It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Flynn sentencing delayed as judge tells ex-Trump official: 'You sold your country out'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Buwahahahah
Yeah because they were taping Kisliak.... why don't you know theses things . You want to argue all the time and you completely ignore facts to do it.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Everyone who could confirm portions of the dossier have been fired or are in the process of being fired or are on some list of wish i could fire them...

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Buwahahahah
Yeah because they were taping Kisliak.... why don't you know theses things . You want to argue all the time and you completely ignore facts to do it.

they can tape kisliak all the live long day
unmasking and leaking flynn was a crime as flynns conversation with kisliak was completely legal

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Everyone who could confirm portions of the dossier have been fired or are in the process of being fired or are on some list of wish i could fire them...

yeah that is why steele himself in court records would not verify his own dossier
too much eggnog today Aunt Edna ?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

interesting that flynns conversation, which should not have been taped or unmasked as NO CRIME was committed, was leaked and he has plead to a process crime from such

seems fair, right?

You raise a good question. General Flynn, having led an intelligence agency for the Defense Department, served on various national security teams etc. knew much better than most that lying to the FBI was a serious crime that could cost him his career and send him to jail.

Discussing sanctions with Kislyak before Candidate Trump became President Trump? Against policy, embarrassing, but a technical slip-up at best.

Why knowingly risk everything to lie to the FBI about it? And the Vice President? His career? Potential jail time?
He could have simply said "ooops". Mildly embarrassing, but done.

Flynn is a lot of things but he is not stupid. He took that massive risk of lying over an otherwise minor thing for a reason.

That has been an unanswered question for a long time. What was Flynn trying to hide.

I think the judge offered a hint when he said this:
“All along, you were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the national security adviser to the president of the United States,”

He wasn't talking about Turkey

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris
Why knowingly risk everything to lie to the FBI about it? And the Vice President? His career? Potential jail time?

Money. It's always money. He likely believed that Turkey and, especially, the POTUS would protect him.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Dude, I know what the judge was referring to. The judge is an asshat for calling him a traitor. What was done is not selling out your country. I could give you real examples but I suspect you would ignore them no matter what.

People like the judge are traitors. Where were the judges like this one for decades while billions were made apeasing UN personnel and the rich Saudis?

Silence right? Right.
edit on 12 19 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Money. It's always money. He likely believed that Turkey and, especially, the POTUS would protect him.

He lied about a conversation with the Russian Ambassador/Spy Recruiter Sergey Kiselyak.
It wasn't his covert employment by Turkey he was trying to hide in that FBI encounter.

edit on 19-12-2018 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

If you had any idea what I looked like you would never make any old age jokes. I laugh every time I read one.
I showed my husband one and he was like come here you sexy grandma you.... then he wanted to punch you.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Here is an interesting tidbit on Judge Sullivan...

Here we have a guy that has $207,000,000 in cash stashed in his house in Mexico and is selling chemicals that are known to be used to make a controlled substance and marketed in the United States...

Who does the Judge side with?

Zhenli Ye Gon, who had 2 tonnes of US$100 bills in his home Ye Gon was alleged to be a member of the Sinaloa Cartel and involved in money laundering and drug trafficking.

www.shubinlaw.com...

Judge Emmet Sullivan was also skeptical of the government’s case. He asked prosecutors about how they planned to prove that Ye Gon knew the chemicals he was selling ultimately became meth that was then distributed in the United States as opposed to any other country. Justice lawyers, who were reluctant to reveal details of their investigation in open court, told the judge that most of the methamphetamine in the United States is made in secret labs in Mexico.

en.wikipedia.org...
Zhenli Ye Gon is a Chinese-Mexican businessman currently under suspicion of trafficking pseudoephedrine or ephedrine precursor chemicals into Mexico from Asia. He is the owner and legal representative of Unimed Pharm Chem México, as well as various other Mexican corporations.

makes me wonder who's all pocket was getting lined with all the cash not in the stash...

edit on 19-12-2018 by dojozen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I have seen no evidence that the Special Counsel's Office is either corrupt or outside it's scope.

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I missed all this. Wow! How did General Flynn "Sell his country out"? For such a dramatic declaration, I hope Judge Sullivan explained himself!

Remember, the sentencing documents we saw were heavily redacted. The ones the judge saw were not redacted. There must have been a biggie in there for the judge to go off like he did. I'm guessing that maybe it involved money for reducing sanctions. That would be "selling out your country." And that would be the bombshell that would be redacted.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: Cassi3l
Flynn even lied on the sentancing memo !

Being advised by the FBI prior to an interview is not the same as knowing something based on a general understanding.

Nuances matter in the judicial system, so, as it's worded in that quote, that is not a lie--Flynn could have known that lying in official statements in illegal, but that doesn't mean that he was advised about it nor that he was told that it was an official interview.

This stuff matters, and it needs to be understood by the average bear.

The statute defining Flynn's crime is 18 U.S.C. Sec. 1001. It states:

(a)  Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully--

(1)  falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact;

(2)  makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation;  or

(3)  makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry.
I does not say "whoever lies after being told that it is an official inquiry and after being advised that lying is a crime...."
If you lie to a government official in a matter within their jurisdiction, it's a crime. Period.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

Is it false the judge’s rant was based off the judge getting dates wrong. Nice try at innuendo.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dojozen

You are suggesting the Sinola Drug Cartel paid Judge Sullivan to show disgust during the sentencing hearing of General Flynn?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Somebody please quote from Flynn’s own words where he knowingly and willfully lied?

As in provide the actual quoted interview responses that are knowingly and willful lies?

edit on 19-12-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 19-12-2018 by neutronflux because: Clarified

edit on 19-12-2018 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

OP... JUST CURIOUS...

Why did you not INCLUDE the Judges after recess vociferous apology for his comments? Nearly EVERY outlet, even the left leaning ones included that information in their reporting of this strange exchange.

Either the judge realized, or someone pointed out to him, that the lobby work was prior to his appt as DNS.

Any reason you left that out?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Like, gag me with a spoonn!

This here dates to what, 30 yrs ago ?
Still seems relevent to me

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
One thing it seems a lot of people do not take into account:

Michael Flynn, in exchange for his cooperation, is agreeing to a plea deal.

It is common in these plea cases for the prosecution to then drop many charges and indict the defendant with lesser charges.

Michael Flynn is being charged with lying to the FBI precisely because it's some smaller bullsh*t charge, instead of the myriad crimes it seems he has most likely committed.

All these idiots make arguments like lying to the FBI is all they have on him.

That was the gift charge they are giving him for cooperating, instead of a list of crap, like trying to assist Turkey in rendering/kidnapping someone, and being completely disgraced.

My god, stunning how dense people are.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Buwahahahah

You Do know that we always tape foreigners everyday right? Flynn even said that you guys(FBI)already know everything before they even had the meeting.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join