It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Griswald Vacation 100% Proof - You Should See This

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Just STOP reading his posts and STOP replying to his posts. What are you trying to acomplish? Leave those of us who believe ALONE. Go to a Christian website and WASTE your time trying to reverse their convictions or something. Go away

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

It seems to me 'Griswald' makes more phonetic sense to spell it that way considering the pronunciation, therefore its not hard to imagine most people would see it as such in their head.

Agreed, although it's odd they got an entire back of a published movie wrong for their name. But Griswald - wold - could easily be heard either way in a movie, I think.

But there are opposite examples of exactly what you are talking about. Coldwell Bankers.. phonetically is easier to say and remember. Many remember Caldwell Bankers. Which is awkward and not easy to say or remember. Why would anyone remember something in such an awkward way? LinkedIn posts by employees misspelled it to Caldwell. Commercials had it misspelled. Ads.. etc.

Funny thing - if you type Coldwell here.. or many other sites, it tries to autocorrect to Caldwell. Try it here.. and try it on Reddit. Coldwell comes up as wrongly spelled.. Caldwell is the recommended spelling correction.

I do think some Mandela effects are probably just things remembered wrongly. I think Berenstain is one of them. And Depend(s).. and a few others. But some are just so off. Caldwell is one of them. Braces on Dolly's teeth is another... silver leg on C3PO, etc.

What I find most striking is how people either seem to remember their "version" of whatever one one.. all of them.. and others remember all of them another way. It's not piecemeal. Which would make sense is really talking about converging timelines.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
My wife and I are huge fans of the National Lampoon Vacation series - we own them all and have watched them countless times..
We quote the Griswalds all the time, play Holiday Road at the start of every road trip, etc.. Needless to say we're very familiar with the films.

Hold on to your hats..

The Griswalds never existed - they have always been the Griswolds.

(Link to full size image above to see the Griswold text better.)

There's lots of residue.. way to much to post here.

A pattern with the Mandela Effect is to change text, but not titles and bylines..

..and that's where this proof comes in - from the movie itself:
Furthermore, the credits list each individual actor as a Griswald.

Consider a minimum of 20 people on set - surely someone would of noticed the "misspelling" throughout countless takes..

What about the set designers? They had to build the letter "A" (can't be a typo)..

What about the continuity workers during production and editing - that's a pretty glaring 'mistake'.

All those people... and no one noticed?

Here's a video showing the Griswald proof (starts at 15 seconds in - note caption also says Griswald).
Also, we remember the show as just "Pig In A Poke", now it's "A Pig In A Poke".

It's the only film in the series that "mistakes" their name as the Griswalds.

It only happens on the Pig In A Poke set and the rolling credits for that film.

There's no explanation I could find to explain why.

The back of the DVD lists them as the Griswolds - all other associated text lists them as the Griswolds.

You can explain it away if it makes you more comfortable - but to us it's a proof of supreme quality.

Everywhere you look, they've always been the Griswolds..

But is this the first time you've seen the Griswold spelling associated with the Vacation films?

No. European Vacation is the only one that's spelled "Griswald." Its not the Mandela effect -- I'm sorry.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Going off pure memory is just as bad a an "eye witness".
I have seen so many of these Mandela Effect examples and do not agree with a single one. It is just mish mashing our memories with things that are easy to tangle up in our minds.

For instance, I remember Nelson Mandela just fine from the eighties and nineties, just the few reports on the news. I never knew what the big deal was. I think you need to ask the people of South Africa who remember him exactly as history represents.

Second point. Why would you want the Mandela Effect to be true? If it was true, would you really want to know? I sure wouldn't.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I only watched the first one and wouldn't know, but I recently finished the netflix series shooter and it blew me away at just how old mrs griswold looks, i don't know her name but wow.
edit on 19-8-2018 by AngelicIRage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BOTAL

Just STOP reading his posts and STOP replying to his posts. What are you trying to acomplish? Leave those of us who believe ALONE. Go to a Christian website and WASTE your time trying to reverse their convictions or something. Go away

Yes pointing out how the Mandela effect about the Bible verses is just nonsense and is very explainable should deserve to be banned.

How dare they use reason and logic.

Its funny that this is the only reply to that post.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

- Why don't you address the cause of the Mandela Effect? Because I don't know the cause. To say I did would be dishonest. If pressed, my best guess would be it's supernatural (God), based on multiple Biblical key-points - but these threads aren't about a cause, they're about the change noted in the OP.

and the 3 posters you are replying too are addressing the very thing this thread is about.

1 letter difference.

- Only small things I don't care about are affected.. The Bible is not a small thing. South America is not a small thing, etc.. A change to reality in any way is not a small thing.

NO,

many say that nothing is effected but your memory,

Yes the bible is not small either is South America,

They haven't changed or moved, your memory has and the how and why recollection can distort and actually transform memories is well documented and known.

- Reality can't change! Extra dimensions / multiple universes don't exist! Double-Slit, Superposition and Quantum Computing disagree. You'll want to direct your debate towards science, not me.

When has anyone suggested this?

I think you are confusing replies to claims made by Mandela believers that say they have come here from else where.

No one says reality cant change, Jesus Christ, Perception is reality to us and our perception is easily changeable via our own thought or via chemicals.

- You don't have any proof! The SkunkWorks forum doesn't require proof - though the knowledge and testimony of a large portion of the population shouldn't be discounted in my opinion. There could be a good reason (beyond memory, mnemonics and typos) as to why so many people remember an instance the exact same way.

Yes because you don't want to resolve or gain any knowledge as to what may be the cause, you don't want to talk or speculate about its causes because there is way too much evidence pointing to psychological causes.

So its thread after thread of things you find on Reddit or Youtube pointing out a letter changed or the name has 2 s' in the persons name but on another internet site its only 1 or the letter of O instead of A.

- Why won't you admit memory is fallible? I've said memory is fallible many times. In fact, I just said it again.. but we aren't talking about fleeting things, We're talking about saturated things - things we see, hear, use or do frequently in our lives. That repetition becomes knowledge.

and since its started its been shown over and over that knowledge is incorrect and is caused by how be gain knowledge using our minds that helps us recall memory which as was already said can malfunction and mix memories extremely easy when recalling things.

- You refuse to admit you're wrong! I point out the current state of reality as it applies to the change in the OP in every OP, and have never disagreed that the current state is the current state.

NO one has ever said you are wrong about that.

Its the memory thing that so many say you refuse to admit your wrong with.

Honestly, I don't know and wouldn't mind someone explaining it. You're saying I'm laying down sort of 'notes to myself' in the present that somehow change the past? If so - can I stop? What kind of control do I have?

Yes, when you recall things in the present your memory changes to how it actually was, its usually small mundane changes like a letter in a name or a small phrase or song lyrics.

Actually that was a joke, there has to be some other effect that is unexplainable that can....um .....talk about

Several people have stated they feel something's off - I do too. ..Just wanted to note that.

Yeah "feel" and "remember" something was not like it seems.

You say you "know" but when recalling that knowledge for certain things you get Mandela effects or simply explained as you remembered slightly off than what it was or is but because there are so many it cannot be memory, humans cannot have the same faults right, just like logo designs cannot change?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

You've mentioned the Bible a few times as evidence, and I'm sure you're referencing the lion/wolf or the trespasses examples - which have been proven to be translation alterations 400-500 years ago because there are older Bibles with the alternative wording from that era - yet you are ignoring these explanations why?

I had a strange tingling feeling that this quoted above would be ignored,

It was ignored by the OP but some other poster got upset you used your brain.

Shame on you

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Deep breaths...

You'll be ok.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Deep breaths...

You'll be ok.

I'm fine,

you seem like the one with issues saying things and making up scenarios of how everyone is against you.

I take it you wont answer any questions I posed or address what the other poster said?

Yes, this thread is not about the bible verses so you will ignore it.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I am typing the word color as it is spelt in English with a u. But I have a feeling it will vanish after I hit the reply button because ATS is an American site and I predict the Mandella Effect will compensate for it.

This post will be undeniable proof of the effect should this occur and not that I am semi-drunk and incorrectly typed the word intentionally or unintentionally.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

OMG it changed to COLOR without a U as predicted.
Take that Skeptics.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
I am typing the word color as it is spelt in English with a u. But I have a feeling it will vanish after I hit the reply button because ATS is an American site and I predict the Mandella Effect will compensate for it.

This post will be undeniable proof of the effect should this occur and not that I am semi-drunk and incorrectly typed the word intentionally or unintentionally.

This is a test because I don't have the issue you say you have, yes it is underlined before I hit post to say its spelt wrong but I will hit post and we will see, 3 versions, in capitals with a capital letter to begin and all lower case.

COLOUR

Colour

colour

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

OMG it changed to COLOR without a U as predicted.
Take that Skeptics.

LIAR!

Jokes,

Could it maybe an auto correct setting?

I can auto correct but I have to right click to select words that ATS thinks I want to use.

Maybe you are in another reality than I am.

I think we just found some evidence of The Mandela's multiple reality effect syndrome.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Hahahahahahah

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: yuppa

sherlock holmes is fiction.lol

Arthur Conan Doyle was a real person and brilliant.

If that's the best response to wisdom that y'all got, you got nothin.

Then why didnt you use the authors name instead? Usually you are really good about stuff like that.

Who says a quote has no bearing on the relevance or quality of the information presented.

Whether it be a fictional character or whatever, it doesn't matter, wisdom speaks for itself.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Hahahahahahah

I was waiting to see how you'd respond...

Well played!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Nah not auto correct. It twas intentional.

Just me showing a single typo doesn't prove jack # about Mandella Effects or anything else.
All it 100% PROOOFS is that somewhere someone was bad at proof reading.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I see we've hit the bottom of the barrel for this thread...

I'm really glad some of the folks that are usually quiet spoke up.

It's also good to see neutral folks expressing how they find the threads interesting.

Plus there's progress in the communication department..

All-in-all a positive experience!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I see we've hit the bottom of the barrel for this thread...

PearlJ, it's a Mandela thread.

If it's scraping the bottom of the barrel it's the best ME thread yet.
Unfortunately it hasn't reached that bar yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join