It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is True

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

How many dead people have you actually witness get back up?

Unless you really like Zombie flicks, my guess is not that many.

If there is an afterlife or existence outwith the space-time in which we find ourselves manifest im wanting my own universe to play with, not to sit there in heaven watching you lot semi-intelligent daft Monkeys play with your pudding and watch Come Dancing for the rest of all eternity, not without a few prostitutes, an endless bag of weed, and plenty of snow on the horizon, none of which i imagine heaven would allow.

edit on 7-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: narrator
Bottom line, believe in whatever you want to believe in, but don't push your beliefs onto others as being the only true belief. How do you know that you're right? Not believe that you're right, or feel that you're right, or have faith that you're right. How do you KNOW? And even if you do know, it's not your right to push beliefs onto others. Let others believe whatever they want. Just remember: You could be wrong. We all could be wrong.

VERY compelling reply, sad that most would never take as much time & effort as you did to reply...

I will respond briefly because I'm about out of time here right now but you mentioned a few things that really caught my eye.

Very interesting that you asked: "How do you KNOW?"

Why? Because for whatever reason, you are speaking to someone that DOES in fact know, it would take more time than I have right now to explain WHY I know, but I will say this, speaking from experience, I guarantee that if you EVER reach the point in your life where absolute mind blowing miracles begin to occur in your life on a regular basis, you will no longer believe, you WILL know.

This is NOT meant to convince or make my case here, I'm just sayin'... miracles have a funny way of changing ones perspective...

You mentioned that it's not my right to push beliefs onto others and it goes right back to what I just said above, I can totally relate to that because I happen to be someone who hates deception with a passion, ESPECIALLY the religious kind.

If these WERE just beliefs I was pushing you might be right but what if instead of beliefs they were facts instead?

So don't be so hard on someone who appears to be pushing beliefs onto others when in reality they may simply be passing on what they themselves know to be true by years of personal experience.

You're still violating someone else's right to live life how they see fit, even if you view them as "facts". If someone "knew", i.e. believed it as fact, that America is destined to follow the path of the Nazis, as all other paths are wrong, and they continually pushed Nazi "facts" onto everyone within earshot, would that be the right thing to do? That person knows it as fact. But in reality, it can't be a fact without some sort of proof.

What I'm saying is, something cannot be a FACT without having proof to accompany it. You saying that you don't have time to explain it, but I should just believe you that you know it as fact that god exists, does not sway me in the slightest. For something to be a fact, it has to be able to be proven. Otherwise, it's an opinion/hypothesis/theory. Not a fact. The definition of these terms is really important in this conversation.

I've experienced many miracles in my life, none of which made me think a god was responsible for them. I will require proof before I worship something.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: cooperton

How many dead people have you actually witness get back up?

Unless you really like Zombie flicks, my guess is not that many.

If there is an afterlife or existence outwith the space-time in which we find ourselves manifest im wanting my own universe to play with, not to sit there in heaven watching you lot semi-intelligent daft Monkeys play with your pudding and watch Come Dancing for the rest of all eternity, not without a few prostitutes, an endless bag of weed, and plenty of snow on the horizon, none of which i imagine heaven would allow.

The medical definition of death is under constant change, it is the power of scientific truth to make what meant death no longer mean so. No form of death is irreversible, information is never destroyed or created, and our patterns are eternal truth, it is up to us to choose our fate, but the fear that fate may lay outside our control as it has in this world, is one that one must learn to deal with.

Now we look deep within the brain, the jewel of creation, the embodiment of evolution's pinnacle the hyperevolutionary algorithm, general intelligence, that in which man's image was made, the image of god, the very heart of man's reasoning and capability as a conscious agent. The ultimate secret of the universe.
edit on 7-1-2019 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Very interesting that you asked: "How do you KNOW?"

Why? Because for whatever reason, you are speaking to someone that DOES in fact know, it would take more time than I have right now to explain WHY I know, but I will say this, speaking from experience, I guarantee that if you EVER reach the point in your life where absolute mind blowing miracles begin to occur in your life on a regular basis, you will no longer believe, you WILL know.

This is NOT meant to convince or make my case here, I'm just sayin'... miracles have a funny way of changing ones perspective...

You mentioned that it's not my right to push beliefs onto others and it goes right back to what I just said above, I can totally relate to that because I happen to be someone who hates deception with a passion, ESPECIALLY the religious kind.

If these WERE just beliefs I was pushing you might be right but what if instead of beliefs they were facts instead?

So don't be so hard on someone who appears to be pushing beliefs onto others when in reality they may simply be passing on what they themselves know to be true by years of personal experience.

Ok i see the problem buddy
You're delusional. I don't mean it as an attack, i'm just stating a fact here.
I KNOW from experience. I use to be delusional too.

You don't comprehend something, so you call it a miracle
You can't explain said miracle, so you call it God
You attribute this god that performed said miracle, to the god of the Bible.

I've seen 'miracles' too, all from the laying on of hands and prayer. Still don't believe the 'word of god'

I've seen someone 'get there sight back' in an eye that was shot and not working, didn't quite confirm it but i don't doubt it. happened in front of our whole congregation.

I've seen the lame walk. The blind see. I've had demonic experiences, shadow figures creep behind me, my gf has even seen dolls 'possessed'.

Point is I've seen many miracles and supernatural things and I don't claim to KNOW anything from it. I Especially don't attribute those things to god. Why would I? We just automatically credit god with things we don't understand?

And yes i am the exact type of person that the bible mentions will go to hell.
Someone who has seen all the 'proof of god' and still rejects him.

It is my opinion after studying and praying and living, that the bible is an evil, not a good.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Having looked at the posting and read through some of the posts, the following can be stated:

The Op has stated that our existence was created, and not a product of evolution. How everything is a too perfect and unexplainable. And how the Op does not take anyone serious if they say God does not exist. That a person is an idiot if they do not accept, cause they know it is true, and chosen to ignore all of it because it is hard, and when we die, we will have to give an accounting of our lives.

Where to start, as this is a very loaded topic. The first thing to start with is the origin of what we know as Christianity. The reality is that Christianity today is the offspring of Catholic church, which in itself is a offspring of an older religion, from the east/west schism, which all came from Judaism. And even then, the early Christian’s were revolutionaries, who broke off from that faith, thinking that their way was better than the one that was established, and flourishing back during the time of the Romans. In fact if the Catholic Church had accepted the changes that Luther had wanted, chances are that there would be no other denomination beyond the Catholic church.

If you look at this link it will show you where all church’s come from and the evolution of the various religions. 000024.org...

Now as far as the bible, that in itself is not one to put much faith in, as it has been changed, even the very definitions of the words are often in debate. The first problem that could be pointed out in the bible is the chain of translation. Consider this, there are words that never translate out, yet here those that worked on the bible, editing it, had to make decisions how to translate out words from one language to another. So based on what all I could find out, there are parts of the bible that were translated out a good 4 to 8 times, before we see the modern day text. Think about it, it went from the ancient languages, Hebrew, Aramaic, Syriac, Coptic, to Greek, to Latin, then to German, and finally to English, and even then with the English language changing, it was changed again. As I stated, there are words that never translate out fully, and even then it is a rough estimate.

Now add into that, those who are doing these translations are adding in their perspectives, and ideas on the definitions of those words, and the language evolves, so the meanings change as well. Best case of that, would be to look at the Codex Sinaticus, and one can see the changes, some 400 alone in the new testament, or even if one looks at the old testament and translates it from Hebrew to English, there is a definite difference in the meaning and words.

And not every book was included, many were left out, a decision not made by many, but only a few. There are texts, volumes of text and writings by various holy people who were left out. Even the bibles themselves, at least 4 different versions, are all different in writing, style and texts that are in it. From what I can get and read, there is the Ethopian bible, with different books in it, the Catholic bible is different, the eastern Orthodox is different and the main bible that the Protestants are used, are different as well. That alone is different and if we look at the older versions all tend to read differently.

Even the definitions are no longer the same, and thus the meanings are different as well.

So with all of this, how can this be the very definition of truth, when it left the truth along time ago, changed and remade by human hands time and time again, decided on by those who were having their own agenda’s and leaving out books all cause it did not fit in, leaving holes and questions. The problem with prophecies and religious texts is that when they are often given, they never give you any useful information. And it is often left vague on purpose.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

Entropy must always increase, something to consider where your assessment of information is concerned.

Information can enter into the event horizon of a black hole, then possibly be remitted as Hawking radiation, but if it was Star Trek when it went in it sure won't be when/if it comes back out as said radiation.

You don't choose your fate, nor even possess the free will to do so as neuroscience has clearly proven in the last few decades.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
youtu.be...

No doubt our existence was created. Not a product of evolution. It's weird to me that this is a subject of debate.
Everything is too perfect. And unexplainable.
I will never take someone seriously if they say God doesn't exist.
I'm aware that's a harsh statement. But it's true.
You're an idiot if you don't accept this because all of you know its true. You chose to ignore it because it's hard.
But we all will die. And will have to give account of our lives. No excuses in front of the Creator.
And that's it. Live to give praise to the creator and his children.

The thing is, there is no evidence for creationism.

I believe in a Great Spirit from which all things emerge, but I don't necessarily believe in a divine entity that influences or guides mankind.

The reason why everything seems so perfect, is because it took billions of years to evolve this way. We, are humans, are looking at a universe that is billions of years old, so of course it is going to be grand, and have all of these details that fit in together. The details fit because things don't just spontaneously occur....everything is connected to everything else.

I have nothing against people who are religious, but when you start calling people idiots for not seeing things the way you do, it shows that you really don't have much a grasp on anything at all.

What is your point in making this thread, anyway? To try and convert people? No one is going to be converted to your cult/religion by you calling them an idiot.

If that wasn't your purpose, what is? To have a discussion? Again, discussions don't usually start with someone calling the other people idiots right off the bat. That's how arguments start, not discussions.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

"No form of death is irreversible." - you

Well, that's just not true. Unless you're alluding to reincarnation, which is decidedly un-Christian.

A Cambodian stepping on a land mine and being blown into thousands of pieces? Pretty irreversible. Yes, nothing is created or destroyed, but that doesn't mean that all death is reversible. Also, if nothing is created or destroyed and all matter and information has always existed and will always exist, I would then argue...how can there be a creator?

Again, a lot of forms of death are irreversible. Unless you mean reincarnation. Which isn't a Christian belief.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: supermarket2012

originally posted by: Toolman18
youtu.be...

No doubt our existence was created. Not a product of evolution. It's weird to me that this is a subject of debate.
Everything is too perfect. And unexplainable.
I will never take someone seriously if they say God doesn't exist.
I'm aware that's a harsh statement. But it's true.
You're an idiot if you don't accept this because all of you know its true. You chose to ignore it because it's hard.
But we all will die. And will have to give account of our lives. No excuses in front of the Creator.
And that's it. Live to give praise to the creator and his children.

The thing is, there is no evidence for creationism.

I believe in a Great Spirit from which all things emerge, but I don't necessarily believe in a divine entity that influences or guides mankind.

The reason why everything seems so perfect, is because it took billions of years to evolve this way. We, are humans, are looking at a universe that is billions of years old, so of course it is going to be grand, and have all of these details that fit in together. The details fit because things don't just spontaneously occur....everything is connected to everything else.

I have nothing against people who are religious, but when you start calling people idiots for not seeing things the way you do, it shows that you really don't have much a grasp on anything at all.

What is your point in making this thread, anyway? To try and convert people? No one is going to be converted to your cult/religion by you calling them an idiot.

If that wasn't your purpose, what is? To have a discussion? Again, discussions don't usually start with someone calling the other people idiots right off the bat. That's how arguments start, not discussions.

Testify!

Very well put.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

"Well, that's just not true. Unless you're alluding to reincarnation, which is decidedly un-Christian."

That may not always have been the case, quite a few books and bits have been removed, and even added to the book, to suit the agenda of the Holy Roman Church of St Peter and a few others over the span of time.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
If there is no God, then there is no good or evil. I’ve seen enough to know that that isn’t the case. Since God is, was, and always will be, Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

I don’t have it all figured out, but I’m getting closer, thanks to many things, including the Bible.

How do you figure? How did you come to the conclusion that good and evil can only exist if some God exists?

I'm not sure how you define good or evil, but they have nothing to do with any deity.

Good and evil are both relative terms. They are descriptors. We use them to describe characteristics which we find healthy, and positive, and characteristics which we find unhealthy, and negative.

Mankind has free will. We have a brain, and a conscience. We have developed the concept of good and evil over time to explain the phenomena of man using his free will to do actions that are beneficial, healthy, positive to himself and his people, or detrimental and harmful to people.

You don't need religion or god to explain good or evil.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

"Well, that's just not true. Unless you're alluding to reincarnation, which is decidedly un-Christian."

That may not always have been the case, quite a few books and bits have been removed, and even added to the book, to suit the agenda of the Holy Roman Church of St Peter and a few others over the span of time.

While that could be the case, Christianity as we know it today discounts reincarnation as a fallacy. We can't list reincarnation as a Christian belief because it may have been at one point in time hundreds of years ago that has subsequently been erased from all Christian books and writings.

That would be disingenuous at best.

As Christianity and Christian beliefs stand today, reincarnation is not one of their beliefs.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacegod03
a reply to: DustybudzZ

"NONE! of this means, there is no GOD, Creator, Grand Designer, higher power, or as I know him Father. Whatever you want to call him"

He's there and i know it? I just said i know he's not, stop putting words in ma food hole

I have a few questions for you then:
Do you think this creator intervenes in our lives?
Do you think if you are good you will live your afterlife with this creator/designer/programmer in peace?
What is the point of this creator? ( Besides you know, initially creating everything )

First: I didn't put words in your "food hole" lol I was not talking directly and only, to you. it was to anyone

And just because you say something doesn't mean you don't feel truly different inside

Second: why would you have any questions for me anyway? if you don't believe in a higher power at all?

Third: even though I don't have to explain myself to you because your opinion is not needed I will because I love.

And because obviously you want to talk about it and want to know more so thats great
maybe i can help

Here we go

1st Q: Do you think this creator intervenes in our lives?
A: sometimes but not in the ways you would think you have to remember a higher power would be in a higher dimension

2nd Q: Do you think if you are good you will live your afterlife with this creator/designer/programmer in peace?
A: I believe you can be at peace here in this life as well as the after life. Where we go I think depends on what happends to your soul after death which depends on what you do here in this life. kinda like levels in a game a game with a Grand Designer lol. but as for us living with GOD that would mean we would have to become the same kind of dimensional entity which I doubt will happen. we should definitely be able to communicate in some way with him though. better then now. like a direct "phone line" lol

Ok 3rd Q:What is the point of this creator? ( Besides you know, initially creating everything )
A: umm that one should be obvious to Love us, teach us to Love, and teach us The ways and tools we need, to be the best we can possibly be. we are no where near our full potentials as humans and we have no clue as to what we really are

Hope this helps

Much love

edit on 7-1-2019 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

"As Christianity and Christian beliefs stand today, reincarnation is not one of their beliefs."

Yes truth and commonsense sadly eludes those fellows at the Vatican, they may find some in a very dark corner one day i suppose, but they might need to leave those poor young alter boys arses alone for 5 minutes to do so.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Entropy must always increase, something to consider where your assessment of information is concerned.

Information can enter into the event horizon of a black hole, then possibly be remitted as Hawking radiation, but if it was Star Trek when it went in it sure won't be when/if it comes back out as said radiation.

You don't choose your fate, nor even possess the free will to do so as neuroscience has clearly proven in the last few decades.

The hawking radiation and blackhole information has been considered to support eternalism just as relativity seems to do so. The eternal blocktime universe, all moments eternal and atemporal.

Some have considered that the universe will be cyclic, some say it will converge into an omega point computer, others say that a time crystal computer can allow for eternal perpetual computation, yet others speak of punching a hole, a wormhole into a more suitable host universe.

Intelligence is the greatest force that evolution, the algorithm of survival came upon, if there is a means of survival it will be found not through teeth, or claws but through general intelligence perfected.

"No form of death is irreversible." - you

Well, that's just not true. Unless you're alluding to reincarnation, which is decidedly un-Christian.

A Cambodian stepping on a land mine and being blown into thousands of pieces? Pretty irreversible. Yes, nothing is created or destroyed, but that doesn't mean that all death is reversible. Also, if nothing is created or destroyed and all matter and information has always existed and will always exist, I would then argue...how can there be a creator?

Again, a lot of forms of death are irreversible. Unless you mean reincarnation. Which isn't a Christian belief.

Patternalist philosophy. The number of configurations of a human brain size object and the patterns that it can embody are finite. The soul is but a pattern, enough computation and all real past present future or fictional can be found, even god.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Terrorist starter kit?

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Bottom line, believe in whatever you want to believe in, but don't push your beliefs onto others as being the only true belief. How do you know that you're right? Not believe that you're right, or feel that you're right, or have faith that you're right. How do you KNOW? And even if you do know, it's not your right to push beliefs onto others. Let others believe whatever they want.
Just remember: You could be wrong. We all could be wrong.

Because someone came and conquered death and invited others to follow along with him. His philosophy entirely matches the truths I have come to realize about this world and my self.

a reply to: Murgatroid

Gods that are omnipotent yet demand our attendance and admiration not to mention our monies?

This is a juvenile interpretation. Since God is the utmost ideal and perfection, by seeking him we too become our utmost ideal and perfect self. To ignore God is to ignore God's plan... which would be dumb because God's plan is far better than anything we could contrive from our limited perspective.

Again, you are welcome to BELIEVE whatever you want. My argument is, you can't technically KNOW that happened.

It's awesome that his philosophy matches yours. But it doesn't match mine, so I'm not going to follow it. And you (or any other Christian) don't have the right to try to force that philosophy onto me. Just saying. I'm not forcing my beliefs onto you or anyone else, and I expect the same courtesy from you.

God is not the utmost ideal and perfection, to me. If he is to you, great. But I disagree with a lot of things god has supposedly said and done, so I choose to not follow the Christian path, as I don't want to worship something that has done so many things that go against what I feel to be important.

It isn't dumb to ignore god and god's plan. It's just a different path than the one you've chosen. Let people make their own choices, don't tell them they're dumb because they don't believe what you believe. That, by definition, is persecution. Something I'm pretty sure Jesus said isn't a good thing to do.

What if I said I'm not a Christian but i believe in GOD and Jesus?

You dont have to be a Christian to believe in GOD just saying

Let me ask you this if you seen on the news tomorrow that scientists have proven that GOD DOSE exists and GOD was a scientific fact now "hypothetically"

Would you believe then?

Or do you believe? But are just mad at GOD? Because you refer to him like you believe he exists

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Crystal computer???

Like the Silicon Crystal chips that exist in all of our electronic devices?

Possibly a quantum computational system that somehow exists in a higher dimension or even an alternate universe.

But i would not go with anything made of matter nor even in the same space-time.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

I guess ignorance is bliss. Must be soothing to imagine a skydaddy watching over and controlling you and requires worship and praise from you. Have you considered moving to N Korea? They have a similar system where sheep like you can pay your respects and not have to worry about hard sciency stuff.

Seriously how is this crap post so high up on this website? This used to be a thought provoking site. Now it's just a swamp for simple minded cretins clinging to their precious bibles and trumptards.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DustybudzZ

originally posted by: cooperton

Bottom line, believe in whatever you want to believe in, but don't push your beliefs onto others as being the only true belief. How do you know that you're right? Not believe that you're right, or feel that you're right, or have faith that you're right. How do you KNOW? And even if you do know, it's not your right to push beliefs onto others. Let others believe whatever they want.
Just remember: You could be wrong. We all could be wrong.

Because someone came and conquered death and invited others to follow along with him. His philosophy entirely matches the truths I have come to realize about this world and my self.

a reply to: Murgatroid

Gods that are omnipotent yet demand our attendance and admiration not to mention our monies?

This is a juvenile interpretation. Since God is the utmost ideal and perfection, by seeking him we too become our utmost ideal and perfect self. To ignore God is to ignore God's plan... which would be dumb because God's plan is far better than anything we could contrive from our limited perspective.

Again, you are welcome to BELIEVE whatever you want. My argument is, you can't technically KNOW that happened.

It's awesome that his philosophy matches yours. But it doesn't match mine, so I'm not going to follow it. And you (or any other Christian) don't have the right to try to force that philosophy onto me. Just saying. I'm not forcing my beliefs onto you or anyone else, and I expect the same courtesy from you.

God is not the utmost ideal and perfection, to me. If he is to you, great. But I disagree with a lot of things god has supposedly said and done, so I choose to not follow the Christian path, as I don't want to worship something that has done so many things that go against what I feel to be important.

It isn't dumb to ignore god and god's plan. It's just a different path than the one you've chosen. Let people make their own choices, don't tell them they're dumb because they don't believe what you believe. That, by definition, is persecution. Something I'm pretty sure Jesus said isn't a good thing to do.

What if I said I'm not a Christian but i believe in GOD and Jesus?

You dont have to be a Christian to believe in GOD just saying

Let me ask you this if you seen on the news tomorrow that scientists have proven that GOD DOSE exists and GOD was a scientific fact now "hypothetically"

Would you believe then?

Or do you believe? But are just mad at GOD? Because you refer to him like you believe he exists

For starters, I refer to him like he exists because I get a better discussion from believers if I do that. If I just repeat over and over that I don't believe he exists, the conversation goes nowhere.

You're right, you definitely don't have to be a Christian to believe in god. My point still applies though. I'll reword it, since it apparently wasn't clear: You (or any person who believes in a god, whether Christian or not) don't have the right to try to force your philosophy onto me. In other words: believe whatever you want to believe, but let everyone else do the same.

It would depend on what the scientist's proof was, but for the sake of the hypothetical situation, if it was true, observable, scientific proof, then yes, I definitely would believe there was a god. That doesn't mean I would worship it or view it as holy though. Hypothetically, I'd assume if a scientist proved beyond all doubt that Odin was real, you wouldn't worship him, because you believe in your own god. Same idea for me, even if god exists, it doesn't mean I'm going to bow and worship it.

I'm definitely not mad at god. You can't be mad at something you don't believe exists. Even if it were possible to be mad at something that doesn't exist, god holds no power in my mind so it would be illogical to be mad at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join