It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So much for Global Warming

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: StoneCircles

I'm gonna throw you a bone: yes, the planet seems to be warming. Now, what does that mean?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoneCircles

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I am using my brain.

That's why I remain a skeptic and refuse to blindly accept climate dogma.

It's not settled science, there are too many variables yet to be determined.

what variable then specifically?

How about the studies that show a cooling trend?

Why are those studies discounted?

because ALL the data says we are warming. Literally thats what the actual data says. You cant just make up data for a cooling when it doesn't exist.

But if you use google, and I know you know how, there are studies that show a cooling trend.

So you just discount those studies because they don't fit your narrative?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The sensors are mainly in cities that are warmer than the country. Our local one was 5 miles out of town till the people sold the land now like most it's on the roof at the high school. My grandfather used to keep a book for the government and turn in a report every month and the book at the end of the year. A lot of farmers used to do it.

Now it's automatic from the top of a black roof next to 5 acres of black pavement. I bet it's getting warmer!!

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I am using my brain.

That's why I remain a skeptic and refuse to blindly accept climate dogma.

It's not settled science, there are too many variables yet to be determined.

what variable then specifically?

How about the studies that show a cooling trend?

Why are those studies discounted?

because ALL the data says we are warming. Literally thats what the actual data says. You cant just make up data for a cooling when it doesn't exist.

But if you use google, and I know you know how, there are studies that show a cooling trend.

So you just discount those studies because they don't fit your narrative?

ok, link one then

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
a reply to: DBCowboy

The sensors are mainly in cities that are warmer than the country. Our local one was 5 miles out of town till the people sold the land now like most it's on the roof at the high school. My grandfather used to keep a book for the government and turn in a report every month and the book at the end of the year. A lot of farmers used to do it.

Now it's automatic from the top of a black roof next to 5 acres of black pavement. I bet it's getting warmer!!

all those complaints are thoroughly addressed here.

skepticalscience.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

www.investors.com...

so yeah thats a teeny tiny little multi month snip where it cooled for a tiny while.

meanwhile the ALL of the 30 year average data points show a clear and blatant warming trend. I mean just look at the arctic melting in just a few decades.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-11-2018 by StoneCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
x

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

I've been waiting for another ice storm like we had back in the early 90's. We lost electricity for 2 weeks and spent all of our time bundled up by the fireplace. I bet my parents hated having to replace all the food we lost. I was only 10 or 11.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

www.investors.com...

ah! now I see what they did!

previous to this was an Elnino event, so temps rose considerably higher than average then fell again. So they used that data point in the middle of the El nino as the starting then when the temps (naturally) fell after the el nino that was their ending.

then they tried to make it seem that this shows no global warming. Its incredible dishonest and blatantly wrong.

It seems the author may be cherry picking some data. I went to the link indicated data.giss.nasa.gov... and see that there were large declines for lower latitudes (Fig. 2, bottom line), but the most recent one looks almost exactly like previous declines after strong El Niño events (1983 and 1997). The global average decline is fairly strong (Fig. 2, upper line), but it has not dropped anywhere near the 1980 level. So all I see is the normal drop following a strong El Niño event and the continued slow increase in global temperatures over the long term (i.e., multi decade).

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I wonder if the original poster has looked for evidence of than an area 50 miles from Chicago.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JimD350

Here in NW La we had snow in the first part of November. I can't recall that ever happening. I'm not saying that constitutes a cooling trend, but I will say that we've been below average on temperatures for a couple of months.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: jrod

Huh, imagine that ... record cold doesn't debunk MMGW, but every summer when someone has record warmth somewhere, it totally proves it.

That is a straw man argument.

3 record setting months in a row is a climate indicator, one day of a record low is not.

You guys really need to check your sources. You are presenting opinion pieces and faulty graphs as your checkmark argument against the reality of climate change.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: JimD350

Here in NW La we had snow in the first part of November. I can't recall that ever happening. I'm not saying that constitutes a cooling trend, but I will say that we've been below average on temperatures for a couple of months.

why dont you look at actual data then?

you can see from real life data here that you have been mostly above average all year except for a brief cold snap this month, so looks like an overall warming trend to me.

www.weather.gov...

seriously, dont just base your opinions on feelings and emotions, find real data and actual facts.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

And what?

You do realize that in the past both in Roman time and in Medieval times, the AVERAGE GLOBAL temperature was warmer than it is today and we managed to avoid Armageddon then, right?

Heck the AVERAGE GLOBAL temperature has also been much, much warmer at times in the distant past too, and life kept chugging along just fine.

So if we know that AVERAGE GLOBAL temperature has been much warmer, sometimes much, much warmer at times in the past, then how do we know this time is any different? Just because we're here and can measure the warming as it happens? And why assume that this time out of all the others is different and not a natural product of climate processes? Because we're here and can measure it happening?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is a myth that keeps being repeated.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And what?

You do realize that in the past both in Roman time and in Medieval times, the AVERAGE GLOBAL temperature was warmer than it is today and we managed to avoid Armageddon then, right?

Heck the AVERAGE GLOBAL temperature has also been much, much warmer at times in the distant past too, and life kept chugging along just fine.

So if we know that AVERAGE GLOBAL temperature has been much warmer, sometimes much, much warmer at times in the past, then how do we know this time is any different? Just because we're here and can measure the warming as it happens? And why assume that this time out of all the others is different and not a natural product of climate processes? Because we're here and can measure it happening?

in the past the temp changed very very slowly over long periods of time, this allowed organisms time to evolve.

currently its changing at an insane pace, WAY WAY faster than animals/plants can evolve, this is due to the MASSIVE amount of CO2 we are spewing into the atmosphere at record rates. This means many many many deaths of plants, animals and humans.

As for the MWP - While the Medieval Warm Period saw unusually warm temperatures in some regions, globally the planet was cooler than current conditions. Since that early century warming, temperatures have risen well-beyond those achieved during the Medieval Warm Period across most of the globe.

this link here explains it quite well, I suggest you read thru it as it will clear many things up for youl

www.skepticalscience.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Next thing we know, you'll be saying that Brawndo don't have electrolytes that plants crave!

TheRedneck

Awesome

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
I live about 50 miles South West of Chicago.

It was 17 degrees when I went to work this morning.

Springfield, Illinois set a record for the most snow they ever had in November. It only snowed 2 times.

NASA is predicting a very cold winter due to a solar minimum.

So much for Global Warming.

Yep...Their Global Warming fiasco failed to they had to invent a new phrase, Climate Change, to scam us with...

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

It's not the weather in Chicago that concerns me. It's the weather in Greenland and Antarctica.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join