It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is 'white privilege'? Nobdy seems to want to explain

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

When do people say extremely racist things about white people lol??

Could you please provide a couple examples?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: SummerRain

a reply to: SaturnFX

What about bobby and berta who never had any chances, but stuck to their guns and made something. They suffer the same fate?

Or the white child who lives in poverty? She getting any of this?

What a load of codswallop. A persons circumstance today, in a civilised country, is not a reflection of that country, more their personal situation.

Now give me money.

I'll just repeat what I said already to address you specifically

I imagine lots of people don't want to even consider it so will just find small examples (Joe the black dude down the street makes more than I do, therefore all untrue) that will be able to comfortably dismiss it...but facts care little about feelings in the end.

So, you're racist then. Colour of skin determines ones societal worth.

If your answer is a cut'n'paste, don't bother.

Potato

So you think that the Irish, having a potato famine, was what? Elucidate.

Or are you just drunk, and hoping it turns into another glass of vodka?

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: underwerks
White privilege is not being arrested for sitting in a Starbucks.

It's also being the nephew of a spook who is so self loathing and indoctrinated to hate their own they make statements like you just did!

Who do you think runs ATS?

Boo!

link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

How about every black comedian ever...

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indrasweb

I think you're right in the context of America but I think you're wrong to limit the scope of your reply to simply the USA. If you apply the same reasoning and concepts across the globe and throughout history, the notion of exclusively white privilege becomes untenable.

I think it still stands.
The past, say, 200 years is what is affecting us now. in the past 200 years, africans were the common slave where slavery was allowed.
Same path about land ownership, segregation, etc. Some nations wised up much faster than the ole US but not by generations. Meanwhile, the British empire...nuff said there.

So ppl overall today don't disciminate in large numbers...yeah some jackass racists out there but they are less and less...but what we are left with is the result of previous generations and the disparity that was created long before us for many generations....again, the inheritance privilege thing.

So...I guess first we need to admit there is a issue here and from that point, we can perhaps address it in a sensible way that doesn't just toss money down a pit, but somehow build ladders for those affected

The last 200 years is only effecting those who want it to effect em. I know people of all colors that are doing just fine in life that are not effected by what happened 200 years ago. Live in the past or move forward, it is your choice...

en.wikipedia.org...(colonist)

en.wikipedia.org...

In 1830 there was 3775 free black people who owned 12,740 black slaves

Most slaves brought to America were purchased by black slave owners in Africa

Slavery was common for thousands of years all over the world

WHITE PEOPLE ended legal chattel slavery

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

That’s about right lol

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Ummmm, most white people don't get BUTTHURT when they are called a name? Sticks and Stones ya know?

Why is it that people of a certain color skin are protected from speech while others are not comrade?

You can thank those like yourself who wake up every day trying to find someone who said something offensive for the mess we are in right now right?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

What about bobby and berta who never had any chances, but stuck to their guns and made something. They suffer the same fate?

Or the white child who lives in poverty? She getting any of this?

What a load of codswallop. A persons circumstance today, in a civilised country, is not a reflection of that country, more their personal situation.

Now give me money.

I'll just repeat what I said already to address you specifically

I imagine lots of people don't want to even consider it so will just find small examples (Joe the black dude down the street makes more than I do, therefore all untrue) that will be able to comfortably dismiss it...but facts care little about feelings in the end.

So, you're racist then. Colour of skin determines ones societal worth.

If your answer is a cut'n'paste, don't bother.

Potato

So you think that the Irish, having a potato famine, was what? Elucidate.

Or are you just drunk, and hoping it turns into another glass of vodka?

Oh, sorry, when I find a person having so little value to a conversation that they are basically just word vomiting without any actual direction, I simply dismiss them and give them at least one damn word they can understand...that word is potato. Everyone knows what a potato is, most have opinions about them, and its something to distract their small inferior minds to fixate on while adults talk with higher levels of value.
so yeah...for you:

potato

now off you go

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

The answer is in your post... just think about it for a minute, or several. But it's in your post.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I was kicked out of hungry jacks once, AND this was after they refused to give me a refill of iced water. We didn't order anything, but it's my rights, golly gee.

To whom can I direct my complaint of racial discrimination and social injustice?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xBWOMPx
The last 200 years is only effecting those who want it to effect em.

Why aren't I as rich as a Rockafeller?
I work harder, I most likely have contributed more intellectually at my work than most of their offspring of the same age.

Why am I not equal or more wealthy than them?

link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

White privilege and those who use this idiotic racist term seriously. Like is so often paraded about.

You saw the post I responded to right?

Don't be obtuse it's irritating.

edit on 14 7 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

link   

It's also being the nephew of a spook who is so self loathing and indoctrinated to hate their own they make statements like you just did!

Boo!

Don't care!

Also don't care someone is careless enough or just not telling the truth that their Uncle was a Spook!

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The last 200 years is only effecting those who want it to effect em.

Why aren't I as rich as a Rockafeller?
I work harder, I most likely have contributed more intellectually at my work than most of their offspring of the same age.

Why am I not equal or more wealthy than them?

why isn't anybody

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Loitering and trespassing.

It's only racist because it was enforced against two black guys.

Anyone else and it would have been seen for what it is. Two entitled pricks hanging out without buying anything.
edit on 14 7 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Well, what an absurd thing.

You are NOT your father, nor am I mine. What unforseen guiding hand gave our fathers these stables? Was it a faery? A goblin? God? Or was it the work put into obtaining it?

A good father would have taught their child that hard work is the answer, not living in the past and crying about things that cannot be changed. You know, common sense.

But you, you prefer the concept of wringing your fists and screaming how someone else has something while you do not, and not putting the effort in to obtaining it.

I think your father is turning in his grave.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Boo!

Don't care!

Also don't care someone is careless enough or just not telling the truth that their Uncle was a Spook!

Is that it? Lmao.

And you all wonder why threads like this turn into an echo chamber, despite the few posters here who actually understand what’s going on.

It’s like a bunch of senior citizens who’s time has passed trying to lecture all the youngins on how things are. Lmao.

I feel like I’m arguing with my grandfathers drunk friends.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

WHITE PEOPLE ended legal chattel slavery

Well done white folks. glad we came to our senses.
Fun fact to discuss to a feminist btw, it was men that fought to give them equal rights both in the streets, and in the congress.

But thats not what is the biggest effect

civil rights was given just a handful of decades ago..before that...crap areas to live, crap schooling, discrimination, etc....that is frankly the biggest thing still rippling today and that wasn't just for a few thousand black folks, it was for all black folks.

I imagine if we wait, maybe 5 or 6 generations will not really be feeling the effects of what happened, at least no more than any other minority in any country (Nepotism will always be king in the good jobs issue and nothing will change that)....but I think we can do better and make it 1-2 instead if we all consider a decent resolution.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: CaptainHook

Im white and I am not even privileged enough to say the N word. BUt black people can say it all they want.

Whos privileged?

You don't have to say it. Just appear somewhere, anywhere, and there you go. You're a racist.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Well, what an absurd thing.

You are NOT your father, nor am I mine. What unforseen guiding hand gave our fathers these stables? Was it a faery? A goblin? God? Or was it the work put into obtaining it?

A good father would have taught their child that hard work is the answer, not living in the past and crying about things that cannot be changed. You know, common sense.

But you, you prefer the concept of wringing your fists and screaming how someone else has something while you do not, and not putting the effort in to obtaining it.

I think your father is turning in his grave.

I see you missed the entire point of the stable example...I said it before, and will say it again (and for the final time with you).
Potato

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join