It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Ahhhhh! I tried to kill a centipede and it got away. The other day it was a spider, now a friggin centipede. I'm freaking out, Hubby is laughing like hell. I told him to fill in the damned cracks in the wall! OMG, OMG, OMG! Help!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Wouldn't it be better to rehouse the caterpillar via the glass and card trick rather than leaving a nasty stain on some surface or other? I don't want to sound gay, but, oh dear me dear! I don't like cleaning though, so there is that.
There is a very small but visible blood stain in my room. The only one. The mosquito had first sucked the blood out of me and then I splattered it all over the wall! (Well, I couldn't just let her get away with it, could I?) Then I discovered that the bright white shining wall didn't like having blood on it. I learned my lesson and never splattered mosquitoes all over that wall again.

Did the caterpillar win the fight?
edit on 13/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Good morning Shed!
We've taken a cold snap here and I've taken to my ear muffs. Okay, it's not really cold by some folks standards but, 40s and 50s F is cold to me. I am a hot weather person!

I bought a pop up camper, it is a glorified tent for anyone who isn't familiar. I'm going to start cleaning on it today and, hopefully, with a little luck take it out next weekend. I still have my tents and all of my back country equipment because let's face it, there are times and places that a camper (even a small one!) won't suit. I am getting older, LOL, and it would be nice to be off of the ground through the fall/winter months.

Since my brother's passing and my sister and sister in laws failing health, I've been quite busy and I think that while "we" are in a sort of holding pattern that me and the family should get out of dodge for a bit. I'm planning a trip to the new place in Florida but, think it's better to wait until the mass of storm damage is somewhat repaired and folks are sort of back to normal and "okay". I don't want to be in the way AND I don't want to use up supplies that are not necessary for me at the moment.

On a happier note, my youngest (graduating in December) has been accepted to the college that she chose and I am thrilled at her excitement. My oldest is preparing to begin working regularly (all the bad stuff seems to have passed or is on hiatus) and she is excited at the prospect so all is well there

I'm sorry to read of folks dilemmas and although I don't often comment, I DO keep you all in my thoughts and heart. I don't think of you all as "folks I chat with", after all of these years, I think of you all as friends.

*nod to both Janes

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
That poor cat lol.

I like pop up campers. Are you going to have a heater? What's the temp like? It's been cold here.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I haven't decided on a heat source yet...it came with no heat/air so...

I'll have to figure something out for the nights, my sleeping bags and down comforters, hot water bottle, some disposable heat packs. There is a small stove but, I don't want to poison myself

It has gotten down into the 40s F at night and is only supposed to be 60 or so today. I know that may sound warm-ish but up here on this plateau if there is the slightest breeze it will cut right through you.

Good to see you Skiddy!

ETA: I'll take some pics later, when it warms up outside. That will be a "before" pic and then in a few weeks I'll take an "after"...hopefully there is an after.
LOL
edit on 13-10-2018 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Thinking more about it, I always put a mat under my bag. The odd thing about the pop up is that the bed area is above the ground so the wind can travel underneath and around. I think I'll find a carpet remnant or those little sample squares and line the base for the mattress. I'm afraid that once the metal shell parts get cold, it will be like a freezer...no insulation of course. I may be over thinking it all, of course.

The first trip will be lots of trial and error, I'm sure.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Coffee Anyone ?

quote from Chirp I DO keep you all in my thoughts and heart. I don't think of you all as "folks I chat with", after all of these years, I think of you all as friends.
My sentiment too and back at ya.
Jeez girl, sounds chilly but I get your adventures spirit. I used to sleep out side for years not all through winter though. Back then I had a Reindeer hide, it was part of the mattress and closest to my skin. They are among the warmest pelts because the hairs are hollow.
I picked it up on a trip to Narvik Norway, hitch hiked back down to Kristiansand, some 1500 kilometers. It was fairly fresh and stank. It kept me safe because I smelled like dead animal.

I am happy to see you in a cheerful mood, always in my thoughts. PM to you.

Hi Skiddy and Light Have some coffee.

edit on 13-10-2018 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

You hitch-hiked 1500 kilometres in a very cold country with nothing but a stinky pelt for warmth? I'll pass on the coffee.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I have the day off, yeah. Actually four days off, I only work three days per week, and am compensated twice the amount of the previous job. It is a miracle.
Not up to much, cooking maybe; I got cabbage ham carrots onions green onion potatoes, that should make a good hardy soup, walking, snoozing.
"Baby sitting " a friend while her husband works, she broke her ankle. Yesterday we played National Geographic Trivia for hours, I think we'll continue today.
Do a little Halloween tinkering perhaps with a story, dunno.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I think I can speak for many of us when I say: (takes deep breath)

I'm happy to hear you are working less hours, earn more, have more free-time and are enjoying life more. So to hear.

I'd give you a hug but, that pelt.
edit on 13/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Grammar!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

No silly. I had the pelt in my back pack to take home, there was also some very nice goat cheese that together with the pelt become a very efficient "Mugger" repellant. Who's gonna mug a stinky eighteen year old? Just say'n. To add to that I ate my food "Al Fresco" over very smokie fires to ward off mosquitoes. I was only accosted once by an old perv.

So I was eighteen, it wasn't during winter but in May, the only snow and cold was on Polar circle and there was hardly any left.

The coffee is fine it is fresh.

edit on 13-10-2018 by WalkInSilence because: Just

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
I'd give you a hug but, that pelt.

The pelt "died" many years ago, it was a sad day. The smell went away completely after some time, it was just real fresh.

So how about that hug? We could claim it Hug Day Marathon in here today. No one is here to oppose us so let's do it.
The official HUG DAY MARATHON has begun

There are no rules any hug goes, there is no forced participation, all hugs are free, you can give and take as many or as little as you like. Happy Hugging.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Yes, coffee please and a hug
I've been trying to give hugs away for years!

It's warmed up to a balmy 46 so off I go to start the day. I wanted to comment on the hide and how cool your life story is (at least the parts I've been privileged to hear about).
I also wanted to share a pic of Wally the Wiener after his FAST trek out to relieve himself this morning. He's been side eyeing me ever since.

(((hugs)))

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Before I fly off.

These are Norwegian trolls, rather friendly if I may say so.

Chirp, thanks for the Hug, Wiener is adorable, my Rottie would be a "Brat" comparatively. Hugs must fly. Damn Broom, I need an upgrade.

You too Light, thanks.

Oh, here's the coffee.

edit on 13-10-2018 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Good to see you too. Keep warm.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I just hope for you that there is a statute law limitation for illegally importing the pelt of an endangered animal. Even if you were only 18. I won't tell a soul.

I draw the line at stinky cheese though. You can't just walk past a government employee at the airport carrying a pound of stinky cheese without being stopped. Unless the pelt smells more perhaps...
edit on 13/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Okay Night, more PM's for you when you get up today.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
My ears are burning again....maybe I should go to a Doctor...? Damn...

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hugs? I'll give you a bunch. Out of gratitude, and well, just because.

[[[[[[WIS]]]]]]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join