It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is True

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: pheonix358

originally posted by: Plotus
Haters and scoffers take note: Revelation 22:19

16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. 17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. 18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. 20He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. 21The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Fear Me Or Suffer For Eternity

P

Your words are false, because that is not the message. The message is more to the tune of love one another and know where this is coming from. Know who the true source of real mercy is and how to receive it.

But your words are of war. War with your creator and war against yourself.
Everyone alive has within them the choice to change their fate to an
That is good news.

> Allegedly all loving God

> Makes hell.

Yup, sounds like a caring, compassionate guy.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Anyone else watch the video in the OP?

This quote summarizes it pretty well for those who can't watch it.

(OP feel free to copy this into your post and let me know and I will remove it here...)

Basically God authenticates His messages to us by demonstrating that He is outside of time...

"One way to authenticate the message is to demonstrate that its source is from outside of our time domain. God declares, “I alone know the end from the beginning.” His message includes history written in advance.

We are in possession of this collection of 66 books we call The Bible, written by more than 40 authors over several thousands of years, yet we now discover it is an integrated message from outside our time domain. It repeatedly authenticates this uniqueness by describing history before it happens. And this discovery totally shatters our traditional concepts of reality."

A Message from Outside Time

Actually it demonstrates that it is in a different time..not outside of it at all.

Also demonstrates the control and meaninglessness of its own existence.

Knowing the end from the beginning...only inside of time does this matter.

No..if a God existed and Created all of this..it most certainly has changed and no longer can decipher between.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

That's not the argument I was replying to.

Humans are vastly and far more intelligent and have far more mental capacity than any other creature on this planet. Sure Dolphins and Octopuses, might enjoy life or are fit for their environment, but it still doesn't change the fact we are king on earth, and we most aware of the universe we live in.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
a reply to: Krakatoa

Not really. The most ancient documents are in Hebrew and the Septuigint was written 300 years before Christ. Not a mystery at all. We can still read the original texts.

What a crock..almost none has ever been found in Hebrew.

The same stories are found in Babylon ancient Greece..Sumeria..India..

All long before the Hebrew phoenician offshoot of Canaan language was conceived.

Egypt abandoned many of those books a thousand years before someone else took it up again.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

I don't understand how people can't see there's a cultural evolution from Sumeria / Babylon, to Egypt, to Gaza for Judaism.

The old testament is literally just a book of how to survive in the desert for long journeys and life lessons to not let your mind go crazy while trying to integrate into foreign societies. And the new testament is just about a cultural movement in the Roman empire from a hippy named Jesus.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Toolman18
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So a baby that relies on it's ma and pa shouldn't? Because it can learn on it's own? And once it's grown up and independent, it shouldn't give credit to his or hers parents?
Silly

Wait, is this "creator" the creator of everything, or just me, like my parents? My parents didn't have a choice in their biological urges and their outcomes, and neither did I. My parents didn't provide for me because they were feeling generous, they provided for me because that was their job. Family, society, government, schools, churches all require it and judge people based how their children behave and turn out.

If your creator created me hungry and in need of food, I don't consider the fact that nature provides food to sustain my existence generosity, but duty. I shouldn't need to thank the creator for providing food for its creation that requires food to survive.

If this creator created everything, does it require every living thing to give it afterlife feed back and justify its creation and existence, or just humans? Why does this supposed creator need feedback from its creation?

The truth is it wouldn't. The fact the creator of Christian mythology needs this shows it is a creation of human minds.

What a funny threadn...
edit on 6/1/19 by djz3ro because: Beefs made no sense

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

People constantly try to make God a human, why? The, whatever it is, entity named God is not a human person with kidneys and stuff, how can't you even figure that out?
Or not, i know we'll go into dumb territory, it simply goes back to this.. You have no clue what God is but you follow the entire history written by other humans who wrote words in the name of God based on what was more convenient for them at the time

And yes i do believe there is a higher thing out there, but it is ridiculous it would focus so much on this planet and the ridiculous thing like how good one can cook a steak and earn his favor and how other people should be killed if they are not in favor of the children of god. Stupid stuff
.......... learn true spiritualism........
Don't bend down! IT is the first step to reject your true self

Sorry to selectively quote but those are really good points. Why should god resemble a human, with human tendencies and desires? If anything, the books trying to ascribe those human like qualities to a deity of unimaginable power makes them rather suspect.

If I believe there is a creator, why does it have to be an abrahamic one? Even if I do believe in 'god', I am still demonized by the majority of the religious because I don't see it THEIR way. I am still going to hell and burn for eternity. How many religions are out there? Whats the chance I get born into the right one? Now that sounds like a really fair and worthwhile god to worship, the one who relies on pure chance. If they were a benevolent god, they would make themselves known to each generation, like a 30 year cycle where they descend from on high to educate the masses.

and for spirituality, that is what makes the religions so powerful and addictive. They take something everyone of us possess and distort it. Showering it in mystery and riddles, then claims it as its own. Science in its scientific theory and method, where everything is only judged by the material, also helps feed to religion a massive amount of followers.

If we would simply recognize our spirituality and accept it as being part of us just as much as the material, there would be no need for religion. Religions intentionally distort reality for its own selfish gains.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Did you know dolphins and octopuses are smarter than us? Their brains show it.

You know what they did? They just lived the life that was given to them and did not try to create something different.

Because it was perfect.

We don't belong here, so we try to change it. Do we really need electricity and cars and jobs to live?

No.

We can survive just fine without all that.

So, explain to me how a creator made it all perfect for us.

I'm curious what their brains show.

But I'm pretty sure they would change things if they could. And the reason they don't is because they can't.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Toolman18

If every statement in the Bible is true, we as a society are in trouble!

we as a society are in trouble!

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

It certainly seems like the majority of those who think this reality sucks and is constantly headed for end-times are religious. Rather curious.

But I also run across those who are rather content and happy to be alive, living in the moment as much as possible and taking in everything this world has to offer. But still operating within moralist boundaries and showing compassion to their fellow soul travelers. They usually have one thing in common as well, completely different from the first group.

It is almost like the belief system itself, molds and shapes the person. I wonder how specific religious material impacts cognitive reasoning? Does it help people recognize and operate freely in this reality or does it hinder, creating confusion and angst by distorting this reality?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Let your yes be yes, and your no be no,
Live with your choice and blame no one else.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I agree with you 100%.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
As such, I feel that what the Bible says is perfectly valid, true and error free.

So...even as a child, with my limited understanding of the world, I could pick out many glaring inaccuracies and inconsistencies compared to the actual world with the things written in the Bible.

I've read science fiction and fantasy that's more probable and realistic than the Bible.

Also now, there's all those other books of the Bible, ya know the stuff they call apocrypha now that used to be part of the bible, and some of them contradict what the church decided would be the official Bible.

Then I guess there's the fact that just about every story in the Bible was taken and adapted from older mythology. Which already means it's just a distortion of something that came before.

But I guess your definition of 'perfectly valid, true and error free' is totally different than the way the dictionary and I understand it.
edit on 6/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

In high school I was taught that we are an accident. That we come from nothing, we are nothing but a random interaction of chemicals, and we go to nothing. That is the philosophy of evolutionary thought. However in my early 20's I read a book called Darwin on Trial. It opened up for me the counter view that there is scientific evidence that does not fit the evolutionary paradigm. So if matter, the universe, life, did not happen by chance, then it was by design. Then if by design there is a designer. Then God must truly exist. Eventually I became a Christian. I am always grateful to God for reasoning with me through that book. He met me where I was and lead me to where I am today. "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God..." Psalms 14.
edit on 6-1-2019 by DanZek because: Typo

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
As a Christian myself, I find the bible a neat book, but do realize a lot of laws from the old testament were there for common sense purposes. Examples could include; not eating shell fish was forbidden as seafood does not keep well without proper refrigeration, not eating pork was there as it can contribute to body odor and smelly gas, and say circumcision as people didn't bathe everyday back then and was done more for sanitary purposes. Some of the bible was not written in literal terms either but more in a contextual terms. One example of this is where we are told it is easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle than to enter the kingdom of heaven. A lot of people don't realize that the eye of the needle was actually a gate that was used to enter Jerusalem after dark when the main gate was closed. It was not a tall gate and the person with the camel would have to offload their material goods and work hard at getting the camel through this gate. The message and parallel here is that humans can in fact enter the kingdom of heaven, but like getting a camel through the eye of the needle it takes some work and maybe you will have to rid yourself of some of your unnecessary material possessions.

I guess what I find disturbing in today's society is the division between people and the amount of hatred they have towards one another even if it is just based on a difference in political beliefs or socioeconomic standing. One side is not any better than the other as there is just as much hatred towards each other coming from both sides, and it is anything but Christlike.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I am a Christian but don't deny that evolution in nature exists as well. You don't have to look further than bacteria to find evidence of this, as some are able to turn into 'super bugs' and become resistant to antibiotic drugs over time.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JimD350

My Muslim friend have this same take. What my friend told me was, "Allah" is not some guy who footsteps could be heard and felt, walking through the Israelite's camp, instructing soldiers to keep a spatula on their person to bury their poop. That was just smart sanitation and precaution against predators.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: chr0naut
As such, I feel that what the Bible says is perfectly valid, true and error free.

So...even as a child, with my limited understanding of the world, I could pick out many glaring inaccuracies and inconsistencies compared to the actual world with the things written in the Bible.

I've read science fiction and fantasy that's more probable and realistic than the Bible.

Also now, there's all those other books of the Bible, ya know the stuff they call apocrypha now that used to be part of the bible, and some of them contradict what the church decided would be the official Bible.

Then I guess there's the fact that just about every story in the Bible was taken and adapted from older mythology. Which already means it's just a distortion of something that came before.

But I guess your definition of 'perfectly valid, true and error free' is totally different than the way the dictionary and I understand it.

Current science says that the universe expanded out, faster than the speed of light, from a size-less point of nothing. That despite entropy and an absence of mechanism, the universe has actually acquired more information over 13.4 billion years. That all life on Earth is descendant/ascendant from a single proto-RNA molecule (despite there being clear evidence of multiple RNA/DNA encoding schemes and chemistries). That geology shows billions of years of layers of sedimentation and fossilization, but we are to believe that between all those smooth sedimentation layers, volcanic upheaval, tectonic fracturing and erosion were almost absent and only occur now.

That's more plausible?

But aside from that, as I was explaining, the Bible is not a science textbook. It is clearly descriptive of many intangibles and as such it has to use metaphor and allusion in doing so. Things that are intangible do exist (think of mathematics).

It is normal cognitive growth when small children progress beyond seeing the world as purely concrete and begin to understand the nuanced and conceptual.

edit on 6/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

missler was a cockwomble [ grade 2 ] - end of

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

missler was a cockwomble [ grade 2 ] - end of

Your user name does not particularly inspire us to have confidence in your opinion.

LOL

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join