It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The Red Wave Break Democrat Hearts Today? Find Out...Live Updated Election Results Here

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Honestly not sure why anyone cares. This is just a reshuffling of the deck chairs on the titanic.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I would hazard a guess that we are probably at the 5% mark or better, most low income people pay no income tax, they do pay sales tax, which they get rebates for, 3 times a year I believe.

I'm glad that some of the doctors are flexible. I shudder sometimes when I hear how much a simple visit to emerg might cost..I do believe they just stick it to the patient, but in the end may be somewhat flexible.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I would hazard a guess that we are probably at the 5% mark or better, most low income people pay no income tax, they do pay sales tax, which they get rebates for, 3 times a year I believe.

I'm glad that some of the doctors are flexible. I shudder sometimes when I hear how much a simple visit to emerg might cost..I do believe they just stick it to the patient, but in the end may be somewhat flexible.

Yes but that 5% is a baseline here as well.

Now double that with illegals. Oh and they will keep coming to get that health care, and dont you dare turn them away!

There is a reason Canada has said they want to limit immigration, because with the entitlements that your country gives, it would not be economically possible to accept to many illegals.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

There is a reason Canada has said they want to limit immigration, because with the entitlements that your country gives, it would not be economically possible to accept to many illegals.

Agreed

I would like to send you a P.M. one day, if you're interested in talking shop. I believe(if I remember correct) we are in the same line of work.
Cheers.
edit on 7-11-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

So, If we build the wall. And greatly limit immigration.

Single payer is a go?

But, don't immigrants (of the right sort) increase the tax base?
edit on 11/7/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

If you aren't covered against pre existing conditions, then you have zero ability to ever change insurance providers. The moment you ever develop any issue at all, you become locked in to a specific company.

Why do you change your provider after you have developed health issues? ACA was not affordable and made my insurance go sky high. they new it was sustainable either. They went after the whole population when only about 8% were in need.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Agreed

I would like to send you a P.M. one day, if you're interested in talking shop. I believe(if I remember correct) we are in the same line of work.
Cheers.

Anytime at all!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Single payer is a go?

Congress failed, not so much Trump. If congress took care of DACA and built the wall they then could establish a robust work visa program and finally work towards making the long term illegals here legal. Trump also said put a healthcare in front of him and he would sign, and they didn't. Everyone is afraid for their jobs and now the House got what it deserved...had two years to get anything done they wanted, and they got nothing.

Nothing like long term 17% approval rating...lol

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Single payer is a go?

Well the wall isn’t meant to keep out all migrants just those that wish to enter the country illegally....

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Single payer is a go?

Honestly I am all for allowing anyone in to the country IF we dont have a welfare system.

Which clearly wont happen.

And honestly, as I have said, I am strongly against single payer, but think it would be preferable to the current system, and am opened to having someone with more knowledge than me change my mind on why its a good idea.

And no, illegals do not increase the tax base enough to offset.

For example, they can be paid under the table to not have to pay income taxes, etc.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Honestly I am all for allowing anyone in to the country IF we dont have a welfare system
Nothing. No support for anyone who don't earn a living. Cool.

And no, illegals do not increase the tax base enough to offset.
Did I say the right sort includes undocumented aliens?

For example, they can be paid under the table to not have to pay income taxes, etc.
Yeah, well. That applies to some good ol' boys too, I reckon. Just as illicit. More so than entering the country illegally?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Sounds good, we'll chat soon.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

First point.

No I dont want no social safety nets or welfare. I am just saying if that were the case then there would be no reason to refuse anyone who wanted to work for a living into the US, because they couldnt be a drain on our system.

As it is, I prefer a social safety net (albeit limited) and enforcing our borders.

Second.

I guess I missed the of the right sort comment. I was talking about illegals and thought that is what you were as well.

Legal immigrants have every right to be here, period. They pay taxes as the rest of us, and should be treated no differently and entitled to the same programs were do (that apply) Some of the best americans I have ever met are legal immigrants.

So no, I do not include them when discussing the high cost of single payer caused by illegals.

third point.

Yes, citizens and people of legal status often avoid tax obligations. That is bad as well, and they should be punished.

But that is no reason to allow illegals in to the country, or to ignore their drain on the system in a world of free health cae for them.

This free health care would encourage even more illegals to flood into the country as well, compounding the problem.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

But that is no reason to allow illegals in to the country, or to ignore their drain on the system in a world of free health cae for them.

Who said it is?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
We are discussing if single payer in the US would be good.

There are over 20 million illegals here.

I am saying they help make single payer unaffordable.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
When illegals have no insurance they find hospitals to go to the ER for everything, even a simple cold. That drives the costs up the most as those costs are passed on to insured patients and medicare.

The pre-existing condition thing is not as big a deal as a lot of people think it is. Most policies (at least the last time I looked) indicated that if you had a pre-existing condition but also had no breaks in coverage they wave the pre-existing condition clause. You can't back date a new policy to cover an old illness, but it will cover you if you never had a break in coverage.

So yo have cancer, you are being treated, and you decide to take a job closer to home. You get a new policy from your new employer. Because you never had any gaps in your healthcare your new policy will cover your cancer.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
We are discussing if single payer in the US would be good.

There are over 20 million illegals here.

I am saying they help make single payer unaffordable.

What makes you think they would qualify for the benefits?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

When illegals have no insurance they find hospitals to go to the ER for everything, even a simple cold.

A cold? You're sure about that.
Maybe. Better they just die, I guess.

I wonder how many more US citizens might do that same thing though. Better they just die. They're probably getting paid under the table anyway. Not paying taxes. Draining the system.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

What happens to any bill that comes from the admin? Or the Senate? I said, "a leash."
kids-clerk.house.gov...

Cute link - you should check it out some time.

If the bill doesn't pass both houses and get signed by POTUS, it goes back to where it started and has to get a 2/3 majority of both houses to override a veto. Simple.

How did the status quo change? Reps still decide what becomes law and what doesn't.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

When illegals have no insurance they find hospitals to go to the ER for everything, even a simple cold.

A cold? You're sure about that.
Maybe. Better they just die, I guess.

I wonder how many more US citizens might do that same thing though. Better they just die. They're probably getting paid under the table anyway. Not paying taxes. Draining the system.

My wife has worked in a hospital for more than 25 years. Yes, I am sure about that. No insurance, no money, ER cant turn them away. They will sit in the ER as long as it takes to be seen by a doctor, get a script or a test, and then leave without paying a cent.

They will die, and take a bunch of us with them. In case you hadn't noticed we have outbreaks of diseases popping up in this country that we eradicated decades ago. These diseases are being brought here by unvaccinated illegal alien children. Of course there are other ways to contract diseases but it is wrong to deny the unvaccinated youth entering the country illegally as one of the sources of these diseases.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join