It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is 'white privilege'? Nobdy seems to want to explain

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Ahuh.

Funny how yours was conceptually smaller than mine. Didn't quite have that satisfaction of truth to it. We're talking about every day people, not conglomerates. Or whatever considered white establishment you're thinking of benefiting off the backs of minorities.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

No I don't. But it's part of their history, so you either accept it or deny it. Either way what's happening over there is because people can't work together and move on. But the fact still stands white privilege was incorporated into their society for a long time.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
A phrase used to divide and establish the war on competency.

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: strongfp

Where I live diversity runs deep, white privilege is pretty much dead. There's just blatant racism now.

In my first post in this thread I even mentioned that it's a dying concept. But it still exists! It was a huge thing, for a long time. Just look at South Africa, small minority of white people had all the power, land, wealth, white people literally had no worry in the world, it lost it's grip to the majority.

Ahhhhhh South Africa! Now your true racism SHINES! Guess you hate whitey so much that you support all those white farmers being brutalized, raped and murdered?

Keep on talking!

Actually that is a great example.
Lets say SA black folk take ALL the white ppls land...all their money, everything and push them all into small encampments.
They let it simmer for about 20 years, then feel bad and say "oh, our bad, you're free"....consider the kids of those white folks in SA...no land, still given the stink eye because they're hungry so some resort to doing whatever to eat.

Then you will have some jackass say "well, they have all the rights as us...why are they just a bunch of thuggish criminals stealing bread, selling dope, etc...why not just go to college? our kids did and it barely cost us a years wages for middle class, luckily we have a good savings up..

would you see the issue there?
This isn't a land where the black folk are locked up or segregated today...but we are dealing with the kids of the family who was...and they are wondering what they can do..well, not the first generation, its now the second generation removed from that nonsense at least..so some gains are being slowly made, but the issue remains. The deck is stacked against them at the moment.

What is your solution? How can black family 1 save up for a kids university training when they are barely making ends meet even with the kid working part time at the clucky cluck?

I think free trade and STEM scholarships for anyone considered near or impoverished would be a good start.

link   

But people choose to discriminate against people with color. You aren't born a racist.

Huh?

So what is all this talk about racist whitey who has everything handed to him on a silver platter, just by virtue of being born white, then?

We're supposed to feel guilt just by being white, a virtue of birth, and not a choice.

MAKE YOUR MINDS UP, I'M GETTING GUILT BURNOUT.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
White people are okay, I'm just getting sick and tired of the uppity Caucasians.

With their "ways" and how they "talk"!

pfft!

Damned Caucasians always getting. . . wait, what?

link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Taggart

So basically when someone says something extremely racist about white people that defending themselves makes them even more racist right?

This bull# is collectivist nonsense and a particularly ugly version of it.

I kinda wanna ask your opinion on vegetarianism.

I imagine it will go something like this

me: What is the benefits of being a vegetarian?
you: Hitler was a vegetarian...you like murdering jewish people? you are a nazi? vegetarians are nazis!!!

aka: a subject is brought up, you only point out the most wild radical jackassery within the subject and shut it down completely instead of a contemplative consideration of the nuances within the subject.
WP? oh..some guy said white ppl suck...therefore it has no merit, no discussion points, and should be fully dismissed without any further investigation.

WTF does eating food have to do with the color of ones skin?

3 stars for being confused about a pretty simplistic allegory. I applaud you sir, you are king of the blind.

I could explain what the whole vegetarian thing meant, but I am not sure even drawing pictures at this point would help you understand

It's because he's a stupid racist white fellow, isn't it.

*nods*

link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Well the American southern states had a history curriculum that the civil was was known as "the war of northern aggression".
That they were the victims. A war literally fought over white supremacy was twisted into something for hundreds of thousands of students. Are you saying that isn't white privilege?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

No I don't. But it's part of their history, so you either accept it or deny it. Either way what's happening over there is because people can't work together and move on. But the fact still stands white privilege was incorporated into their society for a long time.

You just debunked your whole racist ideology in you own response to me!

Try comprehending what you typed into you computer!!!

How can people work together when idiots who have been indoctrinated into our college institutions see RACISM around every corner? Seriously? This garbage of blaming a whole RACE has got to stop! It isn't your adversaries like ME promoting it! I want it STOPPED!

Christ, those of you who see Racists EVERYWHERE and pointing at everyone who disagrees with your thought process, do YOU realize how much of a tool you are to the establishment who is using YOU to create this division?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
White privilege is not being arrested for sitting in a Starbucks.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

Ahuh.

Funny how yours was conceptually smaller than mine. Didn't quite have that satisfaction of truth to it. We're talking about every day people, not conglomerates. Or whatever considered white establishment you're thinking of benefiting off the backs of minorities.

Since you like absurdity, I'll give you a nice absurd example

We both own a stable...I go and burn down your stable, take your best horses, sell off the rest.
I enslave you and force you and your family to enhance my stable. we make amazing horses with all the best stuff I stole.
I die, you die, but your kid and my kid live on. I leave my kid my super amazing stable, your kid...gets freedom and is allowed to return to his cinders...

the horse race is next week...my kid laughs saying we are both free, why didn't your kid simply work harder to make a better stable and try to win the horse race?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

You're going off on a rant. What you just said meant nothing to what I am arguing here. You are labeling me as a racist sympathizer now?
What?

I have said many times that white privilege doesn't even exist now days, it's just blatant racism now. But it did exist! And the concept hasn't changed!

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

originally posted by: Admitted
White privilege exists. White (trash) privilege is where it gets confusing.

I believe it refers to whites always having been the majority and all of the "old" money is with them. Everything has been geared in their favor since the founding of the country.

In today's world more and more of us whites are "trash" (poor) and this doesn't apply, so there is much confusion. It's also why Trump is president.

Just flapping your gums coz you like the sound your lips smacking makes, huh.

White Majority. Old Money. Their Favour.

Racist.

What? All I got from that is you're British...

That's interesting. Which part of Britain am I from, then, guv?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Taggart

So basically when someone says something extremely racist about white people that defending themselves makes them even more racist right?

This bull# is collectivist nonsense and a particularly ugly version of it.

I kinda wanna ask your opinion on vegetarianism.

I imagine it will go something like this

me: What is the benefits of being a vegetarian?
you: Hitler was a vegetarian...you like murdering jewish people? you are a nazi? vegetarians are nazis!!!

aka: a subject is brought up, you only point out the most wild radical jackassery within the subject and shut it down completely instead of a contemplative consideration of the nuances within the subject.
WP? oh..some guy said white ppl suck...therefore it has no merit, no discussion points, and should be fully dismissed without any further investigation.

WTF does eating food have to do with the color of ones skin?

3 stars for being confused about a pretty simplistic allegory. I applaud you sir, you are king of the blind.

I could explain what the whole vegetarian thing meant, but I am not sure even drawing pictures at this point would help you understand

It's because he's a stupid racist white fellow, isn't it.

*nods*

I would have gone with intentionally misrepresenting the argument because it feels uncomfortable...but you can see him how you want.

link   

originally posted by: underwerks
White privilege is not being arrested for sitting in a Starbucks.

It's also being the nephew of a spook who is so self loathing and indoctrinated to hate their own they make statements like you just did!

link   
a reply to: CaptainHook

Im white and I am not even privileged enough to say the N word. BUt black people can say it all they want.

Whos privileged?

link   

What about bobby and berta who never had any chances, but stuck to their guns and made something. They suffer the same fate?

Or the white child who lives in poverty? She getting any of this?

What a load of codswallop. A persons circumstance today, in a civilised country, is not a reflection of that country, more their personal situation.

Now give me money.

I'll just repeat what I said already to address you specifically

I imagine lots of people don't want to even consider it so will just find small examples (Joe the black dude down the street makes more than I do, therefore all untrue) that will be able to comfortably dismiss it...but facts care little about feelings in the end.

So, you're racist then. Colour of skin determines ones societal worth.

If your answer is a cut'n'paste, don't bother.

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

What about bobby and berta who never had any chances, but stuck to their guns and made something. They suffer the same fate?

Or the white child who lives in poverty? She getting any of this?

What a load of codswallop. A persons circumstance today, in a civilised country, is not a reflection of that country, more their personal situation.

Now give me money.

I'll just repeat what I said already to address you specifically

I imagine lots of people don't want to even consider it so will just find small examples (Joe the black dude down the street makes more than I do, therefore all untrue) that will be able to comfortably dismiss it...but facts care little about feelings in the end.

So, you're racist then. Colour of skin determines ones societal worth.

If your answer is a cut'n'paste, don't bother.

Potato

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
White people are okay, I'm just getting sick and tired of the uppity Caucasians.

With their "ways" and how they "talk"!

pfft!

Damned Caucasians always getting. . . wait, what?

Not me. I'm a proud neanderthal descendent.

And to think, we almost wiped you ape lovers out...

#CAVEMANLIVESMATTER

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join