It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin - Trump meeting live feed

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:
(post by jimmyx removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ok... So a police Officer shows up at a domestic disturbance and takes statements from the two people....

Another Police Officer responds to the call and asks the first officer what is the situation...

"Well he said she hit him with a frying pan ; But she strongly denies that "

Which person is the police officer claiming to believe ?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: CriticalStinker

So do we agree that Trump is wrong when he says he believes Putin over his own advisors?

Can you quote him saying that ?

In Underwerks defense, that's how the media is headlining it. Here is one example, but google brings up many.

Trump defends Putin from claims of election interference

"I hold both countries responsible. I think that the United States has been foolish. I think that we've all been foolish. We should have had this dialogue a long time ago, a long time, frankly, before I got to office," Mr. Trump said during a joint press conference with Putin.

"All I can do is ask the question - my people came to me, Dan Coats came to me and some others, they said they think it's Russia. I have President Putin he just said it's not Russia. I will say this, I don't see any reason why it would be but I really want to see the server but, I have confidence in both parties," Mr. Trump said.

CBS

Asked whether he believes his own intelligence agencies, which say that Russia interfered in the 2016 United States election, or Mr. Putin, who denies it, Mr. Trump refused to say, but he expressed doubt about whether Russia was to blame.

“There was no collusion at all,” Mr. Trump, who said the campaign was clean and that he had beaten Mrs. Clinton easily (although he did not mention that she won the popular vote).

NYT

With all that, I think he could have handled all of this better.
edit on 16-7-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

(post by carewemust removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Ok... So a police Officer shows up at a domestic disturbance and takes statements from the two people....

Another Police Officer responds to the call and asks the first officer what is the situation...

"Well he said she hit him with a frying pan ; But she strongly denies that "

Which person is the police officer claiming to believe ?

Experience offers insight.

In other words - - - an experienced officer will note clues - - - in behavior, inflection, body language, possibly past history, etc.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That's a very well thought out way, to not answer the question....

But it shows you understand, that it wasn't a definitive statement. You just won't say it plainly because it pulls the wind out of the sails...

edit on 16-7-2018 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So don’t play the whole, “look, he really didn’t mean that!” crap. Didn’t work during the election, not going to work now.

It worked last thursday for Peter Strzok, a senior FBI agent.
“[Trump’s] not ever going to become president, right? Right?!” Page texted Strzok.

“No. No he won’t. We’ll stop it,” Strzok responded.

Funny how people are choosey with how standards are applied.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Worth referencing one of the greatest lines in political history made by any leader... one for the history books:

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace than risk peace in pursuit of politics -
President Donald J Trump July 16th 2018.

edit on 16/7/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: jimmyx
trump got off his knees, and wiped away the "joy" which putin spewed at him, and then proceded to publicly kiss his ass, telling our own counter-intel agencies to go fly a kite.....we have a weak wussy of a president, and a traitor....after this, there is no debate, no excuse, start the impeachment of this traitor, this putin service boy.....what a disgusting display of weakness and impotance by trump.

for what crime?

No crime yet, just McCarthyism. That would be so helpful to our country. Any time we circumvent laws for political gain its been just peachy. We had McCarthyism, and then we had the age of Terrorism where the patriot act just about stripped all rights in the US.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

But it shows you understand, that it wasn't a definitive statement. You just won't say it plainly because it pulls the wind out of the sails...

Not at all.

Experience is the teacher. Instinct is learned.

You not liking or accepting my response - - - reflects only on you.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

So do we agree that Trump is wrong when he says he believes Putin over his own advisors?

I doubt Trump really believes Putin. He was trying to save face because he's trying to improve US-Russia relations. You can argue that's not a good idea if you want but Trump is on record saying he believes Russia attempted to meddle in the election.

And yet he still bends over and takes it, makes excuses, and basically chumps out the US in favor of the Russian Oligarchy.

Yet none dare call it treason....

edit on 16-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Not at all.

Experience is the teacher. Instinct is learned.

You not liking or accepting my response - - - reflects only on you.

You didn't give a response. You side-stepped the question.

I liked your response personally, it shows everyone you're "playing politics". Again, you just can't openly admit it's not a definitive statement cause that takes the wind out of the sails. But your refusal to actually answer and your interest in derailing the thought, shows you know it.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

If trump committed a crime I am for congress impeaching him. I haven't seen actual evidence that he has. I have read numerous statements from the doj and fbi that he is not the target of any investigation.
By the same token I am for others who have committed crimes while in service, or elected to office to be charged for those crimes.
I have never seen anyone suggest impeachment for answers from a press conference. That was a first today.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: face23785

I doubt Trump really believes Putin. He was trying to save face because he's trying to improve US-Russia relations. You can argue that's not a good idea if you want but Trump is on record saying he believes Russia attempted to meddle in the election.

And yet he still bends over and takes it, makes excuses, and basically chumps out the US in favor of the Russian Oligarchy.

Anything short of a typical liberal temper tantrum or a cancellation of the meeting would have been deemed - by liberals - as 'bending over and taking it'. As it stands, Trump got a major concession for the Special Counsel to not only have the 12 people indicted brought in for questioning but a chance to be there to witness it. That's a damn site more than Obama or Hillary ever got for the country - though they did enrich themselves and Hillary also managed to go giddy over a red button.
edit on 16/7/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I think I understand.
You will not be satisfied until Trump declares war on Russia?

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

If trump committed a crime I am for congress impeaching him.

I agree 100%. Impeaching on accusations will just create a precedence and a tit for tat for the future.

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

As it stands, Trump got a major concession for the Special Counsel to not only have the 12 people indicted brought in for questioning but a chance to be there to witness it.

Has putin ever made such an offer before?
Funny how this offer is not even being seen as a token of good faith.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: olaru12

I think I understand.
You will not be satisfied until Trump declares war on Russia?

I think it's now clear that liberals don't actually understand anything other than their own tactics - which in this case would be crying and finger pointing, calling Putin a meany and having a mental breakdown.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
BURN

Ex-RNC chairman: Trump sounded like an 'asset' next to his 'handler'

Former Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Michael Steele said President Trump sounded like an “asset” standing next to his “handler” during a joint press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday.

When asked whether he would condemn the Russian government for election meddling, Trump said: “I don't see any reason why it would be” Russia who hacked Democrats during the 2016 election.

“That's how a press conference sounds when an Asset stands next to his Handler,” Steele said in a tweet weighing in on the president’s remarks.

thehill.com...

edit on 16-7-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join