It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which bathroom should this person use?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: C0bzz

This person has a vagina. Which bathroom should they use?

They look male. Use the men's room and a stall. Lock the stall door and don't brag about it.

Damn, that was easy!

TheRedneck

Yeah but that's not what the OP wants. They want an answer they can argue with, so your logical comment will be overlooked. Mine was.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: C0bzz
This is a thought experiment and I am genuinely interested in that answer for the members of ATS.

Ummm...well...obviously we should mandate that any venue that caters to the public...have 57 different bathrooms...each with it's own distinct hex symbol...

That way we got all 57 flavors covered...

Should be good...

I mean...legitimate hermaphrodites are the only category that maybe...perhaps should have some other consideration...but the wannabe's...not so much...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

They look male. Use the men's room and a stall. Lock the stall door and don't brag about it.

Damn, that was easy!

TheRedneck

Yeah but that's not what the OP wants. They want an answer they can argue with, so your logical comment will be overlooked. Mine was.

I completely agree with TheRedneck here, it makes a lot of sense!

And I did actually respond to your first post in this thread, thx.

Also thank you for using my preferred pronouns (they/them).
edit on 23/10/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Thank you for the definitions, and also for starting this thread. Trump is making a mistake.

While it is true that most humans are either male or female, there are transexuals who for some unknown reason, have the mentality of the opposite gender they are physically. It's a pretty rough life, from all accounts, because sexuality based on gender is quite deeply entrenched in society. I attribute that personally to the biological imperative to reproduce.

Whatever the cause of the entrenchment, these folk need to receive the needed medical treatment. My only issue is when it comes to children, because children below a certain maturity do not understand the biological implications of such conditions. Some boys are fairly feminine without being gay, while there are some women who are tomboyish without being lesbian. It is wrong to allow those natural variations to be misinterpreted by a child.

There are also hermaphrodites, such as the one in your OP. There is no mental malfunction with these people; they are a freak of nature (connotation not intended) and I understand most are quite satisfied with their bodies as is. The guy in your OP probably does everything a man does, except when it comes to sex. I'm not going to speculate on that.

But back to what triggered this thread: Trump's policy of determining gender as male or female based solely on birth conditions... I do believe it is a foolhardy and uninformed position. Common sense should prevail, as I tried to indicate in my first post. The privacy of a restroom exists for one simple reason: to put those using that restroom at ease. Thus, outward physical appearance should be the major factor taken into account where gender does not fit society's narrow definition of normal. If there is the possibility of a scene, use a private stall. If no private stalls are available, find one somewhere else. That's common courtesy to the other patrons.

Birth certificate be damned.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Good job, you went way overboard and completely missed the point to all of this. I bet you think you did a clever job though, eh?

No I didn't. You all constantly insist that the sexual organ that you're born with specifies your gender, and you should use that bathroom. It's probably been several hundreds of times on this site.

Well, that's because the sexual organ you're born with DOES specify your gender. But you're ignoring every post that says the the person in the OP should use the mens room since they look like a man. It's a typical reaction when you don't get the answer you're hoping to get.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If you have a penis, use the mens room. If this makes you uncomfortable then theres something wrong with you, not everybody else.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

LOL peepee, man. VAVA women it's not me really it's science.. Strange stuff..

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I dunno about that. Thus far, from what I have read, c0bzz is making some pretty good points with a reasonable question in his OP. The thread is moving fast, so I wouldn't automatically take a missed post as a dismissal.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

The fact of the matter is through that, unfortunately, there are still plenty of places around the Earth where being homosexual is considered a crime and will indeed get you locked up or worse.

Laws follow fashion or so it seems but at the end of the day a spade is still a spade even if you call it a shovel.

We are all products of society, but society is bloody crazy at the best of times.

Live and let live should be the rule of the day, and for most people that's how it goes, the world is still mental all the same.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Look both parties have been dumb on this

Never use public facilities if you can help it.

Men are nasty.

Never been in ladies so I can't speak to it.

But,

NEVER use public restrooms until they invent self cleaning ones.
Oh, restaurant biz for TEN years, female latrines, BAD. Course, that was when they had tampon boxes next to the toilet, filled to the max 🤢🤮

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Read my post again. You wasted your time typing what I already know. I've already said the girl in your picture should use the men's room. The reason nobody logical agrees with those bathroom laws is because they don't want people putting on a wig and claiming they're a woman just to use the women's room. This has never been an issue until the left wanted to make it an issue. Maybe you can explain why they wanted to do that. It was successful in pushing more democrats to the center or right though, so I guess something good came out of it.

Normal people will never adhere to such ridiculous laws.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Brywilson2

So you're saying transgender people should be banned from using any bathrooms in public and stay at home?

Sure why not. That's the answer you were looking for when you made this thread, right?

Nope. Actually it was suggested to me that it was the answer I would get, but I wanted to see for myself. I was surprised there are many reasonable answers in this thread.

Mmm hmm, that's why all reasonable answers were ignored.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

We usually disagree on ATS, but I'm pretty glad we found some common ground! Complete sense, 100% agreement, I literally do not need to say a word more in response.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

a reply to: interupt42

Do not compare transgender people to killers, it's disgusting.

Who made you the thread monitor?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I'm sorry, I only agree partially.

Before it hit the news feed, this was never an issue.

But, if your born with a Penis, you're a BOY., Vice Versa.

This is a reasonable choice and sets the standard for an overall foundation.

Course, this thread is a deadly double edged sword and can used to push a variety of positions.

Gimmick thread, nothing else beyong what might fancy a diff POV.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Why didn't you just take it down then?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Well, I dont care. The community he lives in should clue him into which would cause the least of an issue.

If he were to walk into a men's room, it would be fine. If he announces he has a vagina, then go to the womens room.

Having a dude, which he is now, in a woman's room is not Ok. (If he has a penis, we will assume he may at some point)

If he has a Vagina, and you said he did, then he needs to finish his transition before he asks to be publicly accommodated by the other people of the gender he wishes to join.

Penis, stands peeing = man.
VAGINA, pees sitting or with a tube, = woman.

I have a buddy who used to be a girl. He pretends to have never been a girl. Doesn't mention it, never did, we know though.

He just goes to the bathroom he wants to use. (Mens). He carries a tube I think...He LOOKS like a dude so its ok. He went through the hormone therapy and what not. He would not fit in the women's room. He is a man now. Penis or no penis. (I dont know and don't need to know.)

If he didn't look like a man, the smart person he is would avoid the issue and just go where he is welcome. If he looked like a girl because he tried to look like one then he would be happy to pee with girls.

I dont really care though. Sexuality and identity are a non issues in our society. More pressing crap is going on. Sorry. Gender issues are not important to the majority of people. Sucks I know. Too bad.

edit on 10 23 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Agreed 100%

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

I dunno about that. Thus far, from what I have read, c0bzz is making some pretty good points with a reasonable question in his OP. The thread is moving fast, so I wouldn't automatically take a missed post as a dismissal.

TheRedneck

Fair enough. I see it more as a "gotcha" thread because nobody made an issue out of people like the girl in the picture using the men's room. That whole thing was in regards to throwing on a wig and saying you're a woman, therefore you should be able to use the women's room.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

This has never been an issue until the left wanted to make it an issue.

Alabama Republicans are the left?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join