It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
That thing with the long summer could also be a factor here. We had the overall hottest summer in 244 years. That is, our day-by-day weather data only goes back to 1775, so the actual time could be way longer.

By "overall hottest", they mean that if they add up the maximum temps for every day of summer then divide it by the number of summer days, the average daily temp is the highest ever recorded.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

LOL!

I'm hanging in there Hun. Tired, but with the much needed increase in a couple of meds through the months, I guess it's no surprise. That and my sleeping pattern is all over the place.

Worried about Mark being a stage 4 with kidney problems is scary on top of his other health issues. Diet is a huge challenge with him as he is so limited. Even certain vegetables have to be limited and they happen to be the ones he loves. Gah!. It's ridiculous.

Think I'll go play in the rain out in Accasia, jump in the puddles and hang out with the mermaids on the rocks.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Sometimes when I think about all the things some of my shed family is dealing with, it makes my silly problems seem petty. From Mike and dada, to you and Paul, Blue, Fin, WiS,Jacy, and so many others.

I don't post often. Conversation/small talk is not one of my strong points, but I hope you ALL feel the positive vibes I send out as I lurk along.

Sincerely,
~joe

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Good name for a drink.

"Barman, I'll have a mermaid on the rocks."

ETA It sounds sexy and different too. A name that would sell. I think I might register the name just in case I can figure out what the ingredients should be later and make more money than Red Bull can dream of.

I had a dream once (I was 18) wherein I had a load of money, real money, in a suitcase under my bed. I don't know, I won the lottery or had a rich uncle or something. When I woke up I looked under the bed for my suitcase. It wasn't there. To say that was one of the most crushing experiences that wasn't even real I have ever had is an understatement.
edit on 11/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

ETA2 I never forgot that dream.
edit on 11/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA2

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

To me, no problem is petty. Don't ever feel that you can't share something, no matter what it is.

Your positive vibes are much appreciated and I'm sure that I can speak for us all when saying that. It is wonderful to see you when you show up and keep us company. Hugs!

You have a lot of company out there in lurker mode. Waves at all the Shed lurkers!

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
*Tips Mi'Cups Up To Joe And Lurkers*

Ayyyyyyy...

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

Is this the real Brent? What's in that cup you're drinking? I might want some. It isn't warm beer right?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

To be honest, I find some of the names difficult to keep track of too. Unless I'm very much mistaken we've got:

A Chooch, a Chirp and a Blue.
A Wis, a Light, an Autorico.
At least 2 Dave's (Dave's not here man!) and a Gordi.
A Sheye, a Raine and a Phoenix.
JustMike (not just Mike), a kaelci and a Fin.
A Mike, an Errollore and a Bug whispering in the bushes.

I'm sure I've forgotten plenty of names though.
edit on 11/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Bahahaha! Yes it does get confusing doesn't it? By the Way, Errollorre is Tom and his lovely wife is Gail. Kaelci is Belinda and others, I don't know if they wish their real names revealed. Some I don't know.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinocchio
*Tips Mi'Cups Up To Joe And Lurkers*

Ayyyyyyy...

Jeopardy is on, I'll check back in after.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Pouring out there. Think I saw lightening. In case I disappear, it's because I had to shut my computer down.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Silly story. I was walking home last night and a young woman with the keys went to open the door to the large hair-dresser building next door. It's around 10 pm. Instead of seeing her put the key in the door she raises her foot as if she is going to kick the door in! LOL

2 paces further I see that she is not kicking but waving her foot around near the keyhole. I remark to her that I thought she was going to kick the door in and ask her what the problem is. Then I see it. Yup. There is a spiders-web complete with spider close to the keyhole. Being the gentleman that I am, I gently remove the web and the spider disappears. She seemed quite grateful.
She had to promise me she wouldn't stamp on it.
edit on 11/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Good deed done!

I'm sure the woman and the spider were grateful.

It's funny, I won't abide a spider in the house.. it creeps me out, they get what they have coming when they are invading my personal space..

But,

When I see them in my garden I leave them be and try not to hit there webs with the hose..

Every once in a while my mom will come down to the garden when she takes Bella(layna's sister) for a walk. She always gets freaked out when she sees them and I have to remind her, they eat the bugs that eat our veggies...

They are unpaid contract killers of all manor of garden pests..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I wish that I had more to say than just the above but this is how I feel today.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

That's the thing with spiders. First you see them (on the wall), you turn away and 3 seconds later you don't see them any more. Brrrr! But every creature that can possibly kill mosquitoes is alright in my book. If I have a spider inside it's the old "glass and card" trick. Never kill. I do the same thing with flies and mosquitoes too. It can get tiring.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Blue,
I wish I could do more than offer words of encouragement. It sounds so shallow to just say I hope things get better or work out, it seems vapid to say stay positive or hang in there.

I know the things you are dealing with are not so simple as to have a one size fits all solution. And I won't patronize you by trying to offer up a cliche.

What I can do is offer a hug or a shoulder to lean on, or a pair of ears to listen if you need to vent, and a space in my nightly blessings.

/Hugs Bro

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Thank you Joe, a hug is all I needed anyway. I'm without anyone to talk to face to face to get their views on how things are going and what I should be doing other than waiting for something to happen.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I've dealt with state insurance, it is nothing but waiting. I feel your pain.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

A hero! Oh no, you just reminded of the one that got loose here the other day. OMG, it moved fast and by the time I got up to hit it with something it was nowhere to be found. It's still here...somewhere.
They creep me out so bad. I wadded up little pieces of peppermint oil soaked paper towel and placed them around my table here where I sit with my laptop.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

I wish that I had more to say than just the above but this is how I feel today.

Oh no!

How I wish I could change things for the better for you and all of us dear Blue. Hugs for you!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join