It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish doctor warns: Vegan food may lead to mental retardation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

As long as he can also extend the quality of life.

Digitize our existence all the same and the sky is literally the limit, transcending biology is the ticket.

But would something be lost in translation? Are we greater than the sum of our parts?
edit on 8-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
whats so it like the chicken and the egg.

Is mental retardation caused by veganism or is veganism the cause of mental retardation?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I've always wondered what was wrong with my sister.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: djz3ro

As long as he can also extend the quality of life.

He said he only wants to live as long as he has good quality of life. I think its genetic programing.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Probably, im 43 and still have all my own teeth bar one dental veneer at the front. Do you? Because with an attitude like that you might not keep them long. x

What attitude would that be? I like the discussion certainly have no malice.
I am almost twice your age youngen! I am missing one tooth recently infected with Lyme but have 4 wisdom teeth makes up for it!

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: kaylaluv
That one I will have to disagree with. If you had the teeth of a true carnivore, you would be able to easily rip the fresh flesh off of a carcass, fur and all. I’d like to see you try that!

Our jaws and teeth are technically strong enough to sever our own fingers from our bodies, we simply don't do it out of self preservation.

In other words, we could absolutely be true carnivores and rip the raw flesh from our food. Remember the Miami Zombie Dude? He ate a guy's face off him. It's a twisted point, but makes mine none the less.

Mongolian nomads, since the days of the Mongols (Genghis Khan) live about 98% off meat their entire lives. Live off the land. Ride hard. Work hard. A hard life out there. And even by modern standards their life expectancy isn't much lower than anywhere else.

The even consume the blood of their herd critters. In fact the Mongol's would drink the blood from their horses from horseback while they rode across the continent.

Body and muscle runs on proteins brain on carbs they won't know their lives stink anyway.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

My mistake then sir, just seemed like a rather obtuse statement, or possibly that's just me on this occasion.

I only ever got 2 of my wisdom teeth myself, apparently, they can be murder for some.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingJames
a reply to: Drucifer

Yeah but you get b Vitamins from animal meat.. what blood type are you? Certain blood types need meat more than others.

In choosing to use fortified foods or B12 supplements, vegans are taking their B12 from the same source as every other animal on the planet - micro-organisms - without causing suffering to any sentient being or causing environmental damage.

www.vegansociety.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SeaWorthy

My mistake then sir, just seemed like a rather obtuse statement, or possibly that's just me on this occasion.

I only ever got 2 of my wisdom teeth myself, apparently, they can be murder for some.

It was with a laugh on my end

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Human teeth are very capable of ripping flesh.
I'll spare you all the details.
Just trust me. I know this based on empirical observation of more than one situation that got way out of control.
Ears, a nose, fingers, other choice cuts of meat...human teeth easily snip through them.
Almost like they were evolved to do so.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Nyiah

That one I will have to disagree with. If you had the teeth of a true carnivore, you would be able to easily rip the fresh flesh off of a carcass, fur and all. I’d like to see you try that!

Our jaws and teeth are technically strong enough to sever our own fingers from our bodies, we simply don't do it out of self preservation.

In other words, we could absolutely be true carnivores and rip the raw flesh from our food. Remember the Miami Zombie Dude? He ate a guy's face off him. It's a twisted point, but makes mine none the less.

Mongolian nomads, since the days of the Mongols (Genghis Khan) live about 98% off meat their entire lives. Live off the land. Ride hard. Work hard. A hard life out there. And even by modern standards their life expectancy isn't much lower than anywhere else.

The even consume the blood of their herd critters. In fact the Mongol's would drink the blood from their horses from horseback while they rode across the continent.

Body and muscle runs on proteins brain on carbs they won't know their lives stink anyway.

The brain actually uses fats www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Who funded this research, Danish bacon?

I can see where he is coming from though, most of the vegetarians and vegans I know are underweight and sallow looking. The ones carrying a bit of weight are cheats I'm guessing.

What's wrong with being "underweight"? And who is to decide what weight is right for everyone?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
whats so it like the chicken and the egg.

Is mental retardation caused by veganism or is veganism the cause of mental retardation?

..you realize you said the same thing twice right?

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Being a vegan is a luxury modern civilization allows us.

It isn't natural though.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yeah I know what I said

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yeah I know what I said

then if you know what you said, it doesnt go with the "chicken and the egg" thing.....

sooooooooooo

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Having met and known many Vegans I can confirm that there is no MAY bout it. It definitely does.

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I like vegan food, but then I like all food.
Especially steak or pizza or steak and pizza!
I even eat chicken bones.

I like vegan food too. I raise all of my dinners with it.

(post by Carcharadon removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 9 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Doing Vegan correctly is HARD.

Most don't do Vegan correctly.

I totally agree with that. If one does vegan correctly, one can be very healthy.

I have canine teeth -- I am a carnivore.

That one I will have to disagree with. If you had the teeth of a true carnivore, you would be able to easily rip the fresh flesh off of a carcass, fur and all. I’d like to see you try that! Also, carnivores do not need anything but meat to thrive.

I think actually, humans would be considered omnivores, in that we can survive on both meats and vegetables.

There's no reason to "think" we are omnivores. That's been a pretty well established fact for the 42 years I've been on this Earth.

We may not be carnivores but we are most definitely predators. Mammals- eyes on the sides= prey. Eyes facing forward= predator.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join