It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So much for Global Warming

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
New Treeline, Permafrost Evidence Strongly Affirms The Mid-Holocene Was 3°C Warmer Than Today

The sources are referenced in the article. The mid holocene was about 6000 years ago.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: CryHavoc

Just so you know..50 miles south west of Chicago is not the globe, it does not represent the globe, it means nothing.

It snowed though! Proof that the climate is getting colder!

I know! And guess what? This June, it hit 90 for some days which it does every summer. That means it's getting hotter, right?

Thing is that one of the earlier months of this year was in the top 10 on record for warmth just because we had so many 90 degree temps, but not because we had record highs, just an early string of high 90s which are more normal in July and August. However, August and July leveled off and were cooler though still summery.

Now in November, we've had the snowiest November on record for this area, and we'll have the second coldest November on record.

So how do you balance that news out? If we were looking at straight up warming, you wouldn't expect to be turning in early record cold months although you would expect to be turning in early warmth like we did. And if it were solely warming, you would not have expected the summer heat to level off once it started warming up too like it did. It would have sustained strong or level intensified, but instead we were hit by an early heat blast (although high 90s aren't really a heat blast for this area, triple digits are) that leveled off to high 80s low 90s for the rest of the summer minus an early August push and a day or two around Labor Day.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

Aw, come on man! You're injecting facts? We're supposed to be discussing how a single reading at a single point in time is indicative for the whole globe.

BTW, that is an excellent article that gives some pretty good empirical evidence to disprove a lot of the fanatical predictions of the Church of Global Warming.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: TheBandit795

Aw, come on man! You're injecting facts? We're supposed to be discussing how a single reading at a single point in time is indicative for the whole globe.

BTW, that is an excellent article that gives some pretty good empirical evidence to disprove a lot of the fanatical predictions of the Church of Global Warming.

TheRedneck

there are temp sensors all over the glove right now in literally thousands of points and the average of those sensors says the globe is absolutely warming, year after year after year. Literally millions of data points says this is true. Its simple direct evidence, its staring you in the face and you refuse to see it.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

f we were looking at straight up warming, you wouldn't expect to be turning in early record cold months although you would expect to be turning in early warmth like we did. And if it were solely warming, you would not have expected the summer heat to level off once it started warming up too like it did. It would have sustained strong or level intensified, but instead we were hit by an early heat blast (although high 90s aren't really a heat blast for this area, triple digits are) that leveled off to high 80s low 90s for the rest of the summer minus an early August push and a day or two around Labor Day.

right so climate change does not say it will just always get warmer everywhere all the time. it means the climate is changing everywhere, its becom8ng unstable with record highs AND record lows, but the AVERAGE GLOBAL temperature clearly and blatantly shows an increase year after year after year.

Honestly, understanding hte concept of AVERAGE GLOBAL temperature should not be that hard. and sayig "Well it got cold once where I live so global warming is a Soros funded lie!!!" is just silly.

the AVERAGE GLOBAL temperature clearly and blatantly shows an increase year after year after year after year after year. Is it really hard to comprehend? I dont think it is. I think you can do it, you just choose not it.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Just so you know..50 miles south west of Chicago is not the globe, it does not represent the globe, it means nothing.

It snowed though! Proof that the climate is getting colder!

I know! And guess what? This June, it hit 90 for some days which it does every summer. That means it's getting hotter, right?

Thing is that one of the earlier months of this year was in the top 10 on record for warmth just because we had so many 90 degree temps, but not because we had record highs, just an early string of high 90s which are more normal in July and August. However, August and July leveled off and were cooler though still summery.

Now in November, we've had the snowiest November on record for this area, and we'll have the second coldest November on record.

So how do you balance that news out? If we were looking at straight up warming, you wouldn't expect to be turning in early record cold months although you would expect to be turning in early warmth like we did. And if it were solely warming, you would not have expected the summer heat to level off once it started warming up too like it did. It would have sustained strong or level intensified, but instead we were hit by an early heat blast (although high 90s aren't really a heat blast for this area, triple digits are) that leveled off to high 80s low 90s for the rest of the summer minus an early August push and a day or two around Labor Day.

right so climate change does not say it will just always get warmer everywhere all the time. it means the climate is changing everywhere, its becom8ng unstable with record highs AND record lows, but the AVERAGE GLOBAL temperature clearly and blatantly shows an increase year after year after year.

Honestly, understanding hte concept of AVERAGE GLOBAL temperature should not be that hard. and sayig "Well it got cold once where I live so global warming is a Soros funded lie!!!" is just silly.

the AVERAGE GLOBAL temperature clearly and blatantly shows an increase year after year after year after year after year. Is it really hard to comprehend? I dont think it is. I think you can do it, you just choose not it.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: StoneCircles

Nice claim.

What kind of sensors?
Are they calibrated?
How and who calibrates them?
Have there been studies done on sensor variances?
How long have those sensors been active?
Who takes the data?
Where is the raw data?

SCIENCE!

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

climate change and weather are two very seperate and different things. You clearly don't know the difference.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Nice claim.

What kind of sensors?
Are they calibrated?
How and who calibrates them?
Have there been studies done on sensor variances?
How long have those sensors been active?
Who takes the data?
Where is the raw data?

SCIENCE!

great questions

To get a complete picture of Earth’s temperature, scientists combine measurements from the air above land and the ocean surface collected by ships, buoys and sometimes satellites, too.

The temperature at each land and ocean station is compared daily to what is ‘normal’ for that location and time, typically the long-term average over a 30-year period. The differences are called an ‘anomalies’ and they help scientists evaluate how temperature is changing over time.

Four major datasets

Scientists use four major datasets to study global temperature. The UK Met Office Hadley Centre and the University of East Anglia’s Climatic Research Unit jointly produce HadCRUT4 .

In the US, the GISTEMP series comes via the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Sciences (GISS), while the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) creates the MLOST record. The Japan Meteorological Agency ( JMA) produces a fourth dataset.

www.carbonbrief.org...

as you can see its very thorough, very far reaching with many many many data points.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
skepticalscience.com...

a more thorough explanation of how global temps are measured.

as you can see there are multiple redundant systems set in place to make sure these readings are accurate.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
www.arcticthule.com...

there you can clearly see just since 1979 the arctic has melted dramatically.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

A nice primer, but still doesn't answer my questions.

In fact, it begs more questions to the statistical formulae they use to "fill in" gaps in data.

It also does not address locational variances or equipment variances.

And it's only going back 30 years. Which is hardly a solid foundation if we're going to accept a study that encompasses millions of years and several epochs.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

A nice primer, but still doesn't answer my questions.

In fact, it begs more questions to the statistical formulae they use to "fill in" gaps in data.

It also does not address locational variances or equipment variances.

And it's only going back 30 years. Which is hardly a solid foundation if we're going to accept a study that encompasses millions of years and several epochs.

sigh

when they calculate 'average' that only goes back 30 years, but the data is much older.

yeah of course they have to fill in some data...they cant have 195 trillion temp sensors, covering every square inch of the earth! come on dont be dumb, use your brain

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
read this

there is literally multiple redundant temp reading systems in place and ALL of them give the same data - the earth is warming dramatically and dangerously.

the chances of all those systems being wrong in exactly the same way year after year are essentially zero.

skepticalscience.com...

The well-known and widely-cited reconstructions of global temperature, produced by NASA GISS, UEA CRU, and NOAA NCDC, are replicable.

Independent studies using different software, different methods, and different data sets yield very similar results.

The increase in temperatures since 1975 is a consistent feature of all reconstructions, and is also a feature found in reconstructions from natural temperature proxy measurements. This increase cannot be explained as an artifact of the adjustment process, the decrease in station numbers, or other non-climatological factors.

edit on 29-11-2018 by StoneCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I am using my brain.

That's why I remain a skeptic and refuse to blindly accept climate dogma.

It's not settled science, there are too many variables yet to be determined.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I am using my brain.

what variable then specifically?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoneCircles

I am using my brain.

How about the studies that show a cooling trend?

Why are those studies discounted?

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Oh, I see it. Stay tuned.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
It isn't global warming anymore. For all we know, this is a natural cycle of the planet. We just have an annoying trait that we always have to blame something. Even if it means blaming ourselves.

Sure, the planet naturally maintains even cycles that on a whim all the sudden change course, and shift into extreme conditions never before seen on timescales shorter than could be affected naturally because (check latest Fox news talking points) - ah who cares if we # the planet as long as we stick it to the libs, YeeHaww!

I weep for your progeny that will suffer because their ancestors had a bad case of FYGM.
edit on 48am18famThu, 29 Nov 2018 10:45:56 -0600America/ChicagoThu, 29 Nov 2018 10:45:56 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoneCircles

I am using my brain.

How about the studies that show a cooling trend?

Why are those studies discounted?

because ALL the data says we are warming. Literally thats what the actual data says. You cant just make up data for a cooling when it doesn't exist.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join