It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Flynn sentencing delayed as judge tells ex-Trump official: 'You sold your country out'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

*The scheduled sentencing of former national security advisor Michael Flynn was postponed Tuesday less than two hours after it began.
* Flynn accepted an offer to delay the sentencing when Judge Emmet Sullivan warned he might send Flynn to jail for lying to FBI agents about his conversations for Russia's ambassador to the United States shortly before President Donald Trump took office.
*The judge told Flynn that "arguably you sold your country out."

I think they may have gotten this judge on a bad day. Apparently he was angered by the comments made by Flynns lawyers saying that he was tricked into lying to the FBI. Story about that here www.nytimes.com...
And transcript of Flynns conversation with the FBI that is in question is here www.cnn.com...

The scheduled sentencing of former national security advisor Michael Flynn was postponed Tuesday after an explosive hearing at which a judge told Flynn "arguably you sold your country out" — and warned he might send the fallen Army general to jail if he did not accept an offered delay in sentencing. Flynn was due to be sentenced Tuesday for lying to FBI agents about his conversations with Russia's then-ambassador to the United States Sergey Kislyak in the weeks before President Donald Trump took office. Federal guidelines recommended a sentence of zero to six months in jail.

Sentencing has been delayed for another ninety days. Flynns lawyers have agreed that further cooperation may take place during that time.
and the judge has suggested that that could result in a reduction of sentence.

The delay will allow Flynn to possibly help federal prosecutors in Virginia with a new case. In that case, two former Flynn associates are charged of conspiring in a plot with Flynn to push for the extradition for an exiled Turkish cleric to Turkey, without informing the United States government they were acting as agents for a foreign country."

More about that here www.apnews.com...
In reaction to this the judge says..." you sold out your country"

All along, you were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the National Security Advisor to the President of the United States," Sullivan told Flynn, referring to that other case, for which Flynn was not charged. ""That undermines everything this flag over here stands for," the judge said. "Arguably you sold your country out.

Come March they will revisit his sentence. The judge said that certainly the sentence will be different once Flynn is done cooperating saying that the country would like to know that they have gotten everything they can from him before that occurs.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Apparently Flynn thought for some reason that lying to the FBI is not a federal crime. He's had 19 interviews with Mueller's team. I wonder how many more he'll have before he finally lays out everything he knows?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

He admitted that he knew that lying to them was a crime.
They are going to use his knowledge of the plan to extradite that turkish national against the two associates charged in that case.
And trump is still looking for a way to make that happen to placate Turkey who is outraged about the murder of Koshoji in Istanbul.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I missed all this. Wow! How did General Flynn "Sell his country out"? For such a dramatic declaration, I hope Judge Sullivan explained himself!

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Apparently Flynn thought for some reason that lying to the FBI is not a federal crime. He's had 19 interviews with Mueller's team. I wonder how many more he'll have before he finally lays out everything he knows?

Naw, the FBI did him dirty. They conducted an unofficial interview with him in a side room in the White House. If you were casually chatting to police or FBI and they asked if you committed any crimes, what would you say? Of course you wouldn't incriminate yourself. Whoops, it really was an official interview, without any whitehouse clearance or legal counsel. And the "crime" is lying to the FBI. It's not an actual crime of say, collusion or stealing or anything.

If Flynn wasn't tied to Trump the FBI wouldn't have interviewed him a gazillion times hoping to catch him on some technicality.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
not how it was reported here

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

So what were the circumstances when he told the same lie to whitehouse staff?
He was fired for lying to Vice Pres Pence about this very thing.
What was Pence doing to trick a three star general into lying?
That is a weak argument.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

from farther down in the linked article

Sullivan later said: “I wasn’t suggesting he was committing treason. I was just curious if he could have been charged. Lots of conspiracy theories out there. Not taking any uncalled offenses into consideration. Was trying to consider benefit. I’m not suggesting treason. ”

also

Flynn told Sullivan that he did not want to withdraw his guilty plea or to challenge the fairness of the FBI interview that led to his plea.
Flynn’s lawyer told the judge he had not been entrapped by the FBI. “I was aware” that lying to the FBI was a crime, Flynn said, declining an offer by Sullivan to postpone the sentencing.

still no russian bogeyman

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

nope, Flynn said he was NOT entrapped by the fbi.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

What is different?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

is mueller's investigation over?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Right.... in the long conversation with this judge Flynn was given multiple chances to claim that he was tricked and that his guilty plea was in fact not sincere. In every instance Flynn declined.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

from farther down in the linked article

Sullivan later said: “I wasn’t suggesting he was committing treason. I was just curious if he could have been charged. Lots of conspiracy theories out there. Not taking any uncalled offenses into consideration. Was trying to consider benefit. I’m not suggesting treason. ”

also

Flynn told Sullivan that he did not want to withdraw his guilty plea or to challenge the fairness of the FBI interview that led to his plea.
Flynn’s lawyer told the judge he had not been entrapped by the FBI. “I was aware” that lying to the FBI was a crime, Flynn said, declining an offer by Sullivan to postpone the sentencing.

still no russian bogeyman

Reposted for truth as the liberal media and its sycophants, as demostrated, will try to twist the context.

Very good 😍

This thread is dismissed 😌

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

lots of differences if you watched the clip and compared it to what you have posted

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

i wonder how many conspiracy theories bit the dust with that addmission. it's funny.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

There is a lot more at the link. I can only include so much and remain within the terms and conditions.

And I think if you look at the link I gave for the transcript for Flynns interview with the FBI you will see that there was a lot more contact with the russians than we were aware of. There is enough there for another thread. The case for conspiracy against the United States is being made no matter how much you deny it.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Hardly....

link   
Strange that the judge berated Flynn for "selling out his country" by acting as an unregistered agent, when Flynn hasn't even been charged with that crime, much less plead guilty to it.

You assumed facts not in evidence, your honor.

link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

But that is in the article that I linked.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Enough to ruin trumps xmas. The best is yet to come....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join