It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 20

page: 190
<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Awww, sweet dreams Wis! Love you!

I usually put pics and music up, but I'm too tired.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: Night Star

Enjoy your movie Night ... you got popcorn ?

🍿

Yes, cheese popcorn!

Hugs!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Alpha Gateway, a sci fi film.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Aw Mike,
I'm so sorry to hear the news about your back.
Even mild back pain is awful, so I just can't imagine what pain you're in.

A gentle man-hug for you my friend, I will be sending positive thoughts your way when I raise a dram to you and yours this evening.

Take care of YOU.

G

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hi hunny,
Big Squishies back at ya.
I wish there was a button I could press or a spell I could cast that would ease your troubles, but unfortunately...
a virtual hug and my best wishes will have to do at this moment in time.

[[[[[Jacy]]]]]

G

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
OK, on a slightly cheerier note...

We spent yesterday in the woods.
Chrissie ran a forest school in the morning and then we hosted a "Coffee & Cakes in the Woods" event to help raise funds for MacMillan Cancer Support.
There was LOTS of Home-Baking, Coffee, crafting, hammocks, entertainment (well...me!! LOL), kids, rope swings and tightropes!!, toasting marshmallows on the camp-fire, making Autumn wreaths and crowns, dogs and Sunshine!!

One of the nicest, most "natural" settings for a gig EVER!
And... we raised £400 for the Cancer Care charity!!!!

Happy Daze.

G

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Very well done for a great cause!

Just one smallish thing ... that is not a camp-fire.

That is a camp-smokey. It is missing the Fire

Lol

P

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

How wonderful that you had such a great time and raised funds for cancer! Bravo! I would have loved to have attended such an event! Loved the pics!

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

A camp-smokey. LOL! Good one!

Guess he didn't bring along one of the dragons.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Very well done for a great cause!
Just one smallish thing ... that is not a camp-fire.

That is a camp-smokey. It is missing the Fire

Lol

P

LOL - Very True!
(We're not allowed "proper" fires in that area because of all the dry Pine needles, so we use a small BBQ type thing to house a small fire. The smoke was caused by some new Coffee Logs (logs made from old coffee grindings) that we were trying out for the first time.... they were OK heat-wise but did produce a lot of smoke!!!!)

cheers!
G

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks 'Raine,
YES it was GREAT and you'd have loved the crafty stuff (and music!).

Now I'm off to Wee Dougie's Rugby tournament.... the Gordi roller-coaster doesn't stand still for long!!!

H E L P ! ! ! !

Gx

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

What is with the police tape mate ?

Did one of the midgets commit a crime ?!

... Smoking the evidence ?

Sounds like an awesome weekend for your young blokes ... Good Dads are not thick on the ground these days.

Kudos !!

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

It is Scotland mate ...

They get rain over there ...

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
What is with the police tape mate ?
Did one of the midgets commit a crime ?!
... Smoking the evidence ?

Sounds like an awesome weekend for your young blokes ... Good Dads are not thick on the ground these days.
Kudos !!

The tape was due to my over-zealous wife in "Health & Safety near the fire" mode!!!
It worked, because nobody got smoked to death...
The boys had a blast - it was actually SUNNY yesterday here in Scotland (make a note of the date!!!) but my fingers were frozen whilst trying to play the guitar!!!

We are just back from the rugby tournament and Dougie scored two tries, his team winning 3 out of 4 matches and finishing 3rd place overall.

It is now p*ssing it down, wet grey and miserable (and so is the weather!)

G out

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You've earned a wee dram !

Get warm and enjoy the post match tales ... 🥃

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Respect. MacMillan nurses are awesome. (They helped my dad.)

But uh...curious minds and all. What are they trying to cook? It looks like it went either way. Sun or not, I don't see myself without winter clothing (think thermal underwear!) in a forest in Scotland in the second week of October.

Fun is the most important thing.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
Good to see you here, Jacy. Sorry you were not feeling the best, but in my experience there are often a lot of bad vibes in psyche wards and it can affect a person pretty adversely if they are sensitive to that kind of thing. I hope you're feeling better now.

Hugs from me and Dada.
[[[[[Jacy]]]]]

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
Thank you WIS.

I try to look at another side of it. At least it's me this time and not Dada. It would be harder for, as she can't even remember things more than a few minutes later. She also struggles to follow simple instructions, so dealing with her treatment for such a thing would be very tough. She'd probably have to be hospitalized from day one and that would be awful for her.

And while my back thing is a pain, it's not life-threatening and it's treatable. So, things are not as bad as they could be.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely
Thanks, mate. Sure hoping they can get this thing sorted out pdq.

Thank 'ee, mon. Please have an extra dram for me; I am not allowed to touch any booze while I'm on these tablets. All I can do is open the bottle and take a sniff!

And hats off to you for that fund-raising event! Nicely done, sir!

As for those coffee logs: what a brilliant idea! I hope whoever came up with that one makes a mint. Excellent way to use the coffee grounds that would otherwise get dumped in the trash or down the drain.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Logs made from old coffee grounds? That must smell nice. I wonder if dried apples and cinnamon sticks could be used? That would be amazing.

I'm sure Chrissie must do some pretty cool nature crafts. There are bird food items made with peanut butter and bird seeds etc. or with suet. You can make different shapes and add a hanger to hang in a tree outside later. I used to get a lot of ideas from youtube or books.

I think it was last year that I made Angels out of sea shells and feathers to hang on a Christmas tree. You can also get an apple, stick whole cloves into them and let the apple dry and shrink, roll it in cinnamon and orange peels I think, I added moss to the top, glued a feathered cardinal bird, a bow and loop for hanging. Also made some with moss, rose petals and lavender. I forget all the ideas. Instead of drying an apple out, you can just use the styrofoam balls.

So what did Chrissie do for crafts at the event?

new topics

top topics

<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join