It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter #Shadowban Anyone else have this happen?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Happened to me after tweeting support of Laura Ingrahm a few months ago.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Parishna

Thanks...

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: Wildmanimal

Which public utility? The internet? You have no rights on the internet. You agree to use Twitter, it's their house. If they don't want you to say something, or feel like banning you, even for no legitimate reason, you have no recourse.

Just like you have no rights to be in my house if I say so.

Eta there is nothing public about the internet at all. It's all served, owned, and run by corporate entities.

Even if the house in question advertises itself as a publishing platform open to all which it does.

If there are certain views the platform does not want, they need to say so openly, but they won't because they know the backlash and lost revenue that would happen.

Yeah. As a private platform, they are essentially committing fraud. And frittering away the *trust* of your brand, is not a good business model.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I don't know why censorship come as such a big shock to ppl when posting on tweeetter or myface. They are privately held companies and they can do what they want with in the law. If they want to delete you profile and ban you for life for saying you like dolphins then they can. Ppl need to understand most companies have some degree of political bias either one way or another.

Personnally I think twitter and instagram are stupid and just soap boxes to gain fake internet points. Everyone has an opinion and most are un-educated and not researched.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Yes. I created a new account recently. The first thing I did was follow Stephen Crowder, Ben Shapiro, and a few other conservative talk show hosts. Within 5 minutes of creating the account, my Twitter was locked. I didn’t even post anything.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Parishna

You sound like an addict someone that is unable to control their own emotions. Well keep calling me names if makes you feel better that still doesn't change that the only power twitter has over you or anyone else is the power you give it, and yes that goes for all of those other things you listed.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

Generally speaking, it is a good business practice to make the rules of the game clear prior to generally booting people for hidden rules they may violate.

If you say, everyone is welcome, and then keep a secret, in-house list that reads more like - everyone is welcome ... except for people who talk about x, y, and z ... possibly those who talk about r and s ... a smattering of those advocate for j ..." and all of a sudden you start banning those people for things they never knew they weren't supposed to talk about because you invited them in under the premise they could talk about anything, then there is a problem.

If you don't want people talking about dolphins, you need to be up front about it.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So....can anyone see my posts yet? I think they released me today....but not sure.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Kind of curious, you said they made you use CAPTCHA to prove you were not a bot?
Do any of your text Tweets get echoed in a way that might bring attention?

Ever notice some of those Captcha photo's have hidden information that doesn't look quite random?

edit on 6-10-2018 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

So....can anyone see my posts yet? I think they released me today....but not sure.

I see you now

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

I see you now

I have been released!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Scwheet, did they ever give you a reasonable excuse or just pablum?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I was banned 2 months ago. It was a convo about good things Trump has done. I pointed out that Trump had signed an EO prohibiting members of government from becoming lobbyists for 5 years after leaving government. Which I think is absolutely fantastic and something that surprise surprise is never talked about by the media. Wonder why hey lol?

That was my last comment on Twitter because my account was permanently suspended within the hour.

I had a total of 23 tweets. 21 of them dealt with comic book movies, the Edmonton Oilers(NHL hockey team for all the Euros and Yanks that might not know),the Green Bay Packers and a couple that had funny dog videos.

2 tweets were made in that one specific conversation. 1 about the EO and the 2nd contained a link to the EO information.

Banned within the hour. Asked for an account review and their response was that I was tweeting offensive material.

Twitter is a joke.
edit on 6-10-2018 by Carcharadon because: Edited for grammar and speeling lol.

edit on 6-10-2018 by Carcharadon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Ya and added a comment

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Scwheet, did they ever give you a reasonable excuse or just pablum?

Never got an answer at all....makes me wonder if I am locked down some other way.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

It's almost impossible to find a site that is an actual open forum, whether twitter or any site, "forum" is just a word with no meaning.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What I usually get is if I try to tweet anything politically incorrect, all of a sudden none of my tweets will send. They just get stuck in "sending tweet" mode forever, until I restart my phone. After I restart, none of them are stuck anymore, but none of them posted either.

ETA: This NEVER happens when I'm just posting something mundane.
edit on 7 10 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: completion1

The chans are pretty open but not for the faint of heart.

And if you think they're bad, just realize that there are deeper and darker places yet still out there not readily accessible.

Twitter and Facebook are so ubiquitous as to almost equate to being a public forum. The issue is in 'private' funding and EULAs granting them license to everything they are given access to.

As noted, regardless of whether you yourself use any of these platforms, it is rather obvious that they have a tremendous impact in today's society. Control of those platforms is critical to control of those who can be swayed by them as well.

This is the reasons they are so threatened by memes and the like. Information warfare has force multipliers they didn't think could be utilized by anyone other than themselves.

Lol, that was all stream of consciousness and I have no idea from whence it came, but tally ho!

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Facebook and Twitter are essentially attempts to do in America what China, North Korea and Iran do so well to their citizens: control information. People are only allowed to see what you want them to see, to control public opinion. And of course it's all run by progressives. Dissent is not allowed. Scary times.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Stop using Twitter and they'll stop using you.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join