It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drugs drugs everywhere, and not a cop to blink...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I live on a hill/cliff by the sea, almost 300 old stone steps walk down to civilisation, and these shady parts are where drug deals etc happen, same with the back alleys I walk. I'm totally used to passing deals being made there and usually say hi as I know most of the dealers by face if not name. It is what it is.
I don't live in a bad area, million £'s apartments for sale in my street, it's just that rich and poor live cheek by jowl here, there is no 'rich' and 'poor' areas really, just cheaper houses in the same street. I for example am one of the poorest in my street, but the neighbours like me because my son and I kick street drinkers and addicts off our hill by force if needed.

Anyway, that aside, I walked to my mates earlier, passed 3 different dealers trading on the steps and back alleys, said hi as I do and carried on, it is normal to me now. Got to my mates house, he was out so sat in a public park by his place enjoying the sunshine. I knew he wouldn't be long and couldn't be arsed with walking back up and down the steps again to my home.

10 minutes in, two guys said 'Alright fella' to me, I said hi, they then sat on the wall next to me racking up lines of coke. I said "You pair of nutters are you crazy" to which one replied "Nobody cares anymore" and I agreed as people walked past simply not caring.
I asked how much they were paying for their gram and apparently £40 so when they offered me a line I politely declined saying it is probably cut bigtime so no thanks.

They stopped for a while, we chatted about football and the decent weather and they went on their way.
That is essentially my story, so my question is what is your society like? Mine is just an acceptance of drug use, cops won't arrest you for personal possession, they just 'confiscate' it, and people just accept it as normal these days.

Please just share your experience in your community without discussing personal drug use as I am genuinely interested and don't want this thread shut down for breaching terms and conditions of ATS.
My society is totally in the drug scene, I hardly know any people who don't use something illegal, from cops to probation officers and school teachers, it really is crazy, and I don't see any way to stop it because it is so ingrained in the community.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Sounds like your just Some friendly bloke. Well if nothing it gives you pause in following in the same life. It diminishes as time goes by, you see it. Good luck with conditions, and don't buy into the chemical leisure lifestyle...... beyond that.... I got nuttin.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
War on drugs is lost.

Biggest loss since the war on Alcohol 100 years ago.

edit on 20-10-2018 by Unruhestifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

The only issue i really have with drugs in today's society is that children and young adults smoke Smack now in the same manner as people from my own generation smoked Weed.

The difference being Apples and Oranges from just about every and any standpoint.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus
Ah if nobody is threatening me or mine I'm friendly with everyone. You are right about the chemical road though, I know people who just do recreational and hold good jobs down, but I've also sadly lost a few friends over the years.

a reply to: Unruhestifter
The 'war on drugs' seems silly to me, there is no war in my parts, cops have given up and focus on real crime like murder or whatever. There are not enough prison cells if they arrested just the dealers, never mind the customers.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Cornish cops drink coffee. Lots of coffee. ☕

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Agreed, smack (heroin) has killed a few friends of mine. There is next to zero support services for addicts in my area now. I know most of the street addicts and it breaks my heart watching them slowly die, one young woman in particular, daughter of a smack head I just knew years ago that was gonna be her path as well.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Haha no, they 'confiscate' coc aine off people then let them go without arrest or punishment.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Haha no, they 'confiscate' coc aine off people then let them go without arrest or punishment.

And then go for a coffee.

And maybe a little sniff.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
flew over my head....
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You would be amazed by some of the sh!t that flies over your head in Cornwall...

UFO central.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If I was a trusting citizen I'd assume they dispose of it in the correct official manner then have their coffee.

They don't even waste your time with paperwork here.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

You would be amazed by some of the sh!t that flies over your head in Cornwall...

UFO central.
That's just the Pixies

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

If I was a trusting citizen I'd assume they dispose of it in the correct official manner then have their coffee.

They don't even waste your time with paperwork here.

Why would they? Their night is looking good. Free weed, free coke... Sorted mate, now all they need is a pub.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Not just cops that drink the stuff.

Personally, i think it should be one of our basic food groups. LoL

Mornings without Coffee if the sky without the Sun.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

UFO central.
That's just the Pixies
Lol, I think they had too many mushrooms...

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

you seem like a dude i want to hang out with.

seems we feel the same way about a lot of issues.

this country...
you kidding me???

you see all the cowboys posting here?

all the things they would do and all the beat downs they would lay on people if they saw someone doing this or that?

someone would definitely call the cops or get in your # about it trying to be a cowboy righting some wrong. they think it is up to them for enforce that #.

see the thread a few weeks ago where 2 dudes, father and son shot and killed some guy cause they got in an argument in an alley about the dude dumping a mattress when he wasnt supposed to?

or last year when a dude was meeting his wife(who was a cop) at a dennys for breakfast. had his kids with him. saw a drunk dude taking a piss up against a wall and was so pissed about that infraction that he had to go over there and bust the dude up. wound up killing the dude.

this is the kind of # people do in this country...

of course not everyone but its possible.

people dont know how to mind their #ing business in the good ole USA.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

dude kills a guy after choking him out cause he was pissing against a wall.

have a glance at some of the comments. lots of tough guys man.

so yeah. people would definitely not leave it alone

as far as my experience with the scene.
dude everyone at work does something. lots of grass smokers.
everyone that knows everyone that does is super cool about it.

if youre in your own circle youre good to go.

but if some tight ass that is not down with it finds out you risk it becoming their personal crusade to solve that problem if you know what i mean.

you still have to keep it on the whisper

edit on 20-10-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Unruhestifter

There is no real war on drugs, only the appearance of one.

When people want a product and are willing to pay cash monies a market will arise whether it be black, grey, or white.

Supply and demand pretty much being the rule of the day.

edit on 20-10-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

If you ever visit the UK, go to Cornwall bro.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join