It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter #Shadowban Anyone else have this happen?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This "more replies" thing has me baffled.

I don't get it on any other tweet.

Could they have flagged the title of the thread in some way?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Most likely the algorithm being all screwy.

I can only see Xue and mine.

What is odd, I push alot of Right leaning material, I haven't gotten any notice.

I'm small beans, at only 1.2k followers.

LOL...your page is a giant compared to mine....

Whopping 84 followers....

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
This happened because of your political views and not because, as you admit, you've been more active lately?

So, if you open your cmd promt or terminal and send 1000 icmp request to google, and then find you have to solve a captcha before you can access google.com via your browser, that too is caused by your political views?

When your email account is logged into from a public IP address that's not in the range of your usual IPs and you either get an alert or need to verify via a 2nd authentication method, that's also because of your political views?

Sorry...did I mention Google at all?

Haven't been banned from Google....that would be pretty future if you could pull that off..../sarc

This is about twitter and a shadowban, and yes I do think it has happened because of political views. I am not a bot and I was not banned completely from twitter. I am able to see my own posts like a normal Twitter feed....but nobody else can see them.

That is kinda what a shadowban is, though I thought the name itself would be a bit of a giveaway.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parishna

originally posted by: loam

Don't see your tweet.

Double checked. I see the ATS tweet. Just not your reply.

Same here. I don't see her reply.

Guessing this is you?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Can anyone see this retweet of the article I posted? It is under my first tweet.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

And I see an account that needs to verify it's not being accessed by a bot as the owner of the account admitted that it's been more active lately that usual.

Standard practice, hence the instructions
I gave that will prompt google.com to auth the same way.

As far as others not being able to see your tweets, post pics of your privacy settings, to verify you've not set it so only followers can see, and you need to verify that you've muted no one.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I'm not on twitter, but I followed the link. Saw 2 of the three comments it said it had. I could not see yours.
Does shadowban just relate to people who are not on twitter, or to people who are not your friends, or. . .

Well apparently it applies to all of twitter logged in or not. What makes it a shadowban is that I see my own posts as I posted earlier....nobody else can.

They got us talking to ourselves !!

😃

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Well neither of those tweets are offensive, and I see offensive tweets without the 'more replies' all of the time.

Follow Hillary Clinton and everything suddenly becomes offensive !!

😁

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

And I see an account that needs to verify it's not being accessed by a bot as the owner of the account admitted that it's been more active lately that usual.

As far as others not being able to see your tweets, post pics of your privacy settings, to verify you've not set it so only followers can see, and you need to verify that you've muted no one.

I get your suspicions but I am not going to go to the trouble of rolling through my Twitter security setting and take screen shots only to have you then say that I could have changed them right when I took the screen shots so you need a video....etc....etc...etc...

You must hate Kavanaugh.....

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

But can you see my reply that I posted the pic of?

And if not, can you post a pic of what you see?

Are you trying to dox us?

I already know who you are, your dogs name and I've strolled past your house on street view.

And that is just from your avatar.

lol

i kid i kid... You don't have a dog!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

So...this thread is in a forum that produces auto tweets for the ATS account. I just posted a response on Twitter.

I see the tweet but not the reply. Can see 3 other replies, though.

Can anyone here with Twitter see this?

Here is the twitter link.

twitter.com...

Can see the tweet but not your reply. Can, however, see 3 other replies

edit on 1052018 by Tanga36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I'm not on twitter, but I followed the link. Saw 2 of the three comments it said it had. I could not see yours.
Does shadowban just relate to people who are not on twitter, or to people who are not your friends, or. . .

Well apparently it applies to all of twitter logged in or not. What makes it a shadowban is that I see my own posts as I posted earlier....nobody else can.

They got us talking to ourselves !!

😃

Actually it kind of has me wondering if what each of us see here on ATS is every post.

Not sure how long you have been here, but we used to have a ignore button.

What if it is now automatic based on an algorithm that basically just links you to like minded people on the interwebs and we are literally typing responses to bots?

The number of members and online users and such at the bottom of the site can be manipulated....I have done it.

Hmmm....makes you wonder where AI can go and how far.....

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I just replied to that tweet, so we shall see

My view:

What's yours?

Lol, seems Xuen is shadowbanned too..

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tanga36

Does that mean you cant see it?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I get your suspicions but I am not going to go to the trouble of rolling through my Twitter security setting and take screen shots only to have you then say that I could have changed them right when I took the screen shots so you need a video....etc....etc...etc...

You must hate Kavanaugh.....

Nah, the technology I use isnt "magic" to me.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Tanga36

Does that mean you cant see it?

I cannot see your reply on Twitter. I see Xuenchen, winofiend and Arnie but yours is not there when I check on Twitter

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I only see winofiend's tweet above the line (before the no replies). The other two posters below the line.

And none of yours.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

i see it 👁‍🗨

do you see me?

Yep.

Can you post a pic of your screen showing mine?

And loam....can you post one of yours showing neither?

Both with time stamp please?

Ahh he's not shadowbanned.

Just you, it appears. I wouldn't be surprised if I were too, but I've had no complaints, and I don't post, just comment on posts.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Parishna

But I see him.

There has to be some association between the people we see and the ones we can't...and it appears to be different for each one of us.

edit on 5-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Parishna

We are being cross-pollinated 😤

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join