It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are people becoming so fat that they look like a fat hog these days

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
In my generation, calling someone a fat hog is bullying. Like, calling someone a retard, or calling someone butt ugly, or calling someone a loser.

If I can't do that how will I ever hold a meaningful conversation with my pal DB?

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I have struggled with weight my entire life.Last year I had lost
32 pounds in 10 months.I had a few health issues,earlier this
spring,that put some limitations on my movements.I had to take
it easy after having a series of mini-strokes through out the month
of May.These limitations caused me to gain 20 pounds back.
I have been cleared by the neurologist and have started driving again.
But,I have a new problem that has been getting worse since early
May.I have a problem with my left arm and shoulder and I am left-handed.
I am going to the doctor tomorrow and will find out what's going on.
When I am able to move around more,then I will be able to get the
weight back off me.
Remember,I lost 32 pounds,gained 20 pounds back,I am still down 12
pounds that I didn't gain back.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I think it primarily comes down to a few factors for those who are overweight or obese without medical cause, of course I may be wrong so take it with a grain of salt.

1. Poor quality, overly processed, caloric rich foods.
  2. Lack of exercise and education regarding eating well.
  3. Hedonism. Society reinforces doing and being what feels best as opposed to making informed choices and potentially choosing long term gain over short term enjoyment.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

That is why my wife and I share meals when we eat out. The food quantity per person is more reasonable and we save money.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Bottom line is calories in / calories out. It really is that simple.

People want fast, easy and convenient and there's plenty of that in the form of food out there. Almost all of my clients claim they don't have the time to weight or measure their portions, track or log their foods and beverages, get to the gym or even exercise at home, yet they all want to lose 20 LBs in two weeks. I don't care what the market is telling you in terms of diet pills and supplements and diet fads... every single one of them have the same exact thing in common - they either restrict or eliminate an entire food group there by reducing/restricting a persons caloric intake. The way people eat here in the US is rotten! Not everyone, but many people are more worried about getting a huge portion size for their money vs. the ingredients, source and quality of their food. It's gross. All this "Strong is the new skinny" bull# is just a nice way of saying "I'm fat". Bulking? Really? how about just saying you fell off the nutrition wagon and can't stop shoving everything under the sun into your mouth. No one can out-exercise a bad diet.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: InwardDiver

Smart!

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LilFox
This!

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: musicismagic

I have struggled with weight my entire life.Last year I had lost
32 pounds in 10 months.I had a few health issues,earlier this
spring,that put some limitations on my movements.I had to take
it easy after having a series of mini-strokes through out the month
of May.These limitations caused me to gain 20 pounds back.
I have been cleared by the neurologist and have started driving again.
But,I have a new problem that has been getting worse since early
May.I have a problem with my left arm and shoulder and I am left-handed.
I am going to the doctor tomorrow and will find out what's going on.
When I am able to move around more,then I will be able to get the
weight back off me.
Remember,I lost 32 pounds,gained 20 pounds back,I am still down 12
pounds that I didn't gain back.

Congratulations on your weight loss and good on ya for getting back into the swing of things! Don't give up.....
I do want to mention one thing though... it wasn't your physical limitations that caused the weight gain. It was the amount of food you were eating during that time.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: kaylaluv
In my generation, calling someone a fat hog is bullying. Like, calling someone a retard, or calling someone butt ugly, or calling someone a loser.

If I can't do that how will I ever hold a meaningful conversation with my pal DB?

I always make exceptions for DB, so converse away!

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

I am wrong to have an opinion, huh? Is it really necessary to belittle another person to follow with an opinion of your own? These debating strategies are unneeded and honestly make me sad for ATS. If we are going to starting out debates with belittling, who in their right mind would feel that people care about what is to follow the belittling?

To each their own I always say, but I wouldn't label any of our opinions here to be wrong. Besides, the premise I stated was to go 12 hours or longer without eating anything... when one chooses to do so is up to each individual, but ignoring the concepts of ketosis by eating so frequently is the primary focus of concern I feel. The addition of skipping breakfast was stated to be a simpler way for one that may suffer ill affects from fasting for extended periods of time. If the average person sleeps 7 hours, then 60% of the trip to 12 hours to achieve ketosis makes learning to intermittently fast all the more easier. I taught one person to go from getting the shakes and headaches if a meal was skipped to an average BMI within 3 months of learning to intermittently fast... which doesn't include the healing of respiratory and skin ailment healing that came as a result of the practicing of intermittent fasting as well.

Portion control is not honored in my world of thinking as I never get hungry, I keep a low body fat count, and I eat whatever volume of food I wish to eat. I can go at least 4 days without food and do so in intervals for spiritual and physical health purposes. In no way would I advise that people do as I say or eat when I do though... it is the responsibility of each of us as individuals to formulate how and when we regulate or dietary standards to fit our metabolisms. I am just quite cozy'd up to the opinions that ancient humans didn't wake up in caves with a fully caught, altered, and prepared meal with such a wide array of choices each day... talking about, "so what's done for me already this fine day?" No, ancient humans went long periods of time without being able to catch and or gather a meal... at times causing death to those who were incapable of providing sustenance for themselves and or family.

We just live in the most thankless of times imaginable I feel. Being thankful for each and every waking opportunity to do good keeps me excited to eat cleanly and in a way that promotes healthier choices. Feeling responsible for what I ingest found roots from thankfulness as well. In the end, what it boils down to is that there is no mathematical way for the countless biochemistry make ups of RNA/DNA among the billions of humans alive to be funneled into the 'end all/be all' of weight remedies... especially across a conspiracy forum.

That's why I displayed the opinions of ketosis in dieting... it removes the vast array of differences among humans. Going 12 hours plus without food is a baseline test that anyone not under doctors specific instructions can try... even after a big breakfast perhaps. I also stated the observation that only humans in the animal kingdom have trouble with their weight control. If you ask me why, it is solely based on the lack of intermittent fasting in one's life.

very simple don't eat like a pig at dinner then sit the rest of the night

If this topic were very simple, then obesity wouldn't be quite the epidemic that it is in these times of abundance, now would we? Hell, I fully sympathize with those that have concerns of weight control... to the degree that I understand that even telling someone they may or may not be "eating like a pig" only promotes the elements of weight control to be more difficult to achieve.

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Parasites steal the good micronutrients in your body and force you to use what is left...while at the same time their impacts hinder your bodies ability to get rid of things it doesn't need....hence you can eat a nice healthy meal and the parasites will consume all of the good micro-nutrients and leave you with the sugars and other nasty things and ALSO slow down you bodies ability to cleanse itself of this bad food......however once you get a firm understanding of the normal natural human parasite relationship and how deadly it can be for you and then learn how simple and easy it is to police parasites regularly using natural foods … well then you understand why the weight literally falls right off of you once the parasitic firewall is knocked down and your body can do its thing unimpeded....you don't even need to run or work out...just police the bugs and eat right and your internal furnace will burn the fat away like butter in a hot pan.
. That's interesting ! How do you do that'?.... Or is there any links or reading material you can supply me with ?.... And have you had this issue first hand ?

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
That's interesting ! How do you do that'?.... Or is there any links or reading material you can supply me with ?.... And have you had this issue first hand ?

Of course not, he's a YouTube M.D.

edit on 31-7-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Sorry, way late to the thread but just wanted to add my opine:

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
I gain weight when I eat too much processed crap and don't get enough exercise and I lose weight when I eat healthy and get off my backside and move. I know this isn't the case for everyone but it is the case for MOST people. Propaganda telling me that "Big is beautiful" doesn't change my mind on the subject, but it enables those who are looking for any excuse to not accept responsibility for their own bodies. Obesity along with diabetes and heart disease are on the rise because of this.

"Fat shaming" is not only wrong but completely unnecessary. "Fat shaming" is not only wrong but completely unnecessary. Though many obese people claim happiness and say they feel beautiful it is said mostly to make themselves feel better because deep down most would like more than anything to be fit and healthy. I know that not many men discuss this issue with their friends, but women DO. I know many that put on a brave face and "claim" their "big and beautiful" status for the public and then sob in private.

Exactly processed food, and not to forget sugar and HFCS added to everything.

Seriously shamming only causes those with weight problems to eat more because it's an emotional eating issue. Seems it's less likely that it has changed anything, even the so called normalization of overweight obese really doesn't have the goal to accept "fat" overall but accept people as they are until they can change(instead of sulking, hiding and eating more) , if possible(some health issues, more) their weight issues.

Sure many might put on a brave face and cry later, it's really sad but if that moment can help them get through until they are ready to change(as mentioned if can, or at least then) the issue, they can function instead of being a recluse or eating more.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The TYPE of food eaten doesn't matter. The AMOUNT does.
Sugar is not the devil.
Carbs do not make you fat.
Processed / clean foods? No such thing as a BAD food.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Surely 1lb. of chocolate is not the same as 1lb. of shredded lettuce ...

Sure quantity is important, so is exercise and portion control. Too much of anything is not good, yet anything ... in moderation is OK .

Common sense and instinct ( taken heed of or not ) is your best guide.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Surely 1lb. of chocolate is not the same as 1lb. of shredded lettuce ...

Sure quantity is important, so is exercise and portion control. Too much of anything is not good, yet anything ... in moderation is OK .

Common sense and instinct ( taken heed of or not ) is your best guide.

You're talking about two different things - there's a difference between just weight loss vs. nutrition/overall health.

From a nutritional standpoint it depends on the type of lettuce you're eating. Iceberg doesn't have much of a nutritional profile compared to spinach. Chocolate on the other hand does have a few nutritional qualities and is more satisfying, but won't fill you up long term. It all comes down to goals. But for weight loss... it's calories in / calories out all day long.

So you have to be careful with clients who are just starting out. Start talking macro's and they get confused, turn the whole thing into a science project. Most people are fine with tracking up to a calorie target and being handed a meal plan lol!

In terms of common sense and instinct. Ever watch "My 600 LB Life"? Yeah... not everyone has common sense. Or they do but don't know how to exercise it. Instinct is OK but for those who are obese, it's usually instinct that got them in trouble in the first place.

edit on 1-8-2018 by Skorpiogurl because: .

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1

originally posted by: one4all
Parasites steal the good micronutrients in your body and force you to use what is left...while at the same time their impacts hinder your bodies ability to get rid of things it doesn't need....hence you can eat a nice healthy meal and the parasites will consume all of the good micro-nutrients and leave you with the sugars and other nasty things and ALSO slow down you bodies ability to cleanse itself of this bad food......however once you get a firm understanding of the normal natural human parasite relationship and how deadly it can be for you and then learn how simple and easy it is to police parasites regularly using natural foods … well then you understand why the weight literally falls right off of you once the parasitic firewall is knocked down and your body can do its thing unimpeded....you don't even need to run or work out...just police the bugs and eat right and your internal furnace will burn the fat away like butter in a hot pan.
. That's interesting ! How do you do that'?.... Or is there any links or reading material you can supply me with ?.... And have you had this issue first hand ?

Read Dr.Hulda Clarks work and it will inform you of many good health tips.I grew up on a Farm and animals and Humans are just 2 pieces of an 8 billion+ constellation of species impacted by parasites-bacteria-viruses....and the treatments for all diseases are the same....because the root cause is unpoliced parasitology.Yes I have experienced these results and yes they are dramatic and yes it is all food and diet based and NO you really do not need to jack your heart rate up and work out like a madman for your body to drop what it doesn't need.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join