It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drugs drugs everywhere, and not a cop to blink...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: TinySickTears

If you ever visit the UK, go to Cornwall bro.

ill make a note of that.

im more comfortable around everyday average people. people on the grind. people making moves.

im not talking skid row # or hardcore bangers selling pcp.
just normal people.
so what if a little grass changes hands or a dude is burning one...

these are my people

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

You view the U.S through the eyes of a couple of ATS members, sad.

You dwell on weird stuff dude.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

You view the U.S through the eyes of a couple of ATS members, sad.

You dwell on weird stuff dude.

i view the US through my eyes

i call it like i see it

and yea. i am a weird guy

and what am i dwelling on?
dude started a thread. asked a couple questions on how things are for us.
i answered

that is not dwelling on anything

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
dude started a thread. asked a couple questions on how things are for us.
i answered
Thanks for the reply as well, I saw those thread comments, crazy how some folk will grass to the cops or whatever for something that doesn't harm them.
I've been victim of many crimes but never gone to the cops, that's like really frowned on by regular people here.
I lie, I grassed on a stalker of my neighbour, she was terrified and my witness statement made the conviction...but I only phoned the cops for clarification and their word on what would happen if I beat him up. Senior cop told me so long as I didn't stamp on his head after he went down catching him on her property then his boys wouldn't arrest me lol

There is no war on drugs here, people don't care, it's a place tourists come to do drugs partying by beaches, the locals sell it to them, the foreign tourists are the biggest market though, British people usually bring their own drugs.
It must be worth millions to the local economy, and that trickles down to everyone.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

You mean, steal, then.

"Here ya go guv, got ya a nice baggie for the boys tonight. Gonna be a good night innit. Can I go home to the missus? She's got a luverly roast on the go and I'm faggin' for a nice hot cuppa!"
"sure sure sure boyo, off ye go, and say hi to doris for me, lad."

gangs no matter where they exist, imo.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

yeah dude im with you
i dont get involved with the cops.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Parishna
Lmao 'confiscate' is the word, and with no inconvenience of silly paperwork. The system works because it doesn't frighten off tourists. Chilled cops equals chilled people on holiday, they just tax small time dealers.
There is always the hardest gang in town and right now it is the servants of the Crown, they are just more chilled here.
They'd lose in a fight against the populace though, vastly outgunned and outnumbered in Devon and Cornwall Constabulary...it explains why they play the game, it keeps the populace happy, some you win some you lose, but no charges for personal possession, just 'confiscation'.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

In my surroundings, there is an epidemic with people that go fasta, they are proper ratbastards robbing people and littering with their used stings.

Hoping to move away from here.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

yeah dude im with you
i dont get involved with the cops.

Rare to see one here unless there has been some serious incident like a machete attack or something lol

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

In my surroundings, there is an epidemic with people that go fasta, they are proper ratbastards robbing people and littering with their used stings.

Hoping to move away from here.
We have syringes in the back alleys and old smugglers steps which I walk here.
I pick them up and put them in a hazards bin at the local health centre. The local council cleaner walking with his trash-wagon-wheelbarrow thing does a fantastic job though. I bigged him up on the town's local facebook page, many people agreed with me, he keeps the place clean.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Here in Portugal I haven't seen any drug use or transaction in the last 5 years or so, but I know a case of a guy that is doing community work for being caught with what was considered too much marijuana.

In Portugal there is no "war on drugs", as drug possession of a couple of doses and use was decriminalized in 2001, but selling and trafficking drugs is still a crime and the police act accordingly, with some big catches appearing on the news from time to time.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
I've read about how it is in Portugal and it seems the same as it is here in a De Facto sense.
Cops would scare people away if they had their sniffer dogs at every pub or nightclub lol, and we depend on the people coming here to party, massively. The difference between summer and winter here is huge, winter you know every face in town, summer it's like being in a foreign country.
I like how it works here, and think the Portugal model is one all nations should follow.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Let’s see here. Well when I was at university there was always grass everywhere but I imagine that is pretty universal. Now that I live just outside Vegas and I work in Vegas for the most part I see all kinds of who knows what being dealt. Doesn’t really bother me at all. I also see that when I travel for work. Mostly California and Arizona. Sometimes when I step out at my office for a smoke break I see people just walking or standing there smoking a “joint”. That kinda bugs me cause I don’t really enjoy the smell and I definitely don’t want the smell to stick to me.
One thing that does really suck is I have a bunch of cute girls that are renting the house behind me and they LOVE to smoke. They only do it at night it seems and during the winter I keep a few windows cracked. And then around 1a.m. My house smells like skunk. But that’s life I guess. Plus it doesn’t harm me in anyway so f# it.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Sometimes when I step out at my office for a smoke break I see people just walking or standing there smoking a “joint”. That kinda bugs me cause I don’t really enjoy the smell

yeah
the smell of the # stick you are sucking on is much better

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
'Your hill'. Lol.

You've been a bit ambiguous. Are you forcing these guys out or befriending them?

Or perhaps, just signalling?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
Doesn't bother me either, I just see people trading , not illegality.
Lol at the smoke into your house, it smells of pot most streets I walk, 9 plants or less is no prison so there is a huge cottage industry, there are 'grows' everywhere round here. No cops walking around though and nobody tells the cops lol.
We used to have Police Community Support Officers who had no power of arrest but walked around in uniform chasing the scent of cannabis or whatever crime to radio real cops, but with the savage government cuts most of them have been laid off.
It is lawless here but everyone is friendly so it works.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You sound like you live in some kind of Dystopian future.

Here in Florida, well, you read the news.

There was a meth lab bust a few months ago about two houses from me. People here live alot for pot and cigs.

Being that Florida is still very LEO oriented, drugs are not accepted out in the open except for a very urban or tourist party area and even then you are still taking a risk. They will throw you in jail for the rest of your life; no joke.

A deputy sheriff neighbor has zero tolerance for drug foolishness. I am concerned about the robberies and in-home invasions that are more prevalent here than my quiet rural neighborhood south of Atlanta, Georgia. Druggies always need that money for their habits so that's not good.

I appreciate your laidback attitude but if you are an older, single, or woman; not good times.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
'Your hill'. Lol.

You've been a bit ambiguous. Are you forcing these guys out or befriending them?

Or perhaps, just signalling?

Yeh I look at it as my hill, and the people who I share it with.
Smackheads getting drunk on the bench in my street can do one down the hill. I don't mind it on the smugglers steps but in my street no, I'll kick them off and have done so a few times with threat of violence.
Do you not believe me or something?

If smackheads behave then we are cool, but if they cause a problem in my life then I adopt alternative strategies with my son.
Wouldn't you protect your home environment?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

all the things they would do and all the beat downs they would lay on people if they saw someone doing this or that?

someone would definitely call the cops or get in your # about it trying to be a cowboy righting some wrong. they think it is up to them for enforce that #.

IDK what city the OP is from but I can assure you that behavior would NOT be tolerated around here even if late at night. I've seen people hassled for not walking a straight enough line down the sidewalk or road (police assuming they were drunk).

I can understand the "cowboys" giving someone a hard time, especially if it is done in public / out in the open. There could be kids around, driving by (driver or passenger) and some people don't want their kids exposed to this sort of thing at a "young" age let alone ever in some cases.

Heck, I don't think it is even legal to drink alcohol in public, on public land, and that is why people put bottles in a paper bag. It's the only time you see people drinking from something in a paper, or plastic bag - you don't have to be a genius to know what they are doing. It would be less conspicuous to pour it in a soda/pop/water bottle and drink from that, or a fountain drink cup.

Allowing that kind of thing in public is a step towards the moral decay of a society. It is along the lines of allowing perversions to become accepted and or mainstreamed - where there are those who are staunchly opposed to it anywhere, those who just want it kept to to themselves (done in private), those who don't care one way or the other and those who want to make the perversion accepted.

It depends on if you think it makes society better or worse by having it out in public. If it makes it worse or could be harmful to some people then it should be kept private and at most extreme banned (especially if it hurts someone else - bystander, victim, etc). I'm disgusted to see what some people are trying to push as to what should be acceptable in society even if they are doing it gradually.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso
Meth is not a thing here, the most destructive drug is Heroin, they are the folk selling their bodies and stealing to fund their habit.
The crazy thing is every cop knows who is selling it but if they do a big bust and addicts are needing it, it causes them more public order issues. They let it slide here, and let the community deal with it.
I asked a cop last year why they don't arrest the guys we all know are dealing, he replied manpower and policy decisions.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join