It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drugs drugs everywhere, and not a cop to blink...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CX
You get where I'm coming from, nice one.
There is a real world and an ATS world lol

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

. . . people actually back them up up now . . .

Two weeks ago I saw a cop car parked with the lights on and no-one in sight. I parked in front of a wine shop and told the shopkeeper I was going across the road to offer help to what could have been a lone cop down in the woods where dead junkies are sometimes found. The shopkeeper said, "That's OK, as long as you aren't too long". Generous of him.

When I got there four smiling coppers came strolling out of the woods. I told them I'd come to offer help if it was a lone cop and they thanked me for it. Later the same day someone threatened to call the police on me over a very minor disagreement. Immediately I started ranting about defending The Office of Constable and helping cops at the side of the road. He turned and walked off, I hope he had a think about it. The fool thought just because I look like a lout he could use police as his personal bully-boys. Times have changed.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester
Same mate, cops here love being backed up by the people, done it a few times when a lone cop with his lame stick was losing the battle. ...they even forget about drug laws if you defend them haha

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: TinySickTears

It's very different now. Must have been like NY city back in the 70s.

It's really beautiful now and getting gentrified since the crash of 08.

I love it.

central avenue was a #hole when i left. the dividing line between white and black. nice part of town and the bad stuff.

went back for vacation in 2015 and i could not believe it.
sushi restaurants. art galleries. it was pretty awesome to see

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The "war on drugs" was lost before it was set up. All drugs should be legalized to take it out of the hands of criminals. It would stop instantly all these knife crimes in the smoke as these are only drug turf wars.
Now the police, that's a different matter. Look at it this way, in the last couple of years police numbers have fallen and now they are playing the victim card. The biggest one "we do not have the manpower to stop or control drug dealing", or "we do not have the manpower to control or stop petty crime". Add in vehicle thefts, house breaking, violence etc. etc.
BBuutt they've got enough manpower when 6 of them sit alongside a road all day catching speeders. They've got enough manpower when 30 of them on motorbikes turn out to follow a pushbike race. And they'll have enough manpower when it comes time for their annual Christmas drink driving blitz. Plus loads of other easy money making, criminalizing the normal man schemes.
They're waiting for the public outcry "we don't have enough police to stop all this crime", then they will say to the government "we told you this would happen". Job done.
Only one way to cure it, get all the idle bas####s out of their souped up cars and make them walk the beat again.

(post by 0zzymand0s removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I've moved to a small community where I have never been happier. The majority of the population here are elderly and I'm a man in my 30's, so quite the contrast but it's where I choose to live.

Occasionally I'll go to the city nearest to me where you can see all manners of meth addicts, wannabe gangster types and their rotten ilk towing in line. Quite frankly I find it disgusting what society has become and I want no part of it whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

All those old people are probably full of more legal highs than the meth addicts if you think about it.

But that's sound because society deems there addictions to be socially acceptable and legal.

Some of them might even have been wannabe gangster types in their day.

I understand where you are coming from through but consider that there are good and bad people in all walks of life.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I've considered it, and if you'd look beyond the look on my face, you may also find someone you find agreeable. Cheers

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

They are talking about legalizing medical pot; only the big boys will have a license to grow it.. Otherwise if you get a piss test and found positive off to a very unsatisfactory jail. By the time your case is heard you have gotten used to a very overcrowded jail cell with the other 40/60 inmates in a cell that was meant to hold 10 at most. The big news items are not so much pot as someone is usually captured a couple of times a month with a zillion meth pills they are bringing into country. They are locked up and the key is thrown away or they are executed.

Needless to say I have not seen or smelled drug use for over 10 years in this country. The last news item was some Dude sniffed glue went paranoid and took a club to some Chinese tourist and bloodied them up.. They survived and he is in jail without anymore glue..

Friends that have been back to the Philippians have said the place is now cleaned up beyond anyone/s wildest dreams as far as drug use. Some are even talking about moving back as the crime rate has dropped along with the elimination of the drugs and the pushers..

I think most of southeast Asia is pretty hard on drugs as far as the laws are concerned yet I have no doubt if someone wants something it is available.. The question then becomes, "do you feel lucky" ?

I grew up in the 60s playing in a band in the states.. None of us used drugs other than drinking alcohol; most of us grew up and other than the occasional social drink leave that stuff alone also ... Fast forward several years as each of us went our own way. Our lead singer got hooked up with a pretty girl who was nothing but a hard core pot head.. He became one also along with other stuff after his stent in the Navy.. What a wasted life he ended up with IMO..but his life his choice. Natural selection is alive and well IMO.

So bottom line for me is when or if the drugs start flowing freely around here I will vote with my feet and move to another country.. I have no patience for anyone whose main goal is to find their next fix or hit..

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

I find most people agreeable.

The trick is simply to treat them how you find them.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Thanks for the great replies and keeping within ATS terms and conditions.
Anyone reading this please share your stories as I find it fascinating how our different societies function with drug use.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

If in fact they cared,then liquor would be banned 1st,it is the most addicting and famous through the years of demise,just a control method

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2
Gosh yes, I was chuckling with a mate the other day about booze being legal but cannabis is not. The whole law is nuts.
Cops have told me they prefer a job at a house full of stoners than a drunken coc aine fuelled house party, for obvious violence reasons.

edit on 21-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: typo

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
A mate worked a bar at a manor house garden wedding recently DJ arrived and left by helicopter, 200 grand wedding and the place was awash with coke openly, even on the bar.
Anecdotal evidence from a 3rd party of course but true story...in my world it really is drugs drugs everywhere.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Drugs drugs everywhere oh too right, it's like a scene from Thiller around our local cities , even the cops put out on national news that they are struggling to cope with a new drug just introduced called Monkey Dust. Apparently it makes the user feel invisible with he strength of ten men, the cops have to use many constables just to pin down one user, sounds like a nightmare scenario. I think I've seen some on it while on deliveries and they looked a handful, arms swinging all over the place and eyes popping out of their faces. Looked mental

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Drama queen? I don't break into fisticuffs when my sensibilities are offended.

I'm just saying, there's a fine line and you're choosing to be firmly on the criminal side of it. Just like the people you condemn.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail
I'm not condemning anyone for breaking laws, I don't follow laws if I disagree with them.
You are being a drama queen just desperate to find something to disagree with lol.
I shift anti social behaviour from outside my house back to the shady alleys where it belongs. Why you have a problem with that I can't imagine.
Are you like one of them drones who calls cops to fix things for you?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
Spice is the crazy one here, people like those still human statues paralysed not moving.
I always check welfare if they are on the floor but don't call 999 anymore as paramedics are sick of it and they'll be back to normal in an hour or so, just put them in the recovery position.

EDIT
The poor young lass who sells her body for her heroin and a place to stay I mentioned earlier offered me some Spice the other day. I'd bumped into her while she was loading her pipe, said thanks but no thanks too scared to try it.
edit on 21-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Justso
Meth is not a thing here, the most destructive drug is Heroin, they are the folk selling their bodies and stealing to fund their habit.
The crazy thing is every cop knows who is selling it but if they do a big bust and addicts are needing it, it causes them more public order issues. They let it slide here, and let the community deal with it.
I asked a cop last year why they don't arrest the guys we all know are dealing, he replied manpower and policy decisions.

I live in a city of 70+k well up North in Scotland and have many friends in to everything you can name ,seen it all tried it all but no just give me a joint and a beer and i am a happy man

The amount of money this generates on a weekly basis is stager ring the cops ARE CREATING the problem , i have been struggling to get a bit of smoke for Many many months yet i can get anything else i want within minutes go figure

I make phone calls to friend about the place as one does and all the little packages i receive all are from the same batch of resin ? almost like 1 group are making it and keping one area dry to get the young onto harder stuff in a area where they bust you sling you in jail etc for a mouse dropping of cannabis resin ( 0.001 ) the same dealers of hard drugs get busted at the same time every year / year on year and get away with it almost like paying a tax ?

I like saying to users of hard stuff that sticking H into themselves are for kids , real men inject Alcohol into those veins

And the prices ?? 15 for a g of grass ! 40 for a 7 g deal of resin time we went legal in the uk imho and uncle charlie is a 100 round here

chaos is good for business kkken

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join