It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are people becoming so fat that they look like a fat hog these days

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Tortuga

If they're consuming more, they're paying more tax. Simple. Perhaps it is they who should be dictating your level of medical care.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: s0nof0d1n

SonofOdin... I had not really dived into this, though, I have heard of Ketones. This is very interesting and I am going to look into this more. Do you have anymore information to share on this subject? And, straight up, thank you for your angle and ideas in your post.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

If they're consuming more, they're paying more tax. Simple. Perhaps it is they who should be dictating your level of medical care.

Consuming cheap high calorie food, a decent proportion of them getting that cash from welfare. See I can make wild assumptions too.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Nothing wild about it. It was pretty straight forward.

Are you under the impression that welfare recipients don't generate tax?

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Its the hormones they put in meat, the GMO's that are produce today, and other junk they put to season food in restaurants. I can eat at home using non GMO vegies and non antibiotic hormone free chicken and fell fine, but have the same thing out in a restaurants and I fell like hell the rest of the evening.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Newt22
a reply to: YouSir

I really wonder where you get that from... On one hand I think you don't know me well enough to call that shot, and, on the other hand I think. Derp, of course it is, Homer... Who's mind would it otherwise be in?

But in reality I finally think.. That's it?

It's in your mind

Gee, um, thanks,

Ummm...I know...I know...

See...then we get to hand responsibility over to some...other...

Much better for our psyche if it was never our doing...

Works for me...Kudo's...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: atsgrounded
a reply to: gortex

A huge misconception is that you can "burn" a Big Mac off. You can't.

Just a Big Mac has 540 calories, add fries and an apple pie and your ass will have to exercise for hours, and that is just for one "all American style" meal.

Low low simple carbs-low, low sugar-moderate protein and high saturated fat and moderate exercise will make most loose weight and look "lean".

But ya gotta stick to the diet and not eat the crap in the food pyramid-or not in the suggested helpings.

I don't see sex on this list.
You want to burn off that obese fat, have more sex.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

originally posted by: atsgrounded
a reply to: gortex

A huge misconception is that you can "burn" a Big Mac off. You can't.

Just a Big Mac has 540 calories, add fries and an apple pie and your ass will have to exercise for hours, and that is just for one "all American style" meal.

Low low simple carbs-low, low sugar-moderate protein and high saturated fat and moderate exercise will make most loose weight and look "lean".

But ya gotta stick to the diet and not eat the crap in the food pyramid-or not in the suggested helpings.

I don't see sex on this list.
You want to burn off that obese fat, have more sex.

Ummm...you mean sex with an actual other person...right...?

YouSir

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Well yes, but not exactly. Sometimes I get more of a workout with inanimate objects.
Personally, I'm in to anything turn of the century or early modern.
The less ornate, the more it holds up.
I almost killed myself on a Louis XV settee. Not good. I mean good, but not great.

You, Sir!....

edit on 29-7-2018 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have tough time trying to think of an animal in the entire animal kingdom that has problems with keeping their weight in check aside from humans... at least animals that aren't fed by humans that is.

The 3 meals a day plan might be great and all while we are growing as kids to full sized, but it is important to address the ketosis principles within our human vessels. The hinge factor of successful ketosis operating parameters calls for a period of 12 hours without sustenance to find a good medium of ketosis affects within the body.

I advise all grown adults to just simply skip breakfast... most of the 12 hours with no food are taken care of during sleep to shorten the time without food while awake. It is not called breakfast because there is a demand of food as soon as we wake... breakfast means the first meal of the day... BREAK-FAST.

I propose an offered step forward to help concerns in debate as opposed to the complaining and wallowing in choices of past. Making people feel anything negative towards a way that is seen with the eyes instead of anything really important like sympathy and empathy for other humans is certainly not a way to approach repair of concerns that negatively affect us as a whole.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
Its true humans consume far more than necessary.

Why shouldn't they?

In addition, food has become an antidepressant to the world we live in. Its a drug most are addicted to.

Really? Every day I hear about a new "addiction" for which the cause of is depression. Why are so many people so depressed in our awesome little world?

Well, I don't know but I think most of the overweight people probably have health insurance so if they didn't prefer food as an antidepressant, they could go to their handy dandy shrink and have the pills prescribed for them. For all the good it would do. Their lives as human milking cows would still suck. I guess it's better when everything sucks but you don't care because you've got pizza.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I've been here in Asia since the early 70's and I remember that fat people were fat, that is a fact, but today, there is a different trend on what fat and obesity means here. Woman are so fat that they have to take the elevator at the train stations, they can't even walk up the stairs.
Men, well, their bellies are about as round as Santa Claus these days. It really starting to be a real joke to watch watch fat people take two sets in the trains these days.

We All got our problems, nobodys perfect.
While you sit around, judging and laughing at People, potentially doing some psychologial damage to People (some People react to fatshaming, which you are doing, by eating Even more to comfort themself) atleast those Who are fat, only does damage to themself.

If i had to choose to spend time with you or a fat person, i would choose the bigger person everytime.
NOBODY likes bullies👎
edit on 29-7-2018 by IAMNOTYOU because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I love it when locals here in China tell me rice is healthy. I can calmly debunk it and quickly point to diabetes in old people. They then try to hide behind "but it's a staple food" which I can casually dismantle pointing out that staple foods change over time and there's no reason why anyone needs to eat white rice.

Don't even get me started on strokes in China and the direct link to salt.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Parasites steal the good micronutrients in your body and force you to use what is left...while at the same time their impacts hinder your bodies ability to get rid of things it doesn't need....hence you can eat a nice healthy meal and the parasites will consume all of the good micro-nutrients and leave you with the sugars and other nasty things and ALSO slow down you bodies ability to cleanse itself of this bad food......however once you get a firm understanding of the normal natural human parasite relationship and how deadly it can be for you and then learn how simple and easy it is to police parasites regularly using natural foods … well then you understand why the weight literally falls right off of you once the parasitic firewall is knocked down and your body can do its thing unimpeded....you don't even need to run or work out...just police the bugs and eat right and your internal furnace will burn the fat away like butter in a hot pan.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Newt22

My kids are similar to you and you sister, except they're a little over a year apart (going for Irish twins I was not...) The elder daughter is the more padded of the two, takes after me in that no matter how much physical activity she does, no matter how balanced the diet is, she's never going to be at average weight unless she starves herself (which I did as a teen and do NOT recommend)
Her sister, on the other hand, is a carbon copy of their dad -- he's naturally rail thin, constantly hungry, and energetic as hell. So is she, that kid is definitely a chip of the ol' block through & through. No matter what she eats, she's never going to be at average weight either, she's always going to be a little underweight, she burns off the calories like her dad -- fast AF. Then 20 minutes later, complains she's starving again. At friends' houses, the parents have noted that my older kid doesn't munch at all, while the younger kid hoovers everything like a teenage boy when they give snacks out.

They've had very minimal exposure to convenience foods, we've always put a priority on quality fresh foods. I suck in the kitchen, but usually my husband cooks enough volume of a healthy meal to last for 2 or 3 meals while he works. The most risky I'm willing to get is grilling, and it's a bit of a coin toss as to whether or not I'll catch the grill on fire somehow. But that & a salad is a staple, we eat a LOT of salads, the more colorful (veggie varied) the better.

They don't eat much in the way of sweets, either. This week's snacks stash consists of apples, bananas, oranges, kiwis, blueberries and cherries. I don't think we've bought, or even made homemade, cookies in a good 3 or 4 months now. If they don't much on that, we also have a walnut tree in the yard that is VERY prolific, and they'll set the fallen ones aside until they're ready to crack open.
Overall, they eat the same portion sizes, regardless of how hungry the younger one proclaims to be at any given point. She knows once she has he snack for the day, that's it til the next meal.

They get the same amount of exercise, too. They're out the door at the same time every day, and back in it the same time every evening, playing with the same friends in the neighborhood. Be it t-ball or baseball, soccer, volleyball, tag, biking, etc, these two don't sit still for nothing outside.

I'm very curious as to what you and you sister each weighed when you were born, if you know. My older kid was 6 and a half pounds, while my younger kid was 8 pounds, 15 ounces. The long, scrawny baby ended up being the heavier kid, while the shorter, and rather chubby baby ended up being the waif.
There's an Old Wive's Tale that predicts size based on birth weights (lower weight = grows up heavier, higher weight = grows up thinner) Though I don't know how accurate it actually is. Just anecdotally, it seems to have merit.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

That's a little spooky. The story is my mother was running from a Tornado, jumped in a ditch, then went into labor. My Dad did get her to the hospital, but, we were born 1 and a half months premature. I was 3.4 pounds and my sister 3.2.

edit on 29-7-2018 by Newt22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

You ain't fat! You ain't nothin'!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 29-7-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: auroraaus

So shove the PC crap!

Coming from the guy who can't go a day without writing half a dozen threads about food

And hey! I recall someone once told me if they can't say anything nice don't post at all.

Got any Tide pod recipes broseph?

edit on 29-7-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Wrong eating a big breakfast and eating smaller portions for dinner,you don't burn much fat while sleeping,you do during the day,very simple don't eat like a pig at dinner then sit the rest of the night

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

You just contradicted yourself.

Big brekky , moderate lunch and small dinner ( if at all ).

This protocol allows you to utilise the carb/protein uptake during your active time.
edit on 30-7-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join