It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish doctor warns: Vegan food may lead to mental retardation

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: kaylaluv
That one I will have to disagree with. If you had the teeth of a true carnivore, you would be able to easily rip the fresh flesh off of a carcass, fur and all. I’d like to see you try that!

Our jaws and teeth are technically strong enough to sever our own fingers from our bodies, we simply don't do it out of self preservation.

In other words, we could absolutely be true carnivores and rip the raw flesh from our food. Remember the Miami Zombie Dude? He ate a guy's face off him. It's a twisted point, but makes mine none the less.

I would like to see you try. There is no way you could directly rip off a hide and devour flesh from a cadaver with your teeth without some form of added intervention. It is absurd to think that the human teeth are made to do that. They are however perfect for eating and masticating fruit.
edit on 14-12-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

You know whats weird, my caloric intake has actually increased since I went paleo/keto. I am also down to 158 lbs from around 205 when I started 4-5 years ago. I am able to just walk for exercise to maintain my weight now.

No additional supplements or vitamins. I basically eat 4-5 strips of bacon, 4 eggs cooked in onions and red peppers for every breakfast, a large salad and then an enormous supper. I love gluttony and eat to satiation daily.

My health has also been steadily improving since I began the paleo way of life. My gums have went from 7-9 mm pockets to everything being 3mm or less now. No bleeding, no more toothaches. Dentist calls it superstar results, where he had thought surgery was going to be needed.

No more sinus issues. No more headaches. No more acid reflux/heartburn.

I think it is all about the TYPE of food you consume, nothing to do with calories.

The type and not the calories? LOL!
Try telling that to an anorexic person....
Answer me this - how many calories do you consume a day? how many calories do you burn a day? And how do you know?

Keto/Paleo? Atkins is the new paleo is the new keto is the new... whatever someone comes up with in 2019 to make small fortune for a few years before changing the brand again.

Anytime an individual changes their nutritional habits the weight just falls off (mostly water weight at first). They feel better simply because of the change... it's your body learning how to process things all over again, light re-lighting a fire after it's burned out. Problem is most of these diets are not sustainable for life.

Supervised ketosis is good for extreme cases but not so good for the general population. Feel good now, wait on a liver transplant list later. Also, while you're losing muscle keep in mind that your heart is also a muscle.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

We don't need to rip, or tear...

Since the earliest days of humanities existence, when we stepped away from our tree dwelling ancestors, we've been tool users, no matter how crude, they were far superior to our teeth for cutting away hide and what have you.

We are, however much some seem to want it, a predatory species, omnivorous by necessity, since a human can not live well on a strictly carnivorous diet.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: KiwiNite

Now that's true enough.

According to many guidelines, I'm morbidly obese. 6'4" 280 lbs. You'd have a hard time finding all that much extraneous weight.

Somehow or other, I've maintained between 270 and 280, for the last 20 years, and I'm not one to watch what I eat all that closely. Try for balance in my diet, but sometimes that's a cheeseburger in either hand.

I'm in the same boat, 6'5" 280, waist 41, 59 years old, and I still bench 275 with everything else aligned correctly in weight lifting, but I'm morbidly obese. Funny part is back when I was in the best shape of my life when I was in my 20s my waist was 36/37... go figure

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

How is that irrelevant? That's the entire point. Yes, plants are alive but there's zero evidence that they experience pain or are in any way sentient....probably due to the fact that they don't have a central nervous system. But go ahead, start Googling and posting the articles I get sent by anti-vegans regularly that discuss plants sensing danger and communicating with each other. I've already read it. While I'm not about to go cutting trees down in celebration of killing plants, there's no evidence that has proven plants feel pain.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

If it's about animals feeling pain, then why can't Vegans eat things like Crab, Lobster or other animals that have no capacity to feel pain and are literally just biological machines with zero self awareness? They lack even the part of the brain to allow for them to suffer. For that matter fish are just swimming biological machines also. They do not suffer, nor are they aware of their mortality.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I would disagree with everyone saying that animals and plants don't have some sort of awareness. Does a pig feel more pain than a crab? Very likely because it has a more developed nervous system. But I doubt a crab doesn't feel pain because it also has a nervous system. Plants probably feel a sense of loss, and they have biological responses to this, but not "pain" as animals and insects probably feel it.

Another thing is what's to stop a higher alien sentience feeding off of us if they use the excuse that they are much more advanced and aware? I think the human digestive system is most like monkey and gorilla digestive system and that's adapted to eating fruits and nuts, with vegetation material as a secondary option but not as good.

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
a reply to: tanstaafl

How is that irrelevant?

Ummm...

That's the entire point. Yes, plants are alive but there's zero evidence that they experience pain or are in any way sentient....probably due to the fact that they don't have a central nervous system. But go ahead, start Googling and posting the articles I get sent by anti-vegans regularly that discuss plants sensing danger and communicating with each other. I've already read it. While I'm not about to go cutting trees down in celebration of killing plants, there's no evidence that has proven plants feel pain.

My question explained the irrelevancy. Whether or not plants experience life the same as animals is irrelevant.

I ask again... are they alive, or not?

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.
Retardation leads to vegan food

Vegan foods could be wrapped up in bacon....I’m determined to try the “beyond meat” plant based burger when the price comes down a bit, but with bacon 🥓

posted on Dec, 26 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

My first experience with it was interesting. We honestly thought we were delivered actual burgers instead of the Beyond Burgers. That said, after cooking them at home I think they're disgusting. They smell exactly how they taste, raw or cooked. Something about that throws the entire experience off for me. Texture wise, they got it pretty good and someone who enjoys a medium rare burger can eat one and probably not bitch much. The Beyond Sausages though, man, the hot Italian ones are KILLER, especially on the grill. I didn't stop eating animals because I didn't like the taste, so it's definitely nice to have some quality products available for the rare occasion I don't eat a whole food.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The danish are pretty good they banned Marmite because It causes cancer.
Our teeth aren't designed to eat vegetables we don't have thick enough enamel we are only meant to eat fruit once you reach a certain age meat starts becoming indigestible bit like the lactase enzyme stopping in everyone by the age of 40,
5% of dairy Is lactose.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jinni73
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The danish are pretty good they banned Marmite because It causes cancer.
Our teeth aren't designed to eat vegetables we don't have thick enough enamel we are only meant to eat fruit once you reach a certain age meat starts becoming indigestible bit like the lactase enzyme stopping in everyone by the age of 40,
5% of dairy Is lactose.

Wait......you thnk our enamel isnt thick enough to eat vegetables, but not fruit? You do know that citric acid is considerably harder on enamel than that of veggies?

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
of course not having any meat would cause problems, we evolved a omnivores digestive system, teeth and etc, the gallbladder existing is the biggest proof of our need for meat protein and animal fat.

plants are great and all but humans are predators first before anything and us having the greatest intellect proves that fact, the best stamina and greatest throwing strength also proves that, heck being bipedal proves that too, vegetables, nuts and etc are nice but they're better used for just in case situations when meat isn't available, as a supplement, meat is supposed to be our primary food source not vegetables or nuts.

farming food is a luxury that has spoiled humanity and made us forget what we are, what we can do and how strong we actually are. modern technology has only made it worse.

for westerners it's even more so if you look how much bigger we naturally are than every other group, we need meat even more or we get sick or suffer in some way that isn't obvious right away.

maybe i'm not basing this on any science but it's pretty obvious just by observation alone.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Ummm maybe you should research genetically modified foods there are some really informative books out there by people Involved in creating these foods which have been proven to cause diabetes and scitzophrenia whilst grinding down our villi in our stomach

The cyanide oestrogen and phenol levels are not viewed as being too healthy once you start to research eating seeds from grasses and the high arsenic levels in rice have even been noted by the FDA as worrying.

And you are obviously not aware that heat breaks protein and makes It useless to humans

maybe you would need to do a little more research you could start with a book titled wheat belly this shows wheat causes diabetes and scitzophrenia in more than 1 % of those who eat It.

so their main issue was pandering to the Vegan who was fading quickly trying to survive on just wild edible plants.

Fritz Albert Popp built a machine to detect the light particles In foods he proved If you eat certain fruits that they can heal the body of cancer his research has been attacked by scientists who don't have the same tools as Popp, Popp was regarded as way ahead of everyone else so how can people with a lesser Intellect and no specially built machine be able to discredit him
so If the body has been proven to regenerate eating wild foods how can the body go into reverse maybe this was a show being filmed with the intention to discredit eating wild foods?
Popps Bio

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

your stomach absorbs fruit within 20 minutes this is why it Is given to sports players at half time due to the immediate availability of energy
parsley Is the quickest digested of all vegetables 1 hour 45 minutes

your teeth break down from the Inside our teeth also develop a resistance to sugars and bacteria around the age of 15
when you consume bromelain In pineapple it literally eats your tissue but Its Ok It regenerates.

Our bodies were designed to live on just minerals this is why when their are reports in the press of droughts In africa they normally always mention the population are eating dirt

I'm out of time

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

Actually it's apparent you have never been in a survival situation. You are limited to only what's available at the time and in the winter, it's all about meat. You don't eat meat, you die. It is as simple as that. Do you know what a survival trip is by the way. Living entirely off the land with all wild foods? In that environment you need around 5,000 calories a day and try to get that from the few available plants if it happens to be the right season. The show was about survival, nothing else. Go ahead have someone drop you off in the wild and see how the first 30 days go as a Vegan. Be prepared to be extracted on a stretcher.

Vegan is not natural because you could not survive as a Vegan living off the land. It's absurd to think or say otherwise and it is what it is.

Protein is useless to humans. Try living without it. Anyone saying they can is not being honest. Starving children for it would be child abuse IMO.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Veganism does NOT cause retardation!

Retardation causes veganism.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
You are not researching. You are seeking out lies that fit your narrative, then swallowing them whole because you lack the knowledge to determine truth from lies in a field about which you know nothing. Get yourself some real education in biology and then you will have the tools to know when you are researching, and when you are being fed a pack of lies by the conspiracy industry. Virtually everything you said is demonstrably incorrect. Track down the sources of all that misinformation and you find that most end at a guy simply stating he read it in "a study". One which does not exist. When the data presented by one side, is backed up by reality, and comes from real research, and the argument presented by the other, always leads back to a lie and is transparently incorrect to anyone with basic knowledge in the relevant fields...well, it only takes average intelligence or above to see that the whole anti-GMO camp is either deliberately lying, or unaware that they're lying. They're lower than anti-vaxxers. At least antivaxxers are only trying to murder their own children and those of their idiotic little cult

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It seems this doctor stumbled upon a conundrum similar to the chicken or the egg question.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Danish bacon? I don't know.

But I do know bacon Danish:

dw75asfpu22ml.cloudfront.net...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join