It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Griswald Vacation 100% Proof - You Should See This

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

And just because... We had this little gem happen tonight:

Mandela madness

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I've an ungodly huge movie library of BetaMax, VHS n DVD movies , concerts, TV shows n documentaries. Will try n look up the back cases on em.

Few Mandela Effects affect me, but I'm in the Berenstein camp, pronounced 'burn-steen'. Burned n ingrained into my memory because that's how I learnt what a beer 'stein' is. And gotta last name of Berg, some Jews in that family if that matters. LMAO.

Anyways, main reason why I'm posting, I found a cool book of mine, all important headlines from the LA Times from 1800's till 1980's. Cool as heck, and also has the Challenger space shuttle which I'mma try n post a pic, but the date at least for that Mandella Effect for that is Tuesday, January 28th, 1986. 25 cent copy, heh. Oddly enough, that's the second to last front page of the book.

P.S. Has Titanic headlines, WW2 headlines, Atlantic U-boat sinkings, but unfortunately since it has not every date's headline, NO UFO BATTLE OVER LOS ANGELES (not to say it does not exist, just my collection). Wish I had that one!
edit on 17-8-2018 by Neil4No1 because: Mas mas, more words oh yeah! Lol

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Neil4No1

There's tha Challenger headlines for what it's worth. Will check tha the National Lampoon Vacation movies soon.

- Bernstein bro, don't wanna feel tha burn..
edit on 17-8-2018 by Neil4No1 because: Mas mas mucho words

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neil4No1

There's tha Challenger headlines for what it's worth. Will check tha the National Lampoon Vacation movies soon.

- Bernstein bro, don't wanna feel tha burn..

So help me, my eyes are desperately trying to turn the 6 into a 4. It happened for me in 1984. I got no way to prove it, and couldn't in a court of law to save my life. I just don't get it at all. There it is in black and white. 1986. My mind is screaming how *wrong* the date is. Everything else is correct- no survivors, etc- but the year is wrong, wrong, wrong.

*Grumbles about doing time travel butt first and goes to bed*

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Last front page story in the book is Friday, Jan. 23rd, 1987. 'A Wild Day on Wall Street! Dow Up, Down 110 in 1 Hr.' Last n only story after that Challenger headline. And front of the book copyright was first 1981 and 1987.

So if any weird changes may have been made would have to have been within a year to publish any other stories.

I think the memory may be from RE-WATCHING the footage as a kid (depending on age, obviously), who knows. I was also in the earlier age group on thinkin when it blew, especially since a local school was build in Christa's name when I was younger, but '84 woulda been kindergarten. Few years later makes a bit more sense in my case.

Brings to mind a recent school movie thread on 'The Peanut Butter Solution'. I completely remember that one n left a nightmarish mark on me.

School.. kids.. we're all clueless test subjects til we believe what we're told.. and finally pass..

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I think the memory may be from RE-WATCHING the footage as a kid (depending on age, obviously), who knows

I was in junior high. I was 14. I *know* it was junior high, and I had a year (school year) left before going to High school (in 86).

I know where I was, what (mostly) I was doing, and the teacher had left the room, before nearly breaking his neck getting to the TV and turning it on 10 minutes later.

In 1986, none of this happened for me.
It was all sorts of other stuff, a transfer to a new school, and all sorts of other mundane things one goes through in high school.

This is the most damn confusing, ridiculous thing, EVER- at least for me. It also has me trying to figure out if I gained 2 years, or lost 2 years. I have temporal problems thanks to this.
Trying to explain it gives me a headache.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

sherlock holmes is fiction.lol

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

I was gonna tell him the same thing.. using a quote from a fictional character - but I can't really respond to rude anymore.

Thanks for saying what I was thinking!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Wylekat - I may be misunderstanding..

..but I think he's saying the the headline says '86 in his book but comes after a headline from '87 - where the other headlines are in chronological order.

So I think he's saying somethings weird - the Challenger 86 headline should be before the 87 headlines, but it's not - indicating something's off.

ME changed the date - but couldn't change the order in his book for the Challenger tragedy.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

So I think he's saying somethings weird - the Challenger 86 headline should be before the 87 headlines, but it's not - indicating something's off.

Usually, I'd attribute that to a printing/ binding error, but with these circumstances- it's hard to. It's like dealing with a real life episode of Batman (the 66 one), where the villain- usually Riddler- would leave clues to send Adam West up a wall. There's just enough crumbs and leftovers to drive one nuts.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I gotta say this whole thing is quite overblown.

I mean, is there ANY incident in any of the Vacation movies where the name 'Griswald/Griswold' was actually spelled out on screen? Please, answer me this OP.

If not, how on earth did you come to any conclusion that it was spelled either one way or another? I mean, many of us, myself included love to read album liner notes, movie packaging, etc. Hell, i used to read cereal boxes at breakfast.

But lets be realisitc. Anyone who read the name did it years ago. It seems to me 'Griswald' makes more phonetic sense to spell it that way considering the pronunciation, therefore its not hard to imagine most people would see it as such in their head. Furthermore, its clear that even the publishers have mixed the name up, and more than once as witnessed by the game show scene and the betamax box another poster here kindly uploaded.

Can we simply call this one off? Since we have provided proof that yes, the Griswolds (sp?), have been respresented IN THIS UNIVERSE as both names in media and print, that this is NOT a valid Mandela Effect.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Anyway, there is not nor ever will be proof of a parallel universe, or divergent timeline. They exist outside of this reality, a completely separate timeline from the point of the shift into a different future. So no one would ever know.

Excuse me?

If what you say is true, and the parallel universe exists COMPLETELY outside of ours, no exceptions, then it is simply not possible for the OP to know how things 'used' to be spelled. You said it yourself, 'So no one would ever know.' That clearly means that no one would ever know if spelling has changed. You cant have it both ways.

If the OP is in fact correct, and he does remember somthing from a parallel universe, than that does in fact prove that it memories and perhaps more from the old universe linger, defeating your point.

Again, you cant have it both ways.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Then if both spellings have been used and there is documented evidence of this, what the hell is this thread even about, no disrespect but it clearly has been both, if i am still misunderstanding the issue forgive me, but I am happy to say there is zero proof as opposed to your "100% proof" title.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Oh, no.. nothin wrong with that books chronological order. Was some kinda what-if explanation I couldn't drunkenly spit out right. Ignore that part, heh.

As for wyle n Jr high. Any summer school or camp that year or anything weird where it coulda taken place?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Arthur Conan Doyle was a real person and brilliant.

If that's the best response to wisdom that y'all got, you got nothin.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Just another huckster taken in by his own delusions

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Some people act like this discussion is a competition, or zero sum game. It's becoming embarrassing, no it has been for a while now. I think most of you are angry or scared more than skeptics.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Arthur Conan Doyle was a real person and brilliant.

If that's the best response to wisdom that y'all got, you got nothin.

Then why didnt you use the authors name instead? Usually you are really good about stuff like that.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
if the Mandela Effect exists it only exists because human beings have to fall asleep eventually and therefore their memories can be reprogrammed by alterations in time

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

The only change I'm currently aware of is the Reeves name change.

*Comes back 2 days later for a double take*
What happened to Christopher Reeve's name? I remember it as Reeve- different from 50's Superman George Reeves.

...Or is this where I mumble "uh oh"....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join