It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The Red Wave Break Democrat Hearts Today? Find Out...Live Updated Election Results Here

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I'm a little disgusted by this post...

Peace

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: AtlasHawk

The Muslims are Burning France to the Ground . In Sweden . Finland , Norway and Germany , the Same will happen in the Not to Distant Future . All Distinct European Culture Will be Gone Forever in 10 Years . Europe IS Dead , Only they do Not Know it Yet .

Complete made up horse# - even the neo nazi's in Europe claim it's be 50 years. Europe is alive and well - we've been at peace for the longest time in history under the EU.

There is no Sharia, there are burka bans in many countries, there are bans on religious discrimination, there are bans on extremisms and rasicalisation/having links to extremist groups - Muslims make up aroun2 -4% population tops and 90% are moderates just like any other human being,

GOOD ! Rise Europe ! You ain't Dead Yet !

Learn some history, Muslims have benn in Euope 1800 years, saved us from the Dark Ages - the 'English tradition' of Morris dancing was named after Morocan Moorish (ie Spain) - we'dhave no number '0''. They were even parrt of German knighthood and head cavalry 650-500 years ago.

Umm... your dates are a little off, islam is only 1400 years old

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It appears that the Dems have control of the House and the Reps control the Senate so the House can pass proposed bills and the Senate will reject them. That's the typical sort of balanced government very common to a lot of countries.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
a reply to: Bloodworth

Sanctuary cities are very very bad idea, Liberal politicians want to think they are doing a favor in the name of humanity but truth is its a lot worse and ugly.

And that is the liberal motto. Lead with compassion and not logic.

Maybe a few citizens might get murdered or raped , but they numbers they would be helping would be worth it.

Liberals can never say no.

In Greece and italy, small towns barely getting by the last 15 years. Liberals said here is population of refugees you must take In.

Ignoring over population and lack of resources those towns were destroyed.

Even in the u.s. , under Obama unnacomanied minor act.
He just recklessly let in so many without even checking if there are enough seats in schools.

By me, the school buildings were always sufficient and big enough. For hundreds of years.

Then boom, no room. The quickly moved in trailer park classrooms to park on the football fields.

They use college spaces for high schoolers.

At a bus stop, 2 buses back to back for 1 bus stop.

Its looks ghetto and 3rd world.

Why because liberals will ignore over population. Lack of resources and lack of seats in schools.

Just keep them coming.

Even from a medical stand point, its scary what liberals will ignore in the name of compassion

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Well to be fair, a considerable amount of premium increases was also due to unnecessary coverage as well. Like prenatal, psychological and drug rehab for those that would never need it such as single males in the 45+ age group. They usually do not get pregnant very often, but given gender identity fluidity now, anything is possible, I guess

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The result was exactly as expected.
Dems take house and Republicans not just hold, but gain in Senate.
Mixed bag for Republicans.
I am particularly pleased that Gillum was defeated for FL Governor, Beto was defeated in the TX Senate race and that absolute scum bag Stacy Abrams was defeated in the GA Governor race.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I am particularly pleased that Gillum was defeated for FL Governor, Beto was defeated in the TX Senate race and that absolute scum bag Stacy Abrams was defeated in the GA Governor race.

Missouri finally got rid of McCaskill. That made my night.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Vroomfondel

What happens to any bill that comes from the admin? Or the Senate? I said, "a leash."
kids-clerk.house.gov...

Cute link - you should check it out some time.

If the bill doesn't pass both houses and get signed by POTUS, it goes back to where it started and has to get a 2/3 majority of both houses to override a veto. Simple.

How did the status quo change? Reps still decide what becomes law and what doesn't.

I think the point is that now both parties have a leash on each other.

The Dems will not get any partisan bill through the Senate and the Repubs will not get any partisan bills through the house. If both parties were reasonable and could compromise then it would actually be a good thing for all people, but unfortunately the parties have become so partisan that all I can see happening is that nothing passes. Who does that suit? Probably the Dems as they can use the lack of progress as a campaign tool in 2020.

What the President now needs to do is use his executive power to it's fullest extent allowable by the constitution. Force the issues all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary. In addition the extra Senate seats will make McConnell's job easier in getting all the remaining judicial appointments through - and maybe even another SC Justice.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: UKTruth

Missouri finally got rid of McCaskill. That made my night.

yeah, the Senate was particularly strong for Republicans.
Noticed that nearly all the incumbent anti Trump Republicans actually lost their seats...that's a good sign.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
And are you really claiming tha because without health you die that you should be allowed to wait untyil you have a condition to by insurance?

How long do you think insurance will last under that model?

No, I'm in favor of the mandate. It's the only way in which an insurance system can work.

More than that though, I'm in favor of doing away with the insurance system entirely and using a different method to make health care accessible and affordable.

I've been looking around for health care lately. I cannot find any plan on the exchange that gets my health care costs to below 15% of my income per year and nothing that kicks in until I spend at least 25% of annual income out of pocket. That is simply not doable.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Has the dems winning the house changed the status quo? They will lose any vote they send to the senate, the POTUS will veto anything he doesn't like, and they will never get a 2/3 majority of both houses to override a veto. So what exactly has changed except some of the names?

Come January 1st, Mueller is now protected. Also, his report can no longer be silenced once it's made. It also gives Democrats the opportunity to open a lot of investigations.

Trump may or may not be able to protect himself until he's out of office (assuming there's anything illegal in the first place), but his family and his cabinet is going down.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Has the dems winning the house changed the status quo? They will lose any vote they send to the senate, the POTUS will veto anything he doesn't like, and they will never get a 2/3 majority of both houses to override a veto. So what exactly has changed except some of the names?

Come January 1st, Mueller is now protected. Also, his report can no longer be silenced once it's made. It also gives Democrats the opportunity to open a lot of investigations.

Trump may or may not be able to protect himself until he's out of office (assuming there's anything illegal in the first place), but his family and his cabinet is going down.

Going down for what?

Did his cabinet illegally target Dems like Obama’s irs did to his opponents?

Did his intel community spy on his opponents like Obama’s did?

Hey, if trump or his family or cabinet did anything illegal, I hope they are held accountable

But launching investigations for the sake of it seems dumb
edit on 7-11-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ketsuko

No. My insurance rate went up because my insurance company has to cover someone who shows up and says, "I went to the doctor and found out I have cancer.
And also because your insurance company could not limit your coverage because you were diagnosed with cancer. And also because your insurance company could not raise your premium because you were diagnosed with cancer.

I bet your premiums were going up before the ACA.

Yes, they were. About 5% per year. Then the ACA came along and they spiked 100%, then went up 15% per year after that.

And we both had insurance for 15 years before that, because we were responsible and put money towards our health care instead of buying new cars, plasma TVs, traveling everywhere, etc. You know, living responsibly.

Then the Democrats told us we were suckers and screwed us over.

That's the one thing I have a hard time getting over. Those that have been responsible and self supporting in this country have really been taken advantage of. It almost makes me feel like a fool for working, whether I wanted to or not, rain or shine to pay my bills,saving and paying into the system. I might as well have been sucking off the government teat...

It seems like those middle class folks that have worked and saved are the life blood of this stinking parasitic system, while those that didn't bother to save or work are given endless breaks and entitlements. I am not talking about any party here... the one thing they can't take however is a good work ethic and self reliance, common sense and the ability to see things logically.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
At least that Taliban chick, "Cenema" didn't win.

Another plus!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

And are you really claiming tha because without health you die that you should be allowed to wait untyil you have a condition to by insurance?

No, I'm in favor of the mandate. It's the only way in which an insurance system can work.

More than that though, I'm in favor of doing away with the insurance system entirely and using a different method to make health care accessible and affordable.

I've been looking around for health care lately. I cannot find any plan on the exchange that gets my health care costs to below 15% of my income per year and nothing that kicks in until I spend at least 25% of annual income out of pocket. That is simply not doable.

The only solution I can see in this situation is to pay out of pocket for small stuff and if you become drastically ill, temporarily quit your job and get on the state sponsored program.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

The only solution I can see in this situation is to pay out of pocket for small stuff and if you become drastically ill, temporarily quit your job and get on the state sponsored program.

Yep. You don't use car insurance for oil changes/new tires/dents, you use it for catastrophic issues.

Basic medical needs should be out of pocket and prices openly advertised so people know what they are paying for. Let competition take care of the rest.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I think the point is that now both parties have a leash on each other.

Hardly.

The "control" of the House is anecdotal at best. A few seats voting against party could easily occur on most issues. Especially since many of the new blue blood are newbies.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Going down for what?

Did his cabinet illegally target Dems like Obama’s irs did to his opponents?

Did his intel community spy on his opponents like Obama’s did?

Hey, if trump or his family or cabinet did anything illegal, I hope they are held accountable

But launching investigations for the sake of it seems dumb

Democrats launch investigations without a crime, hoping to find something - and then when they can't, they use accusations and innuendo to convict, subverting due process. I thought that would have been obvious to you by now.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You are not wrong.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join