It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the Freemasons preserve arcane mystical and occult knowledge in their rituals?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Yet another admonition to NOT circumvent the censors.

BTW, that's warn #2.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
oh your such a threat intrepid..did you not here me..i dont care about the fear and reward system of this planet..
those little red things are kind of cool..what is the sense in warning me twice...do you feel threatend...you must be a mammas boy

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Let us go to a 33rd degree Freemason for some answers. Manly P. Hall wrote: "Freemasonry is a fraternity within a fraternity-an outer organization concealing an inner brotherhood of the elect...the one visible and the other invisible. The visible society is a splendid camaraderie of 'free and accepted' men enjoined to devote themselves to ethical, educational, fraternal, patriotic and humanitarian concerns. The invisible society is a secret and most august fraternity whose members are dedicated to the service of an...arcanum arcandrum (sacred secret)."

Past Grand Registrar Walter Wilmshurst further explained that those seeking higher knowledge "must be prepared to divest himself of all past preconceptions and thought habits and, with childlike meekness and docility, surrender his mind to the reception of some perhaps novel and unexpected truths..."

Manly P. Hall elaborated that "In the remote past the gods walked with men and...they chose from among the sons of men the wisest and truest. With these specially ordained and illumined sons they left the keys of their great wisdom...They ordained these annointed and appointed ones to be priests or mediators between themselves--the gods--and that humanity which had not yet developed the eyes which permitted them to gaze into the face of TRUTH and live...These illumined ones founded what we know as the Ancient Mysteries."

So there you have it...there are "sacred secrets" that are known and preserved only by the "elect". We musn't be hasty to condemn any and all Freemasons since it seems that only the "illumined" few hold onto or practice what must remain secret.

So exactly what are these secrets? God knows. Let's leave it at that and stop all of the mud slinging and nonsense.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenmansmind
oh your such a threat intrepid..did you not here me..i dont care about the fear and reward system of this planet..
those little red things are kind of cool..what is the sense in warning me twice...do you feel threatend...you must be a mammas boy

See, now you're learning. No action to be taken here because you didn't break the rules. Am I threatened by you? This is the internet mate. Pfft. I can take the "mommas boy" thing. If you really want action, circumvent the censors again, what got you your 2 warns, and see what happens.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i feel like walter in many ways,i live my life far different than most and it reflects in what i do ...i inspire and enlighten so many and change their lifes for the better.....
i wish others could take the blindfolds off..
forgive me intrepid..i am just a very receptive person..i did not mean to bruise you...i can usually reach out my hand to an enemy even..but i am fed up with all thsi bull# i am reading..all the weaknesses..i think a little rubbed off on me.i wont say sorry dont believe in it..just a forgive me..do you have the strength to do that..a part of me is doubting it.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
i wish i was a fat budha..so i could jiggle with my laughter now..thank you for the enlightenment guys..i really could use a good laugh..
oh i wish we could meet in public rather than this internet..i think it would be very entertaining

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm still intrigued by the "circle jerking" comment....

Now where did you get that quote from?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
if i did not break the rules then why the silly warnings..and what actually am i learning how to be more enlightened..by societys bull #...i am not one to conform to any part of it..

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Bruised I am not. My only concern is for the community. I AM disturbed by the fact that you may perceive me as an enemy. All I desire is that the ATS community moves forward with all members enjoying discourse. It is my only concern.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
who said i was enjoying it..i am amused by it..to be amused does not mean i have be enjoying it..i am finding it ridiculous..my inner child..
i did not say that you were my enemy...i said i could lend an enemy my hand...
i am a very evolved individual...just ask those around me...
you will not see it in my writting..for i have never conformed well to our structure..i dont believe in it..

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
there is alot of power in sexual majik...i have practiced many types of majik..i live a life similar to sorcerers or shamans...
the invisible ones speak to me

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well, we've gotten through this episode without incident, maybe we should get back to the topic.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by D_Emissary56

Let us go to a 33rd degree Freemason for some answers. Manly P. Hall wrote: "Freemasonry is a fraternity within a fraternity-an outer organization concealing an inner brotherhood of the elect...the one visible and the other invisible. The visible society is a splendid camaraderie of 'free and accepted' men enjoined to devote themselves to ethical, educational, fraternal, patriotic and humanitarian concerns. The invisible society is a secret and most august fraternity whose members are dedicated to the service of an...arcanum arcandrum (sacred secret)."

It's true that that was written by Hall, but saying that it was written by a 33° Mason is a little misleading. Brother Hall received the 33° in 1990; but he wrote the above quote in 1929, 25 years before he became a Mason (he was initiated as a First Degree Entered Apprentice in 1954).

When his books were reprinted shortly before his death, he wrote new introductions to them, where he concedes that at the time he originally wrote them, his only knowledge of Freemasonry came from a few books he'd checked out at his local public library. The disclaimer is significant because it demonstrates that the above was not written by a 33° Mason, but was written instead by a young man who had no personal experience with Freemasonry, and just assumed that everything he read about it at the time was true.

Past Grand Registrar Walter Wilmshurst further explained that those seeking higher knowledge "must be prepared to divest himself of all past preconceptions and thought habits and, with childlike meekness and docility, surrender his mind to the reception of some perhaps novel and unexpected truths..."

I've never read this before, but I'd wager that if truer words have ever been spoken, there weren't many of them.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Well, we've gotten through this episode without incident...

Damn dude, are you reading the same thread I am?!?

He certainly is a hot-tempered little fellow to be so "enlightened". Dude, what kinds of powers do you have anyway? Oh wait nevermind we're supposed to be heading back on topic... my bad, it's just I missed all the fun earlier... Sorry.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
A FIRE AT SEA
what is to give light
must endure burning."Victor Frankl"

one does not have to display such as a sitting budhist in meditation to need to be/reflect enlightenment..
I may have seemed hot..got me..i am usually the calmest one..been told over and over that i am more evolved..thou for some reason i feel so less evolved..

i should probably stop writting on these sites..because i am non conforming in nature and out of context....
i use to be a good writter then i had to take english class and the structure,properness destroyed it..i used to be a great artist on paper with paint etc.then i had to take 8 grade art..this is how you do it..and it destroyed it for me..
and so on and so on..
please forgive me for all the above..even people on their way to illumination consciously and sub..need to face demons..that is nature..white black hot cold.
cant have one with out the other..

in ways i wish i could become a free mason etc..thou just like school i feel it would be a waste of time for me...i failed evry grade of school..it bored the heck out of me...i would go to a tutor for 2 weeks out of the summers and ace my test..
nature and all the great people i have met as my dream unfolds has been the best teacher to me...and also my subconscious..it just seems to know things..and once i can ask the question the answer is delivered in some way.my awreness is great,thou not so great that i am blinded...been there.
living in a cabin on top of a mtn with no roads electric etc.. for a winter taught me alot as well.....also international prominent people,goverment scientist..shamans ,people that seemed like gods etc etc.

i have this innate knowledge with in me..
and am trying to put it in words..and numbers etc...

i am just trying to figure out why i have these..natural powers available..i dont look at them as being super...powers..

i feel we all have this,what i have..thou all we have been taught and shown and all that we see and do today just pulls us away from it..
and in a way..really a big way..i feel that is a great thing..knowing that some things are secret..and for a very good reason...it scares me and not much scares me..with all i know etc..you would think i would be krazy..maybe you think i am..but thats ok.i dont care...but it would scare me if the many people understood some things differnently,,,it would be great if we could all come from the heart fully first..
yrs ago,i asked this man,who was quiet and seemed a little krazy..the answer to something that was bugging me about something great..this man had some great knowledge with in him..he spoke to me only in ridules and told me that when i am ready to understand them,then i would be ready..
i wanted an answer there..he said i seemed like a very gooood person,thou how do you know you would do good with some knowledge..

i eventually figured it out by accident.. and i was in awe..this knowledge i dont use..well to a certain extent i do..but we all do on some level..

thou i dont really use it..for i need to put it in words i feel...and then my nonconforming side says..words are unecessary..somethings are just beyond word..
anyways,i dont know what i just said above,i hope it is somewhat sensible..
ok now i will zip my lips from now on
i am usually most quiet..and dont usually ever complain..i am tired of all the people complain'n about the time it is 7 times in an hour..and who did what to who and so on an so forth..and people like me who just challenge everything..inside and out

better yet i will stich my lips

thank you for being instrumental

AUM FROM THE HEART
hey does anyone aum..i hear it an awful lot sounding like ohm...thou in ancient times in sounded like aum.
& for some time focus on the heart as if it had wings for some time,before middle eye
yada yada..it probably means nothing to you..
i know nothing really.i make all this up..as i go.
just like feeling as if i a, an ancient soul from wales...i dont know why that keeps coming to me...i know nothing of wales and its history..i do like welsh corgies..
leaving the text
with greenmans ramble..ok slates wiped clean

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by D_Emissary56

So there you have it...there are "sacred secrets" that are known and preserved only by the "elect". We musn't be hasty to condemn any and all Freemasons since it seems that only the "illumined" few hold onto or practice what must remain secret.

I don't believe that Hall was talking about an "illuminated few" (he never even spoke in terms of numbers of members)... rather, what he meant is the same things that many masons still say today:

"From masonry, you get what you put into it."

If you choose to only enjoy the fraternity aspect of masonry, that's fine and there's nothing private or secret about it. But for those of us who choose to delve into the spiritual and moral side of masonry, who work at learning and interpreting the allegory and symbols, and work towards a greater truth, THESE are the "elect", so to speak. And many masons will tell you that the experience that one gain from this is very secret and very special, one cannot simply KNOW this.. they must EXPERIENCE it. That is why not everyone is part of this aspect of masonry.

I'd love to get Masonic Light's take on this.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

A FIRE AT SEA
*snip*
with greenmans ramble..ok slates wiped clean

Whoa dude, gimme some of what you're smokin'... No, wait, on second thought, I'll pass.

I'm trying to stay with you dude, but it's like trying to catch a moth with one hand that has two fingers on it...

Maybe Seraphim_Serpente can translate for me. Whaddya say SS? Care to give it a shot?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
back..
do you guys not smoke..ya know,once upon a time..hash was used amongst the masons or knights or someone to help bring about a blissful state..
there is great history with the use of drugs...they are not bad..it is how you use them that is bad..
look at the ancient mystery of soma...
or how santa claus was originally founded with the laplanders eating and drinking amanitas thru reindeer urine..
please dont anyone try eating these..better do do thru urine..
eating them should shut your liver down in 24 hours..
somehow i survived..woke up four days later....what a place i vissitted..
just awoke from dream?i vissitted some ancient sacred place..
it did not come from me smoking or mushrooms..i dont care to wander there anymore..ya really do not need to.
reality in itself is a good drug

forgive me.i was supposed to have become invisible
off to folow the sun
be nice..no matter what

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Have to agree with The Axeman on this one, i was completely lost about what this guy was trying to say about a page ago...

Could you explain your point or is this just a rant green man... just curious

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

back..
do you guys not smoke..ya know,once upon a time..hash was used amongst the masons or knights or someone to help bring about a blissful state..
there is great history with the use of drugs...they are not bad..it is how you use them that is bad..
look at the ancient mystery of soma...
or how santa claus was originally founded with the laplanders eating and drinking amanitas thru reindeer urine..
please dont anyone try eating these..better do do thru urine..
eating them should shut your liver down in 24 hours..
somehow i survived..woke up four days later....what a place i vissitted..
just awoke from dream?i vissitted some ancient sacred place..
it did not come from me smoking or mushrooms..i dont care to wander there anymore..ya really do not need to.
reality in itself is a good drug

forgive me.i was supposed to have become invisible
off to folow the sun
be nice..no matter what

That explains sooooooo much...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join