It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Griswald Vacation 100% Proof - You Should See This

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Crazy enough it has always been "Griswald" in my opinion and memory but even my phone wants to auto correct it to Griswold so what do I know.... Just another glitch in the matrix I suppose.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Several people have stated they feel something's off - I do too.

..Just wanted to note that.

Also wanted to add I appreciate the folks asking me to not stop posting - even the unaffected folks.

I hear you, and it helps!

edit on 16-8-2018 by Pearj because: when will they ever learn?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

Same here - I had to add "Griswald" to my dictionary so the browser would quit marking it as misspelled.

I've never seen the name as Griswold until last night.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

There's a large jump between "feeling something's off" and doing research to learn more and stating as a matter of fact "The Mandela Effect is very real" - which you just did.

You've mentioned the Bible a few times as evidence, and I'm sure you're referencing the lion/wolf or the trespasses examples - which have been proven to be translation alterations 400-500 years ago because there are older Bibles with the alternative wording from that era - yet you are ignoring these explanations why?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

For what little my opinion is worth- Yah.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

The movie "Somewhere In Time" or anything with Christopher Reeves?

What happened to the movie "Somewhere in Time"? Or do I wanna know? I remember the plot, so I'll brace for impact... D:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

You need to start considering the possibility that there is no such thing as a Mandela Effect.

Yeah. Have it happen, and in such a way you simply cannot deny it. Have your memories and what I'll term 'personal timeline' go right straight to hell with one really good thing that makes you question your memory and even your sanity.

I'm cranky enough to point and laugh.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is just the kind of thing that would happen to Clark 😂
A misspelling does not make a M.E.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I thought you were an outspoken anti-ME'er? Does someone else have the same profile image as you?
I found out I have had a really *massive* one. This was some months back, when I got into a fight with someone over when Challenger blew up. I *know* it was 1984. I know where I was, what I was doing, what grade I was in, and events *afterward* (personal ones for me) that happened in 1985- 86, and had not one bit of a shuttle exploding.

I'm now missing or gained or something 2 years. I'm still unsure as to which one it is. I've never been so thrown in my life.

I'd mention the absolute hell my life seems to have been, and that nothing has made sense as time has gone on- but I don't want the schizo patrol ramming their thumbs up my butt again. :/

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

The movie "Somewhere In Time" or anything with Christopher Reeves?

What happened to the movie "Somewhere in Time"? Or do I wanna know? I remember the plot, so I'll brace for impact... D:

It's my favorite movie of all time (no pun intended). For some reason it had a huge impact on me when I was young - so did "The World According To Garp". I own the movies, but haven't watched them in a few years. The only change I'm currently aware of is the Reeves name change.

Also - you're opinion matters! Don't let them bring you down - don't let them win. You got this!

Just read your other post.. I see. I remember watching it on TV, but I don't remember how old I was - If I remember right, we watched it live in class (egads) - it probably was grade-school which would of been in the late 70's / early 80's but I don't know the year.

edit on 16-8-2018 by Pearj because: gone to flowers everyone

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21
Crazy enough it has always been "Griswald" in my opinion and memory but even my phone wants to auto correct it to Griswold so what do I know.... Just another glitch in the matrix I suppose.

Griswold is a recognized surname, Griswald is not. It's not like the writer makes the entire entire movie.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Also wanted to add I appreciate the folks asking me to not stop posting - even the unaffected folks.

I hear you, and it helps!

I'll chime in and say, keep 'em coming! I love a good ME thread. Some of them really make me think back,
And hey, it beats the he'll out of political crap all the time.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I remember it s Griswald, always. This whole ME thing is real IMO. I remember Mandela dying in prison, and many many other MEs that are mentioned. Also, Sinbad was in Shazam(sp).

But forgive me for going off the Griswald topic to one of the ME that I noticed some time ago, and talked at length with my brother about. It has to do with geography. My brother and were very competitive growing up; and used to compete about naming capitols of countries around the world. We had an entire wall in the attic/playroom covered in National Geo. maps, and two globes. Anyway, getting to the point; the location of Australia and New Zealand is no longer correct. Or at least it doesn't match that of our childhood; and I'm not talking young, but jr. high age. Australia used to be much farther South and to the East. It was much more isolated than it is today.

Now, some may say that maps were just drawn up incorrectly back then...maybe. But, the two globes matched this isolated view point. Also, when I ask my brother about this I ask him describe the position of Australia w.r.t Indonesia etc., then I had him go look at a map. That is when he said "that's not right!" He remembered it like I did. Australia was farther South East of its current location and much much more isolated.

Anyway, sorry for going off track, but this ME is something that seems so blatant and has always really bothered me.

ff

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This seems to be just a mistake at the time of the filming and mistakes made on manufacture of the DVD box art. When you look at the pig scene it reminds me of other mistakes made in filming, like an actor wearing something different in the same scene on different cuts back and forth.

Which if you're a fan of Rifftrax one of the most recent movies they riffed was "A Talking Cat !?!, The father was wearing a plaid shirt and when he reached the cat he was wearing a different shirt and back to the original shirt. This happens when reshoots happen and someone in editing does not catch it. SO that to me is the issue with the misspelling in the pig scene, someone made the sign and never paid much attention.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I wholeheartedly think this was done intentionally.

I am also a huge fan and if there's anything I know about the films it is their inconsistency, which I assume is being done on purpose due to the silliness nature of the movies.

It falls along the lines of the way they always switched out the children for new actors.

They even poked fun at it in the latest film when they went to visit Clark Griswald and he started having a flashback of their family trips clearly showing all the different faces from over the years. Subtle, but intentional.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
A highly advanced AI in our future is experimenting with minor alterations to the past. Your reactions to the changes (those that notice them) are an important result in these experiments.

Just a theory, or maybe not.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well, if the ME is real (or reality is not as we think it should be, more precisely) then one possibility that keeps popping into my (defective?) noggin goes back to the alleged breakaway spacers broached on this site in 2014. See the black triangle thread for details.

In one of the posts by the primary "discloser" (or b.s. artist in some opinions) he mentioned that some people important to their program were displaced to a "safe" simulation of Earth, but that the subjects picked up on discrepancies in the artificial environment and that it didn't ultimately work as people felt things were "off."

So, IF humans exist with access to advanced (or ancient) tech that can provide perfect virtual reality, it is possible some of us have been swept up to some safer VR reality ... for some "good" reason, I'd hope.

As far out and psychotic as that possibility sounds, it still provides an alternative explanation to religious spiritual war or merging universes. I'm not saying a more rational explanation... just another one.

But I'd agree that some times this world just seems "off" and my usual explanation that most folks are scared, mesmerized, mutant monkeys might not cover all of it. I jest, but am partially serious. There are, and have been, some seriously weird things about this world, but the framework it all hangs upon seems far weirder, lately. .. though we know that framework is the individual psyche.
edit on 8/16/2018 by Baddogma because: typo fixo

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I enjoy your threads and the effort put into them

This is a common continuity error that you will find in virtually any form of serialized media.

Kramer from Seinfeld was called Kessler in an early take

James T. Kirk was James R. Kirk in one of the pilot episodes

I think Peter Parker was Peter Palmer in first issue of Spider-Man

Names change in production, the crews make mistakes, people don't notice or care about the little details while they're working on them.

edit on 16-8-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

IT WAS ALWAYS GRISWOLD>>> IT WAS ALWAYS GRISWOLD

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Your bad memory is not proof of a parallel universe

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join