It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the Freemasons preserve arcane mystical and occult knowledge in their rituals?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I am not a mason, have never been one, and know almost nothing about it.

However, if 'akilles' is typical of the anti-Masons, and people like Masonic Light are typical Masons, that in itself seems to be a good reason for me to join.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'm glad you have your own opinion on the Occult, buddy.

But I'm not interested in it, seeing as how you said you haven't investigated it in Freemasonry, and you lack the mind to investigate it elsewhere.

Not all that glitters is gold.
Ever heard of a Wolf in Sheep's clothing?

Too much to handle for some.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Quote: "Hate to be a *Bastard* but 18 = 6+6+6."

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA - that was a Good One - oh no 666 I am so Scared of "Occult Numbers" (can you say Dogma)! Profane Indeed!

Quote: "God Knows What" - yes like Reading Books & Opening your Mind & trying to Understand & Trying to Enlighten Yourself instead of living in the Mire of Ignorance - Diabolical I know!

"666 the Number of the Beast"

-Slayer

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Serpente, I think you got the wrong idea.

I am not scared of any number or any knowledge or any viewpoint.

I was merely stating if the 18th degree does reveal the 'true name of God' in some Rites, then the degree in which you are taught must be also symbolic of some aspect of God.

Have you ever heard the story of the Blind Creator God? He thought he was the only God. Its an interesting story, makes you wonder if the Blind Creator is the True God, or only tells us it is so.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles

I don't believe you. Fear is always at the heart of bigotry.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
fear is mans first natural enemy
never think you have no fear..thou dont let it rule you..
i like to keep fear by my side..it keeps you aware..
in front of you,you hesitate & trip
behind you run or get pushed..

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by akilles

I don't believe you. Fear is always at the heart of bigotry.

Those have to be some of the truest words ever spoken here on ATS.
You got my vote again, ML.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
"Don't be an ignorant fool."

Sebatwerk said that. He had better get a warning for that crap. And Akilles, don't call people "idiot!" You just fuel their anger. Relax and let them get worked up, specially Axeman.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by freudling

Sebatwerk said that. He had better get a warning for that crap. And Akilles, don't call people "idiot!" You just fuel their anger. Relax and let them get worked up, specially Axeman.

You think I'm getting worked up? Heheheh I don't think so bud.

Keep trying though.

Being passionate about something and getting worked up about something are two very different things. I'll give you that I don't have the cool-headedness of say, Masonic Light, but hey, I'm just me. Sorry if you don't like it. I'm not going anywhere.

[edit on 2/25/05 by The Axeman]

df1

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I rarely post any more, because ATS has become so PC that one can now get a warning for speaking the truth.

Big Yawn

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

I rarely post any more, because ATS has become so PC that one can now get a warning for speaking the truth.

Big Yawn

So, you have a problem with decorum? If so, you know where the door is. I'm a little pissed right now. I've guided this forum though various troll, I care little for your politics. I throw a warn at a Mason and I get u2u's and posts like this? Very unMasonic.

I'm rethinking.

df1

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I throw a warn at a Mason and I get u2u's and posts like this?

I did not u2u you even once, let alone in the plural as you imply.

I did not make any reference to or about Masons as you imply.

My opinion was stated in a civil manner.

You call me names, twist my words into something they did not say and beat your chest about what a wonderful job your doing.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1

Originally posted by intrepid
I throw a warn at a Mason and I get u2u's and posts like this?

I did not u2u you even once, let alone in the plural as you imply.

I did not make any reference to or about Masons as you imply.

My opinion was stated in a civil manner.

You call me names, twist my words into something they did not say and beat your chest about what a wonderful job your doing.

Intrepid is mad because I sent him U2U's to gripe at the injustice of the reason he warned me. I don't know what else he expected. There's many other times where, if I had been warned for what I posted, I would've thought that was justified... that's why I'm surprised at this. And at no time was my conduct un-masonic.

Anyways, that's what he's referring to.

[edit on 26-2-2005 by sebatwerk]

df1

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

So let me get this straight. He is ticked off at you, so he beats up on me.

I'll teach him, I'm gonna go kick the dog....

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1

Originally posted by sebatwerk

So let me get this straight. He is ticked off at you, so he beats up on me.

I'll teach him, I'm gonna go kick the dog....

I'm not gonna speak for him, I was just letting you know what he meant by what he said.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenmansmind
fear is mans first natural enemy
never think you have no fear..thou dont let it rule you..
i like to keep fear by my side..it keeps you aware..
in front of you,you hesitate & trip
behind you run or get pushed..

For at least 15 years, I was not able to come up with anything that scared me, and so I told many that I did not fear anything. Then I met my twin flame. Her eyes were the first thing, there was something I saw there that scared me more than anything had in many years.
Still, I belligerently and foolishly felt that I was fearless......
One night she had a seizure that lasted maybe 5 minutes, and the utter terror I felt, hoping she would not die, proved to me big time how wrong I had been.
The final confirmation came when she got seriously injured last year, and I accepted that I am not even close to being without fear. What a fool I had been to think I feared nothing......I was blind.
One last point on fear, I strongly believe that all hatred is just a ego defence reaction to a persons very strong, deeply rooted feelings of fear, that they dare not express as such, and so therefore it surfaces as hatred instead.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
For at least 15 years, I was not able to come up with anything that scared me, and so I told many that I did not fear anything. Then I met my twin flame. Her eyes were the first thing, there was something I saw there that scared me more than anything had in many years.
Still, I belligerently and foolishly felt that I was fearless......
One night she had a seizure that lasted maybe 5 minutes, and the utter terror I felt, hoping she would not die, proved to me big time how wrong I had been.
The final confirmation came when she got seriously injured last year, and I accepted that I am not even close to being without fear. What a fool I had been to think I feared nothing......I was blind.
One last point on fear, I strongly believe that all hatred is just a ego defence reaction to a persons very strong, deeply rooted feelings of fear, that they dare not express as such, and so therefore it surfaces as hatred instead.

I do hope all turns out well.

but:
A man without fear is either foolish , or insane. The real Heroes are those that are frightened to death, yet they still carry on.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   

So, you have a problem with decorum? If so, you know where the door is. I'm a little pissed right now. I've guided this forum though various troll, I care little for your politics. I throw a warn at a Mason and I get u2u's and posts like this? Very unMasonic.

I'm rethinking.

In defence of an overworked Moderator, guys there is a lot goes on behind the scenes that no one here sees. Considering the subjects displayed here I think the Mods do a great job, if they were not here anarchy would follow then shut down.

I would like to Masonically say you do a good job, keep doing it.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Fear does help keep you alive. It's what keeps you from running out into the traffic. But one has to understand why one fears something.
Blind fear is no more than ignorance.

Incidentally, I think you do a good job Intrepid. I've had a few warnings in my couple of years at ATS. Most of the time, I've known that I was going to get one as I've pressed the Post Reply button (but most of the time it was worth it!!!). I don't think I've ever received one that I didn't deserve.
My advice to you Sebatwerk, is to take it on the chin.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
i do laugh at those bumper stickers that say no fear..i allways know a fool when i see one....like i said i keep fear besides me....it does keep you aware..
i have been fearful of things in the past..i let it before me or behind....
when you keep it by yourside,you can keep a clear mind and not have mole hills turn to mtn.s..
a couple yrs ago i had a man filled with rage,put a sledge hammer to my head...he was threatening me hardcore..i stood there with out fear calmly looking into his eyes and said go ahead,not faltered by it all...now by keeping fear at my side,i would be able to act/react clearly,automatically

when i had a 15 foot wave eat me and swallow me whole,i did not fear the death that should have followed,i surrendered to it...fear would have kept me under and sunk me like a log..facing fear and surrendering allowed me to resurface...fear driven me somehow in the shape i was in from a distance out in a harsh sea.."its not that i fear death but i do love life.".not sure whos quote that is..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join