It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is True

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Well almost perfect except for all those animals that went extinct. Ok maybe somewhat perfect would be better. But yet we continue to lose species and you would think in a planned world this wouldnt happen. Ok so were down to not very perfect at all really.

So now we have to ask why did he do such a crappy job.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

your basing your opinions of me - based on my ATS moniker - does not inspire confidence in your ability to think coherently

plot twist - the name is a trap - it catches all sorts of idiot

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Toolman18
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm a person that can look around and experience stuff. That's it. To deny what I see would be lying to myself.

OK, why is it you think god created so much pain and misery?

He didn't, he is allowing it to solve other issues, that most humans can't fathom.

I will put it into perspective that most can better understand, a parent has a young child lets say 5 years old, due to a serious health issue it must undergo a very serious painful operation which will permanently solve that health issue, what does the parent do, they endorse the operation to solve the problem despite the pain and suffering the child will be forced to endure. This way later in life they can have a happier healthier life.

Right now all of humanity is on the operating table and we aren't even fully sedated, it is a horrible time for us all and this is one long operation, but when it's finished and we are fully recovered, things will be way better for all of us.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: chr0naut

your basing your opinions of me - based on my ATS moniker - does not inspire confidence in your ability to think coherently

plot twist - the name is a trap - it catches all sorts of idiot

Oh, a trap, I see...

LOL

edit on 6/1/2019 by chr0naut because: Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

Can you post proof, with data, not a youtube video?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: rickymouse

That's a good point. Getting people to stop having sex with animals was a great achievement!!! It really screws up evolution especially when the sex is with monkeys and other closely related species.

I'm laughing so hard I needed my inhaler!

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I use to be religious when I was young ( 53 now )
But there is one thing no one can refute . You say Your god made everything !
In the beginning there was ONLY God . This God knew everything that was or would be EVER THING .
So First thing he does after making everything Is make The devil The very GUY who would be his perfect creations downfall . Knowing this he went and created his own worst enemy ??
Then after he makes Humans he puts a tree and says Dont eat from it .
Well now it evident he KNEW they would that would be the only reason to even tell then not to .

Kinda like putting cookies in reach of children .
Got kids ? put cookies somewhere they can get them BE sure to tell them not to eat them then see what happens .
All I can say If it had been me first I would not have Created evil ( yes evil would not even exist with out your God )
Then I would not have put the tree in reach .

Forget every thing else God HIMSELF made the evil he him self punishes you over .
Your God made the hell you will go to because of the evil he created and you worship that ?
Honestly i prefer to just die when the time comes heaven will be hell for any one of us .
All the things you enjoy by being human are NOT in heaven .
no one thing left of this earth or your life will be there when you arrive .

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Wow, where to start?
Ok.....humour me.
If you look through the 'timeline' with Genesis (which repeats itself a little later in different tones,) everything is called 'good' apart from day two. Surely that must be a curiosity for any fundamentalist to draw upon.
We have light from day one, but stars, heavenly bodies and 'signs in the sky to determine seasons' didn't occur until day 4.
Without planets, stars and heavenly bodies in orbit to determine seasons, it is very hard to denote or express time as a linear concept.
To put it bluntly, there was a 'light going on and off over earth' as it span for who knows how long, until a way of determining seasons was introduced.
Just throwing that out there.

I am a believer in Jesus the Logos. I can't prove it, it's just a theory.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

youtu.be...

No doubt our existence was created. Not a product of evolution. It's weird to me that this is a subject of debate.
Everything is too perfect. And unexplainable.
I will never take someone seriously if they say God doesn't exist.
I'm aware that's a harsh statement. But it's true.
You're an idiot if you don't accept this because all of you know its true. You chose to ignore it because it's hard.
But we all will die. And will have to give account of our lives. No excuses in front of the Creator.
And that's it. Live to give praise to the creator and his children.

Typical christian.

The bible is true, and the proof is the bible.

"You're an idiot if you don't accept this"

"My big daddy in the sky loves me so much, that he wishes I have eternal torment, poison, torture and etc if I step out of line"

You christians have a weird concept of love. sounds more like psychological abuse.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Perfect you say?

Wisdom teeth.

Quite clearly we ain't perfect.

If you chewed food that wasn’t processed, ate other things than burgers, built up a stronger jaw line and muscles, your jaw was use to roughage, your jaw would grow bigger and you wouldn’t have wisdom teeth issues
Your pathetic western diet caused your wisdom teeth problems
Sucking on blended diets

Learn to,science on your own

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

youtu.be...

No doubt our existence was created. Not a product of evolution. It's weird to me that this is a subject of debate.
Everything is too perfect. And unexplainable.
I will never take someone seriously if they say God doesn't exist.
I'm aware that's a harsh statement. But it's true.
You're an idiot if you don't accept this because all of you know its true. You chose to ignore it because it's hard.
But we all will die. And will have to give account of our lives. No excuses in front of the Creator.
And that's it. Live to give praise to the creator and his children.

You do realize that nothing in the theory of evolution percludes there being a supreme being to start the process, right? Hell even the theory of the big bang does not say that god doesn't exist. If anything science is merely trying to understand how "god" did what he/she/they did, while also marveling at his/her/their handy work. Assuming one believes in a supreme being(s) to begin with that is. Personally I'm not arrogant enough to think I know what's out there. I believe there is something more going on behind the scenes, I just have no idea what (or who for that matter) is directing it.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

edit on 6-1-2019 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Not attacking the OP, but the thread overall seems very trollish. Comes right out and says that you're an idiot if you don't agree with me. On a subject that is extremely grey (god).

I call troll thread. Or the user unaware of how conversation and debate works.
edit on 6-1-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

A thousand different replies to counter what you just said mate... You can leave it up to faith and that's fine by me. Yet, to sit and argue "logically" leaves a endless debate with no real conclusion.

Much like this thread. Trying to debate this existence or non-existence of the unprovable.
edit on 6-1-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Did you know dolphins and octopuses are smarter than us? Their brains show it.

You know what they did? They just lived the life that was given to them and did not try to create something different.

Because it was perfect.

Yes, I have heard this claim, but if we also lived in the seas our brains would expand as well because of living in the water all the time.

If dolphins and octopuses were so much intelligent than us, why didn't they "evolve" to be able to invent or build the marvelous things humans have been able to build and invent?

IMO, neither dolphins nor octopuses are "smarter than us." They just live in an environment that has expanded their brains but doesn't make them "smarter than us." Yes, they are smart, but not smarter than us.

BTW, sperm whales have the biggest brain of any animal. Does that make them "smarter than us"? Not necessarily.

edit on 6-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The first commandment is though shalt not kill... am I right ?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Then I guess there's the fact that just about every story in the Bible was taken and adapted from older mythology. Which already means it's just a distortion of something that came before.

Refuted & proven false MANY times... the only ones who actually believe this fallacious nonsense are the gullible or those with an axe to grind

This whole copycat argument is not only completely unsupported by facts, there isn't even so much as a SHRED of evidence to even suggest plagiarism.

Naturally, not a shred of etymological, linguistic, archaeological, literary, or historical evidence is given for these wild assertions.

www.tektonics.org...

Achayra's badly researched delusion ranks among other such nonsense as "The Davinci Code" or "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" any intelligent person who has taken a religion 101 course can shoot holes through her lies.

No serious scholar atheist or other wise has any real respect for this woman. She has been widely ignored even by the majority of anti christian atheists because her conspiracies can't possibly hold water. Achayra doesn't like Christianity so she borrows from a lot of other poor researchers to create fantasies that have no more basis in reality then Santa Claus. If you want anti christian reading pick up the Davinci code at least it was well written by some one with some thing resembling intelligence.

The Latest Lie Ever Sold

This review is from: "The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold"

Follow her sources please. How did the comparison with the mystery religions start? Did it start by the Jewish scholars who lived at the same time and would have known about these religions and were themselves trying to discredit Jesus? No, it started with an Islamic writer named Yousuf Saleem Chishti, in his book, What is Christianity? ... Where did he get this information? No one knows, he listed no sources, and none have been found.

However that didn't stop a writer in the late 1800s and early 1900s named Gerald Massey from using Chishti as his source for the same information. Who is Acharya using as her source for most of her material? Massey, who used Chishti.

"The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold"

A humorous irony is that many atheists (including Dorothy Murdock / Acharya S.) rely heavily upon Gerald Massey, whom they claim to be a great Egyptologist. Massy is the first known to make the claim that Jesus is a copy of Horus (an Egyptian god). He also makes the connection between Jesus and 2000 other pagan gods—a so-called fact often repeated by Massy followers. The humor of this claim is that Gerald Massey was not a studied Egyptologist; he was a poet who died in 1913 and has no credentials with anyone but the atheists who cite him thinking that he was a researcher.

Gerald Massey claims to have gotten his ideas from ancient text; however, he does not cite the text he supposedly translated from. Since he appears to be the only one who found these secret texts and it cannot and has not been verified by any credible source, it does not stand as evidence but only speculation at best. Many have searched the ancient texts he studied, but none have found any evidence to support his writings. Since Massey never cited any original text, his writings show to be more of a fictional story than an attempt at translation. Yet his claims are the foundation the Christ Conspiracy stands upon.

Book Review – The Christ Conspiracy

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Perfect you say?

Wisdom teeth.

Quite clearly we ain't perfect.

If you chewed food that wasn’t processed, ate other things than burgers, built up a stronger jaw line and muscles, your jaw was use to roughage, your jaw would grow bigger and you wouldn’t have wisdom teeth issues
Your pathetic western diet caused your wisdom teeth problems
Sucking on blended diets

Learn to,science on your own

So...evolution.

Nice one

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The point I'm getting at is unless you are vegan. Every christian defies the first commandment either consciously, subconsciously or by being tricked. My understanding as an ex christian you are all going to hell. Unless you are some weird vegan pacifist. in which case god loves you. sit down and starve to death and he will love you for always. Eat a fish you caught in a creek.. you are the spawn of satan.....

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

So...evolution.

Nice one

No. The original human was good and perfect, but they defied their source code which resulted in dysfunction.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join