It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter #Shadowban Anyone else have this happen?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

At some point,
we are going to have to require
The FCC to Fine and Penalize
companies that restrict free speech
on a Public Utility.

The sooner the better.

S&F

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal

At some point,
we are going to have to require
The FCC to Fine and Penalize
companies that restrict free speech
on a Public Utility.

The sooner the better.

S&F

Should we start here at Ats ...

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I think that Twitter is just having problems.

I made a brand new account, had not made a single post, had not even verified my email and had the exact same error happen ~30 seconds later.

ETA: Not troll, cant get back into my old account, which was pretty inactive anyways.

edit on 6-10-2018 by WillTunqure because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2018 by WillTunqure because: spelling

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
It happened to me. Anybody that heavily Retweets right leaning individuals or argues effectively on topics such as Brexit, Trump or Islamic Terror will attract a shadowbanning. Twitter is not an open forum, it's a battleground and the left controls the skies, calling in 'admin strikes' at will.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: justwokeup
It happened to me. Anybody that heavily Retweets right leaning individuals or argues effectively on topics such as Brexit, Trump or Islamic Terror will attract a shadowbanning. Twitter is not an open forum, it's a battleground and the left controls the skies, calling in 'admin strikes' at will.

Holy crap, the left still has some control ! The sky really is falling...

edit on 6-10-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This thread left me wondering something. On every ATS thread page there is a Twitter widget, face book etc. How much information can that collect on a twitter user while on ATS?

Anyone know?

If people are being the tracked and censored for their political views, or online activity outside of twitter this way, that would be some next level stuff.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

I got locked out of ATS login a couple of weeks ago. It asked me if I had tried to log in from Turkey and when I said no it asked me to reset my password. I have a facebook account that I use only for messenger. I have a twitter account that I seldom use but I have posted political stuff on there and I have been critical no harshly critical of the president and I've even tweeted directly to him criticizing him and I've never been shadow banned.
ATS has banned me from posting as a method of discipline and here I am exclusively political and very critical of the right.
What should I assume from that huh?

Im going to assume that I broke the posting rules not that Im being targeted for my political views. I hope thats not the case.
You werent banned. It was a lock out like trying to enter a password too many times thats all.

But I have to say Im not surprised that you have tried to find a way to work around the rules.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I have posted political stuff on there and I have been critical no harshly critical of the president and I've even tweeted directly to him criticizing him and I've never been shadow banned.

That's because you're part of the establishment and do not contradict their narrative.

Try the opposite and you'll see what happens.

ATS has banned me from posting as a method of discipline and here I am exclusively political and very critical of the right.
What should I assume from that huh?

As you said, it's a method of discipline. Are you claiming you're being censored on ATS?

Im going to assume that I broke the posting rules not that Im being targeted for my political views.

That's the smartest assumption you've ever made.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
This thread left me wondering something. On every ATS thread page there is a Twitter widget, face book etc. How much information can that collect on a twitter user while on ATS?

Anyone know?

If people are being the tracked and censored for their political views, or online activity outside of twitter this way, that would be some next level stuff.

Are you suggesting management sold out their users long ago....

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I don't think it has anything to do with likes or follows. This is my view from a new private window from Firefox after all history and cookies have been cleaned from the cache:

I can go to Vasa's twitter page, and I can see his icon in the list of those who have replied, but his actual tweet is not visible.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

All for having conservative views. No profanity, threats, nudity. Just memes mostly.

So you're saying you are a Nazi racist. Obviously.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No, because these social media widgets are on all kinds of websites.

I'm not suggesting ATS did anything sinister here, just genuinely curious about how much information those widgets on every thread page can collect, send, receive from users on ATS to/from twitter, facebook etc.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Nope. I don't use a platform like Twitter, I don't feel a need to interact with people. I say my opinion and leave.

I don't do circle jerks.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

Which public utility? The internet? You have no rights on the internet. You agree to use Twitter, it's their house. If they don't want you to say something, or feel like banning you, even for no legitimate reason, you have no recourse.

Just like you have no rights to be in my house if I say so.

Eta there is nothing public about the internet at all. It's all served, owned, and run by corporate entities.
edit on 6-10-2018 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: Wildmanimal

Which public utility? The internet? You have no rights on the internet. You agree to use Twitter, it's their house. If they don't want you to say something, or feel like banning you, even for no legitimate reason, you have no recourse.

Just like you have no rights to be in my house if I say so.

Eta there is nothing public about the internet at all. It's all served, owned, and run by corporate entities.

Even if the house in question advertises itself as a publishing platform open to all which it does.

If there are certain views the platform does not want, they need to say so openly, but they won't because they know the backlash and lost revenue that would happen.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: loam

I don't think it has anything to do with likes or follows. This is my view from a new private window from Firefox after all history and cookies have been cleaned from the cache:

I can go to Vasa's twitter page, and I can see his icon in the list of those who have replied, but his actual tweet is not visible.

And I can get messages and see that people have responded.

It is just that I am invisible...

Haven't heard back from Twitter support yet either.

So strange.....literally a virtual nobody on Twitter....and I am shadowbanned.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I was banned for my very first tweet-it was to trump.

I made a tongue in cheek joke 'how's that wall coming along?' no malice, no cursing...just asking a harmless question in good humor, nope...banned.

I don't know what goes on at twitter or how the screening works, I have no political affiliation whatsoever, I guess observational humor is a social faux pas nowadays.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

This is exactly why I don't use social media. It's the one single mass influencial way...that the "bad guys-whomever and whichever sites" too...can upset every person, teenager, group, company, organization, affiliation....can disrupt even crash all things.

Just consider: Those of us who use smartphones, p.c.'s, tablets, laptops and notebooks...who don't Twitter or Snapchat or Instagram..anything...get and have no issues...and hence, don't worry.

This issues will only get worse like the Tower of Babel in the Bible. One minute everyone could communicate with each other...the next? NO-one could communicate with each other.

The ultimate weapon of mass-destruction...inability in an instant to communicate with kids, family, work, news etc.

Sorry you're experiencing this, but it's gonna get worse and with more devices and systems..

M.S.

edit on 6-10-2018 by mysterioustranger because: coffee

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Parishna

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Parishna

The only power it has over you is the power you give it.

Good grief.. Can you pretend to be any more dense.

Multiply those of us who DO NOT use social media, by those that still do.

It's not common core math, you know.

Speaking of dense, how many ways does this need to be explained to you so that you understand.

I DO FKN UNDERSTAND,

It's the millions of people who DON'T UNDERSTAND that you will have to deal with en masse. What is it that YOU don't bloody understand.

Strike a light, you're so smart huh... If only everyone you met was just like you huh.

The only power it has over you is the power you're willing to give it. Now that may seem like some sort of voodoo magic, however it is as simple as self control, if your ego needs to be stoked you are weak and therefor easy to exploit... It really is that simple.

You're simply an idiot. There are millions of people who will NOT follow your sage oh so genius advice. They will, in fact, follow the bull# narrative that is being fed to them. And YOU and I will have to deal with it. But you stick to your guns little buddy, tell them they're wrong, it surely will make them see the error of their ways... and while you're at it, tell yourself you're super smart and attack anyone who tells you that you're not.

Hey everyone, stop doing things, and you wont be addicted to smokes, heroin, sex, driving fat (and yes I said fat) cars, sky diving... eerything. Just say NO, right?? Problem solved.

Why is everyone still doing things I said not to do? They're idiots.. maybe if I tell them again.
edit on 6-10-2018 by Parishna because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

This is exactly why I don't use social media. It's the one single mass influencial way...that the "bad guys-whomever and whichever sites" too...can upset every person, teenager, group, company, organization, affiliation....can disrupt even crash all things.

Just consider: Those of us who use smartphones, p.c.'s, tablets, laptops and notebooks...who don't Twitter or Snapchat or Instagram..anything...get and have no issues...and hence, don't worry.

This issues will only get worse like the Tower of Babel in the Bible. One minute everyone could communicate with each other...the next? NO-one could communicate with each other.

The ultimate weapon of mass-destruction...inability in an instant to communicate with kids, family, work, news etc.

Sorry you're experiencing this, but it's gonna get worse and with more devices and systems..

M.S.

Damn, your hat is perfect!!!

And you also say quite well spoken words. I wish more people would understand them, but alas, we live in a world with more retarded people than people compos mentis.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join