It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Real quick. Where is Fins' poem I can't find it? Thank you. Whoosh.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Thank you, Raine.

Back and hence leg = horrible. I just use pain meds to the max. My doc has given me permission to exceed the "standard" doses because he knows they are just not helping much. He knows I won't do anything too stupid. So I am writing this while under two times the (so-called) "standard" oxycodone dose, plus using secondary opiates (fentanyl and tremabine) to help relieve the pain -- but all with my doctor's advice and guidance. And as you can see, it has virtually no effect on my mental capabilities. However, at least at this level of dosage, the pain is bearable.

The problem is that there is no such thing as an "average" person: that is just a statistical construct and every doctor will consider their patient according to real-world conditions, not some chart of averages. My tolerance to these opiates is stupidly high for some reason, so the "standard" dose does almost nothing for me.

However -- and this is vitally important -- I am taking my doses according to my doctor's guidance. No-one should ever use prescription meds of such strength (ie, potentially fatal opiate overdose if you get it wrong), without their doctor's advice and very specific guidance!

Just consider the coding I had to insert into this post. Most people would be off in fairy land (nice place!
) just with my basic opiate, let alone the two others I am also using. But I am still keeping track of everything I take (I note it all down) and will not go over what my doc has advised: better to suffer some pain for a while than feel nothing forever by getting the treatment wrong!

I wrote the above to help others. I know what really bad pain is like. So do you, Raine. But you also know that the strongest drugs to kill pain can also kill people. I am writing this post under the influence of three very powerful opiates, but I'm fine -- because I am strictly following the advice of a very highly qualified MD.

Just saying...

Meanwhile, we had a good day. Dada is doing okay and I was able to get a load of washing done and hang it up to dry. Without the meds my doc prescribed -- and his advice on how I may use them -- I couldn't have done anything today.

edit on 13/10/18 by JustMike because: Dohhh... Typos.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Fins positive rap-

Hear the wind blow / Like you, it just wants to go 
Flow upon the tallest of mountains / And the fountains of youth 
Because the truth / Is something to be found from inside 
No need to hide / Or hear later “They lied!” 
See the leaves drop from the trees / At ease 
Breeze / Will bring you all the remedies 
That you ever wished for / And more 
Let it cleanse you like never before 
Feel the changing season / Sense emotion and reason 
Maintain balance / And gratitude 
Longitude and latitude

----

/giganticSpastic-Fantasticintergalactic-organicNotPlastic-sillyWaysfromtheMilkyway-onasaturday-beerChugging-careAndLovin'-NotAMugging-Huggings!

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 13-10-2018 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

You write some really cool stuff, man. I don't always follow all of it, but I still enjoy reading it.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Thank you Mike, I wanted to find his post so I could star and reply.
Here is a Marathon Hug.

Pigs are amazing beings, but I do need to work on my hugs. Your signatures are a delight. Whoosh.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Finspiracy wrote the poem/rap in italics

But I'll take the compliment and run away before you can take it back..lol

I have a few screws and rods in my neck, I find your posts very inspiring , the way you and Dada handle every thing with such grace ..

I saw that pic you posted of her and your cat.. she has the most warm, loving eyes..

Dada,... not the cat...lol

/Hugs Bro

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Raine,if you have to face surgery one day, (which I might have soon as well), you just have to put it in a compartment in your mind and not let it get to you too much. That's what I'm doing. It's still scary, but without the surgery, where will I be? A life of pain and crutches, at best?

We have to try and keep looking forward. Again, that's what I'm doing -- or at least, it's what I'm trying to do.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

He posted it on page 11.

I missed it yesterday and was catching up this morning when I found it.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Oh yes! I'll take hugs and give them freely!

Oh crap, I have been busy around the house and forgot to check my PM's earlier. Thanks for the reminder!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Oh no! Poor bunny! I hope he can recover.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The cat's a Tom, so there is no confusion.

Looks like I could wind up with a few screws in my lumbar region, but oh well... It beats the alternative, right?

If I get down -- and I do --it's for like ten minutes. But I refuse to have my life messed up by some stupid back problem. If they can fix it,wonderful. If they can't, then I will darned well find a way to live with it.

But I've been spoiled. I had a fiance who was quadriplegic, but we still got her into university. She was amazing and taught me a lot about dealing with disabilities.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

That deserves an extra hug

Whoosh. Chopping onions and cabbage.
edit on 13-10-2018 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Very good advice! I'm glad to hear that Dada is doing well and that you were able to get laundry done today.

I know that I could get stronger meds if I asked. It took me a very long time just to request an increase in dosage of one of my regular pain meds. There was one specifically for nerve damage that I can take up to 3 times a day and I only took one for years and recently started taking two because the other leg is way worse. The side affects are scary, but I could no longer tolerate the pain and I can take a lot of pain. The back pain from spinal stenosis and other spinal issues is very bad and I also have arthritis so it can get severe at times. Winters are the worse.

I have had pain for so many years, I forgot what it felt like to be pain free. The meds help at times and other times not so much.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

See that's what I'm talking about!

I admire your relationship, No matter what life throws at you both, you have each other to lean on.
And to me that's just beautiful.

Ok gang, I promised I would make dinner, so I'm gonna be AFP (away from phone) for a bit, I'll check back in after jeopardy.

Happy Hugs Day !

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hey Joe! Hello Damla if you are still here! Hello Wis! Busy right now, but popping in and out. I'll go read my Pm's now.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Oh no! Poor bunny! I hope he can recover.

He did last time, but I know it's no guarantee. It's not like he went a whole day without eating, just didn't touch his food overnight at all. A big clue that something is wrong with a rabbit is when they don't touch any of their food at all -- hay, pellets, veggies. He gets basically a mixed salad and a few small pieces of fresh apple at night alongside a small amount of pellets and his hay, it's his favorite fresh mix, and he didn't touch any of it. Alarm bells went off this morning.
What that means is it was caught early enough to reverse it, but he still went a few hours too long before starting the force feeding (we didn't know, we were asleep!)

It's going to be a few days of trying to get 10 or so CCs of that slurry in him every 2 or 3 hours, with extra doses of simethicone (anti-gas drops) to counteract any gas produced by a slowed down digestive tract.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

You are a good bunny Mom. I can only hope that your sweet pet will be ok.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

What's for dinner? Mine is still cooking. Now I have to decide on some veggies.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Poor Bunny. Hello to sick bunny.

It must be very stressful to you, I hate when my babies suffer and I can't do anything. Hugs in bundles.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

You are one mean cookie Mike, I admire your attitude and you inspire me.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join