It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Flynn sentencing delayed as judge tells ex-Trump official: 'You sold your country out'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Well the story about being tricked was obviously a bid for a presidential pardon down the road.
But the judge was like.... um no dude if you are not guilty I will not start taking guilty pleas from innocent men.
so which is it...

The fact he was officially fired for lying to VP Pence proves that. He told he the same lie he told the FBI and Pence had no henchmen twisting arms.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Judge Sullivan, a Reagan appointed judge ...

As the hearing opened, judge Sullivan seized on a dubious argument Flynn’s legal team had made in a sentencing memo. While Flynn accepted guilt, the memo said, he had not been advised prior to an FBI interview that lying to the agents was illegal.

Sullivan expressed concern that Flynn had not accepted his guilt after all, asking Flynn’s lawyer, Rob Kelner, whether he believed Flynn was entrapped by the FBI. “No, your honor,” said Kelner.

Asked whether he was aware that lying to the FBI was illegal, Flynn replied: “I was aware.”

Flynn even lied on the sentancing memo !

Then there's this nice bit of irony too :

At the Republican national convention in July 2016, Flynn became the first major Trump campaign figure to join the Republican crowd in a “lock her up” chant directed at the Democratic presidential nominee, Hillary Clinton.

“We do not need a reckless president who believes SHE is above the law,” Flynn said, at which the “lock her up” chant began. “Lock her up. That’s right,” Flynn said. “Yeah that’s right, lock her up.”

Flynn, Cohen and Manafort, although imortant to Trump's woes
are still more akin to 2nd tier fiddlers in the grand scheme of things
sparks'll really start flying when Junior's collar gets felt !

link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: shooterbrody

is mueller's investigation over?

have any americans been charged with assisting the russian bogeymen?
some "investigation" you got there

+9 more 
link   
JUDGE ADMITS HE WAS WRONG.
OP may wish to point that out in order to be honest.

Judge Sullivan apologizes for his “treason” comments, noting that he was confused about the dates during which Flynn acted as a foreign agent.

“I felt terrible about that,” he reportedly said. “I’m not suggesting he committed treason,” Sullivan adds, further apologizing for his remarks in the prior session.

bigleaguepolitics.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: knoxie

Right.... in the long conversation with this judge Flynn was given multiple chances to claim that he was tricked and that his guilty plea was in fact not sincere. In every instance Flynn declined.

Why do you think he did that?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

I thought I read he was appointed by Clinton.

“We do not need a reckless president who believes SHE is above the law,” Flynn said, at which the “lock her up” chant began. “Lock her up. That’s right,” Flynn said. “Yeah that’s right, lock her up.”

Theres some sweet message about karma in all of this.

link   

There is a lot more at the link. I can only include so much and remain within the terms and conditions.

And I think if you look at the link I gave for the transcript for Flynns interview with the FBI you will see that there was a lot more contact with the russians than we were aware of. There is enough there for another thread. The case for conspiracy against the United States is being made no matter how much you deny it.

then why did they not charge him with conspiracy?
the govt has only charged him with lying to the fbi and recommended no jail time
when you get actual charges against an american for some kind of conspiracy bring back your shine box
you are being disingenuous (no surprise) when you mention any conspiracy as the govt lawyer was asked directly about such and indicated they found NONE

as to the crap with turkey, have others in dc been allowed to file retroactively for fara paperwork?
more double standards from those wishing to cover their asses

link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

2 years on. How many million spent and still nothing on Trump? CNN tells you its any day now!

So by the end of his first term, he'll be the first elected POTUS that is subjected to that.

.. And to think this would all have been avoided if the retarde dems wouldn't have cheated Barnie over the nomination.. Kinda feel sorry for Trump having to endure all this BS.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

2 years on. How many million spent and still nothing on Trump?

hey mueller is going to get those 14 russians tho, if he can get past discovery.......

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

is it over?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

is it over?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

is mueller's investigation over?

It is corrupt and inept, we at least know that. Unfortunately, the circus is still ongoing.

And I don't say that out of fear for Trump or anyone--guilty people within the scope of the investigation should be tried and punished accordingly if guilty. But by now, without anything made known to use via leaks or otherwise, that there is a smoking gun, the reality is that this investigation is outliving its usefulness.

Like I've said before, at this point, either Mueller is the best keeper of secrets in the universe, or he still has nothing.

Apparently, this judge knows it, too.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l
Flynn even lied on the sentancing memo !

Being advised by the FBI prior to an interview is not the same as knowing something based on a general understanding.

Nuances matter in the judicial system, so, as it's worded in that quote, that is not a lie--Flynn could have known that lying in official statements in illegal, but that doesn't mean that he was advised about it nor that he was told that it was an official interview.

This stuff matters, and it needs to be understood by the average bear.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

nor that he was told that it was an official interview.

yeah nothing shady there

“I sent them. Something we’ve, I probably wouldn’t have done or maybe gotten away with in a more organized investigation, a more organized administration. In the George W. Bush administration … or the Obama administration, two men that all of us, perhaps, have increased appreciation for over the last two years. In both of those administrations there was process.” “So if the FBI wanted to send agents into the White House itself to interview a senior official, you would work through the White House counsel and there would be discussions and approvals and it would be there. I thought, ‘It’s early enough, let’s just send a couple of guys over.’”
---James Comey

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Mueller has filed paperwork to keep his Witch Hunt going well into 2019. It's a tragedy that President Trump or Matthew Whitaker does not put a stop to this BS.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

is it over?

don't mean a hill a beans cuz it ain't over yet. lol

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: samuelsson

How much taxpayer money went (so far) on the Mueller thing ?
17 million greenbacks, baby
... wow

law in action costs big bucks, don'cha know !

Shocking money
Even so ... you knew right,
that each time ol' Spanky Bone-Spurs
takes off to Marraaah-laaah-gahhh
That's a cool Million a pop !!

Right ?

In the same time frame as the Mueller gig,
There have been 12 if them there 'pops'
16 more are all ready scheduled !

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

when did anyone say they found none?

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

when did anyone say they found none?

read your link and what the govt prosecutor told the judge
jesus its your link

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

he told the same lie to Pence..... explain that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join