It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 193
<< 190  191  192    194  195 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I figured you would be able to relate. LOL

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
* Sheye places a bowl of fresh fruit on the table in the Shed , and leaves one in the bushes for lurkers *

Don’t know about anyone else but after thanksgiving dinner with pumpkin pie and whipped cream, I can’t even think about doughnuts. I may make fresh fruit my choice of a shed snack for some time. I need to lose weight.😜

Anyone care for some green seedless grapes ?
edit on 7-10-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
g.co...

It is worth it ... 😎

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I should eat more fresh fruit too, but...but...oh look chocolate fudge cake! I'm weak. Oh wait...it's virtual cake. We're safe.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

What the heck was that? LOL

Do I have to drag out the Timely/Gordi dictionary of interpretations? Maybe I'm just too tired. I'll take a look again tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow my brain may be functioning...or not. It's always a surprise, I never know what to expect.

Don't mind me I'm silly tonight/this morning.

edit on 8-10-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Goodnight people of the Shed!

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Shhh... 🤫... it’s quiet time in the Shed.

* Sheye puts her earbuds in and blasts a tune*😏

Dedicated to Nobody in particular ...

edit on 8-10-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Nightie night , Night.

Hope you are dreaming of fudgy chocolate cake.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Just an update on this Monday. Went to the doc's this morning for my mesocaine etc infusion (drip) and also the results of Friday's CT.

Well, it confirmed the doc's fears: I have a prolapsed disc at L4-L5 that is starting to put pressure on the sciatic nerve on the left side. Must be very slight as I don't feel it yet. Meanwhile, the disc between L5-S1 has herniated badly and is putting pressure on the nerve on the right, hence my current woes.

The doc has done some calls to try and get me into hospital with a view to surgery in the near term, but the place he deals with most can't take me for a review until Oct 22nd or so and possible surgery later in Nov. So he called the hospital where I had the CT on Friday (I went there because it's closer), and spoke to one of the docs on the neurosurgical team. They can see me on Wednesday for more tests and then see about how soon they can schedule surgery.

So on Wed morning an ambulance will pick me up to take me to the hospital, and meanwhile our neighbour/s will look after Dada.

The problem is that it's impossible to say right now how long I'd need to be in hospital, and also the amount of time I'd need at home afterwards before I'm fit enough to care for Dada again. So, unless I can find some extra people to help care for her, she might have to go into a long-term-care place in the nearby town -- ie near my doc's office. And that would have to be organized before I go back into hospital for surgery.

I would really rather she didn't have to go, but it might be the only way. I can't risk going on like this for too long as my condition could deteriorate further. If the L4-L5 prolapsed disc moves any more and starts putting more pressure on the left nerve -- or it herniates with ditto results -- I will not even be able to walk.

Sometimes life hands us lemons. Now I'm just figuring out how to make the lemonade.
edit on 8/10/18 by JustMike because: I fixed an annoying typo, even though "annoying" is subjective.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

With you in spirit Mike ...

Prayer sent.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Good morning Sheddites
How goes your day?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Sometimes life hands us lemons. Now I'm just figuring out how to make the lemonade.

Attitude is half the battle, and it looks like you have a good one. Wishing everything works out well for you and dada.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely
Thanks, mate.

a reply to: Autorico
Not too bad, all things considered. The weather's pretty nice, and my wife's doing pretty good as well.

edit on 8/10/18 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Good to hear
It's a little below freezing here, which I don't mind lol. Sending positive thoughts your way

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I wish you all the best with the prodding, poking, tests and surgery. As you state, you must get this done because it you can't function well, the picture looks grim.

I won't pretend to understand less than half you said but to my layman's ears it sounds like some Doc needs to "Get it done", and soon. The ambulance pick-up/drop-off sounds excellent and makes you independent of public transport or asking friends/neighbours.

Sending positive vibes to you and Dada. To a quick resolve of this setback and a speedy recovery!

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye
Very true. Attitude is hugely important. Doesn't mean I don't get down at times, but I won't beat myself up over it. Heck, pain can get anyone down. It's natural.

But like right now, sitting here with my wife in our little home in the country, there is a rosy glow growing in the sky as the sun goes down, and it's beautiful. Overall, it was a good day.

Also, as the great tennis player Arthur Ashe once said, “If I were to say, "God, why me?" about the bad things, then I should have said, "God, why me?" about the good things that happened in my life.”

And he was right.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This one is for my gramps, who passed last Christmas and liked the guitar in this song.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Mike, It will be great when this is all over and done with. In the meantime, you are in my thoughts and prayers with much love.

You are an amazing man and wonderful Husband to Dada and deserve all the best.

top topics

<< 190  191  192    194  195 >>

join