It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is True

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If you need a 2000 year old book written by cavemen to find the meaning of life you have to be simple minded.

Because we're part of some great cosmic scheme in the universe by some invisible creator sure right.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
If you need a 2000 year old book written by cavemen to find the meaning of life you have to be simple minded.

Because we're part of some great cosmic scheme in the universe by some invisible creator sure right.

Do you always criticize books that you've never read?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Do you always criticize books that you've never read?
No but I've read enough of the bible to form my own opinions. I deal in absolutes not fairy tails.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

No but I've read enough of the bible to form my own opinions. I deal in absolutes not fairy tails.

Your comment about them being cavemen makes me think you didn't really give it a fair chance. Besides Lot, they never lived in caves. They were nomadic herdsmen eating fresh organic food having no job but to care for their livestock and love each other.

Your blind mockery of other cultures makes me think you are far from the meaning of life
edit on 6-1-2019 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Your comment about them being cavemen makes me think you didn't really give it a fair chance. Besides Lot, they never lived in caves. They were nomadic herdsmen eating fresh organic food having no job but to care for their livestock and love each other.

Your blind mockery of other cultures makes me think you are far from the meaning of life
Noah is a fairy tail Adam and Eve are a fairy tail. Yeah I know how to live off the land too. Organic? have you ever butchered your own food?

I know there is more to the universe then what a 2000 year old book can tell me. You'd have to be a fool to think the universe was created just for man.

500 years ago mankind thought the earth was flat. Galileo discovered the earth revolved around the sun. The Catholic church put him on trial for heresy. Instead of executing him they put him house arrest for the rest of his life.

The bible was written 1500 years prior to Galileo's discovery. Mankind has come a long way in 500 years since Galileo's discovery. We've learned to harness the power of the sun. Ever heard of Einstein's theory of relativity?

The universe is a big place and it's far from empty. To think it was created just for us is stupid.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Noah is a fairy tail

Other cultures recount the same story, because it is a historical occurence: The Chinese, The Incas, The Sumerians, The Greeks, The Hindus, etc, etc, etc all talked about the massive flood that almost destroyed all life on earth.

I know there is more to the universe then what a 2000 year old book can tell me.

The Book for me acted as a reaffirmation to the musings that arose in my heart and my mind. Without it, I would perhaps doubt what I came to know on my own.

You'd have to be a fool to think the universe was created just for man. Ever heard of Einstein's theory of relativity? The universe is a big place and it's far from empty. To think it was created just for us is stupid.

An interesting phenomenon with the observable aspect of the big bang was that it occurred literally everywhere at once. It was not in some distant point in the universe, but rather an expansion from every point of the universe at the same time. Therefore the center of the universe is in your heart, just as much as it is some distant point in dark space. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum physics also posits that we as the conscious observers are integral to the very working of the universe.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Just keep an eye out for sharks and you're good.

Due to their speed of both body and mind, a healthy adult dolphin has absolutely nothing to fear from any shark........

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I deal in absolutes...

Seems rather ironic but, so does your maker...

“I am the Lord, I do not change” ~ Malachi 3:6

The reason seems a bit obvious though:

God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness” ~ Genesis 1:26

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Noah is a fairy tail Adam and Eve are a fairy tail.

Let me guess, you heard it on CNN?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

The thing I find hard to believe is how some will go through their ENTIRE lives being completely and totally brainwashed into believing absolute LIES when the evidence for the truth is so blatantly obvious that only someone who is totally paralyzed from the neck up could possibly miss it.

A simple search of ATS:

originally posted by: Sun Matrix
It's hard to find a culture without a flood story........Noah is the real deal.

originally posted by: CherubBaby
Native global flood stories are documented as history or legend in almost every region on earth. Old world missionaries reported their amazement at finding remote tribes already possessing legends with tremendous similarities to the Bible's accounts of the worldwide flood. H.S. Bellamy in Moons, Myths and Men estimates that altogether there are over 500 Flood legends worldwide. Ancient civilizations such as (China, Babylonia, Wales, Russia, India, America, Hawaii, Scandinavia, Sumatra, Peru, and Polynesia) all have their own versions of a giant flood.

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
Flood myths are almost universal, and the one of the Miao people in China has preserved the names of all the patriarchs of Genesis PHONETICALLY for all those centuries. Yes, they got the names of Noah, his wife, and his sons all correct, sounding more than merely recognizable. I can't buy the local flood theories - I mean there were and are local floods, but the big one is preserved in the entire sedimentary layers around the world. You can interpret them as laid down during millions of years if you want, but I think rapid deposition is at least a valid an interpretation.

"And the odds become even longer that Noah's Flood is not an historical fact when one considers the hundreds of tribes from around the world that have ancestral knowledge of the global Flood. And yet, we are expected to ignore this overwhelming evidence because it contradicts current mainstream science and archaeology.

Hundreds of tribal legends and ancient accounts from Egypt, Babylon, and the Indus confirm the account of Noah's Flood from the book of Genesis. These tribes and ancient cultures obviously had no interest in copying a Hebrew account about a global Flood, therefore, all of these accounts must have been independently derived by the various people-groups' ancestors from the eight who were on the vessel that endured the global Flood. When the eight reproduced and spread out across the Middle East, and soon thereafter, much of the world (as some were demonstrably excellent mariners), the memory of the worldwide Flood was retained, and to a not-surprisingly great degree."

The Ancients Knew of the Global Flood

What is the significance of the various flood legends? The answer seems obvious: (a) we have well over 200 flood legends that tell of a great flood (and possibly more than 500); (b) many of the legends come from different ages and civilizations that could not possibly have copied any of the similar legends; (c) the legends were recorded long before any missionaries arrived to relate to them the Genesis account of Noah; and (d) almost all civilizations have some sort of flood legend. The conclusion to be drawn from such facts is that in the distant past, there was a colossal flood that forever affected the history of all civilizations.

Preserved in the myths and legends of almost every people on the face of the globe is the memory of the great catastrophe. While myths may not have any scientific value, yet they are significant in indicating the fact that an impression was left in the minds of the races of mankind that could not be erased.

Legends of the Flood

edit on 1.6.2019 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Toolman18

Perfect you say?

Wisdom teeth.

Quite clearly we ain't perfect.

If you chewed food that wasn’t processed, ate other things than burgers, built up a stronger jaw line and muscles, your jaw was use to roughage, your jaw would grow bigger and you wouldn’t have wisdom teeth issues
Your pathetic western diet caused your wisdom teeth problems
Sucking on blended diets

Learn to,science on your own

So...evolution.

Nice one

Nice try but no
No deevolution, entropy, thermodynamics

We are not getting better but worse unless thats evolution where you come from

Deny ignorance or embrace it?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The Bible is a collection of over sixty historical manuscripts written over 3500 years by more than forty authors.

It outlines a consistent worldview.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

BTW, there is a verse in the bible that is very pertinent to what is going on in the world today.

Isaiah 3:12

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths."

www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...

This describes exactly what we have been seeing for a while now.

Children are being used to further the agenda of some people. As for the "women will rule over them" that seems to describe what feminism has become. Both the children, and feminism are being used to destroy the paths of conservatives, and to force the left-wing agenda on the rest of us.

edit on 6-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Noah is a fairy tail Adam and Eve are a fairy tail. Yeah I know how to live off the land too. Organic? have you ever butchered your own food?

You meant to write "fairy tale." A tail is what dogs, and cats have in their backside.

I know there is more to the universe then what a 2000 year old book can tell me. You'd have to be a fool to think the universe was created just for man.

It isn't, and wasn't meant to describe everything in the universe. However, the bible, and other sacred texts tell us a lot about the world.

The bible states that before mankind, there were giants and other creatures living on Earth. The bible describes what happened since the start of the ongoing cycle we are living in.

It tells us of the war in the heavens, which is still occurring as we speak, and agencies like NASA have recorded.

That heavenly battle is ongoing between the angels who still follow Elohim, and the fallen angels that have become crooked and evil, and their physical form represents what they have become. In today's world the fallen angels are the greys, and some other species, who don't care about causing harm to humans, and still experiment with humans to try to make themselves more similar to what they looked like before they turned against Elohim and his creation.

The bible tells us that there is more than the physical world, and a life after death.

The bible also recounts historical events.

BTW, the bible is older than 2,000 years, since it includes the Old Testament which is part of the Torah. The New Testament is the section of the bible that is a bit over 2,000 years old.

500 years ago mankind thought the earth was flat. Galileo discovered the earth revolved around the sun. The Catholic church put him on trial for heresy. Instead of executing him they put him house arrest for the rest of his life.

And there have been, and there still are theories which have been debunked but were thought at the time to be true.

The bible was written 1500 years prior to Galileo's discovery. Mankind has come a long way in 500 years since Galileo's discovery. We've learned to harness the power of the sun. Ever heard of Einstein's theory of relativity?

The universe is a big place and it's far from empty. To think it was created just for us is stupid.

Whom said/wrote the Universe is empty? While the Bible doesn't talk about life in other planets, it does state that the angels and fallen angels have been fighting in the heavens.

edit on 7-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
a reply to: Groot

Saying animals are smarter than humans is the dumbest thing humans could say. You apparently don't observe reality.

You don't get out much do you? How many other species are intentionally evil to not only their fellow species but to the rest of their planet as humans?

Good grief, I can't believe I'm bothering to contribute to this ridiculous thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

You don't get out much do you? How many other species are intentionally evil to not only their fellow species but to the rest of their planet as humans?

Good grief, I can't believe I'm bothering to contribute to this ridiculous thread.

You obviously don't know that for example, many male sea lions rape and murder baby sea lions. You don't know that the mothers try to defend their babies, and many are murdered or simply tossed aside by the male sea lions on a rampage.

Sea otters also rape and drown baby seals, even after the baby seals are dead...
iflscience.com...

You obviously don't know that different ant species fight against each other to the death killing entire colonies of other ants. That there are animals and insects that will kill all other species they come in contact with.

In case you didn't know, park rangers have to stop predators like wolves from multiplying too much, or they will kill every deer and animal for miles. If the wolves are not stopped, they just don't kill for food, they kill for the heck of it.

Deer, elk and other species have to be in check so they don't multiply too much, and they try to. If too many are allowed to proliferate they will eat every blade of grass out there, and will eventually cause the mass starvation of all the deer and elk in those areas.

As a matter of fact, there are animals and insects that force into slavery other animals and species. Yep, it is true.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Many species of animals are more than capable of doing the same, or worse things than beasts that look like men or women and should be behind bars or dead.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with this thread, but had to make you aware that you are wrong.

As a species, humans are more "humane" than most animals.

edit on 7-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

It's not off topic at all. Seeing as we have no idea what drives such animals to carry out such behaviour, if it could be termed as 'evil' is nothing more than our perception.

I'm really not sure why I'm responding to someone who feels a resonance between a couple of lines in the old Testament to what they perceive as the hardships of poor conservatives from the pesky left anyway.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

No, it's not true. Nothing has come to light to support a creator that can't be answered by science. Science provides answers. Religion provides deceit and control.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Wait till you meet lucy. And no i am not joking when i say that. The devil is the real reason why i now believe in God. But it is also the reason why I am here. Synchronicity showed me the being behind the "all seeing eye." And my own interactions with this being brought me out of atheism, occultism and luciferianism. (Many people practice luciferianism and don't even know it, while its disguised as the "New Age one world religion movement" .)

I have witnessed the Devil mocking me through synchronicity led messages. Seen it how it rules the lower heavens with the rest of the fallen. They are above you in the sky and also they are below your skin. (hence why flesh is also part of the devil.)

This whole world belongs to the Devil. She controls it. Neither God nor Yehshuah governs this world for one reason, it was given to Lucifer to reign because of mans choices and disobedience of Natural DIvine Law. People have broken this sacred law and the punishment is actually cosmic abandonment. (Although you can reconnect with the father by simply remaining obedient to Natural Divine law (Which is also the Holy Grail.)

A clue on this can be found in the bible when Yehshuah/Yahshuah/Joshua said:

Matthew 19:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

In this world, you are either a king or queen (Sovereign individual who is loyal to the law) or you are a slave to the fallen angels. There are only two real choices here. Remain stuck in this hell or go back home.

Many chose to remain here via their own choices.

Divine Law and The Holy Grail 10 Year Re-Release

Lucifer Decoded Part 1: Exposing the Real Lucifer-)

Lucifer Decoded Part 5: Eye of the Storm (Revised)

Click here: Apocalypse: Unveiling of the Screech owl

Oh I know what the bible says is real. One history repeating itself is the story of Elijah vs Queen Jezebel. Jezebel had a daughter named athaliah who tried to end the line of David and the Jews. Its always the same story, a matriarchal Goddess trying to end the patriarchy.

1 Kings 11:5-7 King James Version (KJV)
5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.

6 And Solomon did evil in the sight of the Lord, and went not fully after the Lord, as did David his father.

7 Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.

Remember Hillary sacrificing a chicken to Moloch?

Wikileaks Search Results Hillary Sacrifices Chicken in backyard to Moloch

Main reason i post this here is because it shows what the elite is worshiping and it is also clearly biblical. But i gave you the core of what Christianity is really about.

You believe in God when you believe in the LAW. Yehshuah fulfilled the law on the cross, meaning he became one with the law. He wasnt about Idolizing himself as you clearly read with his own words in mathew,(Why thou calleth me good?) he instead was about teaching the law which is the way, the truth and the life. That is why he is the way, because he fulfilled the law. But people ignored his teachings and turned him into an idol and a tool for religion. Religion is everything that is wrong with this world and Yeshuah made himself clear that he was against religions of all forms.

If God's true nature is humbleness, why are people calling God, GOD? Think about that for a moment. Because it should really hit home as to who God the father really is and how people insult him every day with doing the opposite of what he actually wanted for his children.

I could write more on this subject but I'll leave it with just explaining the true gospel.

The world is the way it is because people have become lawless and un-natural. The law is also cause and effect and is very much connected with the choices we all make in life.

But yes, the bible's stories are real. But the bible was only meant to be a tool for discernment. Not a tool for the blasphemy called religion. Which only seeks to enslave the people just like the ancient pharoahs did to the ancient israelites. Its the same old story just different era. And we are living once again in the times of the pharoahs with the new world order being pushed down our throats.

We live in the time of tribulation. Where true Christians will be persecuted.

edit on th2019000000Mondayth000000Mon, 07 Jan 2019 06:14:25 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoMon, 07 Jan 2019 06:14:25 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   

It was never a common theory that the Earth was flat - blame poorly researched educational material produced in the USA early in the 20th century for that urban myth.

When you say the Bible is 2,000 years old, you are incorrect, if you are talking old Testament it stretches back much further, if you are talking new Testament it hasn't reached that age quite yet for any of the gospels.

Funny how it's almost always the people who think they are smarter than others who get their facts wrong isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join