It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible is True

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
The Bible is a piece of propaganda by the Holy Roman Church.

Did you seriously just say that?

Makes me wonder how many on ATS actually believe what they are writing...

As you can see from their own writings, the Catholic Church has ALWAYS been opposed to God and His word...

• The Catholic Church did not give us the Bible because no religious movement gives literature that condemns the very teaching of that religious movement.

• If the Catholic Church gave the Bible to us why does it so thoroughly condemn the Roman Catholic hierarchy and the doctrines and practices of the Catholic Church?

• If the Catholic Church gave the world the Bible why has she always opposed the Bible?

As you can see from their own writings the Catholic Church has always opposed the Bible. Why then did the Catholic Church give us the Bible according to their claim? If the Catholic Church is the official interpreter of the Bible then why did God wait several centuries after giving the Bible to establish the Catholic Church?

DEAD LINK > www.portlandchristians.net...

After The Roman Catholic church got underway, they immediately started killing Bible believing Christians with the Inquisition...
www.youtube.com...

"Opened on Thursday alongside the Inquisition archives was the infamous Index of Forbidden Books, which Roman Catholics were forbidden to read or possess on pain of excommunication. They showed that even "the Bible" was once on the blacklist. Translations of the holy book ended up on the bonfires along with other ``heretical'' works...

"Canon 14. We prohibit also that the laity should be permitted to have the books of the Old or New Testament; ...we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books."
DEAD LINK > paintingpictures.xanga.com...

I've heard it asserted that the Roman Catholic church gave us the Bible--but the fact is that she tortured, tormented, and killed people who believed the Bible and the Bible was on her index of prohibited books. For someone to publicly say that Roman Catholic Church gave us the Bible, says that either the speaker does not know history or else that he is lying and knows that his audience, on the whole, is profoundly ignorant, credulous, bewitched, misinformed, and deceived.

Did the Roman Catholic "Church" give us the Bible?

edit on 1.5.2019 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Toolman18
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm a person that can look around and experience stuff. That's it. To deny what I see would be lying to myself.

OK, why is it you think god created so much pain and misery?

People are the ones creating pain and misery.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

That's a very good explanation, you certainly are able to reason very well and to answer you question you are none of those things you are a searcher, you have an open mind and still looking for answers...

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm a person that can look around and experience stuff. That's it. To deny what I see would be lying to myself.

OK, why is it you think god created so much pain and misery?

People are the ones creating pain and misery.

True that, I would argue though pain and misery were at the beginning of creation when Adam ate the apple and was banished from Eden.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Exactly...

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Excellent! And so fitting and true.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The ecosystem was really good at self regulation and what was surviving is there because mother nature does help to keep things in check. But Humans are altering our ecosystem too much which will lead to nothing good. Our desires Trump our needs these days, people are willing to let the ecosystem get destroyed with chemicals and unnaturally concentrated natural chemistries just so they do not have to work in the fields or take care of livestock. They do not want to see a worm on their lettuce so allow chemicals to be put on it to keep the bugs off, if the bugs can't eat it, often we cannot eat much of it either.

God is the energy and structure that created and maintains this earth, mother earth is part of gods creation. People want to claim god as their own yet god is the god of every living thing on this planet, right down to the smallest microbe.

Everything used to be perfect till lazy and greedy people decided to do things to make things easier and more profitable. The Ahmish are more in tune with fitting into god's plan than the majority of Americans, but some people can hear what god passes through mother nature to show what is right. Science is creating more and more microbes that we cannot fight, they are weakening our immune systems with unnatural chemistries and promoting foods we cannot properly metabolize. So is god actually controling science research to bring down the population or is the Devil doing it?

There is a collective consciousness of the Universe, everything is tied together, the earth has it's own collective consciousness of all life on it which is part of god. We need to all start taking care of the garden of eden god gave us but that does not mean we need to be taxed more.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Wisdom teeth, appendix, cancer, our flawed vision, arthritis, those are just the tip of the iceberg for issues in just humans alone.

Lol I thought u were gonna say those those are just some unreleased Aphex Twin singles, damn.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure our omnipotent God knew exactly what was going to happen to the apple in the garden with a naked woman prancing about!

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Yeah there's probably some universe, in the infinite multiverse, where op isn't just blowing it out his propeller spigot.

Here's a great detail to remember about the Bible.

Everything in it, was dictated by a king. No, not a holy one. Just some Duke face in a throne, with a crown.

So, to believe the Bible is fact, is putting your faith in a regular old person, of Royal bloodline. Meh. I'd rather just believe in inhaling farts as my religion of choice. To each his own.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

a reply to: Krakatoa

It's still true no matter any argument. Not realizing that is disturbing.

SO, you are the only one in the world that knows the truth? And that does not disturb you at all?

Quite telling actually.

Thinking that he is the only one that knows the Truth is quite telling. There is more than one, many more.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Toolman18

Wisdom teeth, appendix, cancer, our flawed vision, arthritis, those are just the tip of the iceberg for issues in just humans alone.

I have really bad arthritis. I also have a auto-immune disease that affects my eyes. I have to take prednisone for several months to reset my immune system so my eyes will start working again. So for several months per year I can walk around great with no arthritis! The problem is the side effects from the prednisone make me suffer dearly so I can't really win.

I try very hard not to blame God for all my imperfections. So when the OP said we are too perfect it was very funny for me!

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

a reply to: Sookiechacha

So a baby that relies on it's ma and pa shouldn't? Because it can learn on it's own? And once it's grown up and independent, it shouldn't give credit to his or hers parents?
Silly

Wait, is this "creator" the creator of everything, or just me, like my parents? My parents didn't have a choice in their biological urges and their outcomes, and neither did I. My parents didn't provide for me because they were feeling generous, they provided for me because that was their job. Family, society, government, schools, churches all require it and judge people based how their children behave and turn out.

If your creator created me hungry and in need of food, I don't consider the fact that nature provides food to sustain my existence generosity, but duty. I shouldn't need to thank the creator for providing food for its creation that requires food to survive.

If this creator created everything, does it require every living thing to give it afterlife feed back and justify its creation and existence, or just humans? Why does this supposed creator need feedback from its creation?

Remember though, Christianity did have input into structuring the schools and societies, most of our good laws were created by god fearing members of the churches to try to better society. Our religion structured our family life too, it structured our communities. Look at how it is in Muslim countries, look how it is in countries where there is no religion or religious rights are not present, like China. Freedom of speech was actually created by Christian ethics. We are dealing with a whole different representation of Christianity than existed three hundred years ago...and of course, there are still some overzealous christian groups but most are getting better.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

It's really hard to accept the Bible is the word of God since it got the morality of slavery all wrong.

No. 1: St Paul’s advice about whether women are allowed to teach men in church:

“I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” (1 Timothy 2:12)

No. 2: In this verse, Samuel, one of the early leaders of Israel, orders genocide against a neighbouring people:

“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

No. 3: A command of Moses:

“Do not allow a sorceress to live.” (Exodus 22:18)

No. 4: The ending of Psalm 137, a psalm which was made into a disco calypso hit by Boney M, is often omitted from readings in church:

“Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.” (Psalm 137:9)

No. 5: Another blood-curdling tale from the Book of Judges, where an Israelite man is trapped in a house by a hostile crowd, and sends out his concubine to placate them:

“So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, ‘Get up; let’s go.’ But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.” (Judges 19:25-28)

No. 6: St Paul condemns homosexuality in the opening chapter of the Book of Romans:

“In the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.” (Romans 1:27)

No. 7: In this story from the Book of Judges, an Israelite leader, Jephthah, makes a rash vow to God, which has to be carried out:

“And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord, and said, ‘If you will give the Ammonites into my hand, then whoever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return victorious from the Ammonites, shall be the Lord’s, to be offered up by me as a burnt-offering.’ Then Jephthah came to his home at Mizpah; and there was his daughter coming out to meet him with timbrels and with dancing. She was his only child; he had no son or daughter except her. When he saw her, he tore his clothes, and said, ‘Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low; you have become the cause of great trouble to me. For I have opened my mouth to the Lord, and I cannot take back my vow.’” (Judges 11:30-1, 34-5)

No. 8: The Lord is speaking to Abraham in this story where God commands him to sacrifice his son:

‘Take your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt-offering on one of the mountains that I shall show you.’ (Genesis 22:2)

No. 9: “Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.” (Ephesians 5:22)

No. 10: “Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That's a good point. Getting people to stop having sex with animals was a great achievement!!! It really screws up evolution especially when the sex is with monkeys and other closely related species.

edit on 5-1-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
. Meh. I'd rather just believe in inhaling farts as my religion of choice. To each his own.

So do you have a name for this religion

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Love how he ignored the wisdom teeth reply

edit on 5-1-2019 by NightCall because: No

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: rickymouse

That's a good point. Getting people to stop having sex with animals was a great achievement!!! It really screws up evolution especially when the sex is with monkeys and other closely related species.

Yeah, the having sex with sheep was not good either, but it is still happening in some countries. I remember the saying that Fing the dog was not allowed at work.

posted on Jan, 5 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Toolman18

Perfect you say?

Wisdom teeth.

Quite clearly we ain't perfect.

Hahaha. Truth! Love how he ignored this statement.

(post by NightCall removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join