It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is 'white privilege'? Nobdy seems to want to explain

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: underwerks
White privilege is not being arrested for sitting in a Starbucks.

Loitering and trespassing.

It's only racist because it was enforced against two black guys.

Anyone else and it would have been seen for what it is. Two entitled pricks hanging out without buying anything.

Dear lord we have people loitering and trespassing in a coffee shop.

The laws!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I've been a barista and have had to get rid of loiterers. They take up space otherwise used by paying customers.

Your response says a lot about how you see private property rights.

Laws matter.
edit on 14 7 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: xBWOMPx
WHITE PEOPLE ended legal chattel slavery

Well done white folks. glad we came to our senses.
Fun fact to discuss to a feminist btw, it was men that fought to give them equal rights both in the streets, and in the congress.

But thats not what is the biggest effect

civil rights was given just a handful of decades ago..before that...crap areas to live, crap schooling, discrimination, etc....that is frankly the biggest thing still rippling today and that wasn't just for a few thousand black folks, it was for all black folks.

I imagine if we wait, maybe 5 or 6 generations will not really be feeling the effects of what happened, at least no more than any other minority in any country (Nepotism will always be king in the good jobs issue and nothing will change that)....but I think we can do better and make it 1-2 instead if we all consider a decent resolution.

What happened to you PERSONALLY in your life to make you so full of hate and wanting to live in the past in a life you were never a part of?

link   

WHITE PEOPLE ended legal chattel slavery

Well done white folks. glad we came to our senses.
Fun fact to discuss to a feminist btw, it was men that fought to give them equal rights both in the streets, and in the congress.

But thats not what is the biggest effect

civil rights was given just a handful of decades ago..before that...crap areas to live, crap schooling, discrimination, etc....that is frankly the biggest thing still rippling today and that wasn't just for a few thousand black folks, it was for all black folks.

I imagine if we wait, maybe 5 or 6 generations will not really be feeling the effects of what happened, at least no more than any other minority in any country (Nepotism will always be king in the good jobs issue and nothing will change that)....but I think we can do better and make it 1-2 instead if we all consider a decent resolution.

Ummmm, we were talking about skin color and those who use it for their agenda are Racists, and you just brought up GENDER????? Your desperation is really enjoyable to witness!

roflmao Keep on talking!

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Par for the course..

I swear to god one debate class that covered logical fallacies debunks 90% of modern conservatism..

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The problem comes in when the laws are only enforced on one group of people..

link   

No, you just want your opinion to be validated, and refuse to consider that yours is complete bollocks.

edit on 14-7-2018 by SummerRain because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Par for the course..

I swear to god one debate class that covered logical fallacies debunks 90% of modern conservatism..

That's your problem! How much money do you OWE for being lied too?

If only Charles Manson could have got his hooks into you! lol
edit on 14-7-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The last 200 years is only effecting those who want it to effect em.

Why aren't I as rich as a Rockafeller?
I work harder, I most likely have contributed more intellectually at my work than most of their offspring of the same age.

Why am I not equal or more wealthy than them?

why isn't anybody

Inheritance

I was never going to be as great as a Rockefeller because they have had amazing amounts of wealth for generations upon generations being pushed down to new generations. Thats just how it is. Unless I invent a teleporter or something that will take the entire globe by storm, then no matter what I do, I will never catch up to them...my kids won't either, nor will their kids. Doesn't mean they will starve. I will push forward what I can so they have a leg up on the competition, but still.

And thats the point.

Why can't black ppl be as wealthy and well off as white ppl (talking general here)....same reason...inheritance. Only recently in history have they even been able to own anything...and only recently have they been able to go to decent schools to compete for good jobs...and good schools cost good money...and guess what they are lacking due to no inheritance...

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

White privilege is not being arrested for sitting in a Starbucks.

Loitering and trespassing.

It's only racist because it was enforced against two black guys.

Anyone else and it would have been seen for what it is. Two entitled pricks hanging out without buying anything.

Dear lord we have people loitering and trespassing in a coffee shop.

The laws!!!

Loitering is illegal, people are trying to make a living, if I owned a shop and there were people hanging around and not doing business with me at a building that I pay to keep running then they will leave. It's been a law for a very long time, it's called having some common decency as well. People are just trying to make a living and provide for there families and it makes it harder to run a business when people loiter and take up space that could be used for people wanting to do business...

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I've been a barista and have had to get rid of loiterers. They take up space otherwise used by paying customers.

Your response says a lot about how you see private property rights.

Laws matter.

People matter more.

Lifelong, proud criminal here. So take that into consideration when trying to use “laws” as a form of argument against me.

link   

Par for the course..

I think some ppl on here genuinely don't understand the concept of inherited gains and the disparity
Some others know but are a bit ashamed so its a defensive reaction
and some others are just racist fecks who need to be completely and utterly ignored.

I'll leave it like that

link   

I work harder, I most likely have contributed more intellectually at my work than most of their offspring of the same age.

why isn't anybody

Obviously, because their fathers had their barns burnt down by evil white men, who went on to become trabillionaire shysters who look down their noses at the impoverished folk left in their wake.

No one can ever be better than a serf, with white privilege running so rampant.

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Lol since when has that been the definition of racism lol?!?!

I thought the definition of racism was a belief that one or more races were superior/inferior to one or more races..

When did it magically become “any time someone with an agenda mentions race”?!!!

Oh that’s right..

On Fox News accusing someone of being a racists means that you are in fact a racist..

Lol man if conservatives had a dictionary they would be.... well they probably wouldn’t be conservatives anymore..

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

People matter more.

People do matter. But a coffee shop is a business and a business exists to make money, not acquiesce to the capriciousness of those who do not pay their way. You and those two guys who got booted from Starbucks are entitled to nothing from a private business or property owner.

Lifelong, proud criminal here. So take that into consideration when trying to use “laws” as a form of argument against me.

Appealing to your own authority being a leech on society?

I will keep that in mind.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Or enforced differently. Which is what happens a lot of times.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

why isn't anybody

Inheritance

I was never going to be as great as a Rockefeller because they have had amazing amounts of wealth for generations upon generations being pushed down to new generations. Thats just how it is. Unless I invent a teleporter or something that will take the entire globe by storm, then no matter what I do, I will never catch up to them...my kids won't either, nor will their kids. Doesn't mean they will starve. I will push forward what I can so they have a leg up on the competition, but still.

And thats the point.

Why can't black ppl be as wealthy and well off as white ppl (talking general here)....same reason...inheritance. Only recently in history have they even been able to own anything...and only recently have they been able to go to decent schools to compete for good jobs...and good schools cost good money...and guess what they are lacking due to no inheritance...

You don't know WTF you are talking about! My parents are white and in their 80's. Own their property and home (well no one EVER owns their property, try NOT paying the taxes and see how fast you lose it) yet at their age if they have to be put into a nursing home what inheritance do I get???? Not that I care because I actually don't expect OR want anything! It is laws that do not discriminate on the color of ones skin upon death and debt that decides who gets what IF anything is LEFT after the STATE gets theirs!

Keep talking though, this is fun!

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

It should never be enforced on any group..black, white, etc.

Laws pertain to government. Government outside of simply ensuring laws allow equality are also in charge of commerce viability.
That comes through ensuring poverty is at a low...so any and all laws that would help need to be focused on skintone, but on fiscal worth. This is best done through of course making higher value employees...and that comes in the form of actual trades and skills education....STEM fields and trades should be free to anyone under X yearly...and incentives to upgrade your job...perhaps free daycare vouchers for the poor and working poor so long as they are enrolled in higher training. Simple solutions that would ultimately allow for a more robust economy.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

why isn't anybody

Inheritance

And thats the point.

Stop worrying about other people and worry about yourself, kind of like my father use to tell me as a child when I played sports "Dont compete with other people because you will only limit yourself, instead, compete with yourself and know you can do better then you did before"

en.wikipedia.org...

www.forbes.com...

www.ranker.com...

Now, stop talking about how there are no black people who are rich, im sorry you weren't born into the Rockefeller family, get over it, I was born into the Halliburton family but im not rich, have you ever heard me complain? nope, not once in my entire life, I work hard, I served my country, I volunteered to go to Iraq when I was younger, I bust my a*ss to own my home, my cars, provide for my family but I never once expected money from anyone nor complained about how im a Halliburton and my grandfather left that life style in Texas a long time ago. I respect him for it, im glad im not a multi millionair, I like who I am as a person, I love my values and respect for hard work! stop complaining and just do the best you can in life, you dont carry your things and money to your grave, you carry your legacy, who you were as a person, that's it!

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

People matter more.

People do matter. But a coffee shop is a business and a business exists to make money, not acquiesce to the capriciousness of those who do not pay their way. You and those two guys who got booted from Starbucks are entitled to nothing from a private business or property owner.

Appealing to your own authority being a leech on society?

I will keep that in mind.

That’s only your interpretation of me. And that’s as far as it goes, really.

You live in a country that was founded by treasonous criminals, ran by criminals, and continues to be exploited by criminals that you argue in favor of daily.

So save me that “laws” BS until it actually applies to everyone equally.

Thanks.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join