It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Flynn sentencing delayed as judge tells ex-Trump official: 'You sold your country out'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

How can I argue with this.....

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
Dude, the judge is referring to Flynn looking out for the interests of Turkey over those of the United States, that is why he accused Flynn of Treason. The judge is not an asshat, the only asshat is the guy who comments about a topic without knowing all the facts.

But tell me you're not enjoying the contortions.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

They have recordings of him talking to Kisliak. Thats how. And when they asked him about them... he lied.
Its really very simple dude.
Now you're gonna get into that unmasking bs again?
Time to admit you are wrong...

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Wut??? They listen in on the russian embassy all the time. They know that...
did russia set Flynn up too?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Only the word treason because its inflammatory and inaccurate in this case. He still thinks he's a sell out. And that has to hurt a man who gave so many years to his country. I bet his is as ashamed as a man can get today.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

They do not realize how ridiculous it all sounds. Thats the problem.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Well you can go participate in a thread you feel is worthy of your intellect huh?
Dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Well you can go participate in a thread you feel is worthy of your intellect huh?
Dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Same link page back ..... diet coke will damage brains

Some of Judge Sullivan’s sharpest rebukes involved Mr. Flynn’s lies about his lobbying work for the Turkish government. Wrongly asserting that Mr. Flynn continued to work as an unregistered foreign agent during his short tenure as national security adviser, the judge gestured to the American flag at his side and declared: “I mean, arguably, that undermines everything this flag over here stands for. Arguably, you sold your country out.”

So the Judge was a bit unhinged lol

edit on 12192018 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
i'm dying to know the identity of the mystery company. my gut says its a Saudi company..

Zainab Ahmad - who was at the mystery court last night - prosecutes mostly international terrorists targeting US citizens and has not lost a case.

she's on Mueller's team and she speaks Arabic.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

You do realize that the judge is privy to information that the public is not? You know, those pages and pages of redacted information. So, maybe he was working for Turkey while serving as the National Security Advisor, we just don’t know. Based on the vehemence in the judges voice and the lack of Flynn or his lawyers attempting to correct that statement for the record speaks volumes.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

They have recordings of him talking to Kisliak. Thats how. And when they asked him about them... he lied.
Its really very simple dude.
Now you're gonna get into that unmasking bs again?
Time to admit you are wrong...

so you admit they broke the law taping flynn?
very good

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dojozen

Insurance Policy Underwriters

seems underhanded tactics were in force

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
interesting in the meantime mccabe has been fired
interesting that flynns conversation, which should not have been taped or unmasked as NO CRIME was committed, was leaked and he has plead to a process crime from such

seems fair, right?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

a reply to: SlapMonkey

Manafort was one foot away from a grave through poison if he didn't get some money for Oleg Deripaska. He was waving his association with trump around like it was a blank check. Who knows what they may have agreed to. There was that meeting with Konstantin Kilimnik on Deripaska's behalf and we do not know what was promised in that but I have a feeling that Mueller does.

You can make whatever assumptions that you want to about what Mueller does and does not know--that's up to you if you want to play that game.

Your embracement of speculation based upon ideologically guided opinions on appearances, though, is a pointless way to bicker about this.

a reply to: SlapMonkey

was he so stupid he didnt know not to lie to the FBI?

And he told that same lie weeks before any alphabet people questioned him.

Again, not what I'm arguing at all. Stop with the moving of the goalposts in order to make it seem like I'm trying to say that he's not guilty of lying to the FBI. It's comical.
edit on 19-12-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

What I found interesting was the Judges outrage BEFORE he took a recess.

“All along, you were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the national security adviser to the president of the United States,” the judge said

“That undermines everything this flag over here stands for. Arguably you sold your country out.” He added that he wasn’t hiding his “disgust” and “disdain” over the crimes.

Now, when the judge returned after recess he walked back the statement: "you were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the national security adviser to the president of the United States,”

and most reporters wrote it off as confusion by the judge.

From what we know pulicly, Flynn was an "unregistered agent" during the campaign, not while in the WH as NSA.

But really, would the judge be confused about such an important fact?

This makes me think of how many paragraphs and entire areas that Flynn cooperated on were redacted from his Plea Agreement.

It's possible that the Judge let slip redacted/sealed parts of the plea agreement, namely that Flynn admitted working as an unregistered agent of a foreign government WHILE Trump was President.

During the recess the judge was made aware or realized he publicly discussed part of the plea agreement that was redacted and sealed and he walked back what he said.

Just a hypothesis, but it fits. I have a hard time believing that the Judge was confused about the specifics of the charges he was pleading to. There is another shoe to drop with Flynn IMO.

edit on 19-12-2018 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: knoxie

is mueller's investigation over?

It is corrupt and inept, we at least know that. Unfortunately, the circus is still ongoing.

But by now, without anything made known to use via leaks or otherwise, that there is a smoking gun, the reality is that this investigation is outliving its usefulness.

Legitimate investigations leak? Only illegitimate investigations are water tight?

How can you asses the investigations usefulness before it has offered a conclusion and evidence?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris
Legitimate investigations leak? Only illegitimate investigations are water tight?

What are you talking about? I didn't say that; you're reading between lines that do not exist.

How can you asses the investigations usefulness before it has offered a conclusion and evidence?

Because I have a professional understanding of the judicial system and how investigations should go, and this one is corrupt and outside of its prescribed scope.

It has outlived its usefulness as a legitimate investigation into Trump, his campaign, and either's involvement in a conspiracy to rig or otherwise affect the election.

Feel free to disagree if you want to, but I've already explained my reasoning numerous times and don't feel like doing it again.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Because I have a professional understanding of the judicial system and how investigations should go, and this one is corrupt and outside of its prescribed scope.

I have seen no evidence that the Special Counsel's Office is either corrupt or outside it's scope.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
i'm dying to know the identity of the mystery company. my gut says its a Saudi company..

Zainab Ahmad - who was at the mystery court last night - prosecutes mostly international terrorists targeting US citizens and has not lost a case.

she's on Mueller's team and she speaks Arabic.

The other Special Counsel Prosecutor that was there for both hearings on the Mystery case was Michael Dreeben.

Company A owned by Country A lost the subpoena appeal BTW.

Either way, this involved big guns by the Special Counsel.

Michael Dreeben
Meet the prosecutor experts say could be Robert Mueller’s Supreme Court closer
abcnews.go.com...

there is no human being, on the planet, with more knowledge about federal criminal law than Michael Dreeben, and no one with more expertise than him,

He has argued more than 100 cases before the U.S. Supreme Court, making him “only the second person to reach that rare milestone this century,” declared Chief Justice John Roberts during the court hearing that marked the occasion.

edit on 19-12-2018 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join