It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is 'white privilege'? Nobdy seems to want to explain

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
You don't know WTF you are talking about! My parents are white and in their 80's. Own their property and home (well no one EVER owns their property, try NOT paying the taxes and see how fast you lose it) yet at their age if they have to be put into a nursing home what inheritance do I get???? Not that I care because I actually don't expect OR want anything! It is laws that do not discriminate on the color of ones skin upon death and debt that decides who gets what IF anything is LEFT after the STATE gets theirs!

Keep talking though, this is fun!

Its nice your parents in their 80s own their home. How did they get it? When did they get it?
I have no doubt they earned it....Good for them, respect the elderly for their struggles

In saying that...

Guess who didn't have the same legal opportunities your parents did at the same time of their youth.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Yes. You like your potatoes. Well done, dont eat the green ones.

No, I got your inept point, btw. It was just, well, it was really bad. And easily refuted by .. something called, living in the real world.

Do you really hate your father for how your life is? Seems like it. You don't seem to be able to move past that fact. Sure, born into royalty, you're given everything. You're taking an extreme example of privilege and equating that to everyone. Folly. How many extremely wealthy white folk do you know? How many?

I can almost guarantee that you and your mates down sit around and listen to you telling them how their fathers and grandfathers are responsible for the state of all things now.

Jog on pillock.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: xBWOMPx

originally posted by: xBWOMPx
The last 200 years is only effecting those who want it to effect em.

Why aren't I as rich as a Rockafeller?
I work harder, I most likely have contributed more intellectually at my work than most of their offspring of the same age.

Why am I not equal or more wealthy than them?

why isn't anybody

Inheritance

I was never going to be as great as a Rockefeller because they have had amazing amounts of wealth for generations upon generations being pushed down to new generations. Thats just how it is. Unless I invent a teleporter or something that will take the entire globe by storm, then no matter what I do, I will never catch up to them...my kids won't either, nor will their kids. Doesn't mean they will starve. I will push forward what I can so they have a leg up on the competition, but still.

And thats the point.

Why can't black ppl be as wealthy and well off as white ppl (talking general here)....same reason...inheritance. Only recently in history have they even been able to own anything...and only recently have they been able to go to decent schools to compete for good jobs...and good schools cost good money...and guess what they are lacking due to no inheritance...

So... It's not white privilege, it's rockerfeller privilege.

We're making some progress.

link   

originally posted by: SummerRain
Do you really hate your father for how your life is?

Do you still beat your wife?

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: underwerks

People matter more.

People do matter. But a coffee shop is a business and a business exists to make money, not acquiesce to the capriciousness of those who do not pay their way. You and those two guys who got booted from Starbucks are entitled to nothing from a private business or property owner.

Lifelong, proud criminal here. So take that into consideration when trying to use “laws” as a form of argument against me.

Appealing to your own authority being a leech on society?

I will keep that in mind.

That’s only your interpretation of me. And that’s as far as it goes, really.

You live in a country that was founded by treasonous criminals, ran by criminals, and continues to be exploited by criminals that you argue in favor of daily.

So save me that “laws” BS until it actually applies to everyone equally.

Thanks.

Then why don't you take your virtue signaling and all the comforts you have been provided by those treasonous criminals and leave? I'm sure the EU would love having you. Gonna brag about your Uncle again being a spook? Wonder how he feels about your thoughts or maybe if he agrees with them it is proof of just how corrupt the CIA is?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You absolute spoon.

I have said for pages on end, the term white privilege isn't really the best word...it should be called inheritance privilege..because thats what it is.

I'm done...even a potato comment at this point would be a waste of time. Go plow a field or something

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

This cartoon applies in many ways. For instance, substitute the white fella for Maxine Waters but keep the black fella as representing her constituents.

OP, white privilege is a social meme and like racism, bigotry, xenophobia and other Hillary dog whistle words, gets rolled out every now and again as an excuse for shirking personal responsibility and an inability to keep an out of control ego in check.

It's basically an admission of personal failure on the part of the accuser.

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: underwerks

People matter more.

People do matter. But a coffee shop is a business and a business exists to make money, not acquiesce to the capriciousness of those who do not pay their way. You and those two guys who got booted from Starbucks are entitled to nothing from a private business or property owner.

Lifelong, proud criminal here. So take that into consideration when trying to use “laws” as a form of argument against me.

Appealing to your own authority being a leech on society?

I will keep that in mind.

That’s only your interpretation of me. And that’s as far as it goes, really.

You live in a country that was founded by treasonous criminals, ran by criminals, and continues to be exploited by criminals that you argue in favor of daily.

So save me that “laws” BS until it actually applies to everyone equally.

Thanks.

Then why don't you take your virtue signaling and all the comforts you have been provided by those treasonous criminals and leave? I'm sure the EU would love having you. Gonna brag about your Uncle again being a spook? Wonder how he feels about your thoughts or maybe if he agrees with them it is proof of just how corrupt the CIA is?

Why?

When you are going to stay in America and enjoy those same privileges provided by the same criminals that built this country?

The only virtue signaling here is from you and everyone else that accept the BS narrative that none of this actually exists in society. And that’s a misnomer, because there isn’t any virtue in what you’re trying to signal at all.

link   
He's not the one complaining about his wife... your complaining about your history and how you never inherited anythign, did you read my post to you about ALL the very wealthy black people that exist. It seems you ignore the truth and only cling onto whatever pisses you off and makes you feel like you are owed something and people are just screwing you over, people like you are very very annoying and childish

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
To me, white privilege means being born into a world that's already been long primed or conditioned to the rule of those of fairer skin. For centuries, the light skinned Europeans ruled over the majority of this planet. Not only was Europe under their rule and their religion, but the Americas, Africa, Australia and large parts of Asia. Many countries in South America and in Africa still speak French, Spanish, English or Portuguese as their main language. Many Indians are still fluent in English from young age and Indian food is everywhere in Britain.

This does not mean that a white person is automatically placed in a higher position, but we are all conditioned to accept it when it happens. Throughout the centuries the white folks have established themselves in government, trade, manufacturing and so on. Those businesses and money are passed down, which means those who have had an advantage for centuries naturally start with an advantage. This is no conspiracy, it's just the way money and ownership works.

Do I like it? No. But I do understand why it is so, and I understand it will still take much, much longer until it is overcome and real equality is attained. It took centuries to get here, it may take just as long to unwind it, fully.

Look... that argument can go on forever... English only exists because the Celtic language was destroyed/amalgamated with Germanic tribes from the continent.

The whole world is in a constant cultural flux and that's a good thing.

The worst parts of the latest trends are the whole cultural appropriation bollocks. Sharing ideas amongst cultures brings us together and strengthens us all.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

To be fair I think the left wing narrative often steps on its own feet..

White privledge is inaccurate and thus leaves room for “debunking”..

Obviously some poor white trailer park kid isn’t going to be very privileged. Now are they..

A more accurate term is “black discrimination” ...

People on the left will set themselves up for failure constantly in the same fashion..

Take Black lives matter..

Police shootings are in no way a black only issue..

They are an everybody issue..

Selling it like it is a black only problem tel 87% of the population “this is not an issue that concerns you and your children.. This only concerns blacks and their children”..

Which couldn’t be further firom the truth.
edit on 14-7-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Do you really hate your father for how your life is?

Do you still beat your wife?

Yes. Mrs Palmer will NOT be cold next time.

That it?

Asked you a genuine question. Was it too hard?

If our conditions in life today, are the result of how our fathers reacted to things, are you so upset with yours? Or are you one of those well to do white people living with the privilege of luxury just by being born, yet opines about the plights of others and indeed takes them on as if they were their own, to alleviate their own guilt?

What made you so guilty? Your father? Or you.

link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

White privilege is hard to define because the 'norm' of our society is based on being White and being Male and everything else is considered somehow deviant.

What's actually wrong with a predominantly white culture normalising white culture.

Do you think Nigerians are bending over backwards to get more white culture in Nigeria?

link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Dude everything in your post was spot on.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You absolute spoon.

I have said for pages on end, the term white privilege isn't really the best word...it should be called inheritance privilege..because thats what it is.

I'm done...even a potato comment at this point would be a waste of time. Go plow a field or something

Well you know a spoon is good for stirring. But stop licking it, please.

"Go plough a field."

Wise words to those who find work offensive, and rely instead on crying about not being born into wealth.
edit on 14-7-2018 by SummerRain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Think of how much you hate criminals and people like me the next time you walk in a legal dispensary, which is being undoubtedly ran and supplied by people exactly like me.

Who up until recently were multiple felons every morning they woke up.

Yay for freedom.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I can't believe this conversation is still going on.

SaturnFX summed it up: it's inheritance, not race.

The only problem is in our language.

We can't change our race. If I'm white and born into a wealthy family: I'm privileged. If I'm black and born into a wealthy family: I'm privileged.

It's inheritance. It's money. It's not white/black/red/yellow.

But continue arguing and hating each other...you'll get exactly where the privileged want you to be.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainHook

White privilege is having the privilege of repeatedly being told you have white privilege even though we don't.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

We can't change our race. If I'm white and born into a wealthy family: I'm privileged. If I'm black and born into a wealthy family: I'm privileged.

But continue arguing and hating each other...you'll get exactly where the privileged want you to be.

If that is so, DENOUNCE those who are promoting "White Privilege".

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

If that is so, DENOUNCE those who are promoting "White Privilege".

Well ... ok...

I, Admitted, ATS member, the...not-oft posted, rarely starred, few-thread-making...person...hereby declares:

Those who promote "White Privilege" are no longer recognized in my kingdom. Wherever that is!

ok?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join