It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin - Trump meeting live feed

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Election influencing is not the same thing. The U.S. Didn't break laws to influence world events. Tell me Berlusconi didn't need to go?
Where did they hack into computer systems and publish emails all over the internet to discredit and weaken the candidacy of participants?
Where is the social media blitz?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yes I am. . I've had to point out this very fact several times to you guys who thought it was in Russia.
Trump still went to him. The point is he should never have met with him in the first place.

Who are the "you guys" you had to point this out to?
Trump went to finland as did putin. Neither went to the others country.
all you do is lie

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I just want to put up my favorite two quotes from this press conference:

“Where do you get this idea that Donald Trump trusts me, and I trust him?”
-Vladimir Putin

“I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but uhh, ahh, I’ll tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.”
-Donald Trump

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

If I have to read "we do it too" one more time....

I get it. That's the company line.

I think I'd like an example since everybody keeps claiming it actually.

Sure, I’ll be glad to do your research for you.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Last I checked, a bogeyman doesn’t exist. Trump just had a press conference with the KGB president of Russia, so they aren’t exactly a bogeyman. They were just on TV.

Trump is the president, but just because he does something or says something, it is not the end all be all for the whole of America. Every president does and says things many in the country disagree with, that is evident in all democracies.

(Though I understand anything you disagree with will be classified as “rhetoric”, but I digress..)

I've said Russia and their meddling is a problem. However I've already said many times in this thread that until evidence is shown that they actually changed the outcome of our election, anyone saying they did is an opinion, or rhetoric.

All it would take to fix our political climate would be Trump not attacking and labeling everyone who disagrees with him as the enemy.

We have far more wrong with our political system than Trump. He is a symptom and result of many problems.

That is insane. And if you are defending that, it’s only an indication of how logically and politically compromised everyone who thinks like you has become.

I don't identify with any political party. If you mean that I won't take a side or follow either's script, than sure.

Simply put my whole point has been that the problems are on both sides and the country as a whole. I think people would rather bitch than think hard of solutions to the root causes we have ignored that has allowed our country to let money drive politics.

That said, I think you're helping prove my point.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Do you believe Putin?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Election influencing is not the same thing. The U.S. Didn't break laws to influence world events. Tell me Berlusconi didn't need to go?
Where did they hack into computer systems and publish emails all over the internet to discredit and weaken the candidacy of participants?
Where is the social media blitz?

You've taken it from "give me examples" to semantics, meddling>influencing.

Just because we have new terms like hacking doesn't mean that information wasn't intercepted and used before the advent of the internet.

Also, since when does cash bribes not count as illegal?

Maybe you have an opinion on who "needs to go", but just because you think we have some moral high ground doesn't mean we do things in other countries best interests rather than our own.

What about us supporting Saddam in Iraq? What about Saudi Arabia being a rampant source of human rights violations? We have continued to put those in power who we support no matter the ramifications. Cherry pick if you'd like, the fact is we have done some good things in the world, but we also have done bad. You asked for examples, and without bogging down the thread I gave you a few.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Looks like the world stays in-tact, with increased global peace continuing to manifest.

Those who were happy/satisfied yesterday, are still that way today.

Those who were scared/angry yesterday, are still that way today.

Told everyone that Trump-Russian "summit" was only billed that way by those who are uninformed, irrational, or greedy for Advertising $$$.. Trump/Putin talk all the time by phone. This was just an in-person chit-chat. Nothing more/less.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Do you believe Putin?

Why would I believe any politician much less Putin? I'm not naive, I know that Russia is out for themselves and they will play dirty to further their agenda (just as we do from time to time).

That said, I'll wait for facts before I throw fuel on the fire for the sake of emotion. Many people are distorting what we know (they meddled to a degree), and rewording it to sound like they physically hacked and changed votes. That said, I've already said it was reported and leaked that they attempted to hack our voting machines.

Just because I'm an independent who thinks there are problems in our country, on both sides, does not mean I drink anyone's koolaid.

It just means I think we have more hope in addressing our political problems as a country rather than blaming all our woes on another without offering viable solutions to our problems. I asked what your solution would be, and it was...

All it would take to fix our political climate would be Trump not attacking and labeling everyone who disagrees with him as the enemy.

So do you truly believe if that happens our country will be hunky dory? Because if I'm being honest with myself, I think we have had political problems long before Trump entered the ring.... Starting with more money and lobbyists projecting influence each cycle.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

So do we agree that Trump is wrong when he says he believes Putin over his own advisors?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
news.grabien.com...
When a "summit" elicits this type of response from a non-elected bureaucrat something is wrong.

"Donald Trump's press performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of 'high crimes and misdemeanors,'" Brennan tweeted. "It was nothing short of treasonous. Not only were Trump's comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are you???"

A press conference now is the standard for impeachment? This fool has lost his mind. Interesting he worked for the cia as he clearly has contempt for what the actual law is. For "treason" to exist congress would have had to declare war on someone, but when has the cia been know for following us law?
I would submit the real problem brennan has is this:

And that one-on-one discussion, who knows what was discussed there.

When he can't listen in or control the conversation is when there is an issue.
Too bad for him the cia doesn't select our elected officals, the citizens who vote in the usa do.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

So do we agree that Trump is wrong when he says he believes Putin over his own advisors?

Can you quote him saying that ?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Scorched Earth? Not quite yet. FBI, DoJ, IRS, etc are all law enforcement which would be Executive Branch agencies. Trump is pretty much free to Executive Order each and every department out of existence on a whim. The funding of which would return to the general operation fund of the Treasury for either Congressional redistribution among other remaining agencies or to be applied to the National Debt directly.

Trump might have to answer some pretty big questions in doing so. But there really isn’t anything that says he cannot do such a thing. In fact, he can place both the House and Senate into recess until the screeching dies down on the simple statement that he feels it is to the detriment of country for either to remain in session until the political teeth gnashing subsides. And simply wait until the Press dials down the partisanship vitriol and acts civil.

After all Civility and Decorum are paramount to political discourse. Shrill contemptuous banter is why political discussions are despised by many people and regarded as a cesspool.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I doubt Trump really believes Putin. He was trying to save face because he's trying to improve US-Russia relations. You can argue that's not a good idea if you want but Trump is on record saying he believes Russia attempted to meddle in the election.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

He said Putin had "strong and powerful denials".

He also said he had faith in our intelligence community.

Where I see you're making your logical conclusion that he "believes Putin over his own advisors" must be from him lambasting the probe into collusion. I've seen plenty of politicians deny allegations, and I'm not surprised.

That said I haven't seen the results of the investigation yet.

Just to clarify, I don't take Putin's or Trump's words for face value, or necessarily believe either of them.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

Under already quoted him two times

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The Dems discredited and weakened themselves by having those emails in the first place. You snowflakes are just upset that your DNC was exposed.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

Under already quoted him two times

That's what is weird... I read that quote and THAT quote does not say " I believe Putin over my intelligence agencies. "

I need help finding the quote where he states "I believe Putin over my I.C. "

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

“I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but uhh, ahh, I’ll tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.”
-Donald Trump

You can play semantics if you want and claim I took that out of context and that it doesn’t really “mean” that but that is a load of BS. And part of the way the right propagandizes comments they don’t like. Those comments in the proper context are readily available to anyone who watches the entire press conference.

So don’t play the whole, “look, he really didn’t mean that!” crap. Didn’t work during the election, not going to work now.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

-Donald Trump

You can play semantics if you want and claim I took that out of context and that it doesn’t really “mean” that but that is a load of BS. And part of the way the right propagandizes comments they don’t like. Those comments in the proper context are readily available to anyone who watches the entire press conference.

So don’t play the whole, “look, he really didn’t mean that!” crap. Didn’t work during the election, not going to work now.

So, you cannot produce said quote ?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join