It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 192
<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
Been a long time since I had a seizure but I know how rotten they can make you feel afterwards.

Do you take any maintenance meds? I use the local equivalent of tegretol (which is carbamazepine).

BTW, you don't need to respond to that question if you'd rather not. Neither I nor anyone has the right to demand you share any such info; it's up to you.
I was just wondering, is all.

Stuff on TV can make me cry as well. Especially things like what you mentioned. It's ok to cry, though. In fact, it can be good for you.

edit on 7/10/18 by JustMike because: I was just fixing typos, as usual.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I know that I can get even stronger meds, but the side affects...Yikes! I can take a lot of pain and still try to suffer through...for now anyway.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I never see crying as a sign of weakness and agree that it is ok to cry, even necessary.
OMG, I cry at movies too! I even cried a little watching Winnie the Pooh. LOL

For me and many others in the U.S., cost is a huge concern when it comes to medications of any kind. It is sad really. My Husband spends a fortune on his diabetic insulins. I can't help but to wonder how many people will die because they can't afford life saving meds. Many people fall between the cracks where they make adollar or two too much to get any kind of assistance. People's lives should matter more than money.

Sorry for the little rant and adding my two cents. LOL

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
A tune for you

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

ooooh, YES! Thank you Brent! I'm chair dancing. I'd try regular dancing, but I have to sit here and type.

How are you Hun?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Slept in today
Was avoiding the interwebs cause I wanted to avoid spoilers for the fight last night. Other than that, just waiting for my pharmacist to call. You?

All I do is chair dance. Go chair dancing!
edit on 7-10-2018 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
My favorate Metallica song

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Oh man, that was awesome! Powerful with an orchestra behind them.
Loved this!

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

That was my best friend's first dance song at their wedding

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Mark taught me how to do those ping sounds on guitar. At fist it kept sounding like thunk thunk. LOL Finally I got it and was so excited, like a little kid. I did it, I did it! LOL

That was years ago. I still want to learn a cool song.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

That was my best friend's first dance song at their wedding

ooooh, really? How cool is that? Nice

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Looks like an evening of music.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Love this tune ...

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Continued from link above.

Night pulled the scarlet hood of her velvet cloak over her head. Pesky with heavy rain soaked wings, sat upon her shoulder for shelter. "Night how are we ever going to scale that ominous mountain? It is slick and the black smoke still rises."
"With a little magic and much determination." She replied. She conjured up a thick rope, made a loop and threw it over the closet outcropping of granite. As she tried to climb, her small feet kept slipping beneath her yet she gathered her strength and her will. They only made it a short way up the mountainside before she fell holding on in desperation.

"ummm...I love hanging out with you and all Night, but this brings the meaning to a whole other level."

The sky lit up as gold lightening streaked across repeatedly within the purple mist. "Hugo is on his way, just bear with me little one." She grunted. The stormy winds made the Elvan warrior's efforts more difficult, but not more so than any other challenges she had faced. From a distance she could make out the form of a winged beast. It was Hugo, but his movements were strange. She could tell he was injured and inhaled a sharp breath.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Wow, that was beautiful! I have never heard that one before. Thank you for sharing this!

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Sheye

Wow, that was beautiful! I have never heard that one before. Thank you for sharing this!

It is a beautiful song .. so pleased you enjoyed it. 😊
edit on 7-10-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Dad's music choices were Hotel California and something that may have been the Civil Wars with a few wtf's thrown in here and there.

Due to side effects I have been off of seizure meds for about one year. I recovered enough to do some much needed laundry.

Sorry Mike, that the fentanyl patches are not helping much. I've used them in the past (borrowed from wife) and they seemed to help for a little while but not fix the underlying problems. For the most part I only need a small dose of pain pills as stronger makes me sick or loopy. I was given a fentanyl injection in pre-op before my ankle surgery and I felt like someone had a vacuum cleaner connected to my brain sucking out all my thoughts. A quite weird experience. Maybe it was aliens. lol

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I'm laughing, not at you, but because you spoke of the pills making you loopy. I'm loopy enough on my own. Mine tend to make me foggy headed or tired. Maybe it makes me a bit loopier, but I wouldn't notice the difference.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

foggy headed or tired

That too. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join