It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The Red Wave Break Democrat Hearts Today? Find Out...Live Updated Election Results Here

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No. My insurance rate went up because my insurance company has to cover someone who shows up and says, "I went to the doctor and found out I have cancer. Now sell my a policy."

Most responsible people pick up insurance understanding it is paid against the disaster, not because they suffer one. But pre-existing condition coverage lets you pick up insurance when you get sick instead of holding a policy all along.

You're smart, you know this.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Not just me. Everyone. They have to cover those losses for everyone. Making it less "Affordable" for people without preexisting conditions.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No. My insurance rate went up because my insurance company has to cover someone who shows up and says, "I went to the doctor and found out I have cancer. Now sell my a policy."

Most responsible people pick up insurance understanding it is paid against the disaster, not because they suffer one. But pre-existing condition coverage lets you pick up insurance when you get sick instead of holding a policy all along.

I wish all insurance worked like this.

"Hello state farm. Yes I would like to buy a one hundred thousand dollar home owners insurance policy. My house was just burnt to the ground, so after I pay my first month, can you kindly send me my hundred thousand so I can cancel my policy until I need it again"

"Hi I would like to take out a life insurance policy on my father. He died last week and I need a pile of money, so if you could send that now that would be great"

"Is this the general auto insurance. I have been driving uninsured for years now, and I just slammed into a guy, totaled his car, and hospitalized him. Can I get some insurance just for this week to pay for that?"

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny>>> It went pretty much as I expected, the dems did do better with the house than I thought they would, though. My local elections went the way I figured. Pa governor and senator went dem, both incumbents and both liberals. Wolf and Casey. My congressional district was redistricted and there were some odd resignations and no reelection bids ( I'm on record saying these people were blackmailed into that, gotta love the deep state). But my district went republican while others didn't. I see a pattern here here where they want Trump removed or impeached or at least badgered and they needed a dem congress to do it. But the dems going ape # with Pelosi and Waters running amok might not give the dems the image they hope for. They may get the crazy vote and the have nots and disnformed on their side, but the rest will see them as unable to be professionals and void of real ideas or a desire to help the country as a whole. Full leftist retards and a circus act mentality may be Trump's biggest help in 2020.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No. My insurance rate went up because my insurance company has to cover someone who shows up and says, "I went to the doctor and found out I have cancer.
And also because your insurance company could not limit your coverage because you were diagnosed with cancer. And also because your insurance company could not raise your premium because you were diagnosed with cancer.

I bet your premiums were going up before the ACA.

But pre-existing condition coverage lets you pick up insurance when you get sick instead of holding a policy all along.
Remember that mandate thing? The thing that so many were bitching about? The thing that said you had to have medical insurance whether or not you have cancer?

But this thread is not about that. It's about the Republicans losing control of the House. That's a good thing.
edit on 11/6/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: AtlasHawk

The Muslims are Burning France to the Ground . In Sweden . Finland , Norway and Germany , the Same will happen in the Not to Distant Future . All Distinct European Culture Will be Gone Forever in 10 Years . Europe IS Dead , Only they do Not Know it Yet .

Complete made up horse# - even the neo nazi's in Europe claim it's be 50 years. Europe is alive and well - we've been at peace for the longest time in history under the EU.

There is no Sharia, there are burka bans in many countries, there are bans on religious discrimination, there are bans on extremisms and rasicalisation/having links to extremist groups - Muslims make up aroun2 -4% population tops and 90% are moderates just like any other human being,

GOOD ! Rise Europe ! You ain't Dead Yet !

Learn some history, Muslims have benn in Euope 1800 years, saved us from the Dark Ages - the 'English tradition' of Morris dancing was named after Morocan Moorish (ie Spain) - we'dhave no number '0''. They were even parrt of German knighthood and head cavalry 650-500 years ago.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Is this thread just about republicans losing control of the house?

Strange how its not about them gaining ground in the senate as well?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yeah, they did that.
But it doesn't really change the status quo. Does it?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah, they did that.

Well that depends.

Judge appointing and things of that nature will no longer be as tight as they were with kavanaugh. They would have enough votes to repeal obamacare in the senate now without mccain tanking it.

And again, you are making up that the status quo was an unrestrained trump in the house, when clearly that wasnt the case seeing as how his agenda on the wall and obamacare failed to go thru.

But hey, if it makes you feel all warm inside to pretend this was a big win for dems, and ignore there loss in the senate, more power to you!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

No. My insurance rate went up because my insurance company has to cover someone who shows up and says, "I went to the doctor and found out I have cancer.
And also because your insurance company could not limit your coverage because you were diagnosed with cancer. And also because your insurance company could not raise your premium because you were diagnosed with cancer.

I bet your premiums were going up before the ACA.

Yes, they were. About 5% per year. Then the ACA came along and they spiked 100%, then went up 15% per year after that.

And we both had insurance for 15 years before that, because we were responsible and put money towards our health care instead of buying new cars, plasma TVs, traveling everywhere, etc. You know, living responsibly.

Then the Democrats told us we were suckers and screwed us over.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   

But hey, if it makes you feel all warm inside to pretend this was a big win for dems, and ignore there loss in the senate, more power to you!

Not a big win at all. A small win.
A leash. Too many moderate Republicans are not longer there. Someone has to do it.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I guess that's why the insurance was mandatory..right?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If you aren't covered against pre existing conditions, then you have zero ability to ever change insurance providers. The moment you ever develop any issue at all, you become locked in to a specific company.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
"Is this the general auto insurance. I have been driving uninsured for years now, and I just slammed into a guy, totaled his car, and hospitalized him. Can I get some insurance just for this week to pay for that?"

Once a car is totaled or a house burns down, you replace it.

Illness is a life long condition. It never goes away until you die.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I guess that's why the insurance was mandatory..right?

Yes, to make all of the responsible people that for years had insurance when they should in case of emergency to get screwed and pay for people that chose not to get insurance until they needed it.

And in addition, the mandatory nature of that insurance often came with such high premiums and deductibles that it was worthless to the very poor people it was designed to help.

I prefer to not have a nanny state that taxes poor people that cant afford insurance.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Grambler

Once a car is totaled or a house burns down, you replace it.

Illness is a life long condition. It never goes away until you die.

That is irrelevant.

Lets look at life insuarnce.

It takes effect when you die.

So should people be allowed to wait until loved ones die before buying life insurance?

And are you really claiming tha because without health you die that you should be allowed to wait untyil you have a condition to by insurance?

How long do you think insurance will last under that model?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Well, I'm Canadian, we have universal health care, it's not perfect but I don't think our standard of living is any less, despite the fact we all contribute to those with no means.

I would say though, with the health insurance scam set up as it is in the U.S., it's a tough nut to crack.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Well, I'm Canadian, we have universal health care, it's not perfect but I don't think our standard of living is any less, despite the fact we all contribute to those with no means.

I would say though, with the health insurance scam set up as it is in the U.S., it's a tough nut to crack.

I am against universal health care, though I do thinks its preferable to obamacare, which sought to punish greedy private insurance companies.... by forcing everyone to but their product!

Free market solutions are best to me.

And also considered the difference between the US and canada.

There are 20 million or more illegal immigrants in the US. There are millions of people that pay no taxes on top of that.

How much money would all tax payers in canada have to pay more if the equivalent of 5 percent or more of your population showed up and wanted totally free healthcare?

The bvest systjes I have seen in america are practioners that no longer accept insurance at all, and instead charge a modest cash fee which is flexible based on income. This allows the doctor to make money buy cutting out the middle man, and people to pay for healthcare as needed.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Yeah, they did that.

Has the dems winning the house changed the status quo? They will lose any vote they send to the senate, the POTUS will veto anything he doesn't like, and they will never get a 2/3 majority of both houses to override a veto. So what exactly has changed except some of the names?
edit on 7-11-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

What happens to any bill that comes from the admin? Or the Senate? I said, "a leash."
kids-clerk.house.gov...
edit on 11/7/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join