It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we failed as parents? Why are all these girls getting raped?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Something isn't being taught to our daughters,
How to protect themselves.

Regardless of what you think of all the political mess today, one this is certain, girls have
not been taught to protect themselves at all.

I don't know about Ford, or the other ladies that are claiming things. There are many many women that have been raped or have assaulted. I know many personally myself. I know why a lot don't want to talk afterward. Let's talk about things to do before it happens!

(I am in no victim blaming or in any way excusing the behavior of rapist or such, I just know they will always be out there and they always have)

Some may say how can you protect yourself when you have been drugged?
Very easy, don't get drugged. Short of someone shoving a pill down your throat you can completely control what you drink or eat.
Many women trusted Cosby and took "strange pills".

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

for some reason the last part of my post was cut off.

I was very lucky, my parents taught me early to fight and protect myself.
I was taught to examine my environment before something could happen. It put the seed in my mind that it was possible.

I really implore anyone with a daughter, to get your daughter in self defence training. The younger the better. She will use it for the rest of her life.

She will thank you later on.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Lol, oh man for a second I thought this was a masterful troll but then I sadly realized you are serious, and now I'm sad.

I've got a REALLY crazy idea, maybe we should do something about all these boys/men and their raping, instead of, you know, train women to have to defend themselves constantly from these assaults.....

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I really implore anyone with a daughter, to get your daughter in self defence training.

I think they should be teaching it in schools. Mandatory self defense training.

Instead i learned how to play dodgeball..
edit on 26-9-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I knew that would be a response, and you go ahead and work on teaching men boy/men not to rape and see how that goes.

I'm old enough to know that no matter what we do, there will always, always be men that rape. (since the beginning of time)
We can ignore that, or we can try to help those being raped!

link   
I'm trying my best to imagine roofie self defense training. Like, somehow we need to train these girls to fight off rapists while unconscious. Its the only way!!!!

link   
a reply to: notsure1

I absolutely agree, but they are barely teaching art and music now so self defense if probably way down the line.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Wayfarer

I knew that would be a response, and you go ahead and work on teaching men boy/men not to rape and see how that goes.

I'm old enough to know that no matter what we do, there will always, always be men that rape. (since the beginning of time)
We can ignore that, or we can try to help those being raped!

This is a defeatist attitude. Guess how much progress in culture and civilization came from that viewpoint?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I agree. Teach your daughters to be strong and smart and make good choices.

Teach your sons to do the same now. As we can see, the wrong woman can ruin their lives.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I really implore anyone with a daughter, to get your daughter in self defence training.

I'll pass on some #head self defense coach being the one teaching my daughter. My daughter is 6. I have been teaching her the basics of jiu jitsu for a while now. Little by little as she gets bigger and stronger I will ramp it up.
I wouldn't trust anyone in a school setting.

When she gets to be around 10 I will put her in a legit jiu jitsu school or wrestling club if she wants. If not she will continue with me.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I'll pass on some #head self defense coach being the one teaching my daughter. My daughter is 6. I have been teaching her the basics of jiu jitsu for a while now. Little by little as she gets bigger and stronger I will ramp it up.

When she gets to be around 10 I will put her in a legit jiu jitsu school or wrestling club if she wants. If not she will continue with me.

Why wouldn't you want a professional to teach the kids?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I think some boxing lessons or judo lessons would be alot more beneficial than learning how to square dance.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You are giving your daughter a gift that no money can buy.
My dad started teaching me at 8, I seriously have used so much of what he taught me. It wasn't just self defence, but he taught me survival skills, if I ever got lost in the woods, what to eat, what to avoid. How to survive if caught in the snow. As I got older I realized I knew a lot more than most of the guys I was dating.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

How is some nudnik teaching this part time at school a professional? He just said he would take his daughter to an actual jiu jitsu school.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Great Post.

Let me say that it's like everything. You can't solve a complex problem with just one simple solution. But everything helps.

Education is the first step...dangerous of drug use, getting drunk, using the buddy system (never going out alone), communications skills etc.

Self-Defense is actually the second step. Teach girls and boys how to fight and defend themselves. Real self defense training, not only teaches you self defense techniques and strategies but also confidence and awareness to avoid those situation. The confidence to be assertive in your social interactions.

Last is something I see all too often, though it's a good question. "Why not teach rapists not to rape in the first place?" That's all well and good, but there are criminals out there right now...self defense can be taught quickly, but teaching/making someone a well adjusted member of society takes longer. It takes mental health interventions, programs that support families, etc.

Keep in mind that many times those that assault women/or sexual harrasment and even date rape should be divided into two catagories. Those that are just mentally unstable, sociopaths that just need to be seperated from the rest of us. And those that are insecure, have no confidence, are angry, feel like victims, depressed, incels etc.

There is however one thing that can check off all of these lists in one shot. Martial arts classes.

You get Self Defense. Check
You get Self Confidence. Check
You get real self esteem. check
you learn awareness. Check
You get anger management and stress relief. Check
You learn how to socialize in a healthy manner. Check
You learn how to set goals and achieve them. check
You get healthy. Check
You become mentally stronger. Check
You become responsible. Check
You learn self control and self discipline. Check
You learn strategies to keep out of dangerous situations. Check
You talk about and get talked to about not putting your self in dangerous situations. Check.
You learn not to be a bully and not to get bullied. Check
You get a sense of belonging. check
You make actual friends. Check

Make every child that can physically do it, take martial arts classes all through middle school and high school. Problem solved. Every kid can protect themselves. Every kid is well adjusted. Kids are taught not to harrass, bully, or assault others. Every child learns how to not put themselves in a bad situation and learns how to get rid of the stress and anger that lead to drinking and drugs and bad behaviors.
edit on 26-9-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I think some boxing lessons or judo lessons would be alot more beneficial than learning how to square dance.

Are there really schools teaching square dancing?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How is some nudnik teaching this part time at school a professional? He just said he would take his daughter to an actual jiu jitsu school.

What's a nudnik?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

What's a nudnik?

A dingus.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Totally agree with you there.

The long-term solution is to educate our children to respect women and respect their bodies and rules.

Sadly, society works in a way that worship the sex appeal, mocks the people who can't "get girls" and on and on...

And the short-term solution is the one you proposed. Teach your daughters how to defend against these kind of criminals.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Its not the criminal rapists that are the problem, its just that girls are willfully letting themselves be taken advantage of and raped because they're just not trying hard enough to defend themselves against their would be assailants. /rolleyes

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join