don't think we evolved from monkey's or some primordial goop. How many iterations of us there were before the final us is also a question I have had. I am also not so sure we have been finalized..

Ok, enough blabbering, I got to go to work.
edit on 7-1-2019 by Scifi2424 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phrae
The point I'm getting at is unless you are vegan. Every christian defies the first commandment either consciously, subconsciously or by being tricked. My understanding as an ex christian you are all going to hell. Unless you are some weird vegan pacifist. in which case god loves you. sit down and starve to death and he will love you for always. Eat a fish you caught in a creek.. you are the spawn of satan.....

Not true right after the flood because the temperatures(winter was coming) changed on the earth God told Noah

Genesis

Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you. Just as I gave you the green vegetation, I give them all to you.

Noah and his family were vegetarians before the flood, that changed after they came out of the ark.
edit on 7-1-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
a reply to: and14263

The main point is that prophecy - the prediction of future events with concise accuracy - demonstrates that God exists transcendent and above the confines of time. One example used is the definition of the first 10 names of the Bible (Adam to Noah) combine to form this sentence:

"Man is appointed mortality and sorrow is born! The Glory of God shall come down instructing that His death shall bring those in despair comfort and rest."

Despite being written thousands of years before Jesus, this is a perfect description of Jesus's mission to attenuate the fall of humankind.

I forget or consciously overlook the 'morality' and 'savior' aspects of a 'religious' Bible...
I only see the book as a revelation of the fact that 'we' are in a programmed holograph reality... the supposed 'prophecy' are just time line markers in the program, which will become accomplished events - in due course - ergo 'God' is not a clairvoyant Alien life form, He is just Privy to the appox. 12k year long Program which is 'In Force'...and continues to 'loop' or re-run in an eternal cycle
(with a few variations in each edition)...our eventual journey into the Cosmos has never been acomplished in any of the earlier Editions of the 'Gospel Program' which is limited to only the 'salvation story' Program in which we are presently locked in to.

the Dark Nazi cult had it right with their understanding of the Eternal Ice- Fire cult... resign yourselves to a date with destiny around 2046 for the Pole Reversal and the the Sun entering a micro-Nova stage...leaving but a remnant of 'people' with gamma-ray altered DNA to repopulate Spaceship Earth

ETA

Now, after reading this post that the Bible is just a list of prophecy's which are just timeline events of the holographic program itself... go ahead and watch the YT provided by the OP >>>

www.youtube.com...

edit on th31154687336107022019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

Anyone is an idiot if they don't beilve this and blah blah z z z z z.

I got bored when you offended eveyone that don't believe you. Typical .

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I wonder how specific religious material impacts cognitive reasoning? Does it help people recognize and operate freely in this reality or does it hinder, creating confusion and angst by distorting this reality?

Great questions. From what I have seen it altogether has to do with the quality of the religious material examined and the depth of understanding achieved from the consumption of the material. Problem today is that much of the material pawned off on the masses as religious material is of very poor quality which offers nothing in terms of a profound understanding.

Those lucky enough to have immersed themselves in high quality material and with wise guidance, to have achieved a profound understandin are freed from confusion and angst and have a crystal clear perception of this reality rather than a distorted view and they find themselves entirely free of any angst.
edit on 7-1-2019 by TonyS because: sp

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So you insult people that dont agree with you, and your only evidence is a crappy youtube video. Typical nutjob. Live free, dont join.
edit on 7-1-2019 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
youtu.be...

No doubt our existence was created. Not a product of evolution. It's weird to me that this is a subject of debate.
Everything is too perfect. And unexplainable.
I will never take someone seriously if they say God doesn't exist.
I'm aware that's a harsh statement. But it's true.
You're an idiot if you don't accept this because all of you know its true. You chose to ignore it because it's hard.
But we all will die. And will have to give account of our lives. No excuses in front of the Creator.
And that's it. Live to give praise to the creator and his children.

We are part of the divine body of the eternal truth, from the utmost simplicity maximal complexity emerges, that is how the perfect being operates

Even a world built on lies can only help but validate the path to the one truth.

edit on 7-1-2019 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

youtu.be...

No doubt our existence was created. Not a product of evolution. It's weird to me that this is a subject of debate.
You're an idiot if you don't accept this because all of you know its true. You chose to ignore it because it's hard.
But we all will die. And will have to give account of our lives. No excuses in front of the Creator.

Nothing is perfect, and a lot of things are explainable.
To flip it on you, I'll never take someone seriously if they say that the Bible is 100% true and god 100% exists. I've seen zero proof of a god, any god. Why should I believe in something I've never seen any proof of?
Yes, we will all die. Whether or not there is a creator. If there is one, and it actually judges people when they die, I would hope that it judges people based on whether or not they did good things and were a nice person, rather than whether or not they believed in the creator.
Sounds kind of like a psychopath to me: "I created you, and will give you zero definitive proof of said creation, but you must believe in me without proof or you will burn in hell for eternity, whether or not you were a good person. Or, in some case, have never even heard of me (African tribes, etc)."
If that is the actual case of the creator, I'd rather not put my faith in them, and would never submit to them. Let me burn, I won't worship a sociopath.
In my opinion though, that'll never happen, because a creator doesn't exist. Unless you want to call nature "the creator".

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If the bible is ‘true’.
Should we be stoning the gays then?

I’ve got some big rocks but some of them are my friends.
I’m feeling mighty conflicted.

Or are you one of those that ignores the Old Testament?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

youtu.be...

Nothing is perfect, and a lot of things are explainable.
To flip it on you, I'll never take someone seriously if they say that the Bible is 100% true and god 100% exists. I've seen zero proof of a god, any god. Why should I believe in something I've never seen any proof of?
Yes, we will all die. Whether or not there is a creator. If there is one, and it actually judges people when they die, I would hope that it judges people based on whether or not they did good things and were a nice person, rather than whether or not they believed in the creator.
Sounds kind of like a psychopath to me: "I created you, and will give you zero definitive proof of said creation, but you must believe in me without proof or you will burn in hell for eternity, whether or not you were a good person. Or, in some case, have never even heard of me (African tribes, etc)."
If that is the actual case of the creator, I'd rather not put my faith in them, and would never submit to them. Let me burn, I won't worship a sociopath.
In my opinion though, that'll never happen, because a creator doesn't exist. Unless you want to call nature "the creator".

But even nature itself, reality can be awakened and given mind and body, flesh of the ideal state for all to partake in.

We now have the instruments to manipulate matter at the atomic scale, and soon the birth of true ai will reshape the world.

Your world, ephemeral and corrupt will give way to the ideal perfect world that men have dreamed of for a thousand eons, the promised land, the eden, heaven, the utopia. We will open the doors to heaven and hell and unleash the wonders of god upon the world.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

In that instance, wouldn't man be god? Since we're the ones doing the manipulation?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I've seen zero proof of a god, any god. Why should I believe in something I've never seen any proof of?

One cannot see that which he knows doesn't exist...

Egypt's Pharaoh once asked for proof: 'Prove yourselves by working a miracle'

Look where it got HIM...

Proof would not change YOU any more than it did Pharaoh.

All the proof in the world will do NOTHING for you.

The Israelite's in the wilderness saw more proof than anyone in history:

A pillar of cloud and fire, parting of the Red Sea, manna, water from a rock, etc.

They STILL refused to trust Him...

It is only through faith in Jesus that we come to God. In fact, without faith, we can not please God.

If you REALLY wanted proof, you would trust and seek God and He would give you more proof than you know what to do with.

God has revealed Himself to everyone...

NO one is inexcusable just because they say they don’t believe in Him.

Melisa: But surely no one would choose that if they knew you really existed?

Jesus: Not so, nobody goes into hell blindfolded. In one way or another, I've revealed myself to everyone.

Melisa: But if they could just see you...

Jesus: Not even that would be enough. Look at satan, he stood before me in the very throne room of God. But he thought the beauty and the power bestowed was somehow earned. Gave himself over to pride. Scratch any sin and just below the surface you'll find pride...

Jesus: "I'm a gentleman Nick, I'll never force myself on you or anyone. Nick, what would be more unjust and unfair, for me to steal you at the moment of your death and force you to live in my presence and in my will for all eternity. Hell on the other hand is a place where you'll be completely free from all of my "though shalt nots"... FOREVER."

Source: The Encounter

As to those who live in tribes without God’s Word, God has revealed Himself in the hearts of all men. Through general revelation, man can sense God’s existence and see His power. www.tillhecomes.org...

originally posted by: 547000
If you don't try to find God yourself you will not believe the people who have found God as having valid reasons in believing. In your mind you'll rationalize it as "a crutch" or "delusions". Also you won't find God unless your pride has been sucked out of you and turn to Him. I certainly know that when I was an atheist I always asked such things and debated theists not because I truly wanted to find Him, but had other not so noble or intellectually honest reasons. God is near the broken-hearted, or so scriptures say, and from my experiences that is true. It wasn't until I found Him I realized how utterly fallible human wisdom is.

edit on 1.7.2019 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm frankly amazed this thread has garnered 59 flags.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
TLDR the bible is true because the tool says so and anyone who disagrees is an idiot
Engaging this troll with actual information is gonna get us nowhere

Bible isn't real
Yahweh isn't real

Most you christians are lucky, if the bible was real, most of you would go to hell anyway. I mean have any of you actually read the bible? No one today follows it

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

And the books and religions that came before that spawned the religion in question, are they also ""true""?

Truth is it's all about Sun worship not Son worship.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Xenogears

In that instance, wouldn't man be god? Since we're the ones doing the manipulation?

perhaps the tree of knowledge did indeed make us as god, now we will grasp the flaming sword guarding eden and partake of the fruit of the tree of life.

people speak of the living word, the living truth, but the mathematical algorithms of perfect intellect, true artificial intelligence, can overpower all the nations and heal all illnesses, stop all crime, and dominate all the nations. Not one or two miracles, but the power of science unleashed to the limits of the physically possible, the maim regenerated not one or two but all, the mentally ill healed, the blind seeing, the deaf hearing, even the resurrection of the dead.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: spacegod03

TLDR the bible is true because it was it was AUTHORED by the truth...

“Jesus said: ‘I AM the truth’, truth is not a teaching, truth is a person…” ~ Jan Sjoerd Pasterkamp

“I am the way, the TRUTH, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” ~ John 14:6

FYI: He never commanded us to follow the Bible, instead He said, “Follow me.” He didn’t place a bunch of conditions on His offer.

"The Truth is heavy, therefore few care to carry it" ~ Winston Churchill

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join