It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin - Trump meeting live feed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: UKTruth

Lol, what's the problem?

I’d say giving a foreign government the authority to question and prosecute people in America is a bad thing.

I’m not surprised you disagree with me.

Actually, it's observing US authorities questioning citizens that have committed crimes against Russia and vice versa.
I am not surprised you don't actually understand the point, or if you do you be would against it. It's put up or shut up time.
Whether you like it or not, the ball is in Mueller's court and he needs to start packing his bags or be forced to admit his 'indictments' are just political fluff - again.
edit on 16/7/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

“I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but uhh, ahh, I’ll tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.”

-Donald Trump

The president of the United States just said this, publicly.

Just wanted to quote that one more time. If anyone ever needs any evidence of how oblivious Trump is to anything other than his own interests, here you go.

For everyone here in America, you aren’t in Trumps best interest, unless you’re in his.

Think about that. Because everything that won Trump the election and will bring Trump down is in that one sentence. And was made clear to everyone watching today who hasn’t adopted the Fox News brain parasite as a natural part of their anatomy.

link   
What I think really happened:

Trump made some nice comments about Putin before the election. There is nothing wrong with a future president wanting to make nice with a leader that he hopes to build good relations with.

Putin made no secret that he did not want Hillary to win. He had common sense.

Russia trolls on-line made their feelings clear, some supporting either candidate, just like trolls from the US and other countries. Hillary even hired her own army of on-line trolls.

Russian IPs were seen infiltrating the DNC servers, with their low security. As mentioned, I am positive other countries were in there. Obama said.. whoa wait, we can use this. Let the Russians do their thing.

Someone in the DNC took offense to their treatment of Bernie Sanders, and leaked some emails that they grabbed from within the system. They did have poor security, as we know.

The Democrats put all of the above together, decided to add in a fake dossier to solidify their plan, and yelled RUSSIAN COLLUSION. Thus, they had their Insurance Policy against Trump.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Lol, what's the problem?

I’d say giving a foreign government the authority to question and prosecute people in America is a bad thing.

Huh? So.... you think that countries should not be able to prosecute people in other countries?
Does that mean that you think Rosenstein had no right to indict these Russians?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It's disgusting to see an elected official bend over and take it from an enemy.
Putin knows something!!

www.reuters.com...
edit on 16-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You dont want the Russians getting involved in our judicial system. It blows my mind that anyone cant see that. As far as I can tell Trump did nothing but trash our intelligence (which would include a lot of his own hand picked people now), and went along with everything Putin had to say.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Lol, what's the problem?

Actually, it's observing US authorities questioning citizens that have committed crimes against Russia and vice versa.
I
Not surprised you don't actually understand the point, or if you do would against it. It's put up or shut up time.

So you trust Putin?

(Not asking because I really care, just that the level of doublethink put on display in your posts is very interesting, and I’m a fan of psychology)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Total hypocrisy as usual - "extradite these 12 men!!!".
"No, we will question them and allow you in, going even further than our 1999 treaty - as long as you will do the same for us".
"How dare they want to question Americans!"

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UnBreakable

They meddled like this? Hacking into email systems? All out social media assault?
Did we publish private emails of the candidates online?
Break into their voter registration systems?
No. Not even close. Just stop with the "but they did it too" nonsense.

I'm sure we didn't help Alexei Navalny in any way

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Trump doesn't trust his own Intelligence Agency. He basically stated that on the world stage. It's very concerning to hear him say this.

He has reasons not to trust them, since they were out to get hime.... but as the leader of the free world, he messed up bigtime by not supporting their intelligence and giving Putin a pass.

I expect his approval rating will be dropping a few points. He does nothing to help himself...he just put fuel on the fire.

link   
I thought it was a good press conference and that to me says they had a good first meeting.

Putin’s goals for the Russian Federation seems to be inline with Trump’s goals with America, that is they each want to make their country better by self sufficiency and accept trade for harder to domestically produce products.

They both admit that the two countries need to normalize relations to stabilize trade. That agreed stable efforts keep gas and oil production at a stable cost that is beneficial to producers and consumers as either US or Russia could over produce and flood the European market killing both efforts. That Russia has a logistical cost advantage due to location isn’t a huge detriment to the US because we have a more free access to trade.

All in all, a good first start.

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yeah that's why he spent five minutes talking about how he won the election, Hillary Clinton, her servers, her emails and Peter strzok.
That's how interested he is in those issues.
I don't think this is going to sit well with law makers on the hill.
Some statements were really bad. Might land him in deeper trouble.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Lol, what's the problem?

Huh? So.... you think that countries should not be able to prosecute people in other countries?
Does that mean that you think Rosenstein had no right to indict these Russians?

Legally, no he shouldn’t. That doesn’t mean their isn’t cause to, just that he doesn’t have the power to do that. And that’s a good thing that works both ways.

Hey, why not let China, or North Korea question and go after people they have a problem with in America? Do you think they’re going to follow their own laws or ours?

I’m sure Trump thinks they’ll follow ours. I hope most Americans aren’t that dumb.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Lol, what's the problem?

I
Not surprised you don't actually understand the point, or if you do would against it. It's put up or shut up time.

So you trust Putin?

(Not asking because I really care, just that the level of doublethink put on display in your posts is very interesting, and I’m a fan of psychology)

What has trust got to do with it?
He just offered for his law enforcement people to question the 12 men in the presence of Mueller.
If the right questions are not posed or answered, Mueller will know.
Mueller won't touch it because he has nothing and he will lose control of the information, with the public most likely able to see the questions and answers...not good for the political campaign pretending to be an investigation.

Perhaps brush up on your psychology studies. You currently get an F.
edit on 16/7/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Russia destabilized Syria to send millions of immigrants streaming into Europe.
That's their goal for the middle east. Use them to cause divisions in europe so they can turn them against each other. Weaken economies.

Wait..... Are you stating unchecked immigration, where thousands to millions are allowed to flood a nation and eject the local culture is a bad thing ? That flooding a nation with thousands of no-skill workers, speaking a different language and having incompatible social-norms is a bad thing ?

Now, out of the other-side of your mouth explain to us why it's a good thing here....

Situational Ethics....

Check...and mate!

link   

Yes I am. . I've had to point out this very fact several times to you guys who thought it was in Russia.
Trump still went to him. The point is he should never have met with him in the first place.

link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: underwerks

Trump doesn't trust his own Intelligence Agency. He basically stated that on the world stage. It's very concerning to hear him say this.

He has reasons not to trust them, since they were out to get hime.... but as the leader of the free world, he messed up bigtime by not supporting their intelligence and giving Putin a pass.

I expect his approval rating will be dropping a few points. He does nothing to help himself...he just put fuel on the fire.

I’m no fan of the CIA, but I’d trust them before I’d trust Putin and the KGB when it comes to Americas best interest.

Good lord.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

🙄

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

It's a metaphor.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes I am. . I've had to point out this very fact several times to you guys who thought it was in Russia. Trump still went to him. The point is he should never have met with him in the first place.

Yea, diplomacy is a horrible idea in times of tension... /s

Trump has said a lot of questionable if not stupid remarks the last couple of days, people on both sides have agreed.

One thing I will agree with him on though is no matter what happened at this summit, it wouldn't be enough.

The left would rather North Korean and Russian relations deteriorate than Trump having anything to do with positive steps forward.

What do you suggest we do? Wage war with them?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join